PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy Marshall says breaking point with Broncos could be near

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 03:18 PM
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

Posted: 08/19/2009 12:39:02 PM MDT
Updated: 08/19/2009 01:46:10 PM MDT

Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall today admitted he is very behind in learning the offense and that he remains unhappy with team management.

Marshall denied asking the team for more money, but said it is possible his relationship with the team could reach a breaking point. Marshall and his agent, Kennard McGuire, met with front office officials Monday afternoon.

"Unfortunately, sometimes it gets to that point. There are trust issues on both sides and that's understandable," Marshall said. "We've got to try our best to move forward."

Marshall has previously expressed — through a post on his blog — distrust with the team's medical staff over a nagging hip injury from last season, and now said he is

Post Poll: Marshall's contract

Should the Broncos renegotiate Brandon Marshall's contract to give the star receiver more money? Read story

Total Votes = 7139
Yes: He's worth the money for 100 catches.
37.91 %
No: Too many issues, too much money.
62.08 %

unhappy with the team's public relations staff. Marshall said he was "disappointed" to hear from teammates they were told not to publicly say they were happy Marshall was acquitted of misdemeanor battery charges last Friday. Front office officials apologized to Marshall Monday.

"Some things you can't control, and that situation, we feel like we tried to handle that the best we could after that came up," coach Josh McDaniels said. "Just trying to get everyone's mind back on football and practice and doing what we need to do to get ready for Seattle."

It is unclear how much Marshall is a part of the game plan for the second preseason game.

Marshall, the teams' No. 1 wide receiver each of the past two seasons, played only with the scout team offense in Wednesday's morning practice and did not take any reps with the first or second team in the offensive periods.

He said physically he feels "great" but he is not mentally ready to play with the starters. Marshall missed all of the team's offseason minicamps while recovering from hip surgery and missed most of the first two weeks of training camp with a hamstring injury.

He also was excused from camp for several days last week to go to Atlanta for his trial on misdemeanor battery charges.

"You can't go out there and try to take reps with the ones if you really don't know what you're doing out there," Marshall said. "I just got to do my best and catch up in the playbook."

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13160901?source=rss

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Associated Press

Updated: August 19, 2009, 2:59 PM EDT
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - Brandon Marshall has no problem working with the scout team while he plays his way back into Pro Bowl form.

What is bothering him is the way the Denver Broncos handled his acquittal on misdemeanor battery charges last week.
In his first public comments on the matter, Marshall said after Wednesday morning's practice that he was disappointed a member of the team's public relations staff told his teammates not to gloat over his acquittal in an Atlanta courtroom on Friday.

Marshall, who wants a new contract or a trade, said the directive, which he believes came from higher up in the organization, has fostered distrust between him and the team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9955608/Marshall-says-there's-trust-issues-with-Broncos

NameUsedBefore
08-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Marshall said he was "disappointed" to hear from teammates they were told not to publicly say they were happy Marshall was acquitted of misdemeanor battery charges last Friday. Front office officials apologized to Marshall Monday.

Whoa, what is this? That's some terribly low shit if it's true.

Zweems56
08-19-2009, 03:29 PM
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

Posted: 08/19/2009 12:39:02 PM MDT
Updated: 08/19/2009 01:46:10 PM MDT

Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall today admitted he is very behind in learning the offense and that he remains unhappy with team management.

Marshall denied asking the team for more money, but said it is possible his relationship with the team could reach a breaking point. Marshall and his agent, Kennard McGuire, met with front office officials Monday afternoon.

"Unfortunately, sometimes it gets to that point. There are trust issues on both sides and that's understandable," Marshall said. "We've got to try our best to move forward."

Marshall has previously expressed — through a post on his blog — distrust with the team's medical staff over a nagging hip injury from last season, and now said he is

Post Poll: Marshall's contract

Should the Broncos renegotiate Brandon Marshall's contract to give the star receiver more money? Read story

Total Votes = 7139
Yes: He's worth the money for 100 catches.
37.91 %
No: Too many issues, too much money.
62.08 %

unhappy with the team's public relations staff. Marshall said he was "disappointed" to hear from teammates they were told not to publicly say they were happy Marshall was acquitted of misdemeanor battery charges last Friday. Front office officials apologized to Marshall Monday.

"Some things you can't control, and that situation, we feel like we tried to handle that the best we could after that came up," coach Josh McDaniels said. "Just trying to get everyone's mind back on football and practice and doing what we need to do to get ready for Seattle."

It is unclear how much Marshall is a part of the game plan for the second preseason game.

Marshall, the teams' No. 1 wide receiver each of the past two seasons, played only with the scout team offense in Wednesday's morning practice and did not take any reps with the first or second team in the offensive periods.

He said physically he feels "great" but he is not mentally ready to play with the starters. Marshall missed all of the team's offseason minicamps while recovering from hip surgery and missed most of the first two weeks of training camp with a hamstring injury.

He also was excused from camp for several days last week to go to Atlanta for his trial on misdemeanor battery charges.

"You can't go out there and try to take reps with the ones if you really don't know what you're doing out there," Marshall said. "I just got to do my best and catch up in the playbook."

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13160901?source=rss

I'd like to see a quote on that. I dont see anything that marshall said that actually states "we're near a breaking point." I'm pretty sure I saw a quote that said "we've got to try our best to move forward." That shows progress, not regression.

claymore
08-19-2009, 03:31 PM

Its true. It seems we went from Class to Crass in a matter of months.

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 03:33 PM

some minor pr guy did it without clearing it with his boss.. chit happens.. time to unwad his panties and move on..

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
I'd like to see a quote on that. I dont see anything that marshall said that actually states "we're near a breaking point." I'm pretty sure I saw a quote that said "we've got to try our best to move forward." That shows progress, not regression.

well Just cut and pasted what Lindsay wrote and so far she has been pretty good about it..

