PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Vikings' Adrian Peterson sure he will win NFL's MVP award

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
I put this in Broncos Talk, as there is a lot in the article about Manning

HONOLULU — Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has bad news for Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning. Although the results of the MVP voting won't be revealed until Super Bowl eve, Peterson predicts with 100 percent certainty that he will swipe the award from Manning's grasp and take the trophy back to Minnesota.

"I'm going to win it. I will get it," Peterson told me Saturday, as he stood in the stadium where he and Manning will square off in the Pro Bowl.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22458890/mark-kiszla-vikings-adrian-peterson-sure-he-will

broncohead
01-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Calvin Johnson broke a receiving record. I think he deserves it.

SR
01-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Calvin Johnson broke a receiving record. I think he deserves it.

He won't get it. It's either Peyton or Adrian

broncohead
01-27-2013, 01:35 PM
I know. Calvin makes history but doesn't get recognised

Skinny
01-27-2013, 01:41 PM
I hope it's a tie. I know it won't happen but that would funny since most think it's Peterson's to lose.

UnderArmour
01-27-2013, 01:56 PM
It rightfully belongs to Adrian Peterson. Peyton Manning had a great year, but it was not a historic year that redefined his position.

Poet
01-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Peterson does not deserve the MVP. He didn't redefine his position or his team. Manning at least redefined his team.

Tebowtime2011
01-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Peterson does not deserve the MVP. He didn't redefine his position or his team. Manning at least redefined his team. I'm pretty sure adrian peterson did do that the broncos went to the playoffs the year before but the vikings didnt and do you realize how hard it is to get 2,000 yards when teams stack 8 or 9 people in the box just to stop you. And for people saying calvin johnson should win MVP the win category and playoffs will play a huge factor in calvin not getting it but if the lions went playoffs it is a different story.

Poet
01-27-2013, 02:38 PM
They were the same team as they always were. A run first team. Manning took his team from a bland run first defensive team to an explosive offensive team with a great defense.

It is hard to get 2k yards rushing, but the entire offense was predicated on him, it cuts both ways.

SR
01-27-2013, 02:54 PM
It rightfully belongs to Adrian Peterson. Peyton Manning had a great year, but it was not a historic year that redefined his position.

AP didn't "redefine the position".

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2013, 03:29 PM
As you might expect, Peterson's assumptions have not escaped the notice of Peyton Manning, the Denver Broncos quarterback who serves as Peterson's chief competition for both the Comeback Player and MVP awards.

On Tuesday night, stars from the AFC and NFL Pro Bowl squads gathered at a resort in Oahu, where Manning delivered a speech imploring players to raise the level of play in the Pro Bowl and save the game from extinction. Manning also roasted stars in attendance, according to NFL.com's Andy Fenelon, who was on the scene.

Manning saved his best burn for Peterson.

"Everyone should play like Adrian Peterson," Manning said. "This guy does everything full speed. Pro Bowl -- promoting himself for MVP."

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000131407/article/manning-teases-peterson-about-his-mvp-assumption

spikerman
01-27-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm pretty sure adrian peterson did do that the broncos went to the playoffs the year before but the vikings didnt and do you realize how hard it is to get 2,000 yards when teams stack 8 or 9 people in the box just to stop you. And for people saying calvin johnson should win MVP the win category and playoffs will play a huge factor in calvin not getting it but if the lions went playoffs it is a different story.

Personally, I don't really care who wins the award, but it's easier to get big chunks of yardage when they stack 8 and 9 in the box against you. In fact, a couple of weeks ago, LaDanian Tomlinson said he preferred it when teams did that. With 8 and 9 in the box all the RB has to do is break one or two tackles and then it's off to the races.

Poet
01-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Also AP just comes off as a me first guy. I remember him pouting about contracts and then pouting when the Vikings offense wasn't completely predicated on him during their NFCCG run.

SR
01-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Also AP just comes off as a me first guy. I remember him pouting about contracts and then pouting when the Vikings offense wasn't completely predicated on him during their NFCCG run.

He is

Dzone
01-27-2013, 03:36 PM
I deserve the MVP, me me me me me...hey everybody, look at me! Its all about me me me!...give that guy a piece of humble pie, please!

