PDA

View Full Version : Broncos @ Seahawks Game day thread 8/22

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TXBRONC
08-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Yes I know it's early but around here "The early bird gets the worm." I've always loved starting these threads. So I hope people wont be to upset if we start a little early. Anyway, as always my hope is that Denver can get through the game unscathed and I hope we see improvement in all areas especially at quarterback.

I could I get a sticky please.

EastCoastBronco
08-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Speaking of early, It's too bad that the game doesn't start a little earlier. Out here on the East Coast of Canada it doesn't start until 11:30pm. Gonna be a late night...

nbenallo33
08-21-2009, 08:54 AM
cant wait im wearing my thowback afl broncos shirt today!! :rockon:

TXBRONC
08-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Speaking of early, It's too bad that the game doesn't start a little earlier. Out here on the East Coast of Canada it doesn't start until 11:30pm. Gonna be a late night...

I'm in the Central time zone is not a real early start for us either. We have a 9:30 pm start time and since I'll have to be about 5:30 am on Saturday that makes it kind of late for me.

Dirk
08-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm in the Central time zone is not a real early start for us either. We have a 9:30 pm start time and since I'll have to be about 5:30 am on Saturday that makes it kind of late for me.

Same here in MO. DVR is my friend for late games and no reading or talking to anyone until I can watch it the next morning with my :coffee:.

LRtagger
08-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Go Broncos!

NightTrainLayne
08-21-2009, 10:38 AM
I hope this early thread doesn't jinx us.

honz
08-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Sneakers is gonna be pissed! Is this game televised? Or will I have to watch it on the interweb?

NightTrainLayne
08-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Sneakers is gonna be pissed! Is this game televised? Or will I have to watch it on the interweb?

NFL Network. 8:30 Mountain Time I believe (9:30 Central)

SR
08-21-2009, 11:26 AM
I hope Orton shows up.

TXBRONC
08-21-2009, 11:42 AM

I have done them in the past.

underrated29
08-21-2009, 12:11 PM
F-yeah!

My playoff game starts at like 5:20- My game should be over just in time for me to watch the start of the game!

Tomorrow is going to be such a great day.

Got my FF draft
Got my Playoff game
Got the Broncos game

Fall is the best time of the year. Sports time babay.

Jaws
08-21-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm too old for preseason,can't stay awake till 3.30 a.m kick off anymore! Now if it were only a few hours later, I could watch it over breakfast. Roll on the regular season and relatively sensible start times.

Go Broncos. Kick some ass.

gnomeflinger
08-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Hehehe. Go Denver!

broncofaninfla
08-21-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm curious to see LaKevin in action also going to be focused on Fields/Baker and Davis/DJ/Larsen/Woodyard.

Az Snake
08-21-2009, 12:51 PM

That's why we have so much "East Coast Bias" out here in the AFC West !

Same thing with the Pac-10. No respect from Bristol.

I hope to see something positive at Seattle tomorrow night.
WAY too much drama for me this off-season.

I would love to see this Brandon thing ironed out, it's needless disruption. Time for the Broncos to concentrate on FOOTBALL !

GO BRONCOS !!!

Lonestar
08-21-2009, 02:52 PM
MIght as well get this started even though it is tomorrow..

Lets get a Coser Look:

By Gray Caldwell
DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos take a big step toward the regular season this week.

The team closed out training camp on Thursday, and the start of the preseason is already out of the way -- the first chance to get the offense and defense together on the field, with maybe a few jitters along the way.

Check those off the to-do list.

Now, the club is onto its next challenge -- continue to grow as the preseason rolls on.

"Second preseason games are to limit the mistakes you made in the first game, maybe add a few things as far as offensively and defensively and see if we can now go out there and execute those new things," Chris Simms said. "Just continue to build week by week."

Preseason games are more for the team to work out its own kinks and show it can execute in all three phases of the game. But there is still focus paid to the opposing team, because as Brandon Stokley put it, "Every time you step on the field you want to win."

After spending the week taking a look at what the Seahawks have to offer, the Broncos realized it's a team that brings plenty of talent on both sides of the ball.

Kenny Peterson spoke about the team's zone blocking rushing attack, featuring the two-headed tandem of Julius Jones and bruising goal-line back T.J. Duckett. But that's not even the scariest part of their attack -- with the return of a healthy Matt Hasselbeck, it might be the passing game that poses the biggest threat.

"They've got weapons," Peterson said. "T.J. Houshmandzadeh, that dude's a beast. And up front, they are not the biggest line but they are very athletic."

Nate Burleson and Deion Branch are two more receivers that give them a talented group that can stretch the field.

