PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumor with Kansas City

redfish
08-19-2009, 08:56 PM
From another site league sources have confirmed that Denver & KC have had prelimanary talks about a possible trade involving Brandon Marshall for Brodie Croyle and a 3rd round pick.

Maybe this is the bombshell that has been mentioned. Has anybody heard of this?

******EDIT BY Tned******

As I am a scout.com subscriber (actually, got an email today that it renewed), I was able to login and confirm this.

They say that while two AFC west teams making a trade would be unlikely, a league source has said there is preliminary talk between the two teams (and that McDaniels and Pioli might be willing to deal). They say Marshall for Croyle and a 2010 pick, most likely the 2nd they got for Tony G.

http://kan.scout.com/2/889926.html

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 08:57 PM
YAWN

It would take a lot more than a 3rd string QB and a 3rd round pick to land Marshall.

TXBRONC
08-19-2009, 08:58 PM
:spam4::spam4::spam4::spam4::spam4::spam4:

redfish
08-19-2009, 09:03 PM
YAWN

It would take a lot more than a 3rd string QB and a 3rd round pick to land Marshall.

Croyle is not a 3rd string QB. He was the starter before the knee injury and is the clear 2nd and some have reported he is pushing Cassel. He looked really good in the first pre-season game and outplayed Cassel by a good bit.

redfish
08-19-2009, 09:05 PM
:spam4::spam4::spam4::spam4::spam4::spam4:

dude, not spaming at all. Just passing along some info and wondering if it has been talked about at all. Croyle is far more talented than Orten or Simms if can just stay healthy.

dogfish
08-19-2009, 09:12 PM
link?

the site isn't bleacher report, is it?

girler
08-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Unless there is another John Elway out there, one basic qb is just as good as another, so since we've got 2, we're full up.

redfish
08-19-2009, 09:16 PM
link?

the site isn't bleacher report, is it?

No that's just a site were anyone can post an article. It's actually from a premium content site and if I say more it might deleted by mods if this board is like others.

Tned
08-19-2009, 09:18 PM
No that's just a site were anyone can post an article. It's actually from a premium content site and if I say more it might deleted by mods if this board is like others.

Even if you don't post the full article, you can post the site, as some of us might be members of the same premium site.

redfish
08-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Unless there is another John Elway out there, one basic qb is just as good as another, so since we've got 2, we're full up.

Well Croyle's arm is far from basic. He has a cannon and a ton of talent. If he had an o-line that kept him upright he might surprise some people.

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
ohhhh so its a "pay" site I get it now.

slim
08-19-2009, 09:21 PM
His wife is hot.

NickelTG
08-19-2009, 09:22 PM
That trade would definitely complete the broncos off season saga.

redfish
08-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Even if you don't post the full article, you can post the site, as some of us might be members of the same premium site.

All right then, it is from Warpaint Illustrated. They claim to have heard from league sources that there have been some talks.

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 09:26 PM
not sure that Pat would allow as trade within the division.. but who the hell knows anymore..

redfish
08-19-2009, 09:29 PM
not sure that Pat would allow as trade within the division.. but who the hell knows anymore..

That was mentioned in the article that an interdivision trade is rare, but that Pioli & Mcdaniels have a good relationship and obvious history so who knows.

SR
08-19-2009, 09:30 PM
I think it's dumb to even think that our upper level management would be dumb enough to trade a WR of Marshall's caliber within the division. That would be akin to trading Jay Cuter to the Raiders...

...beside that, Bowe is a ******* badass receiver anyway.

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 09:31 PM
The same WPI that lost all of their inside sources with the regime change and the same WPI that Pioli just smacked down?

Tned
08-19-2009, 09:33 PM
All right then, it is from Warpaint Illustrated. They claim to have heard from league sources that there have been some talks.

As I am a scout.com subscriber (actually, got an email today that it renewed), I was able to login and confirm this.

They say that while to AFC west teams making a trade would be unlikely, a league source has said there is preliminary talk between the two teams (and that McDaniels and Pioli might be willing to deal). They say Marshall for Croyle and a 2010 pick, most likely the 2nd they got for Tony G.

redfish
08-19-2009, 09:36 PM
I think it's dumb to even think that our upper level management would be dumb enough to trade a WR of Marshall's caliber within the division. That would be akin to trading Jay Cuter to the Raiders...

That would be the conventional wisdom, but it has been a crazy offseason for the broncos. Bowe is good but in Haley's doghouse at the moment and after him there is nothing at wr. Cassel is not good enough to carry a team with no talent. I can't believe they payed him 63 million.

Tned
08-19-2009, 09:37 PM

The article mentions Bowe as one reason they might consider it. He has fallen from first team to third in the last two weeks, but even with that, they are saying the combo of Bowe and Marshall could go a long way to help the struggling Cassel.