UnderArmour
01-27-2013, 03:44 PM
AP didn't "redefine the position".

8 or 9 players in the box every down and playing half the year without a #1 receiver? He had the 2nd highest rushing yard total in NFL history and carried his entire offense on his legs. RBs don't touch the ball every down like quarterbacks do so for AP to have the season he had and not get the MVP award makes the whole award a sham. I love Manning and the Broncos, but I'm not going to be blinded by the orange colored glasses here. Manning did not break any records and did not even have as good of a season as Aaron Rodgers last year or arguably even this year. The award is not called "Most Valuable Quarterback," it's called "Most Valuable Player." Adrian Peterson's legs ran his team into the playoffs. Manning did nothing special or out of the ordinary for elite quarterbacks this year and was eclipsed in virtually every quarterback statistical category by others.

Manning does not even deserve the award over Aaron Rodgers this year, much less over Adrian Peterson. Aaron Rodgers had a tougher schedule, a worse defense, a worse offensive line, and a worse running game and still finished with better stats than Manning.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/playersort/NFL/PYDS/2012/regular?&_1:col_1=9

Passing
Player
Pos Team G Att Att/G Cmp Pct Yds Yds/G Lng TD Int Sck SckYL Rating
Aaron Rodgers
QB GB 16 552 34.5 371 67.2 4295 268.4 73 39 8 51 293 108.0
Peyton Manning
QB DEN 16 583 36.4 400 68.6 4659 291.2 71 37 11 21 137 105.8

The award rightfully belongs to Adrian Peterson.

silkamilkamonico
01-27-2013, 03:49 PM
8 or 9 players in the box every down and playing half the year without a #1 receiver? He had the 2nd highest rushing yard total in NFL history and carried his entire offense on his legs. RBs don't touch the ball every down like quarterbacks do so for AP to have the season he had and not get the MVP award makes the whole award a sham. I love Manning and the Broncos, but I'm not going to be blinded by the orange colored glasses here. Manning did not break any records and did not even have as good of a season as Aaron Rodgers last year or arguably even this year. The award is not called "Most Valuable Quarterback," it's called "Most Valuable Player." Adrian Peterson's legs ran his team into the playoffs. Manning did nothing special or out of the ordinary for elite quarterbacks this year and was eclipsed in virtually every quarterback statistical category by others.

Manning does not even deserve the award over Aaron Rodgers this year, much less over Adrian Peterson. Aaron Rodgers had a tougher schedule, a worse defense, a worse offensive line, and a worse running game and still finished with better stats than Manning.

I have to agree. He's selfish and a me guy, but that team doesn't win 3 games without him. Just my opinion.

SR
01-27-2013, 03:52 PM

You're right. He didn't break any single season records. Manning was too busy breaking NFL career records and moving up to top three in every single major statistical QB category. AP was the Vikings sole source of offense just as Megatron was for Detroit.

BroncoWave
01-27-2013, 03:55 PM
You're right. He didn't break any single season records. Manning was too busy breaking NFL career records and moving up to top three in every single major statistical QB category. AP was the Vikings sole source of offense just as Megatron was for Detroit.

To be fair the MVP is a single-season award so the fact that Manning hit certain career milestones isn't particularly relevant to this conversation.

topscribe
01-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Peterson does not deserve the MVP. He didn't redefine his position or his team. Manning at least redefined his team.
It seems to me Peterson will get it because people forget this isn't a reward for
the best player at his position. It is supposed to be the reward for the MVP on
the team, in other words, the one who makes the most difference on his team.
There is no question the Vikings had a better record with AP, but the Broncos
went from pretender to what was considered the best team in football, the real
deal, with Manning. Without Manning, they were 8-8, IMO. That's MVP, IMO.

Poet
01-27-2013, 04:03 PM
AP also has a very good line and his entire offense was predicated on him. That means no matter what they're going to keep giving him the ball. That really does a lot to cancel out facing a stacked box. That's why coaches like to keep running the ball no matter if it works or not because eventually you will tire out the defense.

Manning came to a new team and instantly made everyone better. It's that simple, Manning makes average players good, good players great and great players elite. He brought his offense to Denver. Your two young WR's grew tremendously, largely because of him. Your average tight ends looked good, because of him. He once again made Brandon Stokely look a lot better than what he is.