On the other hand, the Seahawks defense ranked near the bottom of the league in 2008, but it's a unit that still presents plenty of talent and challenges. It has also been retooled this offseason with the return of cornerback Ken Lucas, who began his career in Seattle, and the acquisition of defensive end Cory Redding. To get Redding, the team gave up a linebacker in Julian Peterson, but added another in the form of Aaron Curry, the No. 4 overall selection in the 2009 NFL Draft.

Curry's addition next to Pro Bowler Lofa Tatupu at middle linebacker and Leroy Hill at the other outside linebacker spot gives Seattle "probably the best linebacking corps in the league," according to Stokley.

"They like to bring a lot of pressure, they're fast and they cause a lot of turnovers," he elaborated. "So it will be a good matchup for us."

But it's not just the three linebackers that provide a threat on the defensive side of the ball. Simms said he's very familiar with the rushers on the edge of the Seattle defensive line, and they make the unit a dangerous one.

"They kind of get overlooked up front, but I know a lot about Cory Redding, who they got there, he's a defensive end -- I played with him at Texas -- and then they've got Patrick Kerney," Simms said. "Those are two fierce competitors, and as a quarterback you've got to look out of the corner of your eye every now and then."

Regardless of what the other team brings to the field, however, the Broncos are focused on improving their team before September 13, when the games start to count.

While the first preseason game was a loss, players said all week long that it was a positive first showing, and Brian Dawkins said he "saw the things that we've worked on work."

So the goal, as Simms said, is to continue to build from week to week in the preseason, and Daniel Graham is confident the team will do just that when it steps on the field on Saturday.

"We just have to go out and play our game -- be relaxed, be comfortable," Graham said. "We've got the game plan this week, we feel real good about it, and if we go out there and eliminate the mistakes, we have a good chance of coming out with the win."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9251

Tned
08-21-2009, 03:05 PM

I would love to see this Brandon thing ironed out, it's needless disruption. Time for the Broncos to concentrate on FOOTBALL !

GO BRONCOS !!!

The article about McDaniels and winning once again reinforces that he thinks he can win immediately. He basically said he has never been on a team that has even been .500 and doesn't plan on starting now.

Hope that drive and confidence shows results right away.

TXBRONC
08-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Is it possible to get this stickied again?

Lonestar
08-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Is it possible to get this stickied again?

thought is was will do now..

must have come lose when I merged the thread I started with it..

TXBRONC
08-21-2009, 03:47 PM
thought is was will do now..

must have come lose when I merged the thread I started with it..

Thank you Jr.

TXBRONC
08-21-2009, 03:51 PM
The article about McDaniels and winning once again reinforces that he thinks he can win immediately. He basically said he has never been on a team that has even been .500 and doesn't plan on starting now.

Hope that drive and confidence shows results right away.

I hope he's right.

LoyalSoldier
08-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Ok Orton here is your chance to show you actually can do something besides short right, short right, short right, interception.

Az Snake
08-21-2009, 04:15 PM
MIght as well get this started even though it is tomorrow..

Lets get a Coser Look:

By Gray Caldwell
DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos take a big step toward the regular season this week.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9251

Gray quotes Chris Simms and others.
No opinions fom Kyle ?

sneakers
08-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Yes I know it's early but around here "The early bird gets the worm." I've always loved starting these threads. So I hope people wont be to upset if we start a little early. Anyway, as always my hope is that Denver can get through the game unscathed and I hope we see improvement in all areas especially at quarterback.

I could I get a sticky please.

Yeah, we were 0-3 last year when you made the game day threads

:D

TXBRONC
08-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah, we were 0-3 last year when you made the game day threads

:D

We lost a division title with yours. :lol:

Day1BroncoFan
08-21-2009, 04:37 PM
I hope we stomp their feathers off. :D

Lonestar
08-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Gray quotes Chris Simms and others.
No opinions from Kyle ?

most of this was in the Broncos video of the the upcoming game.. Orton must not have been available for camera work..;)

Nomad
08-21-2009, 06:08 PM

GO BRONCOS !!!

:beer:Az!! I agree with all your comments. I do miss living in the Pac time zone. This BRONCOS offseason has been needless drama. Oh well, I won't be able to watch the game but if Seattle wins I'm sure my father in law will let me know even though it's only preseason.....LSU vs Wash Huskies on Sept 3. Go BRONCOS and Tigers!!

Az Snake
08-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Gonna be a late night...

Especially with "Bill" on his way to see you !

Tned
08-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Denver Post is reporting:

@denverbroncos Marshall and Dawkins did not make the trip. Short story up soon.

Jaws
08-22-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm off to my cousin's wedding today, nice way to pass the day and make this game come faster :D

LordTrychon
08-22-2009, 02:18 AM
I'm off to my cousin's wedding today, nice way to pass the day and make this game come faster :D

:dance:

Tned
08-22-2009, 03:48 PM
With Moreno out, do you think Hillis is going to see many carries with the first team, or still be a first team FB and 2nd/3rd team RB?