Zweems56
08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
some minor pr guy did it without clearing it with his boss.. chit happens.. time to unwad his panties and move on..

That.

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
That.

It was my understanding that the guy was trying to get across that the broncos just wanted to move on.. and not get bogged down in more he said she said..

obviously it did not work out that way.. chit happens

G_Money
08-19-2009, 03:41 PM
It happens to us an awful lot this offseason, though, these sorts of "misunderstandings" and "misquotes" and "accidents."

I know a lot of folks are new on the job up there, but if they could stop looking like the gang that couldn't shoot straight long enough to get us to the season reasonably intact, I'd appreciate it.

~G

jrelway
08-19-2009, 03:41 PM
so the pos PR guy needs to be fired. can the sob

Zweems56
08-19-2009, 03:43 PM
so the pos PR guy needs to be fired. can the sob

I'm sure you would enjoy getting fired for making a mistake.

claymore
08-19-2009, 03:44 PM
It happens to us an awful lot this offseason, though, these sorts of "misunderstandings" and "misquotes" and "accidents."

I know a lot of folks are new on the job up there, but if they could stop looking like the gang that couldn't shoot straight long enough to get us to the season reasonably intact, I'd appreciate it.

~G

Exactly. This organization went from class to a soap opera.

jrelway
08-19-2009, 03:45 PM

if i was the PR guy and pulled that shit without consulting with management first? yea i deserved to be fired. it aint just a simple mistake there buddy.

nevcraw
08-19-2009, 03:54 PM
some Minor guy named Joe Ellis. Ellis tossed his underling under the bus post haste as soon as Marshall got wind of their treachery.

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 03:54 PM

~G

perhaps it is not the iron fist of mike everyone is used to working under and a little bit of freedom makes for some mistakes when folks are allowed to think for them selves..:D

Zweems56
08-19-2009, 03:57 PM
if i was the PR guy and pulled that shit without consulting with management first? yea i deserved to be fired. it aint just a simple mistake there buddy.

Just because your job is in front of the public's eye more than anyone else's doesnt mean that making one decision without consulting your boss first should result in an immediate fire. Most people are hired for their ability to work independently and make tough decisions without having to consult their boss every 5 minutes. I'm not condoning his choice, but one mistake does not a career make.

G_Money
08-19-2009, 04:01 PM
First, I'll believe the "rogue agent" PR guy angle about as soon as I believe that Maurice Clarett is innocent. No way do you as the Broncos not give every PR guy the heads up on how to handle whatever happens in the court room. Every angle is covered. This is - or is supposed to be - a professional organization worth hundreds of millions of dollars that is dealing with its now-highest-profile player's legal drama. Not a chance.

But let's say that were true, and it was an issue with one rogue PR dude. The problem is Cutler's FUBAR disaster of communications feeds into this sort of thing and makes it a bigger problem.

If Brandon Marshall didn't believe they were double-dealing Cutler to his face and the media, he will now, because now he feels like they're doing it to him.

And the next guy who goes into contract negotiations or has an injury issue or whatever is gonna wonder if the Broncos are lying to his face and trying to get distant behind his back.

Once you set the tone for talking out of both sides of your mouth you're gonna have a lot of trouble un-doing it.

And we're pretty much there right now. It's got to stop.

Broncos players get fired for getting injured. I'm not sure why I'd worry about sympathy for the staffer who's driving the wedge deeper between Pro Bowl receiver and team, "well-intentioned mistake" or not.

Chaz is right, you can replace Offensive Talent A with B and net sum out the same. But I'd rather add A to B and have a juggernaut. Orton needs a juggernaut, IMO, an over-abundance of offensive talent so that when he gets skittish and makes stupid decisions they can bail him out.

Marshall might not be here long, but I'd prefer to get the most out of him we can and keep his trade value high if we're not gonna invest in that particular stock.

Spitting in his face the day he gets back to camp is not smart. I don't care if the FO authorized somebody to spit in his face or not, they should club that guy down like a baby seal for trying to ruin their relationship with somebody they have millions of dollars invested in.

If you tell your buddy about a client's affair and it winds up on the news and they trace it back to you, you'd expect to get fired. "Taking initiative" with the response to a Pro Bowl WR's legal troubles and trying to keep the team distant from him is a good way to screw things up, and yes, you can be fired for an excess of initiative.

Even if just to make a point, not to Brandon (who won't believe you at this point probably anyway) but to the rest of the team that they aren't just meat to you - even if they are.

I don't mind that McDaniels is an arrogant d-bag. That's fine, most good coaches are.

But losing players in the locker room can neuter even the best coach.

Nip it in the bud.

~G

G_Money
08-19-2009, 04:02 PM
perhaps it is not the iron fist of mike everyone is used to working under and a little bit of freedom makes for some mistakes when folks are allowed to think for them selves..:D

Then we should hire people who CAN think for themselves without screwing stuff up, and fire the ones who prove incompetent.

Though with McDaniels' consolidation of power in a very Shanahan-esque manner I don't see a lot of reason to believe the staffers are a lot freer in the new era than they were in the old.

Time will tell.

~G

Dreadnought
08-19-2009, 04:02 PM

~G

Exactly - things like this demonstrate to me that this crew simply doesn't know how to do their jobs.

As far as firing the PR guy, I'd be all for it if it could be demonstrated that he actually did this and isn't taking the HEAT round for the benefit of those higher up the chain of command - which I also suspect is exactly what happened, and which is why nobody is going to be fired.

frauschieze
08-19-2009, 04:04 PM

And that's where the distrust comes from. How many times have you taken the fall for someone else? I don't know about everyone else here, but there were plenty of times that I took the heat for a call my boss made. Other times, my boss took the heat on something I screwed up.

