PDA

View Full Version : How good are the Titans?

sneakers
11-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Am I wrong in saying that we should win this game? I know they have lost a lot on offense from last season, and that Vince Young has a passer rating in the 60's...should we have reason to fear these guys?

Mike
11-13-2007, 09:02 AM
I think Denver should be worried. The Titans can run the ball and have a good defense. I can't help but remember what David Gerrard did to Denver this year. I think Vince Young is better (not passing, but as a mobile QB) and will give the defense fits.

Nomad
11-13-2007, 09:22 AM
They played the Colts tough! Denver shouldn't overlook Young's passing ability. I know he is not a great passer, but he could surprise the BRONCOS. He can run, has decent RBs and defense isn't that bad. Denver will have their hands full and it won't be a blowout game.

eessydo
11-13-2007, 10:22 AM
They played the Colts tough! Denver shouldn't overlook Young's passing ability. I know he is not a great passer, but he could surprise the BRONCOS. He can run, has decent RBs and defense isn't that bad. Denver will have their hands full and it won't be a blowout game.

YOU'RE RIGHT!! We should not overlook Young's passing ability at ALL! Young is a HORRIBLE passer so we need to stack the line against the run and FORCE him to pass, playing contain or assigning a spy to make sure he doesn't move out of the pocket when dropping back to pass.

8 in the box all day long!

SR
11-13-2007, 10:49 AM
YOU'RE RIGHT!! We should not overlook Young's passing ability at ALL! Young is a HORRIBLE passer so we need to stack the line against the run and FORCE him to pass, playing contain or assigning a spy to make sure he doesn't move out of the pocket when dropping back to pass.

8 in the box all day long!

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was watching them get worked by the Jags on Sunday. I watched that whole game. VY can pass pretty well...at least when the grass and the other team's DBs are the recievers.

It's no secret that I can't stand VY or his style of play. I hope we stack the box with 8 players all day and let our DBs pursue the pass.

The thing about TN is that prior to last weekend they had the league's BEST rushing D. They got throttled on the ground by JAX last weekend, but I wouldn't expect Denver to have as much success against them in that regard.

IMO, if Denver plays like they did against KC, they can win this game.

My predictions? Denver 23, Tennessee 17.

We shall see.

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 02:50 PM
lets see the number two defense in total yards..

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2007&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Find

Number seven against the pass 192.7 per game DEN def @ 197.3

Number 4 against the rush 77.1 per game DEN DEF @ 151.0

Number 7 in total scoring 16.9 per game DEN DEF @ 26.4

Offensively

TEN @ 297.9 yards per game DEN @ 345.8

Rushing #4 @ 139.8 DEN #13 @ 117.8

Passing # 29 @ 158.1 Per game DEN #13 @ 228

Total Points

TEN #17 @ 19.8 DEN #25 @ 17

BTW wasn't Jake fired because of low scoring at about a little over 17 per game?

Do we have to worry about TEN? Do big black bears sleep in the woods?

Anyone that thinks this will be a cake walk need to think again. While Young is not my idea of a QB he has won a hell of a lot more games than Jay has.. He wins games

SR
11-13-2007, 02:57 PM
VY doesn't win games, the TN defense wins games.*

*Yes, VY has won games on his own, but not as many has TN's D has won him.

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 02:59 PM
VY doesn't win games, the TN defense wins games.*

*Yes, VY has won games on his own, but not as many has TN's D has won him.

He is at the helm when they win and he has indeed brought them back last year several times. Like I said I don't like him all that much but he is a winner.

Day1BroncoFan
11-13-2007, 03:11 PM
We as good or better than the titans. When we don't turn over the ball we win games.

All of the games this year we lost, we also lost the TO battle.

We need to do 2 things:

win the TO battle
score when we get into the red zone.

If we do those two things we win, plain and simple.

Our D has stepped up and the ST has started to play better. I hope this continues into the future games this year.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Their defensive line is going to rape our offensive line if Haynesworth plays. Denver is going down.

TXBRONC
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM

We should never any team for granted. While I agree Denver should not overlook Young's passing ability, he still not that good. The best way to defend is to keep him in the pocket.

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Their defensive line is going to rape our offensive line if Haynesworth plays. Denver is going down.

On this I agree with you.. This is a potential blowout and hopefully Jay does not get hurt..

Is he not a FA this year now is the time to have our scouts get game film on him...

omac
11-13-2007, 05:00 PM
The Titans have consistently been a better team than Denver, and most other teams, for most of the season. They have maybe the best defense and maybe the best rushing offense. Their only weakness is their passing offense, and only when Vince Young plays; when Kerry Collins plays, they're actually much more competent. Not many teams can do what the Titans did to the Jaguars.

BTW wasn't Jake fired because of low scoring at about a little over 17 per game?

