PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Personnel Decisions Lie Ahead For Elway & The Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2013, 01:12 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – John Elway has been down this lonely road before.

The quarterback-turned-front office executive has now been a part of two playoff runs that ended not in the confetti-filled celebration expected of the AFC’s No. 1 seed but with a painful introspection about what all went wrong in a stunningly early exit from the postseason party.

Elway experienced it as a player in 1996, when the Denver Broncos were upset at home by the Jacksonville Jaguars, 30-27, then bounced back to win the next two Super Bowls.

rest - good article - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/01/15/multiple-personnel-decisions-lie-ahead-for-elway-the-broncos/

slim
01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
I think they have to cut Rahim Moore.....have to.

Krugan
01-21-2013, 01:29 PM
I think they need to re-evaluate how they play the final 3 minutes of a game with a lead.

Both sides of the ball.

NightTerror218
01-21-2013, 01:37 PM
I am glad they got a new DB coach.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2013, 02:08 PM

I don't see that happening. If none of the other mistakes, by other players had not happened during the game, the Ravens would have been buried, and that play would have not mattered.

slim
01-21-2013, 02:14 PM
I don't see that happening. If none of the other mistakes, by other players had not happened during the game, the Ravens would have been buried, and that play would have not mattered.

But the play did matter. It mattered a lot. Like the difference between winning and losing.

He tried to be a hero instead of just doing his job. You think his teammates didn't notice that?

Dzone
01-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Keep Rahim Moore but fire John Fox!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2013, 02:18 PM
But the play did matter. It mattered a lot. Like the difference between winning and losing.

He tried to be a hero instead of just doing his job. You think his teammates didn't notice that?

Every mistake made in that game mattered. Every mistake could have been the difference between winning and losing. I have posted twice where Carter admitted that he was suppose to bump the receiver off the line of scrimmage, but he did not.

Krugan
01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
My question, regarding that final play, is simply, Why was the CB dropping off anyway.

30 seconds left 70 yards to go, and the D wasnt playing deep. That has to be a call from someone other than moore, although he should have been in better position it was a breakdown on the call.

SR
01-21-2013, 02:37 PM

Won't happen.

SR
01-21-2013, 02:37 PM
I think they need to re-evaluate how they play the final 3 minutes of a game with a lead.

Both sides of the ball.

Ill get on board with this. I want the Broncos to be like the Pats in this aspect.

SR
01-21-2013, 02:38 PM

Then by your logic they might as well cut Champ too. And hell, since Manning audibled to a run on third and seven with the game on the line, he might as well pack up his shit too. Right?

Nomad
01-21-2013, 02:40 PM
I say cut Miller, Dumervil and Wolfe, they didn't do their job of putting Flacco on his ass all game.

Buff
01-21-2013, 02:43 PM

I realize its completely irrational to cut a 2nd round pick, who is a serviceable starter, based on one play... But I still want to cut his ass.

slim
01-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Every mistake made in that game mattered. Every mistake could have been the difference between winning and losing. I have posted twice where Carter admitted that he was suppose to bump the receiver off the line of scrimmage, but he did not.

~Sighs.

Well, Rahim's only responsibility on that play is to make sure a reciever does not get behind him. Instead of playing an obvious prevent situation the way he's supposed to, he decided he would rather be a hero and play for the interception. There is no excuse for putting yourself in front of the team in that situation. None. Period.

slim
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Then by your logic they might as well cut Champ too. And hell, since Manning audibled to a run on third and seven with the game on the line, he might as well pack up his shit too. Right?

No, Champ got beat. It happens. Completely different than what happened on 3rd and 70.

Manning didn't audible to the run.

slim
01-21-2013, 02:54 PM
I realize its completely irrational to cut a 2nd round pick, who is a serviceable starter, based on one play... But I still want to cut his ass.

I don't think it's irrational at all.

I would have cut him the minute the game ended.