Honestly, there is no way to know FOR SURE what happened. It's just as likely that the call came down from up higher as it is that this guy acted on his own accord. Based on everything else that has happened this offseason, I can't really blame Marshall for thinking what he does. We used to be a classy organization with a solid rep of caring about players and being media savvy, if not so great with player injuries. Now it seems all we can do is stick our foots in our mouths.

Don't get me wrong. I think Marshall needs to shut up and put up. Learn the damn playbook. But I can't argue the way he feels.

BroncoWave
08-19-2009, 04:07 PM
some Minor guy named Joe Ellis. Ellis tossed his underling under the bus post haste as soon as Marshall got wind of their treachery.

You have any proof of this? If not this is what they call libel in the legal world. You haven't a clue if Ellis knew anything about it.

Zweems56
08-19-2009, 04:10 PM
First, I'll believe the "rogue agent" PR guy angle about as soon as I believe that Maurice Clarett is innocent. No way do you as the Broncos not give every PR guy the heads up on how to handle whatever happens in the court room. Every angle is covered. This is - or is supposed to be - a professional organization worth hundreds of millions of dollars that is dealing with its now-highest-profile player's legal drama. Not a chance.

But let's say that were true, and it was an issue with one rogue PR dude. The problem is Cutler's FUBAR disaster of communications feeds into this sort of thing and makes it a bigger problem.

If Brandon Marshall didn't believe they were double-dealing Cutler to his face and the media, he will now, because now he feels like they're doing it to him.

And the next guy who goes into contract negotiations or has an injury issue or whatever is gonna wonder if the Broncos are lying to his face and trying to get distant behind his back.

Once you set the tone for talking out of both sides of your mouth you're gonna have a lot of trouble un-doing it.

Broncos players get fired for getting injured. I'm not sure why I'd worry about sympathy for the staffer who's driving the wedge deeper between Pro Bowl receiver and team, "well-intentioned mistake" or not.

Chaz is right, you can replace Offensive Talent A with B and net sum out the same. But I'd rather add A to B and have a juggernaut. Orton needs a juggernaut, IMO, an over-abundance of offensive talent so that when he gets skittish and makes stupid decisions they can bail him out.

Marshall might not be here long, but I'd prefer to get the most out of him we can and keep his trade value high if we're not gonna invest in that particular stock.

Spitting in his face the day he gets back to camp is not smart. I don't care if the FO authorized somebody to spit in his face or not, they should club that guy down like a baby seal for trying to ruin their relationship with somebody they have millions of dollars invested in.

If you tell your buddy about a client's affair and it winds up on the news and they trace it back to you, you'd expect to get fired. "Taking initiative" with the response to a Pro Bowl WR's legal troubles and trying to keep the team distant from him is a good way to screw things up, and yes, you can be fired for an excess of initiative.

Even if just to make a point, not to Brandon (who won't believe you at this point probably anyway) but to the rest of the team that they aren't just meat to you - even if they are.

I don't mind that McDaniels is an arrogant d-bag. That's fine, most good coaches are.

Nip it in the bud.

~G

Oh, i'm sure its not as simple as a rogue PR agent, but I'm just saying, if it was, I dont thin the guy needs to get fired over it at his first public mistake.

Dreadnought
08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Don't get me wrong. I think Marshall needs to shut up and put up. Learn the damn playbook. But I can't argue the way he feels.

Yeah, that too. Marshall is in the process of making himself more expendable by the day

Tned
08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Exactly - things like this demonstrate to me that this crew simply doesn't know how to do their jobs.

As far as firing the PR guy, I'd be all for it if it could be demonstrated that he actually did this and isn't taking the HEAT round for the benefit of those higher up the chain of command - which I also suspect is exactly what happened, and which is why nobody is going to be fired.

As Bowlen said following the draft, "McDaniels has made rookie mistakes". He is a new, and young, head coach, with limited experience in the NFL, period. He is making mistakes and is clearly bull headed and has a big ego. Now, that coudl be a 'great' thing, if it results in lots of wins, but there is probably going to continue to be a number of mistakes made along the way.

Even if the low level staffer made the call on his own (which is possible), it is likely that was because of the tone regarding Marshall that came from the top of the organization.

I was talking about this with some of my friends who are Cowboys fan at lunch. As they were saying, McDaniels may be surprised to find out that it isn't 'only' system, that even with a good system, you need talent in that system. Most teams that have very successful, winning systems, also coincidentally have talented players in those systems.

Regardless of whos 'fault' the Cutler trade was, the fact is that a very talented QB is no longer in Denver. Now, it appears we are on the verge of getting rid of one of the top 5 receivers in the league.

spikerman
08-19-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm very proud of you Jr!!!! You made it all the way to the second page to blame everything that's wrong with the Broncos on Mike Shanahan! :D

claymore
08-19-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm very proud of you Jr!!!! You made it all the way to the second page to blame everything that's wrong with the Broncos on Mike Shanahan! :D

ROFLMMFAO!!!!!! Im sure our previous QB had something to do with it as well.

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 04:29 PM

shaking out all the dead wood might take some time,

afterall it took mike 14 years to get it this way.. :D

free thinking/speaking was not a big thing the past few years..

Buff
08-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Nip it in the bud.

~G

Part of the problem is that the pampered professional athletes such as Marshall actually have people buying into the fact that they are mistreated. That they have had their "faces spit on."

I don't buy it for a second. Even if the PR team tried to minimize the positive spin surrounding Brandon's acquittal, I sure as hell don't blame them. The dude's legal troubles aren't exactly a victory for the organization. He hasn't done anyone around here any favors with his off the field behavior. He has made this a battle of public opinion.

All of this boils down to a sense of entitlement. Just like it did with Jay. Brandon feels like he's above certain treatment, and the organization completely disagrees (rightfully so). People have disagreements about the way their employer treats them all the time.