Anyway, we all know that these types of rumors typically have no legs, but it is out there.

redfish
08-19-2009, 09:38 PM

They say that while to AFC west teams making a trade would be unlikely, a league source has said there is preliminary talk between the two teams (and that McDaniels and Pioli might be willing to deal). They say Marshall for Croyle and a 2010 pick, most likely the 2nd they got for Tony G.

My bad it's a 2nd. I read it earlier today and thought it said 3rd.

Tned
08-19-2009, 09:44 PM
My bad it's a 2nd. I read it earlier today and thought it said 3rd.

No problem, thanks for the heads up on this. I think a trade between KC and Denver is very unlikely, but this offseason, anything goes.

dogfish
08-19-2009, 09:45 PM

well that would be ****ing stupid. . . .

TXBRONC
08-19-2009, 09:46 PM
My apologizes. However this still doesn't seem plausible.

Tned
08-19-2009, 09:54 PM
My apologizes. However this still doesn't seem plausible.

I think this teaches ALL of us a lesson about flaming new posters (happened yesterday too) assuming the worst. We were all new to this forum once, and I like to think that unlike some forums, we welcome new members and assume the best, first.

Anyway, that mini-rant out of the way, I also think it is very unlikely.

redfish
08-19-2009, 10:01 PM
I think this teaches ALL of us a lesson about flaming new posters (happened yesterday too) assuming the worst. We were all new to this forum once, and I like to think that unlike some forums, we welcome new members and assume the best, first.

Anyway, that mini-rant out of the way, I also think it is very unlikely.

Well if this trade does happen I will have to come around and root for my boy Croyle and the Broncos. I've been a big fan of his since his days at Alabama. Always liked the Broncos when Elway was playing and would love to see Croyle play behind a decent o-line for a change.

Thnikkaman
08-19-2009, 10:02 PM
From another site league sources have confirmed that Denver & KC have had prelimanary talks about a possible trade involving Brandon Marshall for Brodie Croyle and a 3rd round pick.

Maybe this is the bombshell that has been mentioned. Has anybody heard of this?

I heard that we would get a busted up '73 Chevy Impala and two tickets to the AFC Championship game for Marshal

getlynched47
08-19-2009, 10:12 PM
well that would be ****ing stupid. . . .

It fits with how McDaniels likes to run things...

silkamilkamonico
08-19-2009, 10:14 PM
His wife is hot.

co-sign

If I get to see random camera work of her every couple minutes, by all means bring the guy in.

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 10:19 PM
No, but I would consider Marshall for Bowe and a late pick...especially if Bowe has fallen from graces with Haley.

ikillz0mbies
08-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Pro-Bowler Brandon Marshall for Brittle Croyle and a 2010 pick? As much as I can't stand Marshall's off-field antics and my willingness to see him get traded, there is no way that the Broncos do that trade. I can see the reason trading Cutler for Orton and picks, but Marshall for Croyle? Why? Essentially it comes down to being Cutler and Marshall for 2 mediocre QB's. Create 2 holes to fill a single hole half way up. I don't like it. I'm a supporter of McDaniels and was on the "get Cutler out of Denver" wagon, but unless it is a Marshall for Bowe plus a 2nd/3rd round pick, ****.

I mean the trade with Chicago was a QB for QB. But why trade a WR for another QB. Doesn't make sense at all. The only way I see an interdivisional trade between KC and Den if it involved Marshall for Bowe.

Tempus Fugit
08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
It fits with how McDaniels likes to run things...

No, it doesn't.

Chris90210
08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
no way dear god

MOtorboat
08-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Well, that's about the most ******* retarded thing I've heard.

Dear god...

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Well, that's about the most ******* retarded thing I've heard.

Dear god...

what is? the trade thoughts or something else..

MOtorboat
08-19-2009, 10:47 PM
what is? the trade thoughts or something else..

The thread. The thought. The ridiculous notion that ANY of the quarterbacks mentioned all day are better than what we have.

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 10:51 PM
The thread. The thought. The ridiculous notion that ANY of the quarterbacks mentioned all day are better than what we have.

OK that works for me..:D

There have been many thoughts in this thread you could have been talking about..:salute:

was just trying to see if you were thinking what I was..

MOtorboat
08-19-2009, 10:53 PM
OK that works for me..:D

There have been many thoughts in this thread you could have been talking about..:salute:

was just trying to see if you were thinking what I was..

Nah, after the stupid idea of "filling out the roster" with Tyler Thigpen, I'm pretty much done with reading these stupid threads filled with over-reactions and stupidity.

