PDA

View Full Version : Ravens WR Jacoby Jones said he "knew" he would shock Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
from article:

"I knew it right away," Jones said Tuesday in the swirl of Super Bowl media day. "The minute I lined up, just looking at the way they were, I knew it was going to be there."

Carter, lined up 6 yards off Jones at the snap, was supposed to "jam" Jones before the receiver got through the 5-yard contact zone in order to keep Jones from sprinting up the sideline. If no receiver was in the flat — in the shorter area near the sideline — Carter was supposed to follow Jones up the sideline after the jam. He did neither.
full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22477435/ravens-jacoby-jones-shock-broncos-nfl-playoffs

chazoe60
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Yeah, well I KNEW the refs would screw us when Ray Lewis decided to turn the playoffs into his retirement party.

Oh and screw you Rahim Moore.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2013, 02:26 PM
It wasn’t all on Rahim Moore, the 70-yard touchdown pass from Joe Flacco to Jacoby Jones against the Broncos that helped propel the Ravens to the Super Bowl. Jones this week said he “knew” he was going to shock the Broncos.

A lot more happened on the play than the TV highlight.

Let’s break it down…

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/01/30/rahim-moore-flacco-70yard-td-knocked-broncos/18332/

Northman
01-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Doesnt matter, Moore and whoever else blew the coverage. No way you let a receiver get behind you like that.

cmc0605
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Easy to say something in retrospect, but the fact is it was a routine deep ball in stride that anyone can make in practice. It was a defensive breakdown, simple as that.

Dapper Dan
01-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Yeah. Check Vegas. I bet Jones still put money on Denver.

topscribe
01-30-2013, 05:09 PM
At least Moore wasn't the only goat on the play . . .

Dapper Dan
01-30-2013, 05:27 PM
I think it was really just payback for all the times we beat the old Browns in the playoffs.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2013, 05:29 PM
At least Moore wasn't the only goat on the play . . .

Exactly - that is what the article and blog I posted showed, but for some reason, 99% of the fingers are pointed at Moore only.

slim
01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
100% Moore's fault.

Nomad
01-30-2013, 05:51 PM
:lol: this will haunt/consume you forever, slim.

slim
01-30-2013, 06:40 PM

Yes, I am prepared for that.

TXBRONC
01-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Exactly - that is what the article and blog I posted showed, but for some reason, 99% of the fingers are pointed at Moore only.

He's going to catch the majority of the blame he was suppose be the last line of defense to prevent the very thing that happened. He did blow it? Yes he did in a big way. But should he be kicked to the curb because that one mistake? No not at all. Throwing Moore under the bus as if he solely responsible for Denver's loss is nut imho.

TXBRONC
01-30-2013, 09:29 PM

Slim is a big man so yeah it will take forever to consume him.

Superchop 7
01-30-2013, 09:38 PM
But tell me: How does that happen? I mean, all Denver had to do was not let anyone get behind its secondary ... which, of course, is just what happened, and blame Moore. He's the deep safety who blew the angle on Jones and blew the coverage.

"It was my fault," he later said. "If they wouldn't have scored on us on the last play [of the fourth quarter] we'd be in here rejoicing. So if people don't like me after that, I'm sorry. That is my fault, and I am going to take full responsibility for it."

Well, he should. He committed a fatal mistake, and the Broncos are out of the playoffs because of it.

"He just misjudged the ball," Baltimore safety Ed Reed said.

Source: Clark Judge, Senior nfl analyst.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2013, 09:46 PM
He's going to catch the majority of the blame he was suppose be the last line of defense to prevent the very thing that happened. He did blow it? Yes he did in a big way. But should he be kicked to the curb because that one mistake? No not at all. Throwing Moore under the bus as if he solely responsible for Denver's loss is nut imho.

According to the article and blog I posted, many things were wrong - Moore just happened to be the last player involved.

NightTrainLayne
01-30-2013, 09:49 PM
According to the article and blog I posted, many things were wrong - Moore just happened to be the last player involved.

Sure, but Moore's responsibility was to be the fail-safe. His job is to be there when other things break down. He undoubtedly deserves the lion's share of the blame.

I'm not calling to release him. I think he'll be a fine safety for us. I just hope he learns his lesson and this is the one time it happens.

TXBRONC
01-30-2013, 09:54 PM

I know I read your previous post. As you said and as I said he was the last line defense that's why he will bare the brunt of the criticism. Also like I said earlier I still wont throw him under the bus. That one mistake didn't cost Denver the game an entire team not playing up to their ability cost Denver the game.

TXBRONC
01-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Sure, but Moore's responsibility was to be the fail-safe. His job is to be there when other things break down. He undoubtedly deserves the lion's share of the blame.

I'm not calling to release him. I think he'll be a fine safety for us. I just hope he learns his lesson and this is the one time it happens.

This exactly what I've been saying.