I just don't buy into the "woe is me" routine for even a split second. At the end of the day he needs to look at the big picture and realize that he's a millionaire getting paid to play the game he loves. There is no sympathy coming out of this corner.

GEM
08-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Why shouldn't the Broncos want players to say that they are happy with the outcome for what it brings to the team. Here's a thought. Don't get involved with crazy bishes, don't get the cops called on you numerous times and you won't have to worry about teammates and the front office saying anything.

More of Brandon's wanting the spotlight.

Good for you Brandon. You got acquitted of beating your girl down, now what about the other times that charges weren't pressed. Innocent then too? Shut your effing big mouth, get your ass into camp, catch up on all the ish you missed because of all of YOUR bs and earn your spot on the team. If you can't do that, adi-friggen-os.

nevcraw
08-19-2009, 04:34 PM
You have any proof of this? If not this is what they call libel in the legal world. You haven't a clue if Ellis knew anything about it.

I'm what you call anonymous in the internet world.. hope he doesn't summons me through IM.

PR underlings don't get paid to think..

Dreadnought
08-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Part of the problem is that the pampered professional athletes such as Marshall actually have people buying into the fact that they are mistreated. That they have had their "faces spit on."

I don't buy it for a second. Even if the PR team tried to minimize the positive spin surrounding Brandon's acquittal, I sure as hell don't blame them. The dude's legal troubles aren't exactly a victory for the organization. He hasn't done anyone around here any favors with his off the field behavior. He has made this a battle of public opinion.

All of this boils down to a sense of entitlement. Just like it did with Jay. Brandon feels like he's above certain treatment, and the organization completely disagrees (rightfully so). People have disagreements about the way their employer treats them all the time.

I just don't buy into the "woe is me" routine for even a split second. At the end of the day he needs to look at the big picture and realize that he's a millionaire getting paid to play the game he loves. There is no sympathy coming out of this corner.

Without disagreeing with as much as a single word you wrote (because I basically don't) it is still a PR guy's job to make the organization look good. its his only job. Turd polishing is basically his only job description, and this episode wasn't well managed by the PR team, no matter how you slice it.

I could care less about Marshall at this point, and Cutler is past history. the real issue is as G-Money alluded "how do we make our players believe us going forward"? Doesn't take much to screw that up permanently, and they are perilously close.

dogfish
08-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Why shouldn't the Broncos want players to say that they are happy with the outcome for what it brings to the team. Here's a thought. Don't get involved with crazy bishes, don't get the cops called on you numerous times and you won't have to worry about teammates and the front office saying anything.

More of Brandon's wanting the spotlight.

Good for you Brandon. You got acquitted of beating your girl down, now what about the other times that charges weren't pressed. Innocent then too? Shut your effing big mouth, get your ass into camp, catch up on all the ish you missed because of all of YOUR bs and earn your spot on the team. If you can't do that, adi-friggen-os.

next time, tell us what you really think. . . . :laugh:

Tned
08-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Ohhhh, I miss the Jake years, where Broncos' fans were one, big harmonious family....

claymore
08-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Without disagreeing with as much as a single word you wrote (because I basically don't) it is still a PR guy's job to make the organization look good. its his only job. Turd polishing is basically his only job description, and this episode wasn't well managed by the PR team, no matter how you slice it.

I could care less about Marshall at this point, and Cutler is past history. the real issue is as G-Money alluded "how do we make our players believe us going forward"? Doesn't take much to screw that up permanently, and they are perilously close.

I think our PR guy is our QB coach. :baghead:

GEM
08-19-2009, 04:44 PM
next time, tell us what you really think. . . . :laugh:

So sick of the guy.

Dortoh
I didnt read the whole thread but WTF did Brandon want a keg party with a banner across the room that read "Congrats on not getting found guilty of slappin a ho"

What a turd.

claymore
I didnt read the whole thread but WTF did Brandon want a keg party with a banner across the room that read "Congrats on not getting found guilty of slappin a ho"

What a turd.

Wouldnt you?

Tned
08-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I think our PR guy is our QB coach. :baghead:

At least now that Mike is gone, there is a clear deliniation between the front office (drafting, personell, contracts, team operations, etc.) and the head coaching job.

The problem is when Pat Bowlen said there would be a clear deliniation of those duties, we didn't realize that meant Josh was the head coach and Mr. McDaniels was in charge of the front office.

Dortoh
08-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Wouldnt you?

Of course but I'm better then Brandon so its like comparing apples to oranges

GEM
08-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Wouldnt you?

Nope, I wouldn't slap a ho in the first place. Bish isn't worth it.

claymore
08-19-2009, 04:46 PM
At least now that Mike is gone, there is a clear deliniation between the front office (drafting, personell, contracts, team operations, etc.) and the head coaching job.

The problem is when Pat Bowlen said there would be a clear deliniation of those duties, we didn't realize that meant Josh was the head coach and Mr. McDaniels was in charge of the front office.

Mr Bowlen doesnt remember any of that conversation.

claymore
08-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Nope, I wouldn't slap a ho in the first place. Bish isn't worth it.

I dont think he really slapped her. Lasagna just wanted a pay day.

spikerman
08-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Mr Bowlen doesnt remember any of that conversation.
bah dah bop

GEM
08-19-2009, 04:48 PM
I dont think he really slapped her. Lasagna just wanted a pay day.

He laid the wood on that hooker. :shocked:

claymore
08-19-2009, 04:51 PM
He laid the wood on that hooker. :shocked:

If he hit her it probably would have killed her. The man is a specimen.

Tned
08-19-2009, 04:53 PM
If he hit her it probably would have killed her. The man is a specimen.

I think that's why he was promoted to safety. After hearing the testimony in his trial, they now think he can be the next Troy Polumalu (no idea on that spelling)... ;)

Buff
08-19-2009, 04:56 PM

I agree that credibility is an issue moving forward. But I also think that part of the problem is that you have 2 guys who aren't/weren't buying into the system and trying to undermine the organization in the media when it benefits them.

