PDA

View Full Version : Thurs Camp Report, the last day...

pnbronco
08-20-2009, 11:47 PM
It was a beautiful afternoon with blue skies and the temp just right.

The players came out in short and helmets. They started the practice with walk throws on punts. They really worked on where to line up and who would block who. It was just walking through the motions today. First thing I noticed was that Jack W. was on the field, yeah!!!! The players receiving the punts were Kenny M., Alphonso S., and Eddie R., they just caught the ball.

Then they split up to O line, D line, DB's and O - QB's, WR, TE and RB. All walk throughs. Orton took a lot of reps and had great passes to Chad Jackson, Eddie and Gaffney. I've noticed that when Orton is doing the reps Simms is working with a WR passing back and forth. They had lots of hand offs to the RB and passing to the WR and TE's.

I noticed lots of red zone work today. They started with 7/7, it was hard to see with all the players standing in between me and the play but I see great passes in the corner to Sheff, Eddie and Jordan. Josh Bell did break up a pass. I think Champ did something too but it was over after I heard the cheering and Champ looked like he was in the middle of it.

I did notice that Ron Field's likes to dance. They had some great music today Arrow Smith, Prince and Michael Jackson and you can see that Field's has happy feet.

Simms missed several passes in the red zone. Tom had a great pass to someone wearing the red thing, so I'm not really sure who it was. LaMont had a lot of great runs today.

They then did a bunch of 11/11's. Orton threw to Stok, Stok at first was bobbled then he pulled it in. Later Orton had a great pass to Stok and Stok made a great cut and would have ran for a long ways. Then Buck took a bunch of hand offs and looked strong. Oh there was a beautiful pass from Simms to Stok, it was a long pass and looked great. The play of the day had to be a pass from Orton to Royal it went about half of the field it felt good to cheer. Hillis got several hand off and looked great. I think I saw him with the first team a bunch today, but who knows what that means.

DJ Williams had a great day. He got some great pressure on the QB's, broke up a pass to Marshall and either he or Wesley got a interception.

Brett Kern had some great kicks today. There were major hang time and the kicks were coming down from mid field to about the 5 yd line.

Josh Bell is like the energizer bunny, he is all over and just goes and goes. He also seems like quite a character. David Bruton has a cute woo sounds. They did a onside kick and I heard him holler wooooo. Toward the end one the kick off Jack W would go in like a bull dog and kept trying to strip the ball.

Dawkins was just all over today. He does have nose for the ball.

It's been a really fun camp to watch this year. I look forward to watching this team grow the rest of the year.

Tned
08-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Sounds like a good final practice. Thanks for the great report. I'm looking forward to see how they look in the game on Saturday.

Dirk
08-21-2009, 06:38 AM
Thanks PN for your reports on the camps you have gone to!! I salute you! :salute:

NightTrainLayne
08-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks a bunch PN! :salute:

Have to needle you about "Arrow Smith" though. :lol:

Thanks so much for sharing!

LRtagger
08-21-2009, 10:04 AM
I envy you pnb

pnbronco
08-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks a bunch PN! :salute:

Have to needle you about "Arrow Smith" though. :lol:

Thanks so much for sharing!

OK I was tired and I had a headache and I said I would do it, but it's ok. Still have that dang headache. Needle taken, oh ouch.....:D

NightTrainLayne
08-21-2009, 10:24 AM
OK I was tired and I had a headache and I said I would do it, but it's ok. Still have that dang headache. Needle taken, oh ouch.....:D

The best part is just reading that you had a fun time out there, and that it was fun to watch the practices. I'm glad.

pnbronco
08-21-2009, 10:56 AM
I envy you pnb

I understand LRT. I own a business where I do sewing and quilting trade shows. So I travel (drive) a lot from Chicago to San Diego. In June and July I drove 6000 miles each month to different cities, plus the set up, working the show and tear down. I'll do the same in Sept, but I didn't schedule any shows for Aug. so I could attend as many days of camps as possible. The first few days of camp were so fun it became almost a obsession of how many I could get to. McD has made camp so much more fan friendly I have not had this much fun since they left Greeley. Only in those days my kids were still at home so I could only go to about 3 of them.

My biggest problem/blessing is that I see the players as men trying to win a job. When I see their kids it makes cut day so much harder. That's also the reason I have a hard time being objective and why harsh comments really bother me. I'm just a big mom at heart, so the players that I visit with all know that and many of them have helped me with Mecklenburg's Reading Program in different ways. I've always told myself that if I worked as hard in my business I would be a lot richer, but only money wise. I don't think I could buy the wonderful experiences I've had over the years. I'm glad that I was able to give a window to all you wonderful fans that live away from here. A big thank you to all of you for your kind words. GO BRONCOS!!!