PDA

View Full Version : invisible girlfriend gives broncos star MLB?

BroncoBowlby 88
01-25-2013, 03:52 PM
I was wondering if this senecio would play out come draft time....

With all this hooplah surrounding Teo with the draft coming up quickly, I wonder if teams will shy away from him in the draft. We know the football smarts are there, he would make this defense a force for years to come, and the only real problem is that he is gullible. Last year people were talking as if Vontaze Burfict was a to 10 pick, but there were some worries about his smarts and it tossed him out of the draft (I still wish denver would have nab'd him up). So if Teo is there, or close enough for a trade up, should we draft him? I say yes.

Discuss

SR
01-25-2013, 03:56 PM
If he's there, Denver has to draft him.

Chef Zambini
01-25-2013, 04:00 PM
will his imaginary wife like denver?

Northman
01-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Maybe Teo is imaginary too.

DenBronx
01-25-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't think he will fall that far.

Last year I campaigned for us to take Vontaze Burfict, this year I did the same for Manti. Why? Because we seriously have not had a true MLB since Al Wilson. Clearly the Bengals were smart for taking a chance on Burfict but they didnt have to use a draft pick. The Broncos on the other hand will be giving up a first round.

Some guys are hoping the Broncos use their late first rounder on Revis. So the question is would you rather have Revis or Manti, who is unproven in the NFL and will also come with the hoax story drama. I said no on Revis yesterday, not because I dont think he will be a good CB for us but it will create problems and who would we move for him? We sure as hell wont move Harris and we dont dare ask Champ to play safety. So that will X out Revis and in the end I think the Jets will keep him.

I would love for us to trade with Carolina for Beason, that's my first wish. If not and Manti falls to us then fine, take the risk.

DenBronx
01-25-2013, 04:05 PM
will his imaginary wife like denver?

I have some stock I will sell him if you can get his bank account information for me.

Maybe Teo is imaginary too.

Don't judge...... TIA... :elefant:

BroncoBowlby 88
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
I think there are solid CB's and DT's we can find in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (if the Manti Teo scenario plays out). I think it's realistic that he may fall, character issues, lack of smarts, or providing a wealth of drama can sink a players draft status.

I believe our 2 biggest holes on the team as a whole are finding a MLB and DT. So I'm fine with a playmaker at either position, but Teo would be to good to pass on, if the board falls our way.

BigDaddyBronco
01-25-2013, 04:33 PM
If anything makes Teo drop it would be his performance against Alabama where he couldn't tackle. He needs a good Pro Day workout.

Northman
01-25-2013, 04:34 PM
I think there are solid CB's and DT's we can find in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (if the Manti Teo scenario plays out). I think it's realistic that he may fall, character issues, lack of smarts, or providing a wealth of drama can sink a players draft status.

I believe our 2 biggest holes on the team as a whole are finding a MLB and DT. So I'm fine with a playmaker at either position, but Teo would be to good to pass on, if the board falls our way.

Yea, the question you have to ask yourself is does he stand out that much vs any of the other MLB's coming out like Minter or Ogletree. If not, passing him up and taking a different player might be the wiser choice.

CoachChaz
01-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Id take Jesse Williams over Te'o

BigDaddyBronco
01-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Does Minter have any baggage? Teo's stats don't really stand out that much, it was his intangibles and leadership that made him a great prospect. I would still take him if we got a shot, but Minter might be a pretty decent MLB as well. Ogletree is athletic as ****, but is a little lighter and is taller, and has some character issues if I remember correctly.

BigDaddyBronco
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Id take Jesse Williams over Te'o

He seems like a beast. That NT from Georgia, Jenkins might be good as well.

CoachChaz
01-25-2013, 04:41 PM
He seems like a beast. That NT from Georgia, Jenkins might be good as well.

I'd take him, too...but I think he'll be gone before 28

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 04:47 PM
I don't think this makes him drop as much as the fans want to say it will. The fans will make much more of this than GMs and coaches looking for talent. IF he would happen to fall close enough for Denver to get him, then absolutely yes, we go after him.