I really think they are the problem more than the organization... But I know some people disagree... Without being a fly on the wall at Dove Valley, there is no way of knowing.

Tned
08-19-2009, 06:43 PM
I agree that credibility is an issue moving forward. But I also think that part of the problem is that you have 2 guys who aren't/weren't buying into the system and trying to undermine the organization in the media when it benefits them.

I really think they are the problem more than the organization... But I know some people disagree... Without being a fly on the wall at Dove Valley, there is no way of knowing.

That might be true, but as you say, without being a fly on the wall, we don't know.

What we do know is that one, and possibly two, of the more talented guys at their position have been shipped out. Cutler is a top 10 type QB and many expect him to be a top 5 QB soon. Marshall is a top 5 receiver in this league.

That is just talent that can't be replaced with a system.

broncohead
08-19-2009, 06:51 PM

Players ask for trades all the time. Not really something new. Both cases (Marshall and Cutler) was about contract. Cutler should have had a new contract instead we have a new coach who wants to beat his chest. We are seeing the same trend with Marshall. Though he has more issues then Cutler we are seeing the same type of trend.

silkamilkamonico
08-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Players ask for trades all the time. Not really something new. Both cases (Marshall and Cutler) was about contract. Cutler should have had a new contract instead we have a new coach who wants to beat his chest. We are seeing the same trend with Marshall. Though he has more issues then Cutler we are seeing the same type of trend.

I think it's obvious that McDaniels saw Cutler as a turnover machine and he's right. Unfortunately he was wrong about Orton.

Did I read that right? Marshall hasn't even attempted to learn the offense yet?

spikerman
08-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I think it's obvious that McDaniels saw Cutler as a turnover machine and he's right. Unfortunately he was wrong about Orton.

Did I read that right? Marshall hasn't even attempted to learn the offense yet?He probably figured he'd have enough time in jail or during his suspension.

Simple Jaded
08-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Josh McDaniels has 100% total control of everything about the Denver Broncos.......EXCEPT for this JR Public Relations guy? Gotcha. :thumb: He's been given credit for doing whatever it takes to instill a team-first mentality, now fans are supposed to buy that he had nothing to do with this?

Everything that seems to be going right is all about the genius of Josh McDaniels, and everything that goes wrong is somebody else s doing, how convenient.......

Tned
08-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Frank Schwab is reporting that Marshall is back on the scout squad this afternoon, running as a Seattle receiver.

Tned
08-19-2009, 08:36 PM

One thing I wasn't aware of, and maybe some of you didn't either is that the Broncos haven't given players a play book to study.

On if players receive a playbook during the offseason

“We don’t hand out a playbook. If you’re here in the spring, we hand things out daily and go through that and put it in. Then the next day it’s a different thing. So I’m not concerned about that, he’ll be fine. He’s a smart player and a smart kid. He understand what we’re trying to do.”

This is probably why when he talked about Moreno he said that even though he attended all the OTA's he would be way behind, because if you weren't on the field, you fall behind.

However, even Moreno, who wasn't being given the handouts or sitting in the team meetings, was just thrown right into practice, letting him learn on the fly.

dogfish
08-19-2009, 08:45 PM
One thing I wasn't aware of, and maybe some of you didn't either is that the Broncos haven't given players a play book to study.

This is probably why when he talked about Moreno he said that even though he attended all the OTA's he would be way behind, because if you weren't on the field, you fall behind.

However, even Moreno, who wasn't being given the handouts or sitting in the team meetings, was just thrown right into practice, letting him learn on the fly.

that makes me feel a little better, i didn't know that. . . i was kinda pissed when he admitted that-- i assumed he'd just been slacking (and the rest of you did, too, and you know it). . . .

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
that makes me feel a little better, i didn't know that. . . i was kinda pissed when he admitted that-- i assumed he'd just been slacking (and the rest of you did, too, and you know it). . . .

well he has been in camp how many days and appears not to made an attempt to catch up..

some conveniently want to forget that it was HIS decision not to come to OTA's..

he was not locked out of the camp..

and IF they do indeed pick up the books when they go home at night I suspect they did that from day one.. and he was smart enough to know the score..

well maybe he is not smart enough..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

but then I seem to remember some of the comments about the rookies really studying the play books at night in their rooms.. that larsen in particular was carrying 3 of them around and spending all of his time trying to learn them..

horsepig
08-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Exactly. This organization went from class to a soap opera.

For Christ"s sake! Do we need to hire nannies for these millionaires?
Extra-extra giganto large diapers?
Maybe the Broncos should provide Teddy Bears for these guys to cuddle up with after practiceMaybe little soft pillows and big-boy sized rugs for an afternoon nappy time.

Asian Sushi 7
08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
larsen rookie? maybe just moo gai pan talking

horsepig
08-19-2009, 10:39 PM
well he has been in camp how many days and appears not to made an attempt to catch up..

some conveniently want to forget that it was HIS decision not to come to OTA's..

he was not locked out of the camp..

and IF they do indeed pick up the books when they go home at night I suspect they did that from day one.. and he was smart enough to know the score..

well maybe he is not smart enough..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

but then I seem to remember some of the comments about the rookies really studying the play books at night in their rooms.. that larsen in particular was carrying 3 of them around and spending all of his time trying to learn them..

BM has nobody to blame but himself.
I've griped about this since Cutler started whining about, well actually, I never did quite understand what Cutler was so pissed about.
Was it the millions, or the adoration of the fans?

I do feel the team should throw him a bone for his previous performance, but does anyone think that would make him happy (I'm talking 1 or 1.5 million, oh Lord)?

