PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Fear of failure best fuel for Denver Broncos in 2013

Denver Native (Carol)
01-24-2013, 03:17 PM
HONOLULU — To become Super Bowl champions, the Broncos need to learn one more thing from quarterback Peyton Manning:

Fear.

While Denver has established the talent base of a legitimate contender, the Broncos must approach next season as if it is their last, best shot to win the NFL title.

"I think you've got to play every year as if it's going to be your last," Manning told me Wednesday. "It's the only way to do it. It gives you a sense of urgency. And it's the smart approach. I've never been a big believer in the idea of 'We're going to put this play in to use two years from now.' Let's do it now."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22437672/mark-kiszla-fear-failure-best-fuel-denver-broncos

Cugel
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
If they couldn't play with any sense of urgency this season against the Ravens, I have no idea why we should expect next year to be any better.

Frankly, until they prove they aren't going to fall apart as soon as the post season starts, we might as well temper our expectations of this team.