PDA

View Full Version : Marshall on talk radio

jrelway
08-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Brandon Marshall: There’s A Lot Of In-House Things Going On
August 20, 2009 – 9:00 am by Tas Melas

Very few know what’s going on inside the Broncos’ locker room, but if history tells us anything, there are issues which have alienated Marshall. We saw Jay Cutler go through incidents where he felt like an outsider and that eventually led to him being dealt. It seems inevitable that the same will happen with Marshall, and I’m sure this one is a little harder to take for Broncos fans. Cutler was good, but Brandon is great. He’s a franchise type receiver who has not peaked, and frankly, does not come around too often. This is the guy that can lead a team in receiving for ten years straight - a la Rod Smith, but better. And, it’s these internal issues beyond closed doors which are keeping Marshall from doing what he does on the field to the best of his abilities. If it’s not gonna work in Denver, everyone should move on because that skill set should not go to waste. Marshall joined The Michael Irvin Show to speak about how much he looks up to Irvin, his desire for a new contract, his recent acquittal in court, and why the case was handled poorly by the Broncos.

On bring acquitted of a battery charge:

“For the past year and a half, I’ve been swearing to the organization, the community, and everyone that was familiar was the case that I was innocent, that this is someone who was truly just trying to get money. You read about, oh, there’s 8, 9 incidents in these police reports, but that’s all her words, that’s all ‘He say, she say.’ Finally, this past week in front of a jury of my peers, and it finally was a fair stage, and we got a chance to present our side finally. ‘Cause you know with this, you never wanna go to the media and say, ‘This is what we got, she’s lying’ - that’s still more ‘He say, she say.’ So, we waited for this day and I was innocent.”

On the Broncos organization telling the players not to show their happiness for Marshall after he was acquitted:

“I truly was very, very, very disappointed, and kinda hurt a little bit too. This is an organization that I’ve been with the past three years and they kinda been there from with me since day one through all this drama with this lady. For that day to finally come and get acquitted of all charges, it was disappointing to hear that some of my teammates were coached to don’t say that they were happy for me. That added to the trust issues… I think there’s a lot of in-house things, a lot of personal things that are going on that everybody don’t know about. I rather not get in to that and I’d rather keep that behind closed doors.”

On his desire for a new contract:

“Personally, I think I’m one of the best, and that’s not just my ego, that’s just my work that I’ve put in on the field during the offseason. Those days in Florida when it’s 100 degrees and I’m out there by myself with my trainer; I’ve put in the work and deserve to get compensated for my work. But, when it comes down to the numbers, I think that goes on with the numbers guys for each team and my agent to discuss.”

On his love for Michael Irvin:

“When I was a little boy, my father took me to the Hall of Fame. Like I said earlier, I grew up in Pittsburgh, it was just a ride across the border and my dad took us a couple times. I never really understood it until I saw Michael Irvin get up there on that podium speak so passionate, so from the heart, it really touched me. I actually have that downloaded to my iPhone to this day, and sometimes before the games or sometimes when I’m feeling down, I just turn on my iPhone and watch that speech, it’s real moving. That’s when I really believed that this is a guy I can call anytime - I don’t care if it’s 1:00, 3:00, any situation and he will truly be there for me, and he’ll tell me when I’m right and tell me when I’m wrong. A guy like me, I need that guy and this is someone that’s been through the things that I’ve been through, and you see where he’s at now. I don’t think anyone can deny that he deserves everything that he has and I truly look up to him.”

OldschoolFreak
08-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Alright, just what we need. Another Brandon Marshall thread!

jrelway
08-20-2009, 01:55 PM
the more the better.

MHCBill
08-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Brandon Marshall is overrated!!!

Give me Eddie Royal eight days a week.

honz
08-20-2009, 02:08 PM

SMH. :tsk:

Thnikkaman
08-20-2009, 02:12 PM

Give me both.

jrelway
08-20-2009, 02:26 PM
marshall overrated? wow. just wow.

roomemp
08-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Brandon Marshall: There’s A Lot Of In-House Things Going On
August 20, 2009 – 9:00 am by Tas Melas

Very few know what’s going on inside the Broncos’ locker room, but if history tells us anything, there are issues which have alienated Marshall. We saw Jay Cutler go through incidents where he felt like an outsider and that eventually led to him being dealt. It seems inevitable that the same will happen with Marshall, and I’m sure this one is a little harder to take for Broncos fans. Cutler was good, but Brandon is great. He’s a franchise type receiver who has not peaked, and frankly, does not come around too often. This is the guy that can lead a team in receiving for ten years straight - a la Rod Smith, but better. And, it’s these internal issues beyond closed doors which are keeping Marshall from doing what he does on the field to the best of his abilities. If it’s not gonna work in Denver, everyone should move on because that skill set should not go to waste. Marshall joined The Michael Irvin Show to speak about how much he looks up to Irvin, his desire for a new contract, his recent acquittal in court, and why the case was handled poorly by the Broncos.