Who did AP improve? Not a single player, when you run the ball like that, when it's that much of a facet of your offense, it doesn't matter how effective it is. Guys like Randolph and Harvin are going to get good looks just because you're running the ball that much. AP is flat out the best back in football. However Manning put up a season with equally difficult circumstances and turned Denver from a one-dimensional crappy offense to a powerhouse.

He even made his offensive line play better. Clady's dropoff of play was exaggerated, but it did exist. This year Clady looked like Anthony Munoz.

The impact of Manning playing for Denver changed everything, sans special teams play.

Poet
01-27-2013, 04:21 PM
BTB, the way the award is voted on, it's not always a single season award. The issue is simple, once you break down what each player actually does for his team, it's Manning. If you view it in a vaccum or a narrow scope, it's AP. Both of those viewpoints are fine.

Tebowtime2011
01-27-2013, 06:22 PM
BTB, the way the award is voted on, it's not always a single season award. The issue is simple, once you break down what each player actually does for his team, it's Manning. If you view it in a vaccum or a narrow scope, it's AP. Both of those viewpoints are fine. I feel like adrian peterson is a shoe in for the award especially because of peyton manning's inability to win games in the playoffs might come into play. Also another thing that could swing votes is the broncos got just as far last year without him.

SR
01-27-2013, 06:37 PM
To be fair the MVP is a single-season award so the fact that Manning hit certain career milestones isn't particularly relevant to this conversation.

Manning had the highest total QBR since ESPN started keeping track of that stat.

SR
01-27-2013, 06:38 PM
I feel like adrian peterson is a shoe in for the award especially because of peyton manning's inability to win games in the playoffs might come into play. Also another thing that could swing votes is the broncos got just as far last year without him.

Voting was closed on Jan 3, before Denver lost to Baltimore.

Poet
01-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Why is it that whenever someone has the word tebow in their name...nevermind.

BroncoWave
01-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Manning had the highest total QBR since ESPN started keeping track of that stat.

I'm not saying Manning shouldn't win it. Just that the fact that he hit career milestones isn't really relevant.

DenBronx
01-27-2013, 07:02 PM
I deserve the MVP, me me me me me...hey everybody, look at me! Its all about me me me!...give that guy a piece of humble pie, please!

He sure is pretty cocky about that isnt he? I would love for him not to win it based on he is a ME guy.

Peterson didnt set the record so I dont get what the hype is. Manning came back from 4 neck surgeries, to a completely new team and set our offense on fire getting us to 13-3/1st seed.

I would love to see AP get a taste of humble pie.

Dzone
01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
How much campaigning for MVP did TD do after going over 2,000? Probably none. TD isnt a blowhard like Peterson

SR
01-27-2013, 07:47 PM
How much campaigning for MVP did TD do after going over 2,000? Probably none. TD isnt a blowhard like Peterson

Did Jamaal Lewis win MVP when he went over 2k? Or Chris Johnson? Nope. TD was the last 2k rusher to be the league MVP.

BroncoWave
01-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Did Jamaal Lewis win MVP when he went over 2k? Or Chris Johnson?

Not really sure how that's relevant to this season either. Every year is different...

SR
01-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Not really sure how that's relevant to this season either. Every year is different...

It is absolutely relevant. It means that just because he rushed for 2k doesn't mean MVP is a lock for him.

BroncoWave
01-27-2013, 07:52 PM
It is absolutely relevant. It means that just because he rushed for 2k doesn't mean MVP is a lock for him.

No one is saying that... Most of the arguments I've seen are how he rushed for 2K despite having no other offensive weapons around him and coming off his injury, as well as leading a garbage team to the playoffs. There are way more arguments for him than just "he rushed for 2K".

SR
01-27-2013, 07:55 PM
No one is saying that... Most of the arguments I've seen are how he rushed for 2K despite having no other offensive weapons around him and coming off his injury, as well as leading a garbage team to the playoffs. There are way more arguments for him than just "he rushed for 2K".

Goddamn.

BroncoWave
01-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Goddamn.

No need to get mad because you were called out for saying something that isn't true...