Chef Zambini
01-25-2013, 06:28 PM
when he is called to be selected will that person disguise his voice?

cmc0605
01-25-2013, 07:23 PM
The reality is that drafts never proceed according to mocks beyond the top 5 or so. Lots of "top 15" guys fall to the second round, and guys supposed to go in the third round end up being picked in the 20s. There were at least two or three guys at Derek Wolfe's position that were ranked ahead of him when we picked last year. Don't be surprised if Te'o or other good looking players are available.

Dzone
01-25-2013, 08:51 PM
By then, he and Tuiasosospo will be holding hands in the green room..The NFLs first egregiously gay couple

Superchop 7
01-25-2013, 11:53 PM
We could change the music that the Broncos come out of the tunnel to "Imaginary Lover" by Atlanta Rhythm Section.

RIP Ronnie Harmond. (Lead singer ARS died a few days ago)

Other ARS hits could include....."Spooky"....."So into you"......

Just sayin.

Dzone
01-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Heres the full Katie Couric interview with Manti Teo in case you havent seen it. Im sure NFL personnel people are going to watch this. I havent watched it yet..I watched the first few minutes and couldnt keep from looking at Katie Courics legs and high heels, I was distracted by her...
Anyway, if youre an NFL scout watching this interview, are you more likely or less likely to want to draft him? What did you think of the interview? Is he someone you would trust to lead your defense?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0wOgRVySgU

sneakers
01-26-2013, 06:05 AM
Maybe a roger goodell impersonationist could read his name when he is drafted....and he goes to the podium and he hugs who he thinks is roger goodell

TXBRONC
01-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Just take the best player available.

Ravage!!!
01-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Maybe a roger goodell impersonationist could read his name when he is drafted....and he goes to the podium and he hugs who he thinks is roger goodell

No. It would have to be where his name is read over the intercom, with no face and no hug.

Dzone
01-26-2013, 11:36 AM
No way does this guy drop to the Broncos..He will be long gone by the time we draft at 28.

UnderArmour
01-26-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't think he will fall that far.

Last year I campaigned for us to take Vontaze Burfict, this year I did the same for Manti. Why? Because we seriously have not had a true MLB since Al Wilson. Clearly the Bengals were smart for taking a chance on Burfict but they didnt have to use a draft pick. The Broncos on the other hand will be giving up a first round.

Some guys are hoping the Broncos use their late first rounder on Revis. So the question is would you rather have Revis or Manti, who is unproven in the NFL and will also come with the hoax story drama. I said no on Revis yesterday, not because I dont think he will be a good CB for us but it will create problems and who would we move for him? We sure as hell wont move Harris and we dont dare ask Champ to play safety. So that will X out Revis and in the end I think the Jets will keep him.

I would love for us to trade with Carolina for Beason, that's my first wish. If not and Manti falls to us then fine, take the risk.

Beason has a cap number of $9.5 million and has missed the last two seasons with injury. Revis would be a good pick-up, but I have a suspicion he will refuse to sign a new deal in the hopes he can become the highest paid defender in the NFL the following offseason. Obviously, no contract extension=no trade. And if Te'o is on the board, we should take him.

LTC Pain
01-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Just take the best player available.

This x1000%. And do we really want a MLB calling our defense who can't tell the difference between a real and electronic woman? Then lies about it! I pass on Teo. There are other MLBs in later rounds we can have.

Northman
01-26-2013, 08:14 PM
This x1000%. And do we really want a MLB calling our defense who can't tell the difference between a real and electronic woman? Then lies about it! I pass on Teo. There are other MLBs in later rounds we can have.

Shhh, dont judge.

Signed,
DenBronx

Simple Jaded
01-26-2013, 10:04 PM
If other players can overcome DUI's, domestic violence, dog killing, vehicular homocide, murder cover-ups and general douchebaggery, I think Te'o can overcome being a complete idiot. Judge him all you want, all I care about is his ability to play football.......

Dzone
01-27-2013, 12:18 AM
For all idiots 13 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVVsDIv98TA

tomjonesrocks
01-27-2013, 12:30 AM
Denver doesn't need another circus. No media frenzies, no tabloid rags.

No.

Dirk
01-28-2013, 08:41 AM
I think he would be a crap shoot. He has some good intangibles but the NFL may be a little to fast for him. But you never know, he could adapt to the speed of the NFL. If there was another good player at a position of need I think I would take them over Te'o.