On bring acquitted of a battery charge:

“For the past year and a half, I’ve been swearing to the organization, the community, and everyone that was familiar was the case that I was innocent, that this is someone who was truly just trying to get money. You read about, oh, there’s 8, 9 incidents in these police reports, but that’s all her words, that’s all ‘He say, she say.’ Finally, this past week in front of a jury of my peers, and it finally was a fair stage, and we got a chance to present our side finally. ‘Cause you know with this, you never wanna go to the media and say, ‘This is what we got, she’s lying’ - that’s still more ‘He say, she say.’ So, we waited for this day and I was innocent.”

On the Broncos organization telling the players not to show their happiness for Marshall after he was acquitted:

“I truly was very, very, very disappointed, and kinda hurt a little bit too. This is an organization that I’ve been with the past three years and they kinda been there from with me since day one through all this drama with this lady. For that day to finally come and get acquitted of all charges, it was disappointing to hear that some of my teammates were coached to don’t say that they were happy for me. That added to the trust issues… I think there’s a lot of in-house things, a lot of personal things that are going on that everybody don’t know about. I rather not get in to that and I’d rather keep that behind closed doors.”

On his desire for a new contract:

“Personally, I think I’m one of the best, and that’s not just my ego, that’s just my work that I’ve put in on the field during the offseason. Those days in Florida when it’s 100 degrees and I’m out there by myself with my trainer; I’ve put in the work and deserve to get compensated for my work. But, when it comes down to the numbers, I think that goes on with the numbers guys for each team and my agent to discuss.”

On his love for Michael Irvin:

“When I was a little boy, my father took me to the Hall of Fame. Like I said earlier, I grew up in Pittsburgh, it was just a ride across the border and my dad took us a couple times. I never really understood it until I saw Michael Irvin get up there on that podium speak so passionate, so from the heart, it really touched me. I actually have that downloaded to my iPhone to this day, and sometimes before the games or sometimes when I’m feeling down, I just turn on my iPhone and watch that speech, it’s real moving. That’s when I really believed that this is a guy I can call anytime - I don’t care if it’s 1:00, 3:00, any situation and he will truly be there for me, and he’ll tell me when I’m right and tell me when I’m wrong. A guy like me, I need that guy and this is someone that’s been through the things that I’ve been through, and you see where he’s at now. I don’t think anyone can deny that he deserves everything that he has and I truly look up to him.”

Didn't Marshall just say yesterday that this was not about money :confused:

Lonestar
08-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Look he may have been acquitted of the charges but I think We all know he has beat up on her and his new fiancé whether it was justified or not..

And please do not the it as putting hands on any lady especially your girlfriend is OK..

She did not get a fat lip or bruises making love with him..

He hit/abused/restrained them/her and we all know it..

just because the girl friend was shown to be a money grubber does not make the blood and bruises go away..

the latest incident in ATL with the fiancé went away because she did not want to press charges but there where other witnesses and the police still could not do anything about it.. they were both arrested..

so lets get the I'm Innocent excrement off the table please we are all smarter than that.. being found not guilty only means there were one or more jurors that did not believe it beyond a reasonable doubt..

that is all..

NameUsedBefore
08-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Look he may have been acquitted of the charges but I think We all know he has beat up on her and his new fiancé whether it was justified or not..

I don't.

claymore
08-20-2009, 02:34 PM
He was aquitted by a jury of his peers. He is innocent. If you want to bash on women beaters start a Rod Smith thread.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Rod Smith taught Brandon Marshall all the wife beating tricks in the books. I heard they played a lot of Street Fighter (as Ken and Ryu) in order to figure out what tricks worked the best. Unfortunately, Marshall decided going Blanka on the ladies was the right thing to do. Oh!

honz
08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
He was aquitted by a jury of his peers. He is innocent. If you want to bash on women beaters start a Rod Smith thread.
Winnar.

Lonestar
08-20-2009, 02:43 PM
OK folks she beat her self up and then called the police.. yes that make sense..

it was not the cabby that called 911 when he restrained her trying to leave his place in DEN..

the witnesses in ATL were all wrong in seeing him and the new girl beating up on each other and the police magically appeared..

think about what Y'all are saying..

the guy is a great WR but beyond that he may not be worth the issues.. certainly is not worth a huge guaranteed contract.. not until he straightens up his act.. HIS ACT..

claymore
08-20-2009, 02:46 PM
OK folks she beat her self up and then called the police.. yes that make sense..

it was not the cabby that called 911 when he restrained her trying to leave his place in DEN..

the witnesses in ATL were all wrong in seeing him and the new girl beating up on each other and the police magically appeared..

the guy is a great WR but beyond that he may not be worth the issues.. certainly is not worth a huge guaranteed contract.. not until he straightens up his act.. HIS ACT..
Women can be crazy to Jr. Maybe it was her. Same woman that took him to court sent Goodell a letter stating Marshall never touched her.