SR
01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
No need to get mad because you were called out for saying something that isn't true...

Lol. You didn't call me out, you just have to argue with everyone and always have to be right. There are posts in this thread by one or two posters saying that AP is a lock.

DenBronx
01-27-2013, 08:12 PM

I don't recall Davis ever saying IM THE MVP....vote for me. Davis was never a ME type of guy. That's the difference between guys like AP and Davis.

Did Jamaal Lewis win MVP when he went over 2k? Or Chris Johnson? Nope. TD was the last 2k rusher to be the league MVP.

Davis just did his job and Davis did it during a Superbowl run with 23 Touchdowns....unlike Jamall Charles, Barry Sanders, Chris Johnson, OJ and Dickerson who all averaged about 14 TDs with their 2000+ yard seasons....Davis also boasted the most Touchdowns while breaking the 2000 yard mark. So if anyone had any clout and has a reason to say IM MVP then Davis did but he never said look at me.

Poet
01-27-2013, 08:13 PM

But it's a relevant argument. The last two guys to get 2k yards didn't get MVP. A lot of people seem to think that if you do that then you should become the MVP.

Which is wrong.

DenBronx
01-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Oh...and AP only had 12 rushing touchdowns with all of those yards. I think that's the 2nd lowest among all of the guys in the 2000 yard club. Not impressed since all the Vikings did was feed him the ball all year. Davis also had to do this with guys like Sharpe, Eddie Mac and Smith all getting the ball too.

DenBronx
01-27-2013, 08:16 PM

Nothing he did set the bar.

DenBronx
01-27-2013, 08:19 PM
And I think APs MEMVP tour completely disrespects other players. Its not that its super cocky of him to do his own campaign but he is also disrespecting other MVP candidates like Brady, Calvin, Rogers and Manning. I don't see any of these other postential MVP award winners saying MEMVP.

SR
01-27-2013, 08:35 PM
I don't recall Davis ever saying IM THE MVP....vote for me. Davis was never a ME type of guy. That's the difference between guys like AP and Davis.

Davis just did his job and Davis did it during a Superbowl run with 23 Touchdowns....unlike Jamall Charles, Barry Sanders, Chris Johnson, OJ and Dickerson who all averaged about 14 TDs with their 2000+ yard seasons....Davis also boasted the most Touchdowns while breaking the 2000 yard mark. So if anyone had any clout and has a reason to say IM MVP then Davis did but he never said look at me.

Absolutely. It seems like class and modesty is a thing of the past. Sad really.

Dzone
01-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Plus AP played indoors on a fast track, giving him an advantage...I hope he doesnt win it...OK comeback player of the year, maybe, but still think Manning should get that 2274too

UnderArmour
01-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Bottom line is if you take off the orange-colored glasses, the only thing that puts Manning ahead of Rodgers is the fact that he was out of the league last year due to injury while Rodgers would be a back-to-back MVP. Rodgers is every bit as valuable to his team as Manning is to the Broncos. The Broncos were an 8-8 team last year without Manning but what would the Packers be without Rodgers? Rodgers is every bit as valuable to the Packers as Manning is to the Broncos, if not more so. Couple that with the injuries to Greg Jennings, Cedric Benson, the offensive line, and the defense and it simply makes zero sense that Manning should even finish ahead of Rodgers. Rodgers also plays in a tougher division with 2 other teams at 10-6 while Manning had a softball schedule down the stretch. This shouldn't even be a Manning/Rodgers debate; it should be a Rodgers/Adrian Peterson debate. Now we all know that it will come down to AP vs Manning, but I really wish people on this board would stop being homers and look at the facts.

27 plays of 20 or more yards from a running back.
2097 yards. Second most all-time.
6 yards a carry average on 348 carries.
A whopping 131.7 yards per game.
Last 10 games of the season only ONE game with less than 100 yards (due to being rested during garbage time).
Kept his team in games they had no business being in otherwise--he goes into Seattle and tears up their defense.
As a RUNNING BACK he leads his team into the playoffs. There was not a single game during the season Peterson disappointed his team.

This isn't hard. If Manning gets the award over Peterson, the whole award is a sham. Stop being homers.