Honestly, if Denver traded Marshall for Croyle they are idiots, and I don't believe they are.

ikillz0mbies
08-19-2009, 10:54 PM
I understand why Marshall should get traded, but don't give him away. What's next? Brett Favre needs weapons to throw to so Marshall for Sage Rosenfels or Tarvaris Jackson (even John David Booty)?

dogfish
08-19-2009, 10:55 PM
I heard that we would get a busted up '73 Chevy Impala and two tickets to the AFC Championship game for Marshal

four tickets, and they're decent seats-- you guys have to stop undervaluing marshall. . . .

dogfish
08-19-2009, 10:56 PM
I understand why Marshall should get traded, but don't give him away. What's next? Brett Favre needs weapons to throw to so Marshall for Sage Rosenfels or Tarvaris Jackson (even John David Booty)?

marshall for ashley lelie and a 4th round pick. . . .

man, JR would be PISSED! :lol:

MOtorboat
08-19-2009, 10:56 PM

Basically...it's already been suggested....

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48307

Broncos Mtnman
08-19-2009, 11:01 PM
His wife is hot.

Do you have a link?

:laugh:

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 11:03 PM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/kelli_croyle3.jpg

I would trade Marshall for her.

Broncos Mtnman
08-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Honestly, if Denver traded Marshall for Croyle they are idiots, and I don't believe they are.

Yeah, it's not like they would trade a Pro Bowl QB for a backup who couldn't beat out Brian Griese or anything.

:coffee:

ikillz0mbies
08-19-2009, 11:04 PM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/kelli_croyle3.jpg

I would trade Marshall for her.

At least she's a "receiver".

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah, it's not like they would trade a Pro Bowl QB for a backup who couldn't beat out Brian Griese or anything.

Yea it's not like they didnt get two first round picks and a 3rd round pick too...that would be stupid to get extra picks in the trade.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-19-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure about this. War Paint Illustrated has put out some poop in the past. I have hard time believing that a Pro-Bowl wideout is going to be dealt for a back-up QB and a third-rounder. What would Bobo say about this? I'm gonna talk to Bobo.

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 11:10 PM
warpaint illustrated is teh same place that "confirmed" Mike Shanahan to KC was a done deal

Broncos Mtnman
08-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Yea it's not like they didnt get two first round picks and a 3rd round pick too...that would be stupid to get extra picks in the trade.

Yeah, it's not like they would burn one of those first round picks to draft an undersized defensive player in the second round.

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, it's not like they would burn one of those first round picks to draft an undersized defensive player in the second round.

Who so far has been a stud in camp

Requiem / The Dagda
08-19-2009, 11:13 PM
If Alphonso Smith was 1/4 of an inch taller, would you consider him undersized? I really doubt it. Then again, I doubt you really know much about Alphonso Smith in the first place, Mtnman -- so any criticism you'd give to him (like above) would probably be indicative of him actually being a good thing!

Alphonso <3!

Requiem / The Dagda
08-19-2009, 11:17 PM
OTOH, if you were a GM -- what would you rather trade future picks for:

A quarterback who is bipolar and has diabetes or a corner who is a shade under 5'10?

I'll take the latter!

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Yea we should have traded both of our firsts to move up 5 spots to get Raji (who just signed like 3 days ago) like everyone here wanted.

Instead we got a future HOF RB and a stud OLB...and to top that we got a first round CB who we are paying 2nd round money to...

But yea it would be much smarter to have tied up the money we have in those three players into one player.

Tned
08-19-2009, 11:30 PM

I agree that this seems far fetched, but it is posted on a site that follows the Chiefs.

It's pretty common to post rumors that are on PFT, Scout.com, ESPN or wherever. We all know most of these rumors have no legs, but most of the people coming here for news and updates want to know all of the rumors, even if they turn out to be false.

MOtorboat
08-19-2009, 11:31 PM
I agree that this seems far fetched, but it is posted on a site that follows the Chiefs.

It's pretty common to post rumors that are on PFT, Scout.com, ESPN or wherever. We all know most of these rumors have no legs, but most of the people coming here for news and updates want to know all of the rumors, even if they turn out to be false.

I guess I didn't realize that I didn't have the right to call the rumors stupid (because they are). My bad.

Tned
08-19-2009, 11:36 PM
I guess I didn't realize that I didn't have the right to call the rumors stupid (because they are). My bad.

I didn't say you didn't have the right. I was just asking if you thought they shouldn't be posted. That's what I thought you were saying.

As I said, I consider it highly unlikely, but it is out there, and will likely get picked up by other news agencies tomorrow.

MOtorboat
08-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I didn't say you didn't have the right. I was just asking if you thought they shouldn't be posted. That's what I thought you were saying.

As I said, I consider it highly unlikely, but it is out there, and will likely get picked up by other news agencies tomorrow.

Well, the original post in the thread has no source at all, so how am I supposed to react to that?

I didn't feel like reading the thread.

sneakers
08-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, the original post in the thread has no source at all, so how am I supposed to react to that?

I heard Marshall might be traded for a 7th round pick and Mike Holmgren's tusks.

Thnikkaman
08-19-2009, 11:57 PM

He can throw less ints than Griese.

