PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Broncos Free Agents

cmc0605
01-18-2013, 04:12 PM
From http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/2013-Broncos-Free-Agents/58632f42-7451-4f4c-b817-69ae7b47add2

I'm not sure what an exclusive-rights Free Agent is (anyone?)
A lot of guys here I hope we bring back, including Bannan, Clady, Koppen, Leonhard, Porter (still think he can be valuable, I think we can use a corner and you can't randomly get someone like him), Stokley if he has some in the tank still, Vickerson, Colquitt, Carter, and Unrein.

DT Justin Bannan 11 16 15 42 tackles, 2 TFL, 4 PBU, 1 FF, 1 FR
LB Keith Brooking 15 16 14 54 tackles, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 FF
S David Bruton 4 16 0 3 special-teams tackles, 2 defensive tackles, 1 INT
T Ryan Clady 5 16 16 1 sack allowed, earned third career Pro Bowl selection
C Dan Koppen 10 15 12 1 sack allowed
S Jim Leonhard 8 16 1 17 tackles, 2 INT, 1 TFL, 3 PBU
CB Tracy Porter 5 6 4 21 tackles, 2 INT, 6 PBY, 1 INT-TD
WR Brandon Stokley 14 15 9 45 catches for 544 yards and 5 TD
DT Kevin Vickerson 7 16 14 40 tackles, 2 sacks, 5 TFL, 1 PBU, 1 FF
WR Matthew Willis 5 15 0 10 catches for 90 yards, 7 special-teams tackles
RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (4)
RB Lance Ball 4 15 0 42 carries, 158 yards, 1 TD; 7 catches, 61 yards, 1 TD
T Chris Clark 3 16 0 0 sacks allowed, 0 penalties
P Britton Colquitt 4 16 0 46.3 gross average, 42.1 net average
FB Chris Gronkowski 3 14 0 1 catch for 11 yards, 4 special-teams tackles
EXCLUSIVE-RIGHTS FREE AGENTS (2)
CB Tony Carter 4 15 0 24 tackles, 2 INT, 12 PBU, 1 FR, 1 INT-TD, 1 FR-TD
DT Mitch Unrein 2 16 2 20 tackles, 3 QB hits, 1 FR, 1 receiving TD

DenBronx
01-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Resign Bannan, Stokely, Vickerson, Porter, Bruton, Carter, Unrein, Koppen and of course Clady.

SR
01-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Porter is expendable.

NightTerror218
01-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Porter is expendable.

he will prob get a smaller contract for every team. He is good when healthy. Adds good depth.

NightTerror218
01-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Resign Bannan, Stokely, Vickerson, Porter, Bruton, Carter, Unrein, Koppen and of course Clady.

Bannan and Unrein are expendable depending on how the draft goes. Vickerson will most likely get resigned. Mosting on the list is Ty warren he is free now also I believe.

CoachChaz
01-18-2013, 05:45 PM
he will prob get a smaller contract for every team. He is good when healthy. Adds good depth.

Yeah...it's not like Champ is geting younger...Carter is consistent and...Bolden earned any playing time. Any help is appreciated

BroncoWave
01-18-2013, 05:46 PM
The only unrestricted guy we really HAVE to keep is Clady. It would be nice to bring back Bruton, Bannan, Koppen, Stokley and Vickerson though.

No thanks on Porter unless it's at a much lower price.

rationalfan
01-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Bannan and Unrein are expendable depending on how the draft goes.

couldn't you say that about any position? sounds kind of presumptuous to me.

NightTerror218
01-18-2013, 06:50 PM
couldn't you say that about any position? sounds kind of presumptuous to me.

DL has 3 free agents that are in rotation. If we draft high, not all are returning.

SR
01-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Bannan and Unrein are expendable depending on how the draft goes. Vickerson will most likely get resigned. Mosting on the list is Ty warren he is free now also I believe.

He is a free agent. He only signed a one year deal. I'd like Denver to gamble and re-sign him. He can be a stud IF he can be healthy.

Chidoze
01-19-2013, 12:29 AM
I think the only 2 that I know the Broncos will for sure resign are Clady & Koppen. Other than that, I'm not really sure. Most of these guys played well for the Broncos last year, but that doesnt necessarily mean they will be back next year.

I think the Broncos will look to the draft to replace some of these players. I dont think Porter will be back. The Broncos didnt look like they wanted him after they saw the younger guys stepping up.

I thought the Broncos would resign Eddie Royal last off season & they let him go. I see that again this year too with a lot of these players. But on the other hand, the Broncos seemed to be preoccupied with getting the Manning deal done & getting him signed, so they might have missed an opportunity to resign a few players, so that might not be the case this year.

Who knows. It'll be interesting though.

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Porter isnt a must have and you cant make the club in the tub but on an incentive based contract it might be a good idea. If he gets sick again and misses games then the Broncos shouldnt be accountable.

Some of these guy we wont know about until after the draft.

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Ty Warren = the biggest waste of a roster spot.