What about Orton. Do you think the INTs were an anomoly?

Can the defense get pressure without giving up the big runs and passes like they did last week?

BroncoTech
08-22-2009, 03:54 PM
I think today's game raises more questions than it will answer. Questions like:

What the hell is Orton doing out there?
Is our D-line really made of Swiss Cheese?
Is Simms really this good?
Do we need another running back injury?
Can Marshall save us now?

Tned
08-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I think today's game raises more questions than it will answer. Questions like:

Is our D-line really made of Swiss Cheese?

Well, Schlereth said they were garbage (front seven, actually). Although, that was before the first preseason game. I haven't heard if he changed his opinion.

broncophan
08-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Enjoy the game tonight everyone!!!
Have to work 3rd shift here...:mad:.......so will have to dvr it.

GO BRONCOS!!!

spikerman
08-22-2009, 04:13 PM
I must have missed something in that SF game. I really didn't think that the Broncos' defense was appreciatively better than last year. I know it's only preseason and the sacks were great, but if initial impressions are to be believed the defense looks too much like last year. Too many long runs, too many long 3rd down conversions, too many guys running free in the secondary, and no turnovers.

I'm really curious to see if the defense can improve on those areas tonight. Seattle will be a better test for them.

Tned
08-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Stink's garbage comment aside, I think the front seven is the key to our season. Assuming, Orton or Simms can be servicable at QB, the key is going to be to get a middle of the pack defense, and that is going to require the front seven playing well.

Can Fields or Baker anchor the line at the nose?

Can Dumervil, Crowder, Reid or others being consistant playmakers at OLB? Can they produce not only when rushing the passer, but also when they drop into coverage?

How long will it take for Ayers to be an every down force at OLB?

Tned
08-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I must have missed something in that SF game. I really didn't think that the Broncos' defense was appreciatively better than last year. I know it's only preseason and the sacks were great, but if initial impressions are to be believed the defense looks too much like last year. Too many long runs, too many long 3rd down conversions, too many guys running free in the secondary, and no turnovers.

I'm really curious to see if the defense can improve on those areas tonight. Seattle will be a better test for them.

No, I don't think you missed anything. They were able to get more pressure than in the past (although we don't know if that was due to playing SF), but they were still giving up the big runs and throws. They gave up a couple long passes to Vernon Davis, and gave up some runs.

That's why I say one of the questions for tonights game is whether the defense can get pressure on the QB, while not giving up the big play?

TXBRONC
08-22-2009, 04:30 PM
With Moreno out, do you think Hillis is going to see many carries with the first team, or still be a first team FB and 2nd/3rd team RB?

What about Orton. Do you think the INTs were an anomoly?

Can the defense get pressure without giving up the big runs and passes like they did last week?

My guess is that he probably see more time as a running back.

As for your other two questions I don't know what to say other than we'll have to watch the game to find out.

Krugan
08-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Is the game going to be broadcast on the denver stations, like it did for years?

I was out of town last week and caught it on NFLN, but have since cancelled that subscription on my home TV.

Tned
08-22-2009, 05:02 PM
I believe it will be on CBS 4 in Denver.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-22-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm really surprised that they don't play Baker at the 5. Hopefully we'll see that tonight.

Northman
08-22-2009, 05:06 PM
I just hope Orton doesnt throw 3 picks. That would be a good start tonight.

Tned
08-22-2009, 06:39 PM
A little less than three hours to game time. Darrel Reid, Jack Williams and Carlton Powell are tweeting up a storm.

girler
08-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Ok, I'm ready for the game!

:couch2: :idea: :call: :bath: :brushteeth: :driver::date: :dancing: :kiss: :throwrock: :rant: :pout: :yawn: :creep: :couch2: :popcorn:

Can they schedule these games any later?

Requiem / The Dagda
08-22-2009, 06:57 PM
I have no idea what the Hell Jack Williams says when he's tweeting.

Tned
08-22-2009, 06:59 PM
I have no idea what the Hell Jack Williams says when he's tweeting.

lol, you and me both.

Here's another from Josiana. Posted it in the thread about her other tweets, but figured I would pop it in here as well:

@JosinaAnderson Lets just say, sources say, from what Ive gathered, Marshall is doing fine, not in an angry mood, cool with being in denver for now.

Nomad
08-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Is the game going to be broadcast on the denver stations, like it did for years?

I was out of town last week and caught it on NFLN, but have since cancelled that subscription on my home TV.