SR
01-21-2013, 02:56 PM
No, Champ got beat. It happens. Completely different than what happened on 3rd and 70.

Manning didn't audible to the run.

You're contradicting yourself.

And Manning called the run on 3rd and 7.

slim
01-21-2013, 02:57 PM
You're contradicting yourself.

And Manning called the run on 3rd and 7.

How?

No he didn't. The play came from the sideline. Watch it again.

slim
01-21-2013, 03:15 PM
MO, throw up some screen shots from you fancy pants NFL.com thingy and break that play down.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2013, 03:38 PM
How?

I think it was Gase who stated that 2 or 3 plays will come in from the sideline, and Manning has the choice which to run, based on the defense, etc.

slim
01-21-2013, 03:39 PM
I think it was Gase who stated that 2 or 3 plays will come in from the sideline, and Manning has the choice which to run, based on the defense, etc.

Normally, but not in that situation. Manninig never changed the play, it's pretty obvious if you watch it.

SR
01-21-2013, 03:49 PM
How?

Are you unaware of what Peyton said regarding that play?

slim
01-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Are you unaware of what Peyton said regarding that play?

I heard what he said. Do you really think he is going to blame someone else? He is way to classy for that.

The call came from the sideline. MO, break it down.

SR
01-21-2013, 03:54 PM
I heard what he said. Do you really think he is going to blame someone else? He is way to classy for that.

The call came from the sideline. MO, break it down.

Either way, and the point I was trying to make before you got hung up on semantics, was that your logic sucks.

slim
01-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Either way, and the point I was trying to make before you got hung up on semantics, was that your logic sucks.

Apples/Oranges.

My logic is fine. Whether it was Manning's call or someone else’s, it was a call that a lot of NFL people would make (too conservative for me, but it wasn't a game changer). Moore's play as the game changer of all game changers. It wasn’t a mental mistake, he didn’t get beat physically, he simply decided he wanted to be the hero.

Carter had the under coverage and Rahim was supposed to be over the top (kind of the safeties’ job). He decided to play for an interception instead. He put himself in front of the team. Not sure why you want to give him a pass for that.

Jsteve01
01-21-2013, 04:36 PM

Apples/Oranges.

My logic is fine. Whether it was Manning's call or someone else’s, it was a call that a lot of NFL people would make (too conservative for me, but it wasn't a game changer). Moore's play as the game changer of all game changers. It wasn’t a mental mistake, he didn’t get beat physically, he simply decided he wanted to be the hero.

Carter had the under coverage and Rahim was supposed to be over the top (kind of the safeties’ job). He decided to play for an interception instead. He put himself in front of the team. Not sure why you want to give him a pass for that. wow did he put himself above the team or misplay thr ball? No way i cut a kid who improved immensely this year. CHAMP and peyton actually had much worse games than rahim. Speculation aside

Timmy!
01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
As much as I want Moore's head on a stake we shouldnt cut him. He will have to earn his redemption though. I swead to god if he keeps calling himself "the dream" in player intros next year i will lose it.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
wow did he put himself above the team or misplay thr ball? No way i cut a kid who improved immensely this year. CHAMP and peyton actually had much worse games than rahim. Speculation aside

And Prater's ridiculous attempt on the FG

slim
01-21-2013, 04:45 PM
wow did he put himself above the team or misplay thr ball? No way i cut a kid who improved immensely this year. CHAMP and peyton actually had much worse games than rahim. Speculation aside

How can you blame Champ, he has old ligaments :hi:

If you want to believe he misplayed the ball, good for you. But he was obviously out of position. I blame it on his ego, more than anything.

topscribe
01-21-2013, 04:46 PM

And Peyton's OT INT was the difference between winning and losing. And the
kneel down. And the phantom PIs on Bailey and Carter. And the incompleted
completion to Boldin. And . . . and . . .