And for those of you calling out AP for being a selfish, me-first player, you really have no clue what you're talking about. It's completely baseless. This guy is playing on a fat contract and he STILL comes back from injury. All of a sudden playing your best and tearing up stacked fronts makes you a locker room cancer? Give me a break. What do you want him to say? I absolutely want a running back who wants to break records because of the way the RB position works. If you're running the ball, your team either has a lead or is in the game. Do you want a RB that is going to say "COACH, pass the ball!!!". Of course not.

SR
01-27-2013, 09:28 PM
So because I think Manning should win the MVP, I'm a homer?

UnderArmour
01-27-2013, 09:36 PM
So because I think Manning should win the MVP, I'm a homer?

Why does Manning deserve the award over Adrian Peterson or Aaron Rodgers? I've tried, but there's nothing to justify it. Aaron Rodgers had a tougher season and was more valuable to his team. Without Adrian Peterson's bounce-back season, the Vikings are a 3-13, 4-12 team. Without Aaron Rodgers, the Packers probably pick in the top 10. Aaron Rodgers dealt with more adversity and played a tougher schedule. Adrian Peterson dealt with more adversity and played a tougher schedule. A Manning MVP award would be based on hype and name-recognition alone. It would be completely ignoring the realities of the 2012 season. It would be a sham, a bad joke. So yes, it either makes you a homer or an uninformed fan.

Poet
01-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Why are refusing to acknowledge that Manning came to a new team, made everyone around him better, taught the youngings how to be pros and implemented HIS system? To be an MVP you have to have big numbers, after that you have to look at the rest of the context.

Does Manning have big numbers? Yes.

Does the rest of his context outweight the context of other players?

Yes.

Poet
01-27-2013, 09:42 PM
I got orange colored glasses on, different team.

SR
01-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Why does Manning deserve the award over Adrian Peterson or Aaron Rodgers? I've tried, but there's nothing to justify it. Aaron Rodgers had a tougher season and was more valuable to his team. Without Adrian Peterson's bounce-back season, the Vikings are a 3-13, 4-12 team. Without Aaron Rodgers, the Packers probably pick in the top 10. Aaron Rodgers dealt with more adversity and played a tougher schedule. Adrian Peterson dealt with more adversity and played a tougher schedule. A Manning MVP award would be based on hype and name-recognition alone. It would be completely ignoring the realities of the 2012 season. It would be a sham, a bad joke. So yes, it either makes you a homer or an uninformed fan.

What is Denver with Caleb Hanie or, ghasp, Tim Tebow? Sub .500. Denver was 13-3 and the top seed in the AFC BECAUSE OF Peyton Manning. He threw for over 4500 and close to 40 TDs with only 11 picks. His QBR was the highest in the NFL (and highest total QBR since ESPN started that stat) and QB rating was over 105. Yeah, Denver had an easy schedule but Denver still won 11 in a row. They went almost 3/4 of the season straight without losing. BECAUSE of Manning.

UnderArmour
01-27-2013, 09:48 PM
What is Denver with Caleb Hanie or, ghasp, Tim Tebow? Sub .500. Denver was 13-3 and the top seed in the AFC BECAUSE OF Peyton Manning. He threw for over 4500 and close to 40 TDs with only 11 picks. His QBR was the highest in the NFL and QB rating was over 105. Yeah, Denver had an easy schedule but Denver still won 11 in a row. They went almost 3/4 of the season straight without losing. BECAUSE of Manning.

Aaron Rodgers dealt with worse and had a tougher schedule. Aaron Rodgers also had better stats even though this is a guy who took 50+ sacks. Manning was sacked only 11 times. Rodgers played and won games without his top 2 receivers (Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson) and without an NFL RB after Cedric Benson went down. Basically, because Manning signed with a better team with more talent that means he should be MVP? He broke no records. He dealt with few injuries. He had an elite offensive line. He had an elite defense. He played a softball schedule.

Poet
01-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Aaron Rodgers dealt with worse and had a tougher schedule. Aaron Rodgers also had better stats even though this is a guy who took 50+ sacks. Manning was sacked only 11 times. Rodgers played and won games without his top 2 receivers (Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson) and without an NFL RB after Cedric Benson went down. Basically, because Manning signed with a better team with more talent that means he should be MVP? He broke no records. He dealt with few injuries. He had an elite offensive line. He had an elite defense. He played a softball schedule.