I hope justin.tv has the game on. We moved to a new house 2 weeks ago and I'm lost without my Directv. We have trees in the way for satellite so I won't have Sunday ticket for the first time since it came out.:( And the wife won't let me cut them down. So I am stuck with cable which gets hooked up next week. Oh well, I guess many people across this country have it rougher than I do. So hopefully streaming the game works out!

Anyway, GO BRONCOS!!

Tned
08-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Speaking of tweeters, this is from Darrel Reid:

@Footz95 @lagrangerover16 @d_walk @cawsnproblmz @g5jack @champbailey All My Broncos That Ride Wit Me. Mount Up... Its Time 2 Ride

Tned
08-22-2009, 07:06 PM
I hope justin.tv has the game on. We moved to a new house 2 weeks ago and I'm lost without my Directv. We have trees in the way for satellite so I won't have Sunday ticket for the first time since it came out.:( And the wife won't let me cut them down. So I am stuck with cable which gets hooked up next week. Oh well, I guess many people across this country have it rougher than I do. So hopefully streaming the game works out!

Anyway, GO BRONCOS!!

There is a new thread in Broncos Talk with someone talking about having a stream listing that will be up prior to game time. Not sure if it is stickied yet.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 07:11 PM

Anyway, GO BRONCOS!!

there has to be someplace on the property that does not have trees on it..

in the middle of the back yard on the mail box.. somewhere ..

My brothers house is covered with trees and he put a pole in the middle of the corral the some times loses reception when the bull or horses are using it for a scratching post.

he has learned to make sure they are out during games..

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 07:13 PM
There is a new thread in Broncos Talk with someone talking about having a stream listing that will be up prior to game time. Not sure if it is stickied yet.

http://watchthedenverbroncos.wordpress.com/

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 07:15 PM

Anyway, GO BRONCOS!!

Go to channelsurfing.net...hit the nfl network link

Nomad
08-22-2009, 07:17 PM
there has to be someplace on the property that does not have trees on it..

in the middle of the back yard on the mail box.. somewhere ..

My brothers house is covered with trees and he put a pole in the middle of the corral the some times loses reception when the bull or horses are using it for a scratching post.

he has learned to make sure they are out during games..

It's a battle right now JR, but i scheduled the DTV guy to come out next week as well to see if I do have a signal;) (haven't told the miss's yet):lol:.

Tned
08-22-2009, 07:29 PM
From Vic Lombardi:

@VicLombardi some guy from Seattle just asked me what I thought of Josh McShanahan

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 07:55 PM
From Vic Lombardi:

@VicLombardi some guy from Seattle just asked me what I thought of Josh McShanahan

:rofl:

Tned
08-22-2009, 08:13 PM
I can't connect to KOAradio's stream. Is anyone streaming a pre-game with interviews?

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I can't connect to KOAradio's stream. Is anyone streaming a pre-game with interviews?

thanks for reminding me.

Anyone who lives in Denver or gets Colorado stations, channel for has a really good 50th anniversary special on right now.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Reggie and Gary are talking, and Reggie just said there is a good chance the starters could play the entire game. As Reggie said - that is not too good for the rest of the guys who are still trying to make the team.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Reggie and Gary are talking, and Reggie just said there is a good chance the starters could play the entire game. As Reggie said - that is not too good for the rest of the guys who are still trying to make the team.

Thats hard to believe that that would happen, but who knows..*shrugs*

Ravage!!!
08-22-2009, 08:42 PM

wow.. in pre-season game two, thats pretty rare. Although, we only have one more game considering its rare that the starters get much playing time in pre-season game 4. So, thats something to watch... it would certainly say something as to how the staff feels our progression is going in practice.

(that, or he doesn't want to put Simms back on the field, thus eliminating any QB controversy!) :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 08:47 PM
The reason they said that McD said that the starters could play the whole game is because everything is so new to all of the players.

frauschieze
08-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Well guys, I'm off to go watch the game with my buds. Hopefully, we'll see a better performance this week. Check back in with y'all later!

Peace out.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:51 PM
The reason they said that McD said that the starters could play the whole game is because everything is so new to all of the players.

That makes more sense then speculating about them being upset with what they see in practice.

New tough system to learn....1 1/2 quarters just might not be enough.

Tned
08-22-2009, 08:53 PM
wow.. in pre-season game two, thats pretty rare. Although, we only have one more game considering its rare that the starters get much playing time in pre-season game 4. So, thats something to watch... it would certainly say something as to how the staff feels our progression is going in practice.

(that, or he doesn't want to put Simms back on the field, thus eliminating any QB controversy!) :lol:

McDaniels said the week prior to game 1, that the Broncos would treat the preseason games different than probably every other team in the league. New coaches, new schemes and a LOT of new players, and they need to use these games to get on the same page.