Sigh, why is this comment even here? ... but anyway ... he was never fired. He was benched because the passing game was attrocious under him. He threw for an 11 game average of 181 yards per game (not adding his last game), which was the bottom 3rd of the league. His TDs and INTs were mirrored by rookies Young and Leinart, except the rookies did slightly better. Cutler in 5 games averaged 200 yards and made 9 TDs, almost as much as Plummer had in 11 games, with about half the INTs. So Plummer played bad, was benched, made it known he believed he could be a starter elsewhere, was traded, then he resigned. Currently, Denver, despite the injuries to key starters, including the line and the #1 and former #2 receivers, Denver's currently ranked 13th in passing offense. So no, the points per game was not the only reason he was benched, though it did improve when was benched. No other way to spin it, and the comment really had no place in this thread. The passing game has been much better, and the few times Jay's been called to throw passes in the endzone, he's been pretty good at it.

Nomad
11-13-2007, 05:16 PM
We should never any team for granted. While I agree Denver should not overlook Young's passing ability, he still not that good. The best way to defend is to keep him in the pocket.

Never said he was good but again I know it's apples to oranges and both QBs are like night and day but Vick was supposed to be a runner and not a gunner but on Halloween of 04 he proved he could be a gunner having one of his best days as a passer. Again I know Vince isn't as good as Vick but I hope the BRONCOS learned their lesson in that game and come prepared for anything and that just because he's a runner and is mediocre at passing doens't mean Monday will not be one of those freak games with Vince getting 300 yds passing.

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 05:18 PM
The Titans have consistently been a better team than Denver, and most other teams, for most of the season. They have maybe the best defense and maybe the best rushing offense. Their only weakness is their passing offense, and only when Vince Young plays; when Kerry Collins plays, they're actually much more competent. Not many teams can do what the Titans did to the Jaguars.

Sigh, why is this comment even here? ... but anyway ... he was never fired. He was benched because the passing game was attrocious under him. He threw for an 11 game average of 181 yards per game (not adding his last game), which was the bottom 3rd of the league. His TDs and INTs were mirrored by rookies Young and Leinart, except the rookies did slightly better. Cutler in 5 games averaged 200 yards and made 9 TDs, almost as much as Plummer had in 11 games, with about half the INTs. So Plummer played bad, was benched, made it known he believed he could be a starter elsewhere, was traded, then he resigned. Currently, Denver, despite the injuries to key starters, including the line and the #1 and former #2 receivers, Denver's currently ranked 13th in passing offense. So no, the points per game was not the only reason he was benched, though it did improve when was benched. No other way to spin it, and the comment really had no place in this thread. The passing game has been much better, and the few times Jay's been called to throw passes in the endzone, he's been pretty good at it.

Yeah your correct he was not fired just relieved from his job because the offense could not score more than 17 and change a game. Not fired, OK if you say so..

That passing game other than having an Javon walker being the only viable option did indeed suck. Javon Walker the guy that was recovering from knee surgery and by most accounts was not completely healed and Rod Smith that was so screwed up up an bad hip he was totally ineffective.

Lets also see he did not have a graham, Scheffler, Marshall or last but not least Thenry back in the back field like Jay has had this year.

Now Jay is making the best of what he has but I really have to wonder why this offense stinks. The two common denominators that I can see are humdinger and mickey. Almost nothing else is common to both failures..

TXBRONC
11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah your correct he was not fired just relieved from his job because the offense could not score more than 17 and change a game. Not fired, OK if you say so..

That passing game other than having an Javon walker being the only viable option did indeed suck. Javon Walker the guy that was recovering from knee surgery and by most accounts was not completely healed and Rod Smith that was so screwed up up an bad hip he was totally ineffective.

Lets also see he did not have a graham, Scheffler, Marshall or last but not least Thenry back in the back field like Jay has had this year.

Now Jay is making the best of what he has but I really have to wonder why this offense stinks. The two common denominators that I can see are humdinger and mickey. Almost nothing else is common to both failures..

No Jake was benched because he was inept at moving the ball down the field and because he kept throwing interceptions. 13 in 11 games will on pace to throw 20 or more for the sixth time in a 10 year career. He also didn't like to study, and unfortunately because of his limitations the offense had to be scaled back dramatically.

You want to use as an explanation that Javon was still recovering from a knee injury again that is a mistake. By the time the season started last year it had already been a full year since his injury also he never showed any signs that it was problematic at any time during the season. By the way Javon played all 16 games last year. How has he played this year? Answer: 3. That means he been missing for six weeks.

You also want to excuse Plummer by saying Rod was hurt last year? Rod was healthy enough to play in all 16 games last year so apparently he wasn't viewed as totally ineffective. If memory serves me correctly Rod hasn't played one down this year.

Jake didn't have Scheffler or Marshall? We drafted them last year therefore this now there second season with the team.

No again Jr the common demoninator is injuries. You turn blind eye the ineptness of Plummer last season and place on the blame of the coach. You are as I have said in the past very biased.

Lorcust
11-13-2007, 09:09 PM

Be more afraid of Kyle Vandenbosch vs. Gimping Matt Lepsis.

TXBRONC
11-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Be more afraid of Kyle Vandenbosch vs. Gimping Matt Lepsis.

That's very possible. However, in last week's game he held up ok against Jared Allen.

BANJOPICKER1
11-13-2007, 10:20 PM

Injurys?? New coaching?Or perhaps the other teams D's have figured us out?Schedule? mis-spelling on my part??
Could be almost anything!!:D