Hell, that backup throws lest ints than Cutler_{ints} - Griese_{ints}

Tned
08-19-2009, 11:58 PM
I heard Marshall might be traded for a 7th round pick and Mike Holmgren's tusks.

Maybe scout.com will hire you ;)

Broncos Mtnman
08-20-2009, 12:17 AM
He can throw less ints than Griese.

Gee, and he still got beat out for the starting job in Chicago.

Hell, that backup throws lest ints than Cutler_{ints} - Griese_{ints}

Actually, Orton's interception ratio is almost exactly the same as Cutler's.

Cutler has 1220 attempts and has thrown 37 interceptions. That gives you one interception for every 32.97 attempts. That's an interception percentage of 0.030 (3%)

Orton has 913 attempts and has thrown 27 interceptions. That gives you one interception for every 33.81 attempts. That's an interception percentage of 0.0295 (3%).

Maybe it would be a good idea to get your FACTS the next time you want to hate on Cutler....

dogfish
08-20-2009, 12:22 AM

actually, i think i could've done without this one. . . .

:frusty:

Overtime
08-20-2009, 12:30 AM
chripes, i wouldn't give Maurice Clarrett to Kansas City for Croyle and a 2nd round pick.

why in the hell would anyone think we would give Brandon Marshall to KC for Croyle and a 2nd round pick?

i don't care how well Croyle is playing, he's had surgeries on both of his knees, 1 of them twice now!

no way.

CROYLE = DO NOT WANT. i wouldn't want him being the damn waterboy.

this thread is absurd. OP should be banned for life for starting this nonsense.

Tned
08-20-2009, 01:43 AM
this thread is absurd. OP should be banned for life for starting this nonsense.

Ok, just to be clear, is it only what you think is absurd that should cause a poster to be banned for life, or any news report rumor that is posted on here? If Vic Lombard talks about a trade rumor and it's posted on here, does that poster get banned? What about Adam Scheffter? What about Bill Williamson?

I just think it would be good if we define which news sources we will ban people for posting their reports and which ones we won't. Would you mind creating a ban/don't ban list of every NFL site and news agency, it will help the mods figure out who to ban as new threads are created.

:confused:

broncofaninfla
08-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Croyle is actually challenging Cassel for the starting job now. Apparently Cassel has looked like *ss so far in camp.

SoCalImport
08-20-2009, 07:55 AM
No way Marshall gets traded within the division anyway, especially not for that.

btw. I would've been blown away if Cassell lived up to the hype or the contract. He's probably good enough to be a capable starter, but last year could easily end up being (statistically) his career best.

dogfish
08-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Croyle is actually challenging Cassel for the starting job now. Apparently Cassel has looked like *ss so far in camp.

shit-- i hope to god doogie doesn't get any ideas about trying to get his boy cassell again, now that he's got a $63 million contract. . . .

:doh:

TXBRONC
08-20-2009, 08:26 AM
shit-- i hope to god doogie doesn't get any ideas about trying to get his boy cassell again, now that he's got a $63 million contract. . . .

It seems unlikely but it wouldn't surprise me if McDaniels considers it. People could say well he know McDaniels system but the plain simple fact is K.C.'s offensive system is basically the same system that they run in New England and Arizona.

Mike
08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Umm...no. Brodie Frayle = Fail.

claymore
08-20-2009, 09:30 AM

I so hope we get cassel. That will show us right away if JMCD is the real deal or an uber doosh.

Tned
08-20-2009, 09:31 AM

I doubt KC could trade him. Whatever portion of that 63 million was signing bonus, would hit their camp next year, rather than be spread over the 6 year life of the contract. So, even if he is struggling, I doubt there is any way he would get traded (even if McD probably really wants him).

claymore
08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
I doubt KC could trade him. Whatever portion of that 63 million was signing bonus, would hit their camp next year, rather than be spread over the 6 year life of the contract. So, even if he is struggling, I doubt there is any way he would get traded (even if McD probably really wants him).

I bet they will be willing to trade him next year when they figure out they have been bamboozled. :D

Dr Velcro
08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
I agree that it won't happen, but at this point...I think it would be better for you guys.

Mike
08-20-2009, 09:36 AM
I agree that it won't happen, but at this point...I think it would be better for you guys.

:throwrock:

Note: Tned get the flip off smilie. ;)

This is probably a rumor started to get the Bronco fans going. No way this has any chance.

Dr Velcro
08-20-2009, 09:40 AM
:throwrock:

Note: Tned get the flip off smilie. ;)

This is probably a rumor started to get the Bronco fans going. No way this has any chance.

I liked what I saw of Simms.
I haven't seen enough positive of Orton, really.
I'm hoping (for you guys) that he does better.

And yes, I think the rumor is a bunch of horse radish.

claymore
08-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Croyal > Orton

Tned
08-20-2009, 09:45 AM
I bet they will be willing to trade him next year when they figure out they have been bamboozled. :D

That was a big contract for a guy that hadn't started in college or the pros until last year, and was on a pretty darn good team. Time will tell. I have read that he looked awful in last year's training camp and then he played pretty well during the season (earned me a lot of fantasy points in several leagues where I picked him up ONLY to block the Brady guys from picking him up when Brady went down, but then I started playing him cause he was racking up pionts).

Tned
08-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Croyal > Orton

Griese > Croyal > Orton < Cutler < Plummer < Elway

Mike
08-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Croyal > Orton

Yeah...the guy who gets knocked down and hurt by a stiff wind...who also has never won an NFL game is better. :loco:

claymore
08-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah...the guy who gets knocked down and hurt by a stiff wind...who also has never won an NFL game is better. :loco:

than a perenial backup that has maxed his potential..... Yes.

claymore
08-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Griese > Croyal > Orton < Cutler < Plummer < Elway

That made me vomit in my mouth.

Mike
08-20-2009, 09:54 AM
than a perenial backup that has maxed his potential..... Yes.

:lol:

You done lost your mind, Clay.

Brodie Frayle ain't worth the Charmin Extra soft he uses to wipe his butt with. If this deal went down, a hell of a lot more people would be on your side of the argument against McD and Bowlen though...maybe even me. ;)

Tned
08-20-2009, 09:57 AM
That made me vomit in my mouth.

Yea, but I had never done one of those > > things, so I figured I would do both a greater than and less than. I think Everyone knows that Plummer as the best QB to play in Denver since Elway!!! :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

Thnikkaman
08-20-2009, 09:58 AM

Cutler has 1220 attempts and has thrown 37 interceptions. That gives you one interception for every 32.97 attempts. That's an interception percentage of 0.030 (3%)

Orton has 913 attempts and has thrown 27 interceptions. That gives you one interception for every 33.81 attempts. That's an interception percentage of 0.0295 (3%).

Maybe it would be a good idea to get your FACTS the next time you want to hate on Cutler....

Why? Its obviously more fun to hate on quarterbacks based purely on feeling. I mean, isn't that what everyone else is doing? Really I want to hate on Cutler because o f the way he handled the situation with the trade. Do I need permission from you to hate on Cutler?

claymore
08-20-2009, 09:58 AM
:lol:

You done lost your mind, Clay.

Brodie Frayle ain't worth the Charmin Extra soft he uses to wipe his butt with. If this deal went down, a hell of a lot more people would be on your side of the argument against McD and Bowlen though...maybe even me. ;)

They have been to the same amount of Probowls, and have the same amount of Superbowls. Croyle has more potential, and is younger, and had a far worse line.

Mike
08-20-2009, 09:59 AM
They have been to the same amount of Probowls, and have the same amount of Superbowls. Croyle has more potential, and is younger, and had a far worse line.

Dude, stop it. You're killing me. :lol:

claymore
08-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Why? Its obviously more fun to hate on quarterbacks based purely on feeling. I mean, isn't that what everyone else is doing?

Towards Cutler, yes.

Thnikkaman
08-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Towards Cutler, yes.

But not towards Orton? Isn't this thread about Orton sucks? Broncos Mtnman just showed us that turnover wise we have about the same player. Their difference in career QB ratings is about 8 points. Cutler has had a better line and better recievers. Orton has been sacked 7 more times in 300 less attempts than Cutler. They both like to drink. I guess the only difference between Cutler and Orton is that one has diabetes, an arm "stronger than Elway's", and throws fits.

underrated29
08-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Well the chefs want to trade bowe but why would we want to trade for yet another qb and lose a great wr.

This is retarded.

TXBRONC
08-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Well the chefs want to trade bowe but why would we want to trade for yet another qb and lose a great wr.

This is retarded.

There just nothing about this rumor that seems believable.

T.K.O.
08-20-2009, 10:46 AM
croyle and bowe? that would start to make sense:confused:

TXBRONC
08-20-2009, 10:51 AM
That was a big contract for a guy that hadn't started in college or the pros until last year, and was on a pretty darn good team. Time will tell. I have read that he looked awful in last year's training camp and then he played pretty well during the season (earned me a lot of fantasy points in several leagues where I picked him up ONLY to block the Brady guys from picking him up when Brady went down, but then I started playing him cause he was racking up pionts).

I would image that last year Cassel wasn't getting the reps in practice until took over for Brady. Even if Cassel was not making as much money as he is I would bet that the Chiefs still wouldn't want to part with him. Because as much as Cassel was McDaniels' boy, Pioli was obviously every bit as interested in bringing him to K.C.

TXBRONC
08-20-2009, 10:54 AM
croyle and bowe? that would start to make sense:confused:

How does it make sense? It's doubtful that either one of them would be of much use to us until about midway point in the season.