While I haven't agreed with everything he has done, I am convinced that he is convinced he can win this year, and he is going to do whatever he can to try and make that happen.

Ravage!!!
08-22-2009, 08:54 PM
well.. considering there are teams all over the NFL, every year, that have new systems .. thus everything being 'new' to them.. and yet we don't see them keeping their starters in for the entire game in pre-season #2, I don't think its much speculation to draw the concusiion that if it happens, it may be because the coaches don't like what they have seen in practice (and it may be the reason they don't like what they see, or where we are at, is because everything is new).

Its all related.

Tned
08-22-2009, 08:56 PM
well.. considering there are teams all over the NFL, every year, that have new systems .. thus everything being 'new' to them.. and yet we don't see them keeping their starters in for the entire game in pre-season #2, I don't think its much speculation to draw the concusiion that if it happens, it may be because the coaches don't like what they have seen in practice (and it may be the reason they don't like what they see, or where we are at, is because everything is new).

Its all related.

See my previous post, McDaniels already addressed prior to week 1.

Ravage!!!
08-22-2009, 09:00 PM
McDaniels said the week prior to game 1, that the Broncos would treat the preseason games different than probably every other team in the league. New coaches, new schemes and a LOT of new players, and they need to use these games to get on the same page.

While I haven't agreed with everything he has done, I am convinced that he is convinced he can win this year, and he is going to do whatever he can to try and make that happen.

He may very well. I still contend that his system isn't harder to learn than Haley's, or Shanahan's.. or even the Patriots of seasons past.. yet they all take care of their players in pre-season. To start them all in pre-season game #2 for the entire game may very well show that lack of experience. Belicheck has been around a LONG time, and he doesn't do this (and considered teh best coach in the NFL).

So I would have to believe it would have to do directly on how they feel things are going at practice.

(and I also believe that if we didn't have a single pre-season game, our team ((and EVERY NFL team)) would still perform the same way and cut the same players as they do WITH the pre-season games. I think the pre-season games are purely for the fans, and for the owners to get two games of stadium income without having to pay the players)

Tned
08-22-2009, 09:05 PM
He may very well. I still contend that his system isn't harder to learn than Haley's, or Shanahan's.. or even the Patriots of seasons past.. yet they all take care of their players in pre-season. To start them all in pre-season game #2 for the entire game may very well show that lack of experience. Belicheck has been around a LONG time, and he doesn't do this (and considered teh best coach in the NFL).

So I would have to believe it would have to do directly on how they feel things are going at practice.

(and I also believe that if we didn't have a single pre-season game, our team ((and EVERY NFL team)) would still perform the same way and cut the same players as they do WITH the pre-season games. I think the pre-season games are purely for the fans, and for the owners to get two games of stadium income without having to pay the players)

There are few teams that have had this amount of coaching turnover, along with this amount of player turnover. Half of our starters are new, including 8 or 9 on defense.

You might want to conclude it's based on how practice has gone, but he was pretty clear that this was the approach he was taking.

Whether it will turn out to be a smart approach will take hindsight before we can judge it.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 09:05 PM

So, what was it like when you tried to learn Haley, SHanny, or McDaniels system..???:laugh:

Tned
08-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Man, just starting the 4th quarter of the Redskin game, I hope it goes with few whistles, because we are probably going to miss the start of our game on NFLN.

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 09:06 PM

Either that or he wants the players to think they will play the entire game so they can prepare like it is a real game.

I would assume if the starters play pretty well they will be done at halftime.

Ravage!!!
08-22-2009, 09:09 PM
So, what was it like when you tried to learn Haley, SHanny, or McDaniels system..???:laugh:

I'll tell you if you tell me how hard it was for you to learn McDaniel's 'newtough system'

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I really do think that McDaniels has his own coaching style, and will do what he feels he needs to do, rather than follow protocol - "Coaching 101".

Tned
08-22-2009, 09:14 PM
I really do think that McDaniels has his own coaching style, and will do what he feels he needs to do, rather than follow protocol - "Coaching 101".

Yep, I agree.

Nomad
08-22-2009, 09:15 PM

Hey DN, 'off topic' what's the first game your son is going to ref??

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
I'll tell you if you tell me how hard it was for you to learn McDaniel's 'newtough system'

Its been reported over and over how tough it is to learn and detailed it is. Never once though have I heard anyone say it was as tough as the coaches that you contend it is just as tough as.

Tned
08-22-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm going to scream. This Pitt/Skins game is crawling, so we are going to miss the begining of the Denver game on NFLN. :mad:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Hey DN, 'off topic' what's the first game your son is going to ref??

