PDA

View Full Version : John Elway still feels sting of Broncos' loss to Ravens

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2013, 08:42 PM
MOBILE, Ala. – If there are stages of grief for the end of an NFL season, John Elway isn't quite at the point of acceptance.

Elway's Denver Broncos lost in the divisional round to the Baltimore Ravens on Jan. 12, and it still seems hard for him to believe that the Ravens, and not the Broncos, will play in the Super Bowl.

As Elway sat in the stands at Ladd-Peebles Stadium watching Senior Bowl practices Wednesday, surveying for the first time the new crop of draft prospects, Elway said the sting of the sudden end of his team's season hasn't diminished.

"It won't go away until this season is over," Elway said.

rest - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/01/23/broncos-elway/1859975/

Chef Zambini
01-24-2013, 12:13 PM
weak reporting! pathetic article as it relates to the title. no questions or answers about how the team lost.
'elway sad", gosh what a revelation.
get back to us when he talks about the defensive positioning and the playcalling at the end of each half.

Northman
01-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Im over it. Seen those types of collapses before so while it sucks it happens and hopefully the team will be far more focused going into next year.

nyuk nyuk
01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
If we don't pick up where we left off, the season will be a total bust. We've improved every year for the past 3 years so we know where the next stop is.

MOtorboat
01-24-2013, 01:49 PM
weak reporting! pathetic article as it relates to the title. no questions or answers about how the team lost.
'elway sad", gosh what a revelation.
get back to us when he talks about the defensive positioning and the playcalling at the end of each half.

Why would Elway comment on any of that? He's an exec, not a coach.

Chef Zambini
01-25-2013, 09:37 AM
yes, elway is just an office clown, he doiesnt know shit about the game, why would his comments about the gameplan and execution have any value, my bad.
who cares what elwaY THINKS, MIGHT AS WELL ASK PAT b ABOUT OUR DEPLOYMENT OF THE SECONDARY, wtf was i thinking?
thanks mo for broinging me to my senses. elways opinion, hes just an exec, who cares !

Chef Zambini
01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
yes, elway is just an office clown, he doiesnt know shit about the game, why would his comments about the gameplan and execution have any value, my bad.
who cares what elwaY THINKS, MIGHT AS WELL ASK PAT b ABOUT OUR DEPLOYMENT OF THE SECONDARY, wtf was i thinkinhg?
thanks mo for broinging me to my senses. elways opinion, hes just an exec, who cares !

Dzone
01-25-2013, 10:14 AM
We would have won that damn game had Fox not been such a wuss..Im still pissed

NightTrainLayne
01-25-2013, 10:31 AM
who cares what elwaY THINKS, MIGHT AS WELL ASK PAT b ABOUT OUR DEPLOYMENT OF THE SECONDARY, wtf was i thinking?

Good grief. Mo asked a legitimate question. IMO, Elway is more than welcome to comment on coaching decisions, but I can understand someone asking whether or not it's a GM's place. No need for such a hostile response.

BroncoWave
01-25-2013, 10:34 AM
who cares what elwaY THINKS, MIGHT AS WELL ASK PAT b ABOUT OUR DEPLOYMENT OF THE SECONDARY, wtf was i thinkinhg?

You just don't know how football works at all do you? No GM in the world would openly comment to the media about the playcalling or defensive positioning that lost us a playoff game. That's a great way to undermine your coach. Do you just try to think of the dumbest opinion one could possibly have and go with that?

NightTrainLayne
01-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Lets not have this thread turn into a bunch of personal attacks please. There's no need for questioning other member's intelligence.

OrangeHoof
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Elway has always been a competitor and that's part of what made him great. So, of course, the loss bothers him and probably will more months. It will bother Peyton even longer I bet. It's not really news to report this yet, at the same time, reinforces to a certain segment of the fan base that he still takes losses personally. Anyone who knows the great competitors already understands this.

People like Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods have an inner drive that absolutely hates losing. You can't grow it. You're born with it but most of the greats have it. It's what motivates them to turn three-hour practices into five-hour practices whereas most of us would move on to something else after two hours.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 11:50 AM
I would hope he still feels the sting, since it was just a week after the loss when this article was written.

TXBRONC
01-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Why would Elway comment on any of that? He's an exec, not a coach.

It bares repeating, if Elway were to make critical comments on play calling and defensive positioning just underminds the coaching staff. It would also contridict what did just a week ago when Fox started taking flack for having Manning kneel down with 31 seconds left on the clock.