He still should have had his butt in Denver all this time learning the curve!

broncogirl7
08-19-2009, 11:40 PM
I still don't understand what was so wrong with what the PR guy did. He didn't want the players making a big deal about Marshall's acquittal. What the hell is wrong with that?

Tempus Fugit
08-20-2009, 12:24 AM
I still don't understand what was so wrong with what the PR guy did. He didn't want the players making a big deal about Marshall's acquittal. What the hell is wrong with that?

Nothing. This is as petty an issue as Cutler's false horror at the notion that McDaniels fielded phone calls about trading him.

Then again, since it worked to get Cutler out of Denver, maybe Marshall thinks it will work for him. And if someone is willing to give up 2 firsts, a 3rd and a starting receiver to the Broncos, I'm sure Marshall will be right.

Tned
08-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Nothing. This is as petty an issue as Cutler's false horror at the notion that McDaniels fielded phone calls about trading him.

Then again, since it worked to get Cutler out of Denver, maybe Marshall thinks it will work for him. And if someone is willing to give up 2 firsts, a 3rd and a starting receiver to the Broncos, I'm sure Marshall will be right.

I don't think it is that minor a factor.

If you were wrongly accused of raping or beating up an ex-girlfriend, wound up getting suspended from work without pay for 3 weeks and then had the local press talking about it for a year, and then finally went to trial and was aquitted and found not-quilty. If you then found out that on the day you were found not-guilty, your boss had gathered up all your friends and co-workers and told them, "if the press asks you about Tempus being found not-guilty, do not act happy about it and don't say you feel happy for tempus and are glad that he was found not-guilty, just say something like, it's good for our companyt that this is behind us and we can move on".

If that happened to you, you wouldn't be at all miffed with your boss?

Tempus Fugit
08-20-2009, 02:39 AM
I don't think it is that minor a factor.

If you were wrongly accused of raping or beating up an ex-girlfriend, wound up getting suspended from work without pay for 3 weeks and then had the local press talking about it for a year, and then finally went to trial and was aquitted and found not-quilty. If you then found out that on the day you were found not-guilty, your boss had gathered up all your friends and co-workers and told them, "if the press asks you about Tempus being found not-guilty, do not act happy about it and don't say you feel happy for tempus and are glad that he was found not-guilty, just say something like, it's good for our companyt that this is behind us and we can move on".

If that happened to you, you wouldn't be at all miffed with your boss?

No. Why on Earth should I be? The newspapers aren't my source of vindication, the court is. Seeing "Tempus found not guilty" is enough. I don't need "Tempus' coworkers crow with delight at the verdict". That's a private thing between myself and my coworkers, friends and family. Frankly, I'd prefer it if they all told the papers to get stuffed.

Dirk
08-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Wow...what a stupid issue.

If I owned the Broncos that message would be coming from me. Don't say anything that directly links to Marshall, say it was a win for the team and we are glad to get past it.

In the media it should be about the team not the players. If I had someone under contract that was pulling all the crap he is...I wouldn't want to glorify him either. Show me what you have BMarsh on the field and keep your nose clean and then I will respect you and give you your pay day.

I am sooooooo done with BMarsh.

broncofaninfla
08-20-2009, 07:36 AM
I have middle managers under me that handle issues far better than the Broncos brass. This is more embarrasing than how Cutler and Marshall have acted, Nothing short of pathetic.
I keep reading references that Marshall is putting himself above the team. What kind of team alienates a player? He was found NOT GUILTY of a charge that he has been crucified for by the media and fans. Broncos brass blew an opportunity re-establish a postive rapport with Marshall by alienating him and clearly showing him, he is not part of the team.

Tned
08-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Here is a video on ESPN talking about Marshall. Only a minute or so, but I have sound turned off at the moment, so I have no idea what they said in it:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2675/Video--Denver-s-Marshall-remains-a-distraction.html

TXBRONC
08-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Here is a video on ESPN talking about Marshall. Only a minute or so, but I have sound turned off at the moment, so I have no idea what they said in it:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2675/Video--Denver-s-Marshall-remains-a-distraction.html

Basically what Qadry said that having Marshall run on the scout team is not going help him get ready for the season. He also said Marshall has become a distraction. He if wants to be paid like a great player is going to have set this issue behind him and play at high level. In other words if wants to paid well he's going to have to show he can play at high level in this new offensive system. That's not exactly what Qadry said but I think it catches the major points.

Tned
08-20-2009, 11:33 AM
PFT has an entry about the Marshall situation and they reference a Bob Glauber of New York's Newsday 'gut feeling'

Gut feeling: #Broncos will eventually suspend Brandon Marshall for conduct detrimental to the team. Reminds me of Year 2 of T.O. In Philly.

PFT refers again to Marshall's disengaging from practice, but it's hard to know how much truth that has, as he was only running with the scout team, so it wasn't like he chose not to get first team reps.

TXBRONC
08-20-2009, 11:40 AM
I hope they can get things worked before that happens.

claymore
08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
PFT has an entry about the Marshall situation and they reference a Bob Glauber of New York's Newsday 'gut feeling'

PFT refers again to Marshall's disengaging from practice, but it's hard to know how much truth that has, as he was only running with the scout team, so it wasn't like he chose not to get first team reps.

If they cant trade him, this will be awesome, send the message. JMCD's crew needs to tighten this ship up before it sinks.

weazel
08-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Marshall would look good with a boot across his face. Enough of this fool, get rid of the trash and get anything you can for him. Bring on a 7th round pick, anythings better than a wife beating scumbag.

OldschoolFreak
08-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Marshall would look good with a boot across his face. Enough of this fool, get rid of the trash and get anything you can for him. Bring on a 7th round pick, anythings better than a wife beating scumbag.

Come on, this is ridiculous. I'm just as tired of this as the next person on this board but please, regardless of whether or not we make a move to keep him we've got to at very least maximize his potential value to the team.