Read McGeorge's report about Rahim on MHR (http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/1/17/3888392/throw-the-baby-out-with-the-bathwater). Rahim made a terrible play based
on bad but very correctable technique -- which apparently weighed heavily in
the decision to fire Milus because he should have been teaching that.

Rahim was a tackling machine this year, and he's fast -- very fast. He's just
coming into his own. To jettison him could possibly end up being one of the
all-time gaffs in the history of personnel decisions in Broncos history, IMO.

SR
01-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Apples/Oranges.

Carter had the under coverage and Rahim was supposed to be over the top (kind of the safeties’ job). He decided to play for an interception instead. He put himself in front of the team. Not sure why you want to give him a pass for that.

Carter also was admittedly supposed to bump him at the line and he didn't. Maybe he would've been where he needed to be if he jammed like he was supposed to. I'm not giving Moore a free pass. He ****** up. But to say we should cut him for that is ridiculous.

SR
01-21-2013, 04:57 PM
How can you blame Champ, he has old ligaments :hi:

If you want to believe he misplayed the ball, good for you. But he was obviously out of position. I blame it on his ego, more than anything.

He wasn't out of position. He slowed down drastically to try to make a play on the ball and intercept it. But he wasn't out of position. He did misplay the ball.

slim
01-21-2013, 07:31 PM
He wasn't out of position. He slowed down drastically to try to make a play on the ball and intercept it. But he wasn't out of position. He did misplay the ball.

LOL. OK :noidea:

He was supposed to be over the top. That is kind of his job, by definition.

SR
01-21-2013, 07:46 PM
LOL. OK :noidea:

He was supposed to be over the top. That is kind of his job, by definition.

He was fine until he made a bad break on the ball. Had he not made the bad break and gone for the pick, he would've been right with the WR.

slim
01-21-2013, 07:49 PM
He was fine until he made a bad break on the ball. Had he not made the bad break and gone for the pick, he would've been right with the WR.

Yeah, that is kind of my point. He went for the ball instead of doing his job. It was selfish and cost us the game.

Buff
01-21-2013, 08:01 PM

He shouldn't have been right with the WR. He was playing safety, not corner. He should have been deeper than the deepest. He was out of position.

SR
01-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Yeah, that is kind of my point. He went for the ball instead of doing his job. It was selfish and cost us the game.

There were other things leading up to that and after that that cost Denver the game just as much, if not more than that play. MY point is you're being totally unfair to Rahim Moore and placing the blame solely on him when it's not solely his fault Denver lost. And at this point, we are going in circles. Adios.

SR
01-21-2013, 08:03 PM
He shouldn't have been right with the WR. He was playing safety, not corner. He should have been deeper than the deepest. He was out of position.

After he made a break on the ball, yes he was out of position. And a safety doesn't always need to be deeper than the deepest WR. And as I previously stated Tony Carter was supposed to jam Jones at the line and he didn't. That was the first breakdown in the chain of events.

slim
01-21-2013, 08:06 PM
After he made a break on the ball, yes he was out of position. And a safety doesn't always need to be deeper than the deepest WR. And as I previously stated Tony Carter was supposed to jam Jones at the line and he didn't. That was the first breakdown in the chain of events.

The safety ALWAYS needs to be deeper than any WR in a prevent situation. Always.

SR
01-21-2013, 08:10 PM
The safety ALWAYS needs to be deeper than any WR in a prevent situation. Always.

So Moore should have been standing in the end zone. Got it.

slim
01-21-2013, 08:11 PM

I am going to troll anyone that brings his name up in a positive light. That is now my purpose in life.

slim
01-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah, it wasn't his fault.

"I think I got a little too happy," said Moore, admitting he was going for the interception that would've made him a hero, rather than playing sound defensive technique. "I misjudged it, man."

Read more: Mark Kiszla: Rahim Moore "taking the blame" for his epic blunder - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22364246/mark-kiszla-rahim-moore-taking-blame#ixzz2IfAY5ORA
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

SR
01-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah, it wasn't his fault.