We were warned by Patriot fans. Ty Warren gets hurt all of the time and we cant take that gamble again. I would be happy finding another Dereck Wolfe in the draft to take Warrens place.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2013, 05:47 AM
I think it's important that we get Colquitt back.

camdisco24
01-19-2013, 09:55 AM
I've said this before in other threads, but on top of the obvious guys to re-sign, I think it is crucial to bring Stokely back for one more season (if he has it in him). He was clutch for us many times this season. Especially on third down. He is a great teammate and he has a solid relationship with Manning. Sign the guy for one more season!

TXBRONC
01-19-2013, 11:26 AM

We were warned by Patriot fans. Ty Warren gets hurt all of the time and we cant take that gamble again. I would be happy finding another Dereck Wolfe in the draft to take Warrens place.

I have hard time believing that Fox and Elway will be willing to take that risk for a third straight season.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2013, 11:46 AM
I've said this before in other threads, but on top of the obvious guys to re-sign, I think it is crucial to bring Stokely back for one more season (if he has it in him). He was clutch for us many times this season. Especially on third down. He is a great teammate and he has a solid relationship with Manning. Sign the guy for one more season!

I don't think the question will be if we want him or not. Surely the FO sees how important he is. I think the question will be if Stokely is done or not.

Joel
01-19-2013, 12:40 PM
From http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/2013-Broncos-Free-Agents/58632f42-7451-4f4c-b817-69ae7b47add2

I'm not sure what an exclusive-rights Free Agent is (anyone?)
A lot of guys here I hope we bring back, including Bannan, Clady, Koppen, Leonhard, Porter (still think he can be valuable, I think we can use a corner and you can't randomly get someone like him), Stokley if he has some in the tank still, Vickerson, Colquitt, Carter, and Unrein.
Yeah, I'd like to keep all those guys. The thing is, many are at very different places in their respective careers (their ages are a factor, too,) with correspondingly different price tags. I'd divide it up thus:

Re-Sign at Any Price
Clady is the only FA we can't afford to lose, but won't come cheap, because he had another great year that cements him as an elite LT in his prime.

Make a Great Offer
Colquitt is here just because I can't imagine any punter so good we can't survive without him, but he's proven himself worth a fair sum and has many years to play.

Vickerson is here also; he started slow, partly because Warren was the starter until hurt in the opener, but finished strong and was flying around and in on a lot of plays. He's the only player we have who even comes close to a middle-clogging pocket-pushing NT, and even if we sign the real thing we'll still need Vickerson when that guy is tired/hurt (Warren proved that.) I'd pay him $4 million before I gave Mays that much again, and we ought to be able to get him for half that.

Make a Good Offer
Bannan and Unrein are both here, partly because they had good but unspectacular years, and partly because, unlike Vickerson, neither plays a role NO ONE ELSE on the roster can even try to fulfill.

Carter and Porter are here also; neither was flawless (WTF needs to be TOLD to bump a sprinter at the line on a playoff Hail Mary?!) but both were usually good when healthy. Just as importantly, I still want to replace Moore with Champ at FS, and having Carter and Porter duke it out for the #2 spot opposite Harris, with the loser going to nickel, would be integral to that.

Leonhard is also here, partly because I'm sweating our safeties (he and Adams are the only ones for which I have any use unless Champ transitions,) and partly because I want him to play a dime zone.

Koppen is here, too; he's played well, and I wouldn't give Walton his job back even if he were healthy (and his injury was worryingly similar to Kupers last year.) However, I expect him to have few suitors since he'll be 34 next year.

Make an Offer
Brooking, Stokley and Willis are here. Willis isn't horrible as a receiver (though I question his run blocking after he cost us a TD in last years playoff game against Pitt) and gives us depth. I'd spend more on Stokley and Brooking after the great season they had, but Stokley came out of retirement to play with Manning again and Brooking's slowed down, so I doubt it'll take much to keep either if they want to remain in football.

Dump
Bruton, Ball, Clark, Gronkowski are here. I might offer Clark minimum just because I haven't seen enough of him to say whether he's worth a roster spot, but he was an UDFA we claimed off waivers, so it's not like we have to break the bank to keep him.

Just my educated guesses, which seldom have much bearing on what the front office actually does, so take them for what they're worth.

Joel
01-19-2013, 12:42 PM

He's the only NT we've got though, and Wolfe, good as he is, is no substitute. However, I suspect he's done after re-tearing his triceps and missing another season, which leaves us with NOTHING at NT and makes re-signing Vickerson a priority.

SR
01-19-2013, 02:41 PM

I disagree with this the same as I disagree with all of the people who thought/think that Moreno was/is a waste of a roster spot. Ty Warren can still be a better than average DT if (yes, I know) he's healthy. He deserves a chance to prove it IMO. He gets hurt again, the door will be easy to find. He stays healthy, we have a good DT for a year or two and can address other positions through the draft and FA.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2013, 03:44 PM
I disagree with this the same as I disagree with all of the people who thought/think that Moreno was/is a waste of a roster spot. Ty Warren can still be a better than average DT if (yes, I know) he's healthy. He deserves a chance to prove it IMO. He gets hurt again, the door will be easy to find. He stays healthy, we have a good DT for a year or two and can address other positions through the draft and FA.

