PDA

View Full Version : Elway, Fox consulted Peyton before promoting Gase to coordinator

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Most players don’t get a say in who will coach them. But most players are not Peyton Manning.

Manning is as important to the Broncos as any player is to any team, so it’s not surprising that Broncos front office boss John Elway confirmed that he and head coach John Fox consulted with Manning before making the decision to promote quarterbacks coach Adam Gase to offensive coordinator after Mike McCoy left to become the head coach in San Diego.

“We asked what [Manning thought],” Elway told USA Today. “There was no resistance there, let’s put it that way.”

rest - several places in article you can click on - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/23/elway-fox-consulted-peyton-before-promoting-gase-to-coordinator/

SR
01-23-2013, 08:36 PM
I still love the promotion.

Chef Zambini
01-25-2013, 04:05 PM
file this under "duh".

DenBronx
01-25-2013, 04:09 PM
file this under "duh".

That's what I thought too. Not sure why this even made news.....of course they would consult with Manning. Elway ultimately has the final decision in everything but I like how he doesnt ever let an ego get in the way of a decision, these guys all consult with each other to make sure it's the best thing for the team. We used to have a guy around here like that....his ass got McFired.