PDA

View Full Version : Elvis is paving his way to a probowl.

LoyalSoldier
11-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Currently he is 3rd in the AFC with sacks and also #2 among DEs in the AFC. In fact to find another DE close to him you have to go to #7 in the AFC with 5.

And yet....HE ISN'T EVEN ON THE FREAKING BALLOT.

Lonestar
11-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Let me add that he just might deserve it,,,,,, but unlikely that the voting public will even know who he is.. Therefore a huge longshot at getting a bid..

Way to many other big names on other teams for him to get the nod..

SR
11-12-2007, 03:40 AM
Look at it this way, if Elvis continues on this track for the whole year and gets snubbed from a Pro-Bowl, at least he'll get more attention next year.

sneakers
11-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Look at it this way, if Elvis continues on this track for the whole year and gets snubbed from a Pro-Bowl, at least he'll get more attention next year.

Yup, that generally is how it works. Baseball is the best example of this...players don't get voted in the All-Star game until the year after they have had a monster season (Even if they are batting like poo the next season).

How many snaps (or %) of plays would you say he plays in a game?

BaiLeY324
11-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Yup, that generally is how it works. Baseball is the best example of this...players don't get voted in the All-Star game until the year after they have had a monster season (Even if they are batting like poo the next season).

How many snaps (or %) of plays would you say he plays in a game?

Al Wilson is an example also

TXBRONC
11-12-2007, 08:19 AM

Exactly, if Elvis can keep doing what he is doing he'll get noticed. It may take a year but that's ok.

Skinny
11-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Elvis is'nt going to win a popularity contest. Fine with me ... as long as he just keeps on keeping on ... i could care less about him making a Pro-Bowl. Honestly, i prefer it that way ... be alot cheaper for us come time to re-sign him ... don't want him getting too many feathers in his cap.;)

Lonestar
11-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Elvis is'nt going to win a popularity contest. Fine with me ... as long as he just keeps on keeping on ... i could care less about him making a Pro-Bowl. Honestly, i prefer it that way ... be alot cheaper for us come time to re-sign him ... don't want him getting too many feathers in his cap.;)

Better yet do not want his head to big to fit into a helmet..

Poet
11-12-2007, 10:22 AM
You don't want your players to make the pro bowl. Some contracts have Pro Bowl incentives and plus even if the player doesn't it still brings the price of the contract up.

SM19
11-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Regardless of the numbers, I don't think there's much of a chance. Even a lot of Denver fans still don't know how to spell his name, so it shouldn't be a surprise if most of the country has never heard of him.

Retired_Member_001
11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
You watch, the whole AFC Pro Bowl roster will be filled with Patriots players. The NFC will be full of the Patriots 2nd string players.

That would be John Madden's dream.

TXBRONC
11-12-2007, 03:25 PM

When Bertrand Berry and Reggie Hayward left neither of them had gone to the Pro-Bowl yet because they put double digit sacks they ended getting huge free agent contracts. The one thing that might work in our favor is the fact that Dumervil is just shy of 6'0" in height.

BaiLeY324
11-12-2007, 04:01 PM
When Bertrand Berry and Reggie Hayward left neither of them had gone to the Pro-Bowl yet because they put double digit sacks they ended getting huge free agent contracts. The one thing that might work in our favor is the fact that Dumervil is just shy of 6'0" in height.

If we ever let Dumervil go, we're retards. I don't care how much money he wants, we have to give it to him, pass rushers like him are one in a million

TXBRONC
11-12-2007, 04:08 PM
If we ever let Dumervil go, we're retards. I don't care how much money he wants, we have to give it to him, pass rushers like him are one in a million

I think much will depend on how Crowder and Moss develop.

DenBronx
11-12-2007, 04:11 PM

isnt freeney 6'1"? dumervill is a little shorter but i think he is a little freeney clone. even when he doesnt get the sack it seems like every play he is making the qb make a quick decision. he's quick and mobile with a huge wingspan. id take that any day over an aged up patrick kerney. kerney has 3.5 sacks with a pretty impressive contract. i just wonder if somehow elvis makes it to the probowl that he would ask for more money.

tim crowder with the 2 sacks looked pretty good too. it makes you wonder really how much rice was holding these young guys back. im really glad shanny made this move. with moss and ekubah coming back next year i think we are going to be more than set at de.

SM19
11-12-2007, 04:14 PM
isnt freeney 6'1"? dumervill is a little shorter but i think he is a little freeney clone. even when he doesnt get the sack it seems like every play he is making the qb make a quick decision. he's quick and mobile with a huge wingspan. id take that any day over an aged up patrick kerney. kerney has 3.5 sacks with a pretty impressive contract. i just wonder if somehow elvis makes it to the probowl that he would ask for more money.

tim crowder with the 2 sacks looked pretty good too. it makes you wonder really how much rice was holding these young guys back. im really glad shanny made this move. with moss and ekubah coming back next year i think we are going to be more than set at de.

Yep. We'll have both good starters and good depth at defensive end next year. All we need now is to shore up the interior of the line.

BaiLeY324
11-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I think much will depend on how Crowder and Moss develop.

Crowder will never be known a pass rusher.

TXBRONC
11-12-2007, 04:17 PM

Yes Freeney is listed as 6'1" but if I'm not mistaken he grew an inch after being drafted by the Colts.

I thought I read last year that Elvis is 5'11 & 7/8" tall. If that's the case he close enough to say he's 6'0".

I was never in favor of having Rice on the team and thought it would only push the young players further down the depth chart. Like you I'm glad they released him.

TXBRONC
11-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Crowder will never be known a pass rusher.

That remains to be seen and the rate he's going I think he will.