I agree with what you're saying, as long as there's not $4 million price tag or anything.

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 03:48 PM
I have hard time believing that Fox and Elway will be willing to take that risk for a third straight season.

Me too, cut ties and let his ass go to the raiders.

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 03:51 PM

No, he was already injury prone in NE. Came here two years ago and got injured the first year, then the next year he gets injury early again.

We said that same thing the past two years. Time for him to go. Him being better than an average DT is great but how does that benifit the team when he isnt even on the field for two years? Dude tied up alot of cap space too.

And the Moreno situation is totally differant, not sure why you compared Moreno to Ty Warren. We have way more invested in Moreno after taking him in the first, and Moreno has actually played in games for us.

SR
01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
I agree with what you're saying, as long as there's not $4 million price tag or anything.

No way. Maybe like a $1mil incentive laden contract.

SR
01-19-2013, 03:52 PM
No, he was already injury prone in NE. Came here two years ago and got injured the first year, then the next year he gets injury early again.

We said that same thing the past two years. Time for him to go. Him being better than an average DT is great but how does that benifit the team when he isnt even on the field for two years? Dude tied up alot of cap space too.

And the Moreno situation is totally differant, not sure why you compared Moreno to Ty Warren.

I never compared Warren to Moreno.

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Joel, why to you have Bruton as being dumped? He's our best special teams guy, he's a backup safety and his contract is very reasonable.

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 03:58 PM
I never compared Warren to Moreno.

Oh, ok....you didnt say this? "I disagree with this the same as I disagree with all of the people who thought/think that Moreno was/is a waste of a roster spot."

Seemed like you compared the situation.

SR
01-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Oh, ok....you didnt say this? "I disagree with this the same as I disagree with all of the people who thought/think that Moreno was/is a waste of a roster spot."

Seemed like you compared the situation.

No, I was stating that I will stand by my opinion that I warren should be given another shot just as I stood by my opinion that Moreno wasn't a waste of a roster spot. You're welcome.

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 04:10 PM
No, I was stating that I will stand by my opinion that I warren should be given another shot just as I stood by my opinion that Moreno wasn't a waste of a roster spot. You're welcome.

Awww man thanks!

But you kinda did compare the situation. :) It's ok, I will let you be right this time and I dont think anyone else will notice.

SR
01-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Awww man thanks!

But you kinda did compare the situation. :) It's ok, I will let you be right this time and I dont think anyone else will notice.

I didn't compare the situation bro. You just aren't getting it. The Moreno and Warren situations are nothing alike. I'd have to be a Zam to compare the two.

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 04:24 PM
I didn't compare the situation bro. You just aren't getting it. The Moreno and Warren situations are nothing alike. I'd have to be a Zam to compare the two.

Now you are comparing yourself to Zam?

lol....just giving you a hard time man.

Joel
01-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Joel, why to you have Bruton as being dumped? He's our best special teams guy, he's a backup safety and his contract is very reasonable.
I'd forgotten about his STs contributions; that does make him worth at least an offer. Inability to get a starting job among our substandard safeties, however, does not.

SR
01-19-2013, 06:18 PM
I'd forgotten about his STs contributions; that does make him worth at least an offer. Inability to get a starting job among our substandard safeties, however, does not.

He's our best special teams player. It's a must to bring him back.

Joel
01-19-2013, 10:05 PM
He's our best special teams player. It's a must to bring him back.
I'll give you "best return team player," but Holliday had 4 TD kick returns this year, half in a playoff game, so I think he gets the title of best special teamer. But I'm easy; he can have Moore or Quinton Carters spot since they aren't using them anyway. ;)

SR
01-19-2013, 10:08 PM
I'll give you "best return team player," but Holliday had 4 TD kick returns this year, half in a playoff game, so I think he gets the title of best special teamer. But I'm easy; he can have Moore or Quinton Carters spot since they aren't using them anyway. ;)

Obviously you're unaware of all the contributions Bruton makes on ST. And the most important player isn't Holliday. Bruton plays returns and coverage and makes plays every game but never gets the recognition he deserves. Besides that he plays safety. How often do you see Holliday in the offense???

Army Bronco
01-19-2013, 10:13 PM

Obviously you're unaware of all the contributions Bruton makes on ST. And the most important player isn't Holliday. Bruton plays returns and coverage and makes plays every game but never gets the recognition he deserves. Besides that he plays safety. How often do you see Holliday in the offense???Bruton is our most consistent tackler on Special Teams.

Joel
01-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Obviously you're unaware of all the contributions Bruton makes on ST. And the most important player isn't Holliday. Bruton plays returns and coverage and makes plays every game but never gets the recognition he deserves. Besides that he plays safety. How often do you see Holliday in the offense???
I momentarily let them slip my mind, but am not unaware of them. He's a fine tackler on special teams, but I'm not sure he's good enough to be worth four TDs, let alone a pair of playoff TDs.

ShaneFalco
01-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Unrein!!!!!!!