PDA

View Full Version : Where is Thanksgiving?

Day1BroncoFan
11-12-2007, 07:14 PM
What happened to Thanksgiving this year?

I don't see anything in the stores or anywhere about Thanksgiving. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just losing it (again). :D

Does anyone celebrate it? I know I do.

Your thoughts please.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jody
11-12-2007, 07:43 PM
What happened to Thanksgiving this year?

I don't see anything in the stores or anywhere about Thanksgiving. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just losing it (again). :D

Does anyone celebrate it? I know I do.

Your thoughts please.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Absolutely! One of my favorite meals to prepare. My favorite part is making pies with homemade crusts---and I like to make them bakery style - so they glimmer with sugar and have a tall stack of whip cream. *um....I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it*.

Here's the key to enjoying making Thanksgiving dinner. Don't set the meal time early. Have 'plenty' of wine on hand for preparation, because the cook has to have FUN making the meal! That's the key....drink and cook...and then no matter 'who' you invited for dinner, they are all 'welcome'! :D

What are YOU doing, Day1? What are your plans?

OB
11-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I personally feel it just on us so fast - i honestly feel like i was just bytching about the holidays at BM just weeks ago - doing my Secret Santa - doing my xmas eve dinner - it was one of my better holiday seasons but Im totally not ready for any of it yet - just today i realized kids are off all week from school next week :duh:

The fact it was almost 80 degrees all weekend doesnt get you in the holiday spirits either - ALTHOUGH i am not complaining - give me this ALLLLLLL yer

I feel holidays are a waste of time and money

Jody
11-12-2007, 07:56 PM
I feel holidays are a waste of time and money

There is that side too! Just as long as I don't get stuck with all the dishes by myself, I'm okay with Thanksgiving. ;) Otherwise, I'll start assigning jobs to my family----and keep clearing my throat *hinting* to get off their hiney's and come help me...lazy bums.

Maybe I'll get up from the table and go watch football. Yeah! That's what I'm going to do this year. I won't have to say a word...I'll just leave the room and disappear. :D I've always wondered what that was like anyhow. The problem with that is....they might all get up and leave the room with me. Then WHO IS going to do the dishes?

OB - are you a humbugger at the holidays?

BroncoBJ
11-13-2007, 05:01 AM
This is funny because I was kind of wondering the same thing.
Someone told me it was thanksgiving in 2 weeks and I was shocked.
I've always liked Thanksgiving.
Football plus Turkey and relatives and all that good stuff.

Plus I love me some Egg Nog. :)

It just seems different this year...