Honestley If BM hit her, long term damage would have occured . Not bumps and bruises.

jrelway
08-20-2009, 02:48 PM

And please do not the it as putting hands on any lady especially your girlfriend is OK..

just because the girl friend was shown to be a money grubber does not make the blood and bruises go away..

the latest incident in ATL with the fiancé went away because she did not want to press charges but there where other witnesses and the police still could not do anything about it.. they were both arrested..

so lets get the I'm Innocent excrement off the table please we are all smarter than that.. being found not guilty only means there were one or more jurors that did not believe it beyond a reasonable doubt..

that is all..

and how do you know if marshall did beat them jr? were you there?

jrelway
08-20-2009, 02:50 PM

yes, she couldve hit herself to set marshall up. it aint that hard to do jr. i know you watched fight club. btw, this is the same woman that tried to get $$$ from marshall remember?

roomemp
08-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Maybe she is watching the movie Fight Club too much

honz
08-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I feel like watching the movie Fight Club for some reason.

Lonestar
08-20-2009, 03:03 PM
no I have not watched fight club or if I did, do not remember it..

that said wow I can not believe y'all are so far up his jock on this..

just because he is a great WR your willing to overlook all the police reports he has generated since coming to DEN..

And if she is beating up herself and blaming him, this moron continued to see her since 8th grade he is dumber than I could even comprehend..

please by all means believe that he has never laid his hands on a lady because the jury said in this case it was an acquittal..

WOW

broncophan
08-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Jesus.......................lets just get the guy traded...........so he can be some other teams' problem...........and we can move on....

I don't care if he catches 100 passes each season.......for the rest of his life...

BroncoWave
08-20-2009, 03:14 PM

just because he is a great WR your willing to overlook all the police reports he has generated since coming to DEN..

And if she is beating up herself and blaming him, this moron continued to see her since 8th grade he is dumber than I could even comprehend..

please by all means believe that he has never laid his hands on a lady because the jury said in this case it was an acquittal..

WOW

There is a scene in Fight Club in which the main character is about to be fired by his boss and he beats the crap out of himself in his boss' office so that when security gets there it will look like the boss did it.

I don't know what happened as I wasn't there (and nor were you) but it is entirely possible.

And please quit twisting people's words. No one said he has never laid his hands on a lady. We are saying that it's entirely possible that he didn't lay his hands on THIS lady in THIS case.

Lonestar
08-20-2009, 03:23 PM
There is a scene in Fight Club in which the main character is about to be fired by his boss and he beats the crap out of himself in his boss' office so that when security gets there it will look like the boss did it.

I don't know what happened as I wasn't there (and nor were you) but it is entirely possible.

And please quit twisting people's words. No one said he has never laid his hands on a lady. We are saying that it's entirely possible that he didn't lay his hands on THIS lady in THIS case.

OK I can see your point but my originalpost was this

"Look he may have been acquitted of the charges but I think We all know he has beat up on her and his new fiancé whether it was justified or not..

that is all.. "

I think he is an immature twit..

that had Mike, Pat, Rod all go to NYC with him and promise to the Commish he was not a bad kid..

the Commish gave him leniency and he promised to take an anger management course.. shortly thereafter he managed to get into a public brawl with his new fiancé..

He needs to be put in a cage after each days practice until game day :D

Somewhere he has no access to ladies.. after the season he need s a body guard to protect him from making stupid mistakes..

Maybe he needs to move in with his mother.. and she needs to bring him to from practice and the football field..:lol: cuts down on Drunk driving arrests..

NameUsedBefore
08-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Remember that lady carving a backwards B into her face during election season?

Yeah, I wouldn't think it impossible for a woman to beat herself up a bit and then accuse her man of doing it. As stated, I think if Marshall really hit her things would look a tad different.

claymore
08-20-2009, 03:41 PM

WOW

It has nothing to do with BM the reciever. It has to do with BM the American citizen. Your telling me you dont believe in America?

Dirk
08-20-2009, 04:52 PM
“Personally, I think I’m one of the best, and that’s not just my ego, that’s just my work that I’ve put in on the field during the offseason. Those days in Florida when it’s 100 degrees and I’m out there by myself with my trainer; I’ve put in the work and deserve to get compensated for my work.

Not the aquital....but that statement there blew me away more than anything....REALLY? REALLY? Then why is your lame ass sitting out with a hammy?

Put in the work my :mad:!

If he has put in the work and he faked the hammy....then suspend him and then trade him after he sits for a while.