Dortoh
08-20-2009, 10:59 AM
http://sc.tri-bit.com/images/5/53/KYBEZE6RQNRCZKX4N3FIESN2WSL2GXV7.jpg

GEM
08-20-2009, 11:50 AM

Then don't post in it. :rolleyes:

claymore
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh my.,

Broncos Mtnman
08-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Why? Its obviously more fun to hate on quarterbacks based purely on feeling. I mean, isn't that what everyone else is doing? Really I want to hate on Cutler because o f the way he handled the situation with the trade. Do I need permission from you to hate on Cutler?

Translation....

"You owned me with facts that proved I was wrong, so I'll make a bogus accusation that can't be proved in order to change the subject."

Requiem / The Dagda
08-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey, I'm sure the guys on the Bears Forums would love for you to have a gush fest on Cutler. Check it out!

Broncos Mtnman
08-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey, I'm sure the guys on the Bears Forums would love for you to have a gush fest on Cutler. Check it out!

Gee, a post that invites someone who doesn't agree with them to root for another team.

Childish, but boring.... :coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
08-20-2009, 05:11 PM
I never said to go root for another team. I said if you wanted to gush about Cutler, you could do it on the Bears Forums, since he's a Chicago Bear now.

Tned
08-20-2009, 05:13 PM

Hey, did someone say www.bearsforums.com? I'm still looking for partners to get this one fully off the ground or to replace BroncosForums.com...

weazel
08-20-2009, 05:36 PM
I hope we get the rights to Christian Okoye

Thnikkaman
08-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Translation....

"You owned me with facts that proved I was wrong, so I'll make a bogus accusation that can't be proved in order to change the subject."

If you want to see it that way, that's cool. I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong. I still don't like Cutler anymore. Is that cool with you?

broncohead
08-20-2009, 05:48 PM

Can't really argue with facts.

claymore
08-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Can't really argue with facts.

Around hear you can. Plummer lovers still hate Shannahan, and Cutler. Nothing will ever change that.

Which baffles me cause plummer was such a freakin douchebag loser. SMH

Tned
08-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Around hear you can. Plummer lovers still hate Shannahan, and Cutler. Nothing will ever change that.

Which baffles me cause plummer was such a freakin douchebag loser. SMH

I liked Plummer (led us to the third best record from '02-'05 only behind NE and Indy) -- I liked Shanahan -- I liked Cutler. While I still felt Plummer did a very good job as our QB, I was excited about drafting Cutler, but thought he should start in '07.

I still don't get why or how people can hold grudges for so long. Decide they are going to hate Shanahan, because he benched plummer for Cutler, hate Cutler, because he replaced Plummer, etc.

Dortoh
08-20-2009, 05:59 PM
I liked Plummer (led us to the third best record from '02-'05 only behind NE and Indy) -- I liked Shanahan -- I liked Cutler. While I still felt Plummer did a very good job as our QB, I was excited about drafting Cutler, but thought he should start in '07.

I still don't get why or how people can hold grudges for so long. Decide they are going to hate Shanahan, because he benched plummer for Cutler, hate Cutler, because he replaced Plummer, etc.

I liked Jake as well. The problem is teams had learned how to shut him down and his time here was done.

Thats for another thread I suppose :lol:

claymore
08-20-2009, 06:01 PM

I liked Cutler, I began to hate him during the AFCWCG. He flipped off the fans, and kicked in headlights or whatever. To me he was worse than Marshall as far as being immature or a distraction.

I think he had lots of talent, not Jay Cutler talent, but he never studied, or took the game as being a job.

If he didnt have the gift of football I think he would be washing dishes, or hooked on meth or something.

Tned
I liked Jake as well. The problem is teams had learned how to shut him down and his time here was done.

Yea, another thread, especially since you are wrong :lol: (13-3 in '05 if memory serves me correctly, doesn't sound shut down to me ;))

claymore

Yeah, Cover the bootleg. Dont fall for it, thats all they had to do!

underrated29
08-20-2009, 06:03 PM
I think Denver Fans just want to hate our own QB. When we dont have a QB good enough we start to hate on the next best thing. Phyllis Rivers.

(I hate him too btw.)

I liked Plummer, I really liked Jay, and i like Orton. However, most seem to hate on or another for some reason.

Each had their strengths and weaknesses. Jay was by far the best of those, but not perfect.

Thats why Knowshon will be so important, he will keep the haters attention elsewhere.

claymore
08-20-2009, 06:09 PM
I think Denver Fans just want to hate our own QB. When we dont have a QB good enough we start to hate on the next best thing. Phyllis Rivers.

(I hate him too btw.)

I liked Plummer, I really liked Jay, and i like Orton. However, most seem to hate on or another for some reason.

Each had their strengths and weaknesses. Jay was by far the best of those, but not perfect.

Thats why Knowshon will be so important, he will keep the haters attention elsewhere.
Great post.

