PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Broncos' Peyton Manning should play with more swagger

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2013, 05:57 PM
It is the NFL's great playground debate. We're picking teams. Who you taking first as starting quarterback: Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

Long before Manning ever pulled on No. 18 for the Broncos, my answer was the same every time.

Sure, Brady has won three Super Bowl rings.

But Manning was a four-time MVP before becoming a legitimate candidate again during his first season in Denver.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22411593/mark-kiszla-broncos-peyton-manning-should-play-more

Northman
01-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Sadly as good as Manning is and as cerebral as he is i still take Brady. There is just that "it" factor that Brady has that at times Manning does not.

Thnikkaman
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
You have linked a Kizla article, take a lap.

DenBronx
01-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Go directly to jail and do not collect $200

Poet
01-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Brady won his rings as a game manager kind of guy. When he got big time weapons and was asked to do what Manning has done he's 0-2 in SB's, had four years without a playoff win. Normally he would be ripped to shreds like other QB's, but his game manager SB's seem to negate that. To this day we know that Manning basically is his own OC and brings his offense that Moore admits Manning eventually started to make. To this day we know that Belichek has withstood numerous losses at OC and never missed a beat.

If it's Brady with BB, then maybe it's Brady. If it's Brady without BB and Manning by himself, it's Manning. Look how much better Manning made your two young WR's. I'm sorry, but Brady running a dink and dunk offense as a game manager did not make anyone better on his offense. Now I will say that Brady has definitely helped Welker a lot, fair is fair. You have to give him credit with Moss. Yeah, Moss was a monster and the best WR at the time, but Brady helped him keep his head on straight. Still, it just seems to me that Manning does more for his team. I think he does too much, at least sometimes.

Simple Jaded
01-20-2013, 07:57 PM
No thanks, l'll take my chances with Manning.......

Northman
01-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Brady won his rings as a game manager kind of guy. When he got big time weapons and was asked to do what Manning has done he's 0-2 in SB's, had four years without a playoff win. Normally he would be ripped to shreds like other QB's, but his game manager SB's seem to negate that. To this day we know that Manning basically is his own OC and brings his offense that Moore admits Manning eventually started to make. To this day we know that Belichek has withstood numerous losses at OC and never missed a beat.

If it's Brady with BB, then maybe it's Brady. If it's Brady without BB and Manning by himself, it's Manning. Look how much better Manning made your two young WR's. I'm sorry, but Brady running a dink and dunk offense as a game manager did not make anyone better on his offense. Now I will say that Brady has definitely helped Welker a lot, fair is fair. You have to give him credit with Moss. Yeah, Moss was a monster and the best WR at the time, but Brady helped him keep his head on straight. Still, it just seems to me that Manning does more for his team. I think he does too much, at least sometimes.

You spend way too much time smoking crack King. I love ya but way too much crack bubba.

Poet
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
You spend way too much time smoking crack King. I love ya but way too much crack bubba.

I offer an in-depth insight, Northman. I'm a good writer and I know football. I don't pretend to be some guru, but I know about as much as most fans. FWIW, what's in that post is actual context. I can pretty much prove to you that, but the interpretation of that is where we differ.

CrazyHorse
01-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I'd take Manning. Better QB and less of a douche.

Simple Jaded
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
I'd take Manning. Better QB and less of a douche.

Brady leads Manning in SB's and BabyMomma's, he's prolific.......

Dean
01-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Sadly as good as Manning is and as cerebral as he is i still take Brady. There is just that "it" factor that Brady has that at times Manning does not.

I evidently missed that IT FACTOR today. He was off.