PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning wins Comeback Player of the Year

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2013, 08:29 PM
NEW ORLEANS -- A year ago, Peyton Manning didn't know if he would ever play again. Now he's the 2012 Associated Press NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

The Denver Broncos quarterback won the award Saturday night at "NFL Honors", edging Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. Manning sat out the entire 2011 season with neck problems that took four different surgeries to correct and led to the end of his 14-season run with the Indianapolis Colts. He signed with the Broncos in March and put together one of the best statistical seasons of his NFL career.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000134511/article/peyton-manning-wins-comeback-player-of-the-year

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2013, 08:39 PM
NEW ORLEANS — Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning on Saturday was named NFL comeback player of the year.

This was a rare year when the league's two best players — Manning and Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson — came off serious injuries. Manning missed the entire 2011 season with the Indianapolis Colts because of four neck surgeries. In his first year with the Broncos, he threw 37 touchdown passes against 11 interceptions while leading the team to an AFC-best 13-3 record.

Peterson suffered a torn ACL on Dec. 24, 2011, yet returned this season to rush for 2,097 yards — 8 yards shy of the NFL single-season record set in 1984 by Eric Dickerson.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22507813/peyton-manning-broncos-qb-named-nfls-comeback-player

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2013, 08:43 PM
from dp article:

"You just go out there and play, you don't think about the individual awards," Manning said. "You accept them on behalf of your teammates. And so the comeback player of the year, I'd like to thank the entire Broncos organization — the coaches, the players, the support people for helping me get out there and getting back on the field and having a positive return to football."’’

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22507813/peyton-manning-broncos-qb-named-nfls-comeback-player

SR
02-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Good job Peyton!

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2013, 09:04 PM
NEW ORLEANS – Peyton Manning earned the FedEx Air Player of the Year award, the league announced at its annual awards show on Friday.

Manning was nominated for five FedEx Air Player of the Week honors and won the award in Week 17.

“This is a great honor to win the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Year," Manning said. "The best part about this award is that it’s voted on by the fans. That means a great deal. I’m truly honored to win this award. I want to thank FedEx for honoring me with this award.”

rest - plus video - 2012: Best of Peyton Manning - denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Manning-Named-FedEx-Air-Player-of-the-Year/0ad6c08d-e56d-4b55-936d-13687e90edf6

SR
02-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Too bad AP won MVP

DenBronx
02-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Mannings injury was more severe than APs. He deserved it.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Check this out - Peyton wore his "orange" tie at the Honors Show:

http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/02/02/photos-2013-nfl-honors-show/#5

Northman
02-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Wait? You mean Underarmor hasnt come in here and said AP deserves this award? He must be slacking.

Dzone
02-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Wait? You mean Underarmor hasnt come in here and said AP deserves this award? He must be slacking.
LOL...He did that in the other manning thread along with something about APs season should help get him in the HOF

pegcage
02-03-2013, 12:32 PM
And I do not care what anyone says, Manning is a good looking man. Looks is not just about facial features, although his are not bad. Good looks has to do with personality, demeanor, confidence, and a whole lot of factors, not just how synchronized the features are. I would take Peyton's overall presence against pretty boy Brady's any day.

By the way, why does Brady never give his support to the NFL by being present at events like this????

Nomad
02-03-2013, 12:38 PM
And I do not care what anyone says, Manning is a good looking man. Looks is not just about facial features, although his are not bad. Good looks has to do with personality, demeanor, confidence, and a whole lot of factors, not just how synchronized the features are. I would take Peyton's overall presence against pretty boy Brady's any day.

By the way, why does Brady never give his support to the NFL by being present at events like this????

Are you the national president of the Peyton Manning fan club?

just kidding!:D

Davii
02-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Glad to see him win CBPOTY, well deserved. The MVP vote was a tossup, I would've voted Manning but certainly can't fault an Adrian Peterson selection. Congratulations Manning, hopefully you win MVP next year the day before you get your second Super Bowl win!

TXBRONC
02-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Too bad AP won MVP

I was just thinking the same thing.

sneakers
02-10-2013, 06:46 AM
They spelled MVP wrong

UnderArmour
02-10-2013, 07:57 AM

Manning sat out an entire season while AP played 12 games and almost had a 1000 yard season that year. Manning's unique situation and his success in 2012 entitled him to the award.