Would you really trade a 1st round pick for a 7th? Of course not, but that's what you're advocating. This situation needs to be handled delicately so it doesn't implode on the Broncos. And yes, having a potential 1st round draft pick in a trade disappear because the FO gets pissed and takes it personally instead of treating it like the business decision it is is exactly that-an implosion.

Lonestar
08-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Brandon Marshall has no problem working with the scout team while he plays his way back into Pro Bowl form.

What bugs him is the way the Denver Broncos handled his acquittal on misdemeanor battery charges last week.

Marshall said Wednesday in his first public comments about the matter that he was miffed a member of the team's public relations staff told his teammates not to gloat over his acquittal in an Atlanta courtroom on Friday.

Marshall was told the staffer was acting on his own in an attempt to be sensitive, but he believes the directive came from higher in the organization and he suggested the episode fostered distrust between him and the Broncos.

There's a hazard this latest imbroglio could lead to an irreparable rift between the team and its superstar receiver who already is unhappy that the Broncos haven't reworked his contract or traded him.

"Unfortunately, I think it gets to that point," Marshall said. "There are trust issues on both sides. It's understandable. We've got to try our best to move forward."

Trust issues were at the root of the offseason quarterback predicament in Denver that ended with Pro Bowl passer Jay Cutler getting traded after rookie coach Josh McDaniels considered acquiring former pupil Matt Cassel.

Cassel ended up in Kansas City, Cutler was sent to Chicago and Kyle Orton came to Denver.

Marshall, set to make $2.2 million this season, had hoped the verdict in his trial would give him leverage for a new contract, and his agent, Kennard McGuire, met with McDaniels on Monday. Both men have declined to say whether McGuire asked again for a big raise or, barring that, a trade, and Marshall also sidestepped the question.

"From Day One, I never asked the Broncos for more money, and that's from the summertime. The biggest thing was I really disappointed that ... on one of the best days for the past three years of my life, some of my teammates were (told), 'Don't say you're happy for Brandon,"' Marshall said.

"I felt like we need to sit down with the guys upstairs and try to figure out what's really going on."

So, Marshall and his lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, met with Broncos chief operating officer Joe Ellis, who apologized to Marshall.

The Broncos have declined to discuss their side of the story, saying it's an internal issue.

"Some things you can't control," McDaniels said Wednesday when asked about Marshall's reaction. "That situation, we feel like we've tried to handle it the best we could after something like that came out. (We're) trying to get everybody's mind back on football and focus on practice and what we have to do to get ready for Seattle" on Saturday night.

Marshall made it clear when camp started that he wasn't happy in Denver anymore, but he said Wednesday that he had started to come around before hearing about the staffer's admonition.

"I thought we were moving past that and it was just Friday when players were coached to say they weren't happy for me, so it's tough," Marshall said. "It's tough."

Marshall thought he was going to get traded this summer following a meeting with team owner Pat Bowlen. So, does Marshall feel like the Broncos broke a promise?

"In that meeting with ownership it was told to me that they'll do their best to accommodate me with that wish and I'm still here," Marshall said. "I'm a Bronco and all I can do is try my best to get in the best football shape and be that player I was the last three years."

Marshall said he has no ill effects from his hip operation or the hamstring he pulled early in camp but is way behind on the playbook, which prevents him from taking snaps with the starting offense.

Marshall insisted he didn't mind running with the scout team, though, suggesting: "I really want to take those reps and go against Champ Bailey, (Andre') Goodman and (Brian) Dawkins and those guys, so I'm just taking advantage of the talent we have on the defense."

Bailey and Dawkins, however, weren't at practice Wednesday.

Marshall also ran exclusively with the scout team in the evening practice Wednesday, when he imitated Seahawks receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh for the Broncos' defense. Marshall never shed his orange scout-team jersey to run any of the Broncos' offensive plays even though he acknowledged he was "not close at all" to mastering McDaniels' offense and added he needed plenty of work there.

"You can't go out there and take reps with the 1s if you don't know what you're doing out there," Marshall said. "I've got to do my best to catch up in the playbook."

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/Brandon.Marshall.Broncos.2.1135726.html

Chica_Ang
08-22-2009, 02:40 AM
"I just got to do my best and catch up in the playbook."

So, Brandon, let's see it. It has to be about the game and not you. Good luck :salute:

Tned
08-22-2009, 02:50 AM
So, Brandon, let's see it. It has to be about the game and not you. Good luck :salute:

Well, two reporters from the Denver Post are saying it isn't about him not knowing the plays, and that he ran with the 2nd and first units for two days (Sunday and Monday), until his agent met with the Broncos front office and reportedly asked for a renegotiation/extension and when he was told, asked again for Marshall to be traded.

The first practice after that meeting, Marshall ran as the gunner on the scout punt team, and then as a safety on the scout defense. Then, in following practices, he ran as WR on the scout team.

As the the Post says, it appears to either be punishment for his agent's requests, or the fact that the Broncos have made a decision to move on without him and are stashing him on the scout team until he is traded.

ursamajor
08-22-2009, 08:33 AM
My 2 cents. The whole "off field issues" as a reason not to pay Brandon is utter and complete horse shyt. If his personal life truly concerned management as much as aluded too, they would cut him. End if story. See Plaxico Burress, Tank Johnson, Cedric Benson. What Denver is doing with Brandon right now wilk blow up in their face. Marshall is doing everything in camp that I have said he would (feel free to search my posts on 'mania during the OTAs).

1) report to camp

2) "develop" an injury that is impossible to prove false

3) make zero effort to learn the playbook

4) contribute nothing to the team, but still tecnically honor your contract

and when the season starts:

5) "develop" a nagging hamstring, groin, or turftoe injury, and sit out the season whilst getting paid.

And while there are many here who think this wont happen, because he will "hurt his value", the truth of the matter is, Brandon wont want to play, as he will be jeopardizing his career (possibility of career ending injury) for the insulting pittance that Denver is paying him.