Poet
01-30-2013, 09:56 PM
The position of safety is aptly named. Yes, a lot of other things broke down, but the reason why Moore gets so much blame is that no matter what, he had one single job. It's one thing to never let a WR get behind you and have him beat you on athleticism. If a WR just outjumps you and makes a stud play, so be it, the offense does have an advantage.

He just literally messed up and did the one thing that he could not do. I can't blame fans for hating him, what he did was borderline unforgivable.

chazoe60
01-30-2013, 10:00 PM
The position of safety is aptly named. Yes, a lot of other things broke down, but the reason why Moore gets so much blame is that no matter what, he had one single job. It's one thing to never let a WR get behind you and have him beat you on athleticism. If a WR just outjumps you and makes a stud play, so be it, the offense does have an advantage.

He just literally messed up and did the one thing that he could not do. I can't blame fans for hating him, what he did was borderline unforgivable.

What do you mean "borderline"? I never want to see him in a Broncos uni again. See ya' Dream, don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha.

Poet
01-30-2013, 10:01 PM
What do you mean "borderline"? I never want to see him in a Broncos uni again. See ya' Dream, don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha.

He is a solid safety. I would take him on the Bengals because I doubt he ever, EVER makes that mistake again. He's a really, really smart guy, he's going to learn from that mistake. You guys also aren't swimming in safeties.

chazoe60
01-30-2013, 10:04 PM
He is a solid safety. I would take him on the Bengals because I doubt he ever, EVER makes that mistake again. He's a really, really smart guy, he's going to learn from that mistake. You guys also aren't swimming in safeties.
Take him. I don't want to ever see him, hear him, or think about him again. **** Rahim Moore and the unicorn his faggoty ass rode in on.

Superchop 7
01-30-2013, 10:11 PM
OK, so lets get into the Carter thing,

A CB lined up 5.5 yards deep that is supposed to jam a WR at 4.5 yards is a simple cover 2 technique that is designed to prevent the underneath stuff, screw with QB timing, prevent a guy from going into the flat.

If you know that everyone is going to be running a 9 route it's not a good defensive strategy, 7 guys in a deep zone assures that the only option for the QB is to go underneath, which, in this situation you are happy to give.

Army Bronco
01-30-2013, 10:28 PM
**** Rahim Moore and the unicorn his faggoty ass rode in on. LMAO,,, i agree with you so much with this comment!

Dzone
01-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Moore should not have left his feet, and kept running toward Jones and the ball would have hit him in the head...we would all be planning Bronco super bowl parties

Poet
01-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Take him. I don't want to ever see him, hear him, or think about him again. **** Rahim Moore and the unicorn his faggoty ass rode in on.

I want to troll you so bad right now. I respect your pain.

Dapper Dan
01-31-2013, 09:12 AM
I still think the whole team played like shit.

Northman
01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Team did play like shit aside from Holliday. But despite how bad they played it did come down to the last 30 seconds in which we had the lead and the safety simply didnt do his job correctly. Plenty of blame to go around for sure but Moore deserves every bit of criticism thrown at him. He makes that play and we at least move on to play the Pats. We had the lead, the game was ours and all you had to do was not let anyone get behind you. Give them the underneath shit all day but dont let them do what they ended up doing. Simple basics really.

Dapper Dan
01-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Don't fumble. Don't throw an int. That's pretty basic as well. If the pocket collapses, secure the ball.

It shouldn't have been a close game at the end. I still believe we're a better team than Baltimore. They shouldn't have been in that game. The whole team deserves the blame. We shouldn't have been in that situation in the fourth quarter.

Northman
01-31-2013, 10:32 AM
Don't fumble. Don't throw an int. That's pretty basic as well. If the pocket collapses, secure the ball.

It shouldn't have been a close game at the end. I still believe we're a better team than Baltimore. They shouldn't have been in that game. The whole team deserves the blame. We shouldn't have been in that situation in the fourth quarter.

Which is why i said plenty of blame to go around.

Dapper Dan
01-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Which is why i said plenty of blame to go around.

Which means we agreed on that subject.

Northman
01-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Which means we agreed on that subject.

Exactly, until the last 30 seconds of course when the game was on the line.

Dapper Dan
01-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Exactly, until the last 30 seconds of course when the game was on the line.

There was plenty of time after those 30 seconds. In overtime. When Peyton Manning threw an INT. I'm sorry if I have higher standards for Peyton Manning than I do Rahim Moore. But I feel like when players have been in the league longer, we should expect less mistakes, not an INT to lose the game.

slim
01-31-2013, 11:13 AM

We shouldn't have had the lead with 30 seconds to play? Yeah, that was a shitty position to be in :rolleyes:

slim
01-31-2013, 11:14 AM
there was plenty of time after those 30 seconds. .

lol.

Northman
01-31-2013, 11:16 AM
There was plenty of time after those 30 seconds. In overtime. When Peyton Manning threw an INT. I'm sorry if I have higher standards for Peyton Manning than I do Rahim Moore. But I feel like when players have been in the league longer, we should expect less mistakes, not an INT to lose the game.

