PDA

View Full Version : Dove Valley Days: Two rookie DBs on the rise

Lonestar
08-20-2009, 03:42 AM
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/20/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Despite his cast, safety Dawkins still making playsThe Broncos continue to show progress in their rookie class with safety Darcel McBath, right, and cornerback Alphonso Smith lining up with the starting defense Wednesday morning to fill in for veterans Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey. Bailey was given the morning off while Dawkins, who has been practicing with a cast on his fractured right hand, has only participated in one practice each time the Broncos have had two-a-days since he returned to the field. Smith has had plenty of snaps as the team's nickel corner. McBath overtook rookie David Bruton on the depth chart to line up as Dawkins' backup. Dawkins and Bailey were back for the evening practice. Jeff Legwold, The Denver Post/John Leyba, The Denver Post

Lapping the field

There is a sure sign when things are not going correctly during a Broncos practice these days. Take a lap and it's clear you have made a mistake. Bad snap? Quarterback and center take a lap. Penalty? Take a lap. But Wednesday's morning practice amounted to a first, however, when coach Josh McDaniels sent the entire defense on a lap of the field. McDaniels, unhappy with how the defense was getting things done in a team drill — the group had trouble getting lined up — sent all of the players around the field, including the ones who were not even in the drill and were just along the sideline.

SoCalImport
08-20-2009, 04:33 AM
when coach Josh McDaniels sent the entire defense on a lap of the field.

Wonder if that included Nolan.

Dirk
08-20-2009, 05:33 AM
I think it's great that McD is trying to hold the players to some sort of accountability. It isn't much but a little sometimes goes a long way in the players minds.

Dean
08-20-2009, 08:54 AM
I think it's great that McD is trying to hold the players to some sort of accountability. It isn't much but a little sometimes goes a long way in the players minds.

Any and all of them can be released and out of a job at any moment with or without cause. I would say that is extreme accountability.

Dirk
08-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Any and all of them can be released and out of a job at any moment with or without cause. I would say that is extreme accountability.

Ha!

Good! Keep that in the back of their minds! Play hard fellas!! Play hard!