I never denied he screwed the pooch. There is a difference between being in the wrong position and making a bad break on the ball. And if your MO is being a troll, don't be offended when I call you a douchebag. Mkay?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Capitalizing on turnovers: The Ravens pulled off the upset on Justin Tucker's 47-yard field goal with 13 minutes, 18 seconds remaining in the second overtime. The winning score was set up by Corey Graham's second interception of Peyton Manning. The Ravens converted 17 points off three Denver turnovers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/tag/_/name/torrey-smith

I think everything needs to be considered in the loss.

NightTrainLayne
01-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Moore was out of position long before he made a bad break on the ball. He misplayed his position right from the snap IMO.

MOtorboat
01-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Ugh.

:woosah:

I just watched it again for the sake of this thread. That was, by far, the worst safety play of the year. I don't even buy his "I went for the interception" excuse. That's bull. He ****** up. Big time. He was out of position and he made a bad play on the ball.

Chidoze
01-21-2013, 11:40 PM
I think they should re-sign him & move him to safety.... oh wait... :confused:

Chidoze
01-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Ugh.

:woosah:

I just watched it again for the sake of this thread. That was, by far, the worst safety play of the year. I don't even buy his "I went for the interception" excuse. That's bull. He ****** up. Big time. He was out of position and he made a bad play on the ball.
Yea it WAS terrible. He was 5-10 yards in FRONT of Jones when he "went for the interception". He put himself out of position & then misjudged the ball. That play decided the game.

Dapper Dan
01-22-2013, 05:04 AM
If Manning doesn't fumble, we win. He lost us the game. If it would have happened at the end of the game, people might care. Somehow giving up a possession only matters at the end. Somehow you don't lose that possession or any resulting points.

I guess you can't really blame that Moore play. It wasn't late enough. Find something in quarter 2 of overtime to blame. Then cut someone.

rationalfan
01-22-2013, 10:03 AM
this thread is reason #219 why i'm glad fans aren't GMs (myself included).

BroncoWave
01-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Slim you have gone off the deep end. Wanting to cut a productive starter because of one bad play is just batshit crazy. If that were how things worked every player on the team would get cut by the end of the season.

Now if this just completely mentally wrecks him and he's never the same then fine, get rid of him down the road. But there is every bit as good a chance that he actually learns from it and becomes an even better player in the future.

Thankfully John Elway is paid to make these decisions and not you.

TXBRONC
01-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Won't happen.

It could happen but it seems highly unlikely. Elway just fired the secondary coach that speaks volumes as who they blamed for the break downs in coverage.

Dapper Dan
01-22-2013, 11:14 AM
It could happen but it seems highly unlikely. Elway just fired the secondary coach that speaks volumes as who they blamed for the break downs in coverage.

I still think the guy is gone regardless. His contract was not renewed. JDR's guy was there waiting for a reason.

topscribe
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
I still think the guy is gone regardless. His contract was not renewed. JDR's guy was there waiting for a reason.
I wouldn't think a contract not being renewed all of a week or two after the
final game is a solid sign a player is gone. A better sign would be if he shows
up at the OTAs . . .

TXBRONC
01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
up at the OTAs . . .

He's talking about Milus the former secondary coach.

Dapper Dan
01-22-2013, 12:33 PM
up at the OTAs . . .

He's talking about Milus the secondary coach.

Yeah, sorry. The DB coach, not Moore.

TXBRONC
01-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Yeah, sorry. The DB coach, not Moore.

I have to admit at first I thought you were also talking about Moore then it finally dawned on me you meant Milus.

topscribe
01-22-2013, 12:36 PM
He's talking about Milus the former secondary coach.
Thanks. So much for reading comprehension . . .

Dapper Dan
01-22-2013, 12:40 PM

It's okay. Sometimes I just don't words very well.