While i agree that in OT Manning should of stepped up. Wont get any argument out of me there. However, im talking about leading the game at the end of regulation. It wasnt tied, we actually had the lead despite playing pretty poorly both offensively and defensively for most of the game. Should we have been in that position? No. But the reality is despite how bad we played we still had the lead and SHOULD have won it at the end.

Dapper Dan
01-31-2013, 11:17 AM
We shouldn't have had the lead with 30 seconds to play? Yeah, that was a shitty position to be in :rolleyes:

We were up by about 30 points going into the fourth quarter when we played at Baltimore. This shouldn't have been a close game. Our run defense was shitty. Our corners didn't cover well. Our safeties stayed out of position. We lost the turnover margin. The sole reason we didn't completely get our ass kicked was because of Trindon Holliday. He's the only person on the entire team that I don't place any blame on.

slim
01-31-2013, 11:19 AM
We were up by about 30 points going into the fourth quarter when we played at Baltimore. This shouldn't have been a close game. Our run defense was shitty. Our corners didn't cover well. Our safeties stayed out of position. We lost the turnover margin. The sole reason we didn't completely get our ass kicked was because of Trindon Holliday. He's the only person on the entire team that I don't place any blame on.

Yeah, all that and yet we had a 7 point lead with 30 seconds left and Baltimore 70 yards and a prayer away.

The game was over. All of the obstacles had been overcome and were moot.

Dapper Dan
01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Yeah, all that and yet we had a 7 point lead with 30 seconds left and Baltimore 70 yards and a prayer away.

The game was over. All of the obstacles had been overcome and were moot.

So late in overtime, the mistake by Moore was moot. We shouldn't have turned the ball over, we should have scored.

slim
01-31-2013, 11:28 AM
So late in overtime, the mistake by Moore was moot. We shouldn't have turned the ball over, we should have scored.

I don't care about overtime. The game was over when Moore pissed down his leg.

TXBRONC
01-31-2013, 11:32 AM

I disgree it's moot point just because the game went into double over time. It shouldn't have gotten to that point.

Dapper Dan
01-31-2013, 11:36 AM
I disgree it's moot point just because the game went into double over time. It shouldn't have gotten to that point.

And I believe the team shouldn't have played like crap and the game shouldn't have gotten to that point at the end of regulation. It shouldn't have been a close game at the end.

TXBRONC
01-31-2013, 11:50 AM
And I believe the team shouldn't have played like crap and the game shouldn't have gotten to that point at the end of regulation. It shouldn't have been a close game at the end.

It shouldn't have been close? I don't agree they're an old team but they're still good and came in with ton playoff experience. Bottom line did Denver have the lead with a little more than minute in regulation? Certainly there was a ton of mistakes but Moore's mistake was the back breaker.

All of that being said, I don't agree with any thought of throwing Moore under the bus. If Denver is as good as I think they are then should have another shot at next year assuming nothing castestrophic happens.

chazoe60
01-31-2013, 12:27 PM
But it was close and then Rahim "The Raven's Dream" Moore, the ********, made the worst play in the history of the safety position.

Dapper Dan
01-31-2013, 12:44 PM
I think we have a few drama queens as fans.

Krugan
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
He should have "known" the second he saw how shallow the defense was playing to begin with.

Blame Moore all you want, it was a mistake, but at least have the same anger for the craptastic call it was to not jam at the line, release Jones deep, and not getting ANY pressure.

Its a shame that the focus of anger is on one player, as bad as he misplayed the ball, the call was 3 times worse.

30 seconds, 70 yards, no time outs and we didnt force them to play for small chunks. One tackle inbounds and the game ends, but lets release a a guy deep and not double him. That was the main way they tie that game, and it wasnt covered.

slim
01-31-2013, 12:58 PM
30 seconds, 70 yards, no time outs and we didnt force them to play for small chunks. One tackle inbounds and the game ends, but lets release a a guy deep and not double him. That was the main way they tie that game, and it wasnt covered.

This is exactly right. It was Moore's job to be the deepest player on the field, but he wasn't.

It's not just one mistake, either. He made 4 mistakes on one effing play. That is why he deserves the heat. If he could have managed only 3 mistakes on that play, it is probably moot. But no....he had to go for the quartet.

Krugan
01-31-2013, 01:06 PM
This is exactly right. It was Moore's job to be the deepest player on the field, but he wasn't.

It's not just one mistake, either. He made 4 mistakes on one effing play. That is why he deserves the heat. If he could have managed only 3 mistakes on that play, it is probably moot. But no....he had to go for the quartet.

I appreciate your anger, but its more than just one player there.

respectfully disagree with the focus being on moore entirely.

slim
01-31-2013, 01:09 PM
I appreciate your anger, but its more than just one player there.

respectfully disagree with the focus being on moore entirely.

I hate Rahim Moore.

Did I mention that?