Aaron Rodgers also has way more talent on offense. The Broncos WR corp is two guys deep. The Packers WR corp is about 5-6 guys deep. Finley is a better player than any TE Manning has, by far.

Manning made your subpar tight ends look good. He made Decker look like Wes Welker and Thomas played like a top five WR in football this year. Your offensive line played at an elite level, largely because of Manning. The past two years the Broncos line has not been elite, for a lot of reasons, but the fact remains true. Your line playing elite wasn't a given this year, either.

Manning also helped your defense a ton. Do you remember, IDK, the past eight years where Manning would get the lead on the Colts? Then Freeney and Mathis beat the hell out of the opposing QB? It's almost as if...Freeney and Mathis...were interchangable with Dumveril and Miller...oh..they were.

Please address these points. I know you can't, but at least try.

SR
01-27-2013, 10:02 PM

Manning was sacked more than 11 times.

Manning also had an on again off again rotation at RT and a new center half way in to the year.

What records did Rodgers break? None. So why is he so much a better candidate than Peyton? I'd put Megatron ahead of Rodgers.

UnderArmour
01-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Aaron Rodgers also has way more talent on offense. The Broncos WR corp is two guys deep. The Packers WR corp is about 5-6 guys deep. Finley is a better player than any TE Manning has, by far.

Manning made your subpar tight ends look good. He made Decker look like Wes Welker and Thomas played like a top five WR in football this year. Your offensive line played at an elite level, largely because of Manning. The past two years the Broncos line has not been elite, for a lot of reasons, but the fact remains true. Your line playing elite wasn't a given this year, either.

Manning also helped your defense a ton. Do you remember, IDK, the past eight years where Manning would get the lead on the Colts? Then Freeney and Mathis beat the hell out of the opposing QB? It's almost as if...Freeney and Mathis...were interchangable with Dumveril and Miller...oh..they were.

Please address these points. I know you can't, but at least try.

Demaryius Thomas was hampered by injuries the last few years. Decker was no slouch last year either when Orton was playing, but he did have struggles to get separation throughout the year. Nobody knows how good the Packers WRs really are independent of Rodgers, but I would say Demaryius is better than Cobb, Jones, or Nelson.

The Broncos defensive as a whole was elite last year and frequently tore up quarterbacks. So that's not a valid point. Von Miller also recovered from his thumb injury and finally had 2 hands to work with this year. The Broncos offensive line led the top rushing attack in the NFL last year, how the hell weren't they elite? So that's not a valid point either. If Tebow is as bad as people claim he is, then can the Decker and Thomas improvements really be entirely attributed to Manning so much as having an NFL passing attack?

Manning was sacked more than 11 times.

Manning also had an on again off again rotation at RT and a new center half way in to the year.

What records did Rodgers break? None. So why is he so much a better candidate than Peyton? I'd put Megatron ahead of Rodgers.

Don't even try to compare Manning's offensive line to Rodgers situation. If you watched the Packers at all last year, you would understand exactly what I'm talking about. Megatron didn't make the playoffs nor did his stats help his team win. AP's year helped his team to victory. Rodgers year helped his team to victory. Manning's year also did. What more did you want out of AP for him to win the award?

BroncoWave
01-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Lol. You didn't call me out, you just have to argue with everyone and always have to be right. There are posts in this thread by one or two posters saying that AP is a lock.

Ok smart guy, show me where someone in this thread said he is a lock to win it for no other reason than rushing for 2K.

Poet
01-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Demaryius Thomas was hampered by injuries the last few years. Decker was no slouch last year either when Orton was playing, but he did have struggles to get separation throughout the year. Nobody knows how good the Packers WRs really are independent of Rodgers, but I would say Demaryius is better than Cobb, Jones, or Nelson.

Really, because every time Matt Flynn played the offense still lit it up. Thomas is a hoss, but it's not coincidence that he puts up big numbers the year Manning arrives. So yes, while Thomas may be the best WR out of the entire group, your corp is two guys deep. They are clearly deeper by a large margin. It's not debatable.