Tned
08-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Denver fans and media were even brutal on Elway, specifically in the early '90s.

MOtorboat
08-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Denver fans and media were even brutal on Elway, specifically in the early '90s.

Bears fans 9. Broncos fans 6.

Signed Jay Cutler...

(Anyone else see the irony in this?)

Lonestar
08-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I said when jay was drafted that he would rue the day he came to DEN..

Tned
08-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Bears fans 9. Broncos fans 6.

Signed Jay Cutler...

(Anyone else see the irony in this?)

Guess, I'm dense, I don't get it.

MOtorboat
08-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Guess, I'm dense, I don't get it.

The criticism will come...oh yes it will...

I love our fan base...I do...we are some of the best...but its worse in a big market...it just is...that was what I was trying to say....

Broncos 6. Bears 9.

Do you think it's ironic that the iconic Franchise Quarterbacks have come in Green Bay, Denver, San Francisco, Baltimore, Indianapolis and Miami?

Tned
08-20-2009, 07:59 PM
The criticism will come...oh yes it will...

I love our fan base...I do...we are some of the best...but its worse in a big market...it just is...that was what I was trying to say....

Broncos 6. Bears 9.

Do you think it's ironic that the iconic Franchise Quarterbacks have come in Green Bay, Denver, San Francisco, Baltimore, Indianapolis and Miami?

Ok, I think I follow now. Not sure I completely agree. I think there is no doubt there is much more media that follows a team in the big city, but Denver has always been known as a city that is very hard on its QBs.

It is something often talked about by national football analysts over the years. Some have speculated that it was because not so long ago, Broncos football was the only game in town, and hence the town's obsession with the Broncos began, and has continued even as other sports migrated to Denver. I think it probably was made worse by Elways performance, even though he then was held to his own standard (kind of like Tiger is).

The other thing, not all big cities are the same in terms of press. Take baseball. When a free agent is talking about signing with the Mets or Yankees, the media and scrutiny always comes up, but you don't hear the same thing when someone is talking about signing with Chicago, LA, Houston, etc.

MOtorboat
08-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Ok, I think I follow now. Not sure I completely agree. I think there is no doubt there is much more media that follows a team in the big city, but Denver has always been known as a city that is very hard on its QBs.

It is something often talked about by national football analysts over the years. Some have speculated that it was because not so long ago, Broncos football was the only game in town, and hence the town's obsession with the Broncos began, and has continued even as other sports migrated to Denver. I think it probably was made worse by Elways performance, even though he then was held to his own standard (kind of like Tiger is).

The other thing, not all big cities are the same in terms of press. Take baseball. When a free agent is talking about signing with the Mets or Yankees, the media and scrutiny always comes up, but you don't hear the same thing when someone is talking about signing with Chicago, LA, Houston, etc.

I think there's a difference. I think there's a reason franchise guys aren't in Chicago and New York. The media is overwhelming and in your face. I think Cutler will experience that. I don't think he will thrive.

Now, here's the difference...the media is less and the fan expectations might be more in Denver, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Miami...etc...but the quarterback has more contact with the fans who are positive more than the fans who are negative. Always will. The Teams can control that. They can't control the negative media.

It's very much like the aging process of a President. Most Presidents in four years age dramatically because of the scrutiny. They don't face cheering and adoring fans every day and are surrounded by chaos and closed-fist media trying to berate them for their latest action.

Besides all the sarcastic 6 and 9 comments, that's the basis of it...If Cutler becomes the first franchise quarterback in the history of Chicago and New York, he will truly be a great player. One of the best. His attitude makes me doubt it.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Plummer was the shit. Anyone who thinks otherwise can get bent. He wasn't perfect, but he got the job done more than anyone else we've had since Elway. His good was fun to watch, but his bad was ugly as shit. That I will concede. He handled his dicking like a child, but he was dicked when Cutler got here. Not Cutler's fault, but all Plummer did was pass for 4,000+ yards, a crapload of TDs and take us to the AFCCG. Terrible, i know. I clearly get why Shanny wanted a new QB. Then again, it's not like he was the QB who technically dethroned the mighty Patriots. Oh wait...

Tned
08-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Plummer was the shit. Anyone who thinks otherwise can get bent. He wasn't perfect, but he got the job done more than anyone else we've had since Elway. His good was fun to watch, but his bad was ugly as shit. That I will concede. He handled his dicking like a child, but he was dicked when Cutler got here. Not Cutler's fault, but all Plummer did was pass for 4,000+ yards, a crapload of TDs and take us to the AFCCG. Terrible, i know. I clearly get why Shanny wanted a new QB. Then again, it's not like he was the QB who technically dethroned the mighty Patriots. Oh wait...

The only thing I will disagree with you on was that he handled his being replaced VERY well, based on all accounts by the media, coaches and players, including Cutler. He made every effort to help Cutler, before and during the 2006 season, based on what was reported by Cutler and the other team mates.

