PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos hire Greg Knapp as quarterbacks coach, replacing Adam Gase

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2013, 09:06 PM
The Broncos announced Friday night they have hired Greg Knapp as quarterbacks coach.

Knapp, 49, was offensive coordinator for AFC West rival Oakland last season.

"Greg is a proven, experienced coach with a very impressive background working with quarterbacks," Fox said in a team release. "He's had success with Pro Bowlers and established players while also being instrumental in the development of younger quarterbacks. I've coached against him for a number of years and have a lot of respect for him. We are pleased to add someone of his caliber to our coaching staff."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22405434/broncos-hire-greg-knapp-replace-adam-gase-qb

Dzone
01-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Good move. Plus he is leaving the Raiders to come here

This sounds more about making Brock Osweiler great. If so, its an amazing move. Knapp will make Osweiler great and it might be West Coast style

SR
01-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Who was the last Raider to come to Denver? Jerry Rice?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2013, 10:26 PM
First, the glove. Can the West Coast offense be next for Peyton Manning?

Probably not. But if it ever came to that, Manning has the guy who can coach him up in Greg Knapp, whom the Broncos just hired as quarterbacks coach.

Knapp, whose extensive NFL coaching background is steeped in the West Coast offense, replaces Adam Gase, who was promoted Thursday from Broncos quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator.

The hiring of Knapp was a mild surprise because Manning, Gase and Broncos head coach John Fox have not run much West Coast over the years.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22405434/broncos-hire-greg-knapp-replace-adam-gase-qb

SR
01-18-2013, 10:47 PM
They won't run it next season either

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 01:03 AM
The revolving door in the AFCW.

Good, bring your hate just like Shanahan did and lets crush them!!!

Dapper Dan
01-19-2013, 05:56 AM
So if we continue down that path with Oz, does that mean we will probably set up the old Run Blocking scheme again? (Not right now, but in a few years.)

TXBRONC
01-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Who was the last Raider to come to Denver? Jerry Rice?

I know he played for the Raiders but I just have never thought Rice as a Raider.