Thanks for asking :salute:

9-5 BYU at Oklahoma – national game ESPN 5:00 MST

Tned
08-22-2009, 09:28 PM
The game isn't on NFLN, but it might be on here: http://www.justin.tv/sky_high

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 09:31 PM
This is retarded if they continue showing the 3rd stringers instead of the beginning of the next game

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 09:34 PM
They are seriously going to show the rest of this ******* game you have got to be kidding me

EMB6903
08-22-2009, 09:34 PM
the game is on NFL Network live.

spikerman
08-22-2009, 09:38 PM
They are seriously going to show the rest of this ******* game you have got to be kidding me

I know.. this is killing me!

Tned
08-22-2009, 09:38 PM
the game is on NFL Network live.

Website of the TV channel? The tv channel is showing the end of the Pitt/Skins game.

Banedon
08-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Website of the TV channel? The tv channel is showing the end of the Pitt/Skins game.

They've been doing this with all of the games. Won't cut to the next game till the first one finishes.

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Goodman just got torched 7-0

Denver Native (Carol)
Have you guys tried any of the links here:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=718325&postcount=1

Tned
Seatle just had a long TD throw over number 21. Goodman?

honz
08-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Goodman sucks. Bring back Bly.

claymore
08-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Seatle just had a long TD throw over number 21. Goodman?

Lets see if we can answer back with an interception by Orton. :baghead:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 09:43 PM
The way the defense looked on the first drive of the game, they may need to play the whole game :tsk:

Tned
08-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Ok, they will be switching soon.

honz
Orton 4 HOF

LRtagger
OK do we really have to watch washington kneel on the ******* ball three times???????????

honz
08-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Is that Kyle Orton or Michael Vick?

Tned
08-22-2009, 09:46 PM
3rd and in shotgun, quick screen to royal and he explodes for a first down and then plenty more. 20-30 yards.

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Royal is a ******* BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Marshall who?

honz
OMG Orton sucks.

honz
Royal is a ******* BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Marshall who?

Brandon. It's Brandon Marshall.

Tned
Well, Orton showed his arm on that play action, but he threw it 10 yards past the receiver.

What I heard in camp reports, they said low lazer over throws, or high floaters.

Screen to buckhalter, a couple short of first.

honz
08-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Lofa looked like Nate Webster there.

Banedon
These screen plays should help boost Orton's passing numbers. :cool:

LRtagger
good job by Bucky

honz
Tremendous playcalling. Orton executing well. Nothing flashy, but effective.

Denver Native (Carol)
OMG Orton sucks.

:confused: :confused: :confused: Not sure what he's done wrong so far

Banedon
08-22-2009, 09:49 PM

Pretty sure he was talking about the overthrow.

Tned
Buckhalter with a dancing first down.

LRtagger
This offense sucks guy

honz
08-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Just being sarcastic. I'm actually an Orton supporter.

honz
08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
OMG that was dangerous. Turrible pass.

LRtagger
oh shit i thought that was picked hahahaa

honz
Orton!!!

sneakers
08-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute::salute:TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS :salute::salute:

LRtagger
yeaaa boyeeeeee

sneakers
It stinks listening to a stream that has Seabag homer commentators!!!!

Banedon
I miss the neckbeard.

Timmy!
08-22-2009, 09:53 PM
That was a pretty good looking drive.

Wait...this is the Broncos Talk forum.

*insert anti McDaniels/Orton comment here*

claymore
Lucky he didnt get an INT. Hopefully Orton got a little confidence there.

Nomad
Sure hands Stokley! Where's moreno??

Defense looked like they left off from last year:tsk:

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Well, Orton showed his arm on that play action, but he threw it 10 yards past the receiver.

What I heard in camp reports, they said low lazer over throws, or high floaters.

Screen to buckhalter, a couple short of first.

I thought he was throwing it away. Gaff was covered well and Orton was about to get sacked so he threw it away.

BroncoAV06
08-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Nice strike to the corner by Orton, threw it as Stoke was getting out of the break, good timing.

sneakers
08-22-2009, 09:55 PM
I miss the neckbeard.

That thing was so ugly!

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 09:55 PM
So if Orton and the offense play well are all the threads next week going to be doom and gloom on the defense? :lol:

BroncoAV06
08-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Sure hands Stokley! Where's moreno??

Defense looked like they left off from last year:tsk:

Moreno out with MCL sprain.

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Orton 6 for 8 for 63 yards on that drive.

broken12
08-22-2009, 09:57 PM
good drive lucky he has best o line in nfl wich will help..lucky wasnt a pick six good thing sheffler gought back fo the balll

sneakers
08-22-2009, 09:58 PM
That was a pretty good looking drive.

Wait...this is the Broncos Talk forum.

*insert anti McDaniels/Orton comment here*

Just wait, Chris Simms will probably throw for 4 touchdowns.

