PDA

View Full Version : Prater missing at Broncos' practice

Lonestar
08-20-2009, 03:56 PM
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

Posted: 08/20/2009 01:59:11 PM MDT
Updated: 08/20/2009 02:02:18 PM MDT

Prater (Post file)Kicker Matt Prater does not appear to be at today's practice, the final session of training camp, which began at 1 p.m.

He was not with the team during full-squad stretching and is not practicing with other special teams players.

Coach Josh McDaniels will be asked to clear up Prater's absence when McDaniels meets with reporters after practice, which is scheduled to end at approximately 3:30 p.m.

There is not another kicker on the field now, though rookie punter Britton Colquitt, who is competing for that job with Brett Kern, practiced kicking field goals Wednesday afternoon.

The only other players not practicing are running back Knowshon Moreno and wide receiver Brandon Lloyd.

Lindsay H. Jones:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13169385?source=rss

jrelway
08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
maybe praters feelings got hurt cause mcdaniels tried to trade him for stephen gostowski.

Dirk
08-20-2009, 04:14 PM
maybe praters feelings got hurt cause mcdaniels tried to trade him for stephen gostowski.

You get both a :lol: and a :tsk: for that one! :salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Prater sucks, we should have got a kicker this past draft or the one prior.

GEM
08-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Prater sucks, we should have got a kicker this past draft or the one prior.

Still bumming for not picking up Crosby.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Still bumming for not picking up Crosby.

Dude, (did I just call you dude?) -- Crosby would have been wonderful. I believe he lead the NFL in points a year or so ago. I can't believe he slipped to where he did. Crosby could have kicked it 60+ on the reg here in Denver. What a shame. :tsk:

BroncoWave
08-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Good, hopefully he stays at home. I have been ok with 95% of the things McD has done this offseason but this wasn't one of them. I can't understand the logic of not bringing in competition for someone who was statistically one of the worst kickers in the NFL last year.

OrangeHoof
08-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Prater missing at Broncos' practice

Well, at least he's consistent. He misses even when he's not practicing.

claymore
08-20-2009, 07:17 PM
good, hopefully he stays at home. I have been ok with 95% of the things mcd has done this offseason but this wasn't one of them. I can't understand the logic of not bringing in competition for someone who was statistically one of the worst kickers in the nfl last year.

lol!