The ONLY thing Plummer did, which Denver fans ridiculously took as a personal screwing, is he decided to retire from football, rather than go to another team. Several weeks before the trade was made or even talked about, Cutler told the press he wouldn't be surprised if Jake retired. Jake loved football, but wasn't obsessed by it. Based on what his teammates said, he didn't care about the money, he only played for love of the game, and he liked the idea of retiring healthy. Why so many Denver fans took that as him screwing over the Denver Broncos, I will never understand.

Hobe
08-20-2009, 08:48 PM
The ONLY thing Plummer did, which Denver fans ridiculously took as a personal screwing, is he decided to retire from football, rather than go to another team. Several weeks before the trade was made or even talked about, Cutler told the press he wouldn't be surprised if Jake retired. Jake loved football, but wasn't obsessed by it. Based on what his teammates said, he didn't care about the money, he only played for love of the game, and he liked the idea of retiring healthy. Why so many Denver fans took that as him screwing over the Denver Broncos, I will never understand.

I thought Plummer was traded to Tampa, not KC. :noidea:

;)

TXBRONC
08-20-2009, 08:53 PM

Some people hated Cutler just he was drafted by the Broncos.

Tned
08-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Some people hated Cutler just he was drafted by the Broncos.

Most of the hard feelings that exist right now, relate directly back to the Jake/Jay saga.

Superchop 7
08-20-2009, 10:11 PM
They need to trade Brandon for d-line ONLY.

TXBRONC
08-20-2009, 11:06 PM
They need to trade Brandon for d-line ONLY.

I not sure being serious in any event I can't think of any team that would trade a top flight defensive lineman for a top flight wide receiver.

JDL
08-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Nah, after the stupid idea of "filling out the roster" with Tyler Thigpen, I'm pretty much done with reading these stupid threads filled with over-reactions and stupidity.

Dude, you seriously have some anger issues. Do you ever let anything go? Not being disrespectful (ok a touch only because you've been), but it doesn't do any good carrying things from thread to thread, just because you disagree with other poster's views. But, if that's what floats your boat. :coffee:

Anyway, trading Marshall is a pretty risky proposition if you don't get a decent WR back in return. Orton is already struggling some and needs all his weapons on the field to help give him the best chance possible.

But, If we were going to trade him - I would not be on board with the KC trade, unless they offered a 1st rd pick (or possibly two 2nd's if that's what they have from Gonzalez.) Not really interested in Croyle because I have never thought it wise to try and rely upon players who have long injury histories and reputations. Half of what made Elway great was that you could count on him suiting up on Sunday. It reminds me of the Chris Miller love (and I was one of those guys pulling for him), but the guy was an eggshell and it was, in hindsight, ridiculous to rely on him for anything, even though he was far more talented than any QB on the roster at that time. I am not sure many would feel the same about Croyle's talent level and so trading for him doesn't carry a lot of upside.

It's a big statement to make to trade away your #1 WR for ANOTHER QB... I have no problem with bettering the roster as it will be very different in 2-3 years so there are only so many players you can really get attached to anyway. But, I don't see how that trade would really better the roster... you really only get a late 2nd rd and half to deal with the magnified pressure on Orton from trading your star WR for another QB (to be what his backup.) One thing imo to make sure you have some competition and a few options at QB, quite another to make this type of controversial trade. Too much risk of ruining Orton's psyche (though he seems like he's been through worse in Chicago.... nothing like getting benched for Grossman after leading your team to a successful season... I believe that was in the playoffs no less..lol) Feel bad for the guy... glad he hasn't been jerked around here yet... he'll either prove he should be the starter or won't... in real games.

Poet
08-21-2009, 11:57 AM

Hey, to top it off Cutler was a real killer late in the season for the Broncos to help them clench that playoff berth...

Oh darn.

BCJ
08-21-2009, 03:37 PM
This report will be washed away, laughed at and rideculed. No way do we take a bust of a QB for a talented yet arrogant WR. This shouldnt have this many legs. Puhleeeeaze people!

Requiem / The Dagda
08-21-2009, 05:18 PM
This should have been disregarded when Kansas City was the team. I wouldn't want to send Brandon to a team in our division. Good Lord no!

ursamajor
08-22-2009, 09:09 AM
I am normally one to never say never. Having said that, there is no way any sane GM will deal a game breaker in their division. Ill say never here.

And while I would slso say a team will never trade a 26 yo franchise qb, Cutler did force his way out. So i cant say that the FO was insane for that one.

silkamilkamonico
08-22-2009, 09:46 AM
And while I would slso say a team will never trade a 26 yo franchise qb, Cutler did force his way out. So i cant say that the FO was insane for that one.

True. Cutler sealed his own fate when he held himself above the entire organziation. John Elway wasn't even "ballsy" enough to do something ridiculous like that.