Manning has also made a ton of WR's play much better. Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Stokely, tight ends like Tamme, Utecht, the list goes on and on. It's widely acknowledged that Manning has done this throughout his career. Again, not really debatable. Your two WR's even talked about how much he made them better. Pay attention.

The Broncos defensive as a whole was elite last year and frequently tore up quarterbacks. So that's not a valid point. Von Miller also recovered from his thumb injury and finally had 2 hands to work with this year. The Broncos offensive line led the top rushing attack in the NFL last year, how the hell weren't they elite? So that's not a valid point either. If Tebow is as bad as people claim he is, then can the Decker and Thomas improvements really be entirely attributed to Manning so much as having an NFL passing attack?

First off, you can't use arguments of others about Tebow against me. What you're failing to get is that the Broncos finally got to play with leads, largely because of Manning. When you're losing, you usually have to pass the ball more, which plays to the strength of your defense. It's a direct and obvious facet of what made your team so good. To back it up, I point to the years Manning played in Indy. They talked ad nauesum about how playing with a lead was key for that team because their strength was pass rush.

Don't even try to compare Manning's offensive line to Rodgers situation. If you watched the Packers at all last year, you would understand exactly what I'm talking about. Megatron didn't make the playoffs nor did his stats help his team win. AP's year helped his team to victory. Rodgers year helped his team to victory. Manning's year also did. What more did you want out of AP for him to win the award?

The Packers are televised as a local team around my area. His line is not good, but he also takes a lot of sacks because he holds onto the ball and tries to make plays. You clearly aren't factoring that into your analysis, and that's bad on you.

Your tone suggests that you think it's easily academic and that you're lecturing the people who disagree with you. It's far from the truth.

BTB, SR was probably speaking in general. You're really grasping here.

silkamilkamonico
01-27-2013, 10:44 PM
Manning came to Denver and did completely change the dynamics. 13-3 is terrific. Denver was a great team this year. #4 offense and #2 defense. IMHO Denver would still be a playoff team and above .500 or equal with any other starting QB.. Still 13-3 is a far cry of difference from something like an 8-8 season.

For myself, the MVP needs to go to the one player that their team could not compete without. I have to think it's Adrian, or Aaron Rodgers.

Great season by all of them.

Dzone
01-27-2013, 11:45 PM
The Broncos could compete and go 13-3 without Manning?

Adrian Peterson in interview today : "I think my body of work speaks for itself and god willing, I will be MVP"

chaoticmayhem
01-28-2013, 12:22 AM
I think what Calvin did was more impressive than what Adrian did..stat-wise. I mean Calvin was just shy of 2000 yards receiving. That's insane. The MVP award is as much a popularity contest as anything else. You got to have the press pushing you to get it, as well as the stats.

Tebowtime2011
01-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Why is it that whenever someone has the word tebow in their name...nevermind. Lol my name is supposed to be sarcastic. At least I thought it was pretty funny maybe get a chuckle out two out of it I thought most people would understand the humor.

BroncoJoe
01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
I don't really care who wins it. Couldn't care less, as a matter of fact.

Northman
01-28-2013, 10:31 AM
You can argue all day long who is worthy of MVP and not to take anything away from Rodgers or Peterson but to say Manning is less deserving is moronic.

TXBRONC
01-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Manning is very deserving of the MVP award but if doesn't get so be it. I hope more for something that has never been done before and win a Super Bowl with a quarterback who has won it previously with a different team.

UnderArmour
01-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Manning is very deserving of the MVP award but if doesn't get so be it. I hope more for something that has never been done before and win a Super Bowl with a quarterback who has won it previously with a different team.

Manning is certainly deserving of the MVP award. All 3 players are.

You can argue all day long who is worthy of MVP and not to take anything away from Rodgers or Peterson but to say Manning is less deserving is moronic.

But to say that Manning deserves the award more than Adrian Peterson is both delusional and moronic.

Poet
01-28-2013, 08:05 PM
One guy did more for his team. He played for Denver.

Dzone
01-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Seems the "Politically Correct" movement wants AP to win MVP

SR
01-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Seems the "Politically Correct" movement wants AP to win MVP

Trying to keep the white man down.