And for the whole "uncapped/franchise him" arguement, it will b a repeat if the aforementioned.

Bottom line is either pay, trade, or cut him. Try to force him to play, and the team will lose.

Mike
08-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Good, let him waste a couple years of his prime and look like an ass for doing it. If the Broncos can't get value for him then they shouldn't trade him. They control the situation, not Marshall.

ursamajor
08-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Good, let him waste a couple years of his prime and look like an ass for doing it. If the Broncos can't get value for him then they shouldn't trade him. They control the situation, not Marshall.

And one of those years Brandon will make the average of the top receivers in the league, while lounging. And the Broncos will waste a roster spot, and an average of 7 mil a year in cap space to play chicken. Sounds like a great plan.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2009, 01:12 PM

It's hypocritical, they're supposed to be instilling a team-first mentality but then players were advised against showing support for their teammate.......

silkamilkamonico
08-22-2009, 01:17 PM
It's hypocritical, they're supposed to be instilling a team-first mentality but then players were advised against showing support for their teammate.......

Agreed. Totally hypocritical. I'm glad McDaniels and co made a statement about it and reprimended the PR guy. What he did was totally uncalled for.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Agreed. Totally hypocritical. I'm glad McDaniels and co made a statement about it and reprimended the PR guy. What he did was totally uncalled for.

Me too, obviously it's a good thing that the fans are being kept in the dark about this, otherwise it might appear as though Josh McDaniels has just made yet another "rookie mistake". The Broncos cannot afford to have fans believing that there is no end in sight for these kinds of F'ups.......

silkamilkamonico
08-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Me too, obviously it's a good thing that the fans are being kept in the dark about this, otherwise it might appear as though Josh McDaniels has just made yet another "rookie mistake". The Broncos cannot afford to have fans believing that there is no end in sight for these kinds of F'ups.......

Fans should be kept in the dark. It isn't any of their business. All McDaniels needs to do is win, and this is all a moot arguement to the fans. On the contrary, McDaniels could tell the fans every little in and out of whats happening in the organization to make them happy, and if they go on to lose, that isn't going to matter either.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Fans should be kept in the dark. It isn't any of their business. All McDaniels needs to do is win, and this is all a moot arguement to the fans. On the contrary, McDaniels could tell the fans every little in and out of whats happening in the organization to make them happy, and if they go on to lose, that isn't going to matter either.

But if fans don't know that McDaniels is doing these things on purpose, how will we know what a genius he is? Instead of just making Marshall out to be a selfish me-first player, he should just come out and say; "I'm Josh McDaniels, bitch!".......

Tned
08-22-2009, 01:42 PM

This we can agree on. It is not the coaches or front office's job to 'inform' the fans or media. It is to put a team on the field that can win.

silkamilkamonico
08-22-2009, 01:47 PM
But if fans don't know that McDaniels is doing these things on purpose, how will we know what a genius he is? Instead of just making Marshall out to be a selfish me-first player, he should just come out and say; "I'm Josh McDaniels, bitch!".......

Again, winning. It's the same philosophy New England has. Is there a coincidence that they ahve been the most marketable and profitable NFL teams in the last 5 years?

He doesn't have to make Marshall out to be a selfish "me first"player, Marshall is doing an excellent job of that on his own. Just like Jay Cutler.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Again, winning. It's the same philosophy New England has. Is their a coincidence that they ahve been the most marketable and profitable NFL teams in the last 5 years?

He doesn't have to make Marshall out to be a selfish "me first" player, Marshall is doing an excellent job of that on his own. Just like Jay Cutler.

they have been a team to emulate since Craft bought the team 10-12 years ago.. nothing but class and WINNING..

topscribe
08-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Another article about BMarsh in the "INDenver Times" . . .

I’ll take McDaniels’ accountability any day over Marshall’s immature petulance

By Hunter Ansley
draftzoo@gmail.com

Brandon Marshall would have us belive it's head coach Josh McDaniels’ fault that Marshall has gone public with his plans to ignore the playbook until he’s either traded or given a new contract.

Denver Broncos’ wide receiver Brandon Marshall didn’t travel with the team to Seattle for the second game of the 2009 preseason on Saturday.
He won’t run any routes, he won’t be targeted on any plays, he won’t pace the sidelines, and he won’t jaunt around at safety in pajama pants like a third-grader at a slumber party.

And somehow, this is all Josh McDaniels’ fault.

That’s right. Don’t adjust your monitor; according to Marshall it’s the coach’s fault that he feels his hip injury was misdiagnosed. It’s the coach’s fault that the latest prima donna wide receiver thought his team should focus solely on his acquittal. It’s the coach’s fault that a Broncos’ PR exec thought the players should focus on how Marshall’s acquittal helps the team instead of throwing a parade for a man found not guilty of misdemeanor battery.

And it’s McDaniels’ fault that Marshall has gone public with his plans to ignore the playbook until he’s either traded or given a new contract. Never mind that he has a legal obligation to follow through on the agreement he signed, and you can forget about the fact that football is a team sport, not a self-indulgent reality show, and 52 other colleagues are counting on his production. Brandon Marshall has his feelings hurt because the logo on the helmet is a horse’s head, not a horse’s rear.

So somehow, the man to blame is the one wearing the big headset on the sidelines. Notice a trend? If not, here it is. I’ll spell it out for you: It’s someone else’s fault.

Where’s the accountability? Where’s the camaraderie? Where’s the giant banner that ought to be hanging from Marshall’s locker exclaiming that football is a TEAM sport?

How have so many fans leapt at the throat of a coach who has quite obviously inherited a group composed at the top of me-first athletes?

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe cDaniels is struggling through the most infamous offseason in the history of Denver Broncos football because the last guy let his players pilot the ