PDA

View Full Version : Klis: Draft Manti Te'o? You don't need to do it, Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
01-26-2013, 10:49 PM
after you get past the Te'o stuff, interesting stuff in the article

Draft the Te'o, John Elway. With the Broncos' first-round pick, No. 28 overall, Elway should draft Notre Dame's Manti Te'o. He will be available.

I know what you're thinking. Should the Broncos take a middle linebacker with their first draft pick when there are so many quality defensive tackles available?

But imagine the possibilities.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_22458493/draft-teo-you-dont-need-do-it-denver

Northman
01-26-2013, 10:50 PM
He would be right, there are other quality MLB's in the draft. Teo doesnt stand out THAT much to warrant taking him.

SR
01-26-2013, 11:08 PM
He would be right, there are other quality MLB's in the draft. Teo doesnt stand out THAT much to warrant taking him.

As MO's first round mock pointed out, Minter would be adequate and I think he'll be plenty good. He's also got a better chance at being there at 28.

Simple Jaded
01-27-2013, 02:19 AM
Mike Klis is by far the worst Broncos beat writer I can ever remember. I like Te'o and I wouldn't mind at all if Denver finally draft DT in the first round, but when Klis writes about it I suddenly wish the Broncos would draft anything but Te'o and DT.......his capacity for being wrong is that influential.

Btw, Shonn Green? Jackoff.......

Davii
01-27-2013, 02:49 AM
I don't want Te'o, more than the hoax he was non existent in the championship game. He sucked.

gregbroncs
01-27-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't want Teo Because I don't want the Tebow of the defense. Too much press surrounding this guy and not enough talent to go with it.

SR
01-27-2013, 10:49 AM
I don't want Teo Because I don't want the Tebow of the defense. Too much press surrounding this guy and not enough talent to go with it.

That's debatable

Dzone
01-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Bring on the Circus!...makes for good board discussions, hell, a fight or two could even break out:D...naw just kidding...yep his disappearance against bama should make anyone skeptical...But if he comes in with a chip on his shoulder and becomes the next Seau, well

spikerman
01-27-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't want Te'o, more than the hoax he was non existent in the championship game. He sucked.

This. His invisible girlfriend made more tackles than Te'o did in that game.

SR
01-27-2013, 11:38 AM

I love how to some of you one game is definitive of a whole college career.

CoachChaz
01-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Its not indicative of his career, but he has built a hype based on overrated performances against mostly mediocre talent. Plus he seems to get credited for more than he does. Box score says he had 10 tackles in the NC game. When the hell did they take place?

SR
01-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Its not indicative of his career, but he has built a hype based on overrated performances against mostly mediocre talent. Plus he seems to get credited for more than he does. Box score says he had 10 tackles in the NC game. When the hell did they take place?

I'm not saying he's as great as some people say he is. Personally i tend to think Minter will be a better pro, but it's just silly to say "no thanks because he sucked in the Senior Bowl".

Superchop 7
01-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Teos brain is spaghetti......no thanks.

I am a fan of Minter .....but my gut instinct says get Short instead.

spikerman
01-27-2013, 12:34 PM
I love how to some of you one game is definitive of a whole college career.

I'm just wary of guys who come up very small in the biggest game of their career. In that game it wasn't even that he was too hyper and running himself out of plays. It was that he was in position to make a tackle and couldn't. He still has Lacey's cleat marks all over him.

jhildebrand
01-27-2013, 01:18 PM

Te'o wasn't missing tackles. He was hugging his girlfriend :lol:

Poet
01-27-2013, 02:03 PM

He played poorly in one game.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-27-2013, 03:21 PM
What I think is funny is that folks are predicting he'll fall that far. If he does well at the combine and interviews decently, he'll be right back into the top half of the first round. The only true knocks against him are 1) he fell for the girlfriend hoax thing and then went along with it once it was supposedly uncovered because he was encouraged to do so by his HC and athletic director, and 2) he didn't play well in the NC game vs Alabama (name one ND defensive player who did, even if you're a great player it's nearly impossible to do it all yourself).

I'm not saying anything about him, positive or negative, but the guy appears to be a great athlete and a pretty high character dude. Cam Newton was picked #1 overall after being flushed from UF for stealing and then was involved in a pay for play scandal at Auburn. I doubt this girlfriend thing or the fact that he had one bad game will be enough to have Te'o fall that far.

I think he'll test/time well at the combine and all will be forgotten about the girlfriend thing.

SR
01-27-2013, 03:23 PM
What I think is funny is that folks are predicting he'll fall that far. If he does well at the combine and interviews decently, he'll be right back into the top half of the first round. The only true knocks against him are 1) he fell for the girlfriend hoax thing and then went along with it once it was supposedly uncovered because he was encouraged to do so by his HC and athletic director, and 2) he didn't play well in the NC game vs Alabama (name one ND defensive player who did, even if you're a great player it's nearly impossible to do it all yourself).

I'm not saying anything about him, positive or negative, but the guy appears to be a great athlete and a pretty high character dude. Cam Newton was picked #1 overall after being flushed from UF for stealing and then was involved in a pay for play scandal at Auburn. I doubt this girlfriend thing or the fact that he had one bad game will be enough to have Te'o fall that far.

I think he'll test/time well at the combine and all will be forgotten about the girlfriend thing.

I am on board with this train of thought.

I'm sorry my posts are all pretty short and small on substance as I am using my phone to post.

spikerman
01-27-2013, 03:25 PM
I really don't care about the girlfriend thing. It looks like he may have been scammed and then was embarrassed about it, I feel sorry for him more than anything. The thing that does concern me is that he seemed to bounce off of ball carriers in the National Championship game. He didn't wrap up and didn't appear strong enough to make the plays one on one. Yes, it was only one game, but that raised serious warning flags to me.

topscribe
01-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Gradishar, Mecklenburg, Al Wilson . . .

Who's going to be our next great MLB?

DenBronx
01-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Gradishar, Mecklenburg, Al Wilson . . .

Who's going to be our next great MLB?

I don't know but we need one bad!! I wish DJ would have been better as an MLB because the other two spots are solidified now. WHo knows, maybe they will give him another shot at the middle, it's a completely new defense with Del Rio here and the move back to the middle for DJ might be best.