:lol:

Timmy!
Nice.

Tned
So if Orton and the offense play well are all the threads next week going to be doom and gloom on the defense? :lol:

What do you think? :lol:

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 09:59 PM
good pressure by the line

honz
Good job secondary.

LRtagger
sack baby

BroncoAV06
I loves sacks, even in pre-season.

sneakers
Moreno out with MCL sprain.

I sprained my MCL in high school, but I couldn't tell you how it felt because I tore my ACL at the same time.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Pretty sure he was talking about the overthrow.

Hey, atleast he over threw him.

Tned
08-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Ortin in Shotgun, and a first down to Jordan.

LRtagger
good drive lucky he has best o line in nfl wich will help..lucky wasnt a pick six good thing sheffler gought back fo the balll

Oh god I can already hear it...

"Orton only played good because he has a good offensive line and lots of weapons to throw to"

Tned
Hillis breaks free for a long run, but looks like holding.

honz
08-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Clady sucks...past his prime.

LRtagger
Hillis is a beast even with the holding call

Tned
Shotgun with two backs and a draw to buckhalter for a couple, but it's gonna be 2nd and 20 or so.

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 10:04 PM
well that killed the drive

Tned
Nice run by Graham on the screen. Picked up 15 or so.

honz
LOL. Sweet playcall. ALready liking McDaniels' play calling prowess.

sneakers
Daniel Grahm looks like he is 11'5", 650 Ilbs.

Tned
08-22-2009, 10:05 PM
They like their screens. Punt time.

honz
Just as I say that...a call that I was not fond of.

Tned
Oops, FG I should say. 53 yarder is good.

honz
Prater > Elam

sneakers
Wow!!

Watchthemiddle
nice kick

Tned
They can't keep going back to the well on those screen passes.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Nice FG :salute:

Timmy!
53 yarder. Still got points after a 15 yard penalty.

Tned
Prater > Elam

Yes, now when Elam is like 40, but not in his prime.

Overtime
not too shabby. orton looking much improved so far.

helluva an arc on that field goal...nice job.

BroncoAV06
Oh dish network here at work just blacked out the game. Well that sucks, what the heck else am I supposed to do at work?

sneakers
Prater > Elam

I would say that Prater is a better kicker, but Elam would be much more consistant.

LRtagger

You haven't watched too many NE games have you? :D

drewloc
08-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Prater's kick looked good, hopefully he can keep some consistancy throughout the year. I agree with you Tned, they need to watch going to that screen to often.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 10:07 PM

Setting up for something down the road

Timmy!
08-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Short of the 20.

Again.

Sure is nice to see our kickoff coverage teams not totally suck.

Tned
Nice tackle by Woodyard on the kickoff.

LRtagger
Woodyard laying the wood just like last year

guitarj
Kickoff coverage is looking great

Overtime
08-22-2009, 10:09 PM
nice open field tackle after the pass from hasselbeck.

drewloc
Special teams is showing good improvement so far this year. Definitely happy with that.

claymore
Setting up for something down the road

Like some QB confidence?

sneakers
Do we still have those linebackers that celebrate after a 5 yard tackle?

LRtagger
lets go another 3 and out

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 10:10 PM
the hoodie is out in full force tonight

Tned
08-22-2009, 10:10 PM
How come Josh isn't going with his own style, rather than the Belicheck hoodie?

Overtime
08-22-2009, 10:11 PM
false start by the Chickenhawks.

LRtagger
i love all the presnap disguises on D...just caused a false start

claymore
Ayers was lost but recovered nicely.

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 10:12 PM
ok the third round rookie is killing us WTF

BroncoAV06
08-22-2009, 10:12 PM

There is no such thing as an individual. Its not team like.

Overtime
08-22-2009, 10:13 PM
roflmao at the Brett Favre Sears commercial. that's hilarious.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 10:13 PM

He is a Beli clone. If it brings us multiple super bowls in consecutive years then he can wear them all he wants.

sneakers
08-22-2009, 10:14 PM
That Brett Favre Sears commercial is funny.

BTW, people are going absolutely crazy here in Wisconsin.

Overtime
damn almost picked.

LRtagger
you gotta pick that son

Overtime
08-22-2009, 10:15 PM
why is #57 covering a damn wideout???? where is the corner at?

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 10:15 PM
well 3rd and 2 and we are still 8 yards off the LOS with the corners

Overtime
08-22-2009, 10:16 PM
i dunno why he let that punt bounce, stupid decision. now we gotta go 95 yards.

sneakers
08-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I do not want to go into work tonight!

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
sweet another long drive to pad ortons stats

claymore
Bad field position but I want to see Orton drive the length of the field.

Watchthemiddle
i dunno why he let that punt bounce, stupid decision. now we gotta go 95 yards.