TXBRONC
01-22-2013, 12:43 PM

Thank you.

slim
01-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Slim you have gone off the deep end. Wanting to cut a productive starter because of one bad play is just batshit crazy. If that were how things worked every player on the team would get cut by the end of the season.

Now if this just completely mentally wrecks him and he's never the same then fine, get rid of him down the road. But there is every bit as good a chance that he actually learns from it and becomes an even better player in the future.

Thankfully John Elway is paid to make these decisions and not you.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

VonMiller58
01-26-2013, 07:54 PM

Despite that play, he progressed well this year. If everyone got cut from a bad play, there wouldn't be many players still on their respective teams. You can only hope he's learned from that play, and will strive to become a smarter DB.

MOtorboat
01-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Despite that play, he progressed well this year. If everyone got cut from a bad play, there wouldn't be many players still on their respective teams. You can only hope he's learned from that play, and will strive to become a smarter DB.

There are bad plays, and Bill Buckners.

He made a Bill Buckner.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I could understand the reasoning behind cutting him.

Simple Jaded
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Pro Football Focus graded Rahim Moore out as the 10th best overall S, so by all means let's cut him. Ya know, we gotta make room at S for the Top5 CB.

It worked on Madden '13.......

SR
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Pro Football Focus graded Rahim Moore out as the 10th best overall S, so by all means let's cut him. Ya know, we gotta make room at S for the Top5 CB.

It worked on Madden '13.......

Moore had a really good and hugely improved season. The people that are crying for him to be cut because of the one play aren't exactly the most bright people here. Moore and Adams are good enough. Some day people will realize we don't need All-Pro players at every position to win games and win the Super Bowl

Simple Jaded
01-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Moore had a really good and hugely improved season. The people that are crying for him to be cut because of the one play aren't exactly the most bright people here. Moore and Adams are good enough. Some day people will realize we don't need All-Pro players at every position to win games and win the Super Bowl

Say you consider the gaffe just too egregious to overlook, considering there will be 5-6 draft choices and 5-6 free agents, and considering there will be, at best, 3-4 new starters among them.......does it make the best sense to be replacing starters that don't need replacing?

This is he kind of one-step-backwards-one-step-forwards thinking that got Josh McDaniels fired (only his results were one-step-backwards-no-step-forwards).

I could see if the move made cap sense but he's making 2nd round money.......

SR
01-26-2013, 10:04 PM
It makes no sense to cut him

Davii
01-26-2013, 11:03 PM

None.

Dapper Dan
01-26-2013, 11:07 PM

None.

Zero.

Dzone
01-27-2013, 01:01 AM
Did you mean to say multiple personalities?

Kyle williams goof last year was worse than rahims and he is in the super bowl...redemption is always the sweetest reward

Simple Jaded
01-27-2013, 02:52 AM
Did you mean to say multiple personalities?

Kyle williams goof last year was worse than rahims and he is in the super bowl...redemption is always the sweetest reward

Williams' gaffe wasn't worse, imo. Not even close.......

SR
01-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Williams' gaffe wasn't worse, imo. Not even close.......

Not once, but twice he screwed the pooch. Williams' gaffes were worse IMO. And he'll have a ring a week from today.

slim
01-27-2013, 12:10 PM
You guys are delusional.

Dapper Dan
01-27-2013, 12:14 PM
You guys are delusional.

You're in a food-induced coma.

Simple Jaded
01-28-2013, 04:02 AM
Not once, but twice he screwed the pooch. Williams' gaffes were worse IMO. And he'll have a ring a week from today.

Williams made mistakes any pro could make, Moore made mistakes no pro should make.......

SR
01-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Williams made mistakes any pro could make, Moore made mistakes no pro should make.......

Yet people here were willing to crucify Holliday for doing a similar thing in a regular season gameZ

slim
01-28-2013, 08:22 AM
You're in a food-induced coma.

