PDA

View Full Version : Denver expected to get formal invite to bid for Super Bowl

Denver Native (Carol)
01-31-2013, 11:16 AM
In a city where there's land below sea level, the air is thick and stomachs are filled with gumbo and catfish, it's not easy finding minds open to a Super Bowl played at a mile high, where the air is thin and the temperature chills moisture into snow.

A Super Bowl played outdoors in Denver during the first week of February?

"I think it's retarded," Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said this week. "I probably shouldn't say that. I think it's stupid. If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22485896/sports

Dapper Dan
01-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Flacco? More like Faggo.

Faulk had some good points.

If Denver hosts a Super Bowl, what money goes where? I know "tourism" alone would bring the city money. How much of what does the organization get?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Flacco? More like Faggo.

Faulk had some good points.

If Denver hosts a Super Bowl, what money goes where? I know "tourism" alone would bring the city money. How much of what does the organization get?

I am not sure if the organization gets anything - maybe if they are one of the teams playing, they get something. I don't know. Last night on ESPN, it was stated that the city of New Orleans would make a figure in the billions (can't remember exactly what the figure was), for this year's SB.

Dapper Dan
01-31-2013, 11:34 AM
I am not sure if the organization gets anything - maybe if they are one of the teams playing, they get something. I don't know. Last night on ESPN, it was stated that the city of New Orleans would make a figure in the billions (can't remember exactly what the figure was), for this year's SB.

Who owns the stadium exactly?

NightTrainLayne
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
New York is a mecca.

But the Meadowlands? Phaugh! as Dread would say.

chazoe60
01-31-2013, 12:31 PM
Every year a cold weather city or two will put in their bid and the SB will continue to go to warm weather cities, fields with domes, and occasionally NYC.