Rookie mistake

Tned
well 3rd and 2 and we are still 8 yards off the LOS with the corners

Guess Slowik had a better scheme than we thought!!! :lol:

Nomad
08-22-2009, 10:18 PM

It'll be a test!!

LRtagger
Guess Slowik had a better scheme than we thought!!! :lol:

yea you could see hasselback see it and audible, but luckily there was miscommunication between him and the wr...would have been an easy first down

honz
Not sure if Smith is a natural returner...

Tned

Yea, muddy field, Schottenheimer on the sideline, 96 yard drive....

Errr, wrong game, wrong decade.

Overtime
hillis going nowhere.

honz
Hillis whiffs on the stiff arm! :lol:

claymore
08-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Yea, muddy field, Schottenheimer on the sideline, 96 yard drive....

Errr, wrong game, wrong decade.

Wrong Century! :laugh:

Tned
Play didn't go anywhere, but he has surprisingly good speed for a 250 pound back.

Overtime
high pass, but snagged by Gaffney for 7 yard pu. 3rd and 3.

claymore
Nice,

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 10:20 PM
damn

Tned
Bad pass by Orton, and now a punt.

Overtime
we has Chad Johnson??? wtf?

or did he mean Chad Jackson?

pass low and behind the receiver, time to punt.

Tned
It hit the scoreboard....

Errr, wrong game, that was last night. :lol:

honz
Not sure if that was Orton or Jackson's fault. Jackson looked like he sorta half assed that comeback route.

sneakers
08-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Car commercials throughout history have been the least funny.

Overtime
08-22-2009, 10:22 PM
if i see that damn Golden Corral commercial again, I'm gonna scream.

Banedon
Car commercials throughout history have been the least funny.

Olive Garden.

Tempus Fugit
if i see that damn Golden Corral commercial again, I'm gonna scream.

No problem

Nomad
08-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Orton didn't take us anywhere! Pardon my ignorance and lack of memory, did we play the Seahawks last year and lose??

claymore
08-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Yessssssss!

Overtime
sack!!!!!!!!

LRtagger
yeaaaa sackkkkkk

sneakers
Defensive line pressure.....I will have to get used to this

Broncogator
Hasselback on his back..good times!

Timmy!
08-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Oh look. We don't totally suck. We might actually win a couple games this year.

1/2 the board just peed themselves.

claymore
Has to be rewarding to a CB to look back and see a coverage sack!

sneakers
Olive Garden.

Olive garden commericals are really really cheezy.

sneakers
Gotta go to work.....

honz
RT @Bill_Devaroe LaKevin Smith is locking grate in his Bronco debuut. Sources say he may be destind for grateness in teh Orange and Blue!!!

Tempus Fugit

This comment is made more interesting when one glances at your avatar.

Overtime
08-22-2009, 10:26 PM

pretty comparable to a Seattle Streetwalker.

:beer:

Tned
Orton had a 131.8 rating in the first quarter.

claymore
Oh look. We don't totally suck. We might actually win a couple games this year.

1/2 the board just peed themselves.

Pre Season doesnt count. :nervous:

drewloc
At least our defense is showing some fire. We aren't used to sacks, good job D!

claymore
08-22-2009, 10:27 PM
6 sacks in 6 qts of foot ball. Not bad.

LRtagger
ok if we dont score lets at least turn the field ove rplease

Overtime
was that Cutler wearing Orton's jersey? god damn that was a bullet.

LRtagger
look at that noodle arm

honz
08-22-2009, 10:28 PM
OMG...Orton has a noodle arm.

Overtime
damn, and another rocket. where did this arm come from?

LRtagger
the noodle is on fire

Broncogator
Kyle looks good..I'm scared..hold me Clay

claymore
08-22-2009, 10:29 PM
the noodle is on fire

We need to start calling him Norton.

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 10:29 PM
good TO call who called it?

claymore
08-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Kyle looks good..I'm scared..hold me Clay

Im going to continue to bash him. It seems to work. **** you Norton!!

Tned
Would it be Karmic irony if Simms led us to a SB win?

LRtagger
this offense owns

Overtime
nice screen for a first down!!!

offense actually lookin' healthy.

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 10:31 PM
1st down
1st down
1st down
1st down
1st down
1st down
1st down
1st down
TD

claymore

I dont know why, but that statement makes me want to vomit.

Overtime

explain yourself, because I'm not following your thought process here.

drewloc
Offense is moving the ball, so far so good.

Broncogator
08-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Kyle..take a lap.

Tned
If they thought it was a bad spot, why not challenge rather than call TO?

Timmy!
nice screen for a first down!!!

offense actually lookin' healthy.

Without Moreno or Marshall.