I like food.

slim
01-28-2013, 08:35 AM

Yeah, some mistakes are worse than others.

Moore didn't "just make a mistake". He made the most egregious, offensive, abhorrent, ass backwards, bone headed, shit-for-brains, nonsensical, preposterous, comical, asinine, non-play in Denver Bronco history.

It is the type of play that will never be forgotten. Ever.

Bill Buckner, Steve Bartman and Rahim Moore. Like three peas in a pod.

Dapper Dan
01-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Rahim Moore's mistake was basically worth 7 points. Peyton Manning's int and fumble were possible 14 point swings.

SR
01-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Rahim Moore's mistake was basically worth 7 points. Peyton Manning's int and fumble were possible 14 point swings.

Two INTs. One was a pick six so that's a 14 poit swing right there.

Dapper Dan
01-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Two INTs. One was a pick six so that's a 14 point swing right there.

Good thing they don't keep score. If they did, Peyton Manning's mistakes would have been worse than Rahim Moores.

topscribe
01-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Good thing they don't keep score. If they did, Peyton Manning's mistakes would have been worse than Rahim Moores.
Manning's mistake (singular). The pick six was on the officiating. It was tipped
by Decker's one free hand as the other was being held down by the defender.
Manning threw a pinpoint pass that would have been completed, if not for the
interference that the officials ignored.

SR
01-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Manning's mistake (singular). The pick six was on the officiating. It was tipped
by Decker's one free hand as the other was being held down by the defender.
Manning threw a pinpoint pass that would have been completed, if not for the
interference that the officials ignored.

Potatoes patatoes. The score sheet shows a pick six. Like I've said, the game should never be won or lost by officiating and this is no exception

topscribe
01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Potatoes patatoes. The score sheet shows a pick six. Like I've said, the game should never be won or lost by officiating and this is no exception
I always said that . . . until this game. In my 50+ years of football, this was the
worst officiated game I have ever seen, and that includes the scab games. In
this case, I do not hesitate to say the refs were instrumental in that loss.

Nonetheless, that is a general reference to a specific issue. The fact is, Manning
threw a dart to Decker that Decker very likely would have caught, had the
defender not been holding down one arm. The score sheet shows the interception,
but it does not reveal the facts in that case. It was interference, or at least
holding, that was not called. The score sheet says that Manning threw an
interception, but reality says the officials blew that one. Give the refs 7 points.
The Ravens won by 3.

Simple Jaded
01-28-2013, 09:11 PM

Nobody made worse mistakes than Moore, Manning coulda defended that Hail Mary that Moore puked on. Manning had the game ending Int, not making excuses, but both fumbles and the first Int were complete bullshit.......

SR
01-28-2013, 09:35 PM
I always said that . . . until this game. In my 50+ years of football, this was the
worst officiated game I have ever seen, and that includes the scab games. In
this case, I do not hesitate to say the refs were instrumental in that loss.

Nonetheless, that is a general reference to a specific issue. The fact is, Manning
threw a dart to Decker that Decker very likely would have caught, had the
defender not been holding down one arm. The score sheet shows the interception,
but it does not reveal the facts in that case. It was interference, or at least
holding, that was not called. The score sheet says that Manning threw an
interception, but reality says the officials blew that one. Give the refs 7 points.
The Ravens won by 3.

You can't look at it like that. If that were the only mistake Denver made the whole game, that point of view would be totally accurate...but it wasn't and its not.

topscribe
01-28-2013, 10:06 PM
You can't look at it like that. If that were the only mistake Denver made the whole game, that point of view would be totally accurate...but it wasn't and its not.
And if that were the only call the officials had blown, that would be totally
inaccurate. But it wasn't. They were blowing calls throughout the entire game.

I know the Broncos played a big part in the loss on both sides of the lines. I nearly
tore both hairs out of my head. So I didn't say the refs were THE cause of the
loss. I said they were a significant part of it. I don't know how that can be denied.

slim
01-29-2013, 10:45 AM

Manning's "mistakes" are common, fairly benign NFL type mistakes. They are not hard to understand and are easily forgivable.

Rahim Moore crapped down his leg when the game was essentially over. It was over...the Broncos had won. The only way they lose that game is the safety somehow plays 20 yards in front of the effing WR, instead of playing the prevent defense that was called. That is high school type shit and there is no effing reason it should happen on an NFL field. Ever. Period.

It is not understandable and it is not forgivable.

I’m really not sure why we are even having this discussion.

Mike
01-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Denver is a rough place to play. I don't know how the guy lives this down. I am not saying he should be cut. It will be interesting to see how his mind handles what happened and how the fans respond to him. If Denver could get fair value for him I would be for trading him though. I just am on the skeptical end of him bouncing back from this.

Davii
01-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Denver is a rough place to play. I don't know how the guy lives this down. I am not saying he should be cut. It will be interesting to see how his mind handles what happened and how the fans respond to him. If Denver could get fair value for him I would be for trading him though. I just am on the skeptical end of him bouncing back from this.

If Rahim plays lights out next year, pro bowl, and blows a coverage while we're up by 60 in a meaningless season ender, how do the fans react?

Mike
01-29-2013, 11:01 AM
If Rahim plays lights out next year, pro bowl, and blows a coverage while we're up by 60 in a meaningless season ender, how do the fans react?

Fine...until his next screwup. :lol:

Buff
01-29-2013, 11:14 AM

Slim will kill Moore and then himself.

BigDaddyBronco
01-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Slim will kill Moore and then himself.

Slim would have a heart attack while killing Moore.

SR
01-29-2013, 11:39 AM

Why? Look at this season compared with last season and how he bounced back from that. I have no doubt that Rahim will be improved next season just as he was this season.

Mike
01-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Why? Look at this season compared with last season and how he bounced back from that. I have no doubt that Rahim will be improved next season just as he was this season.

Hope you are right. Bouncing back from a rough rookie season is not comparable to what happened though. Add in the fans inevitable reaction when he takes the field and makes mistakes....

slim
01-29-2013, 12:03 PM

Let's keep it real in here. He is not a pro bowl caliber safety. Not even close.

He is a below average NFL safety with shit for brains. You guys make it sound like he is irreplaceable. Shit, he could be replaced in 10 seconds.

slim
01-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Slim would have a heart attack while killing Moore.

It would be worth it.

Ravage!!!
01-29-2013, 12:05 PM
am I the only one that read the title to be something about "multiple personalities?"

Dapper Dan
01-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Let's keep it real in here. He is not a pro bowl caliber safety. Not even close.

He is a below average NFL safety with shit for brains. You guys make it sound like he is irreplaceable. Shit, he could be replaced in 10 seconds.

Then why hasn't he been replaced? Are Fox and Elway complete idiots? You should write them a letter. Their 10 seconds has passed.

slim
01-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Then why hasn't he been replaced? Are Fox and Elway complete idiots? You should write them a letter. Their 10 seconds has passed.

Who says he hasn't been?

SR
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM

After two years, one of which he had zero off-season program, you feel safe making that call because of your emotional reaction to one play?

slim
01-29-2013, 01:19 PM
After two years, one of which he had zero off-season program, you feel safe making that call because of your emotional reaction to one play?

Yeah, he is an average (or slightly below average) NFL safety. That is what he is.

I felt that about him before he pissed all over himself, FWIW.

SR
01-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Yeah, he is an average (or slightly below average) NFL safety. That is what he is.

I felt that about him before he pissed all over himself, FWIW.

Well it's one thing if you felt that way pre "The Pass".

Dapper Dan
01-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Who says he hasn't been?

Who replaced him?

Simple Jaded
01-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Well it's one thing if you felt that way pre "The Pass".

I heard someone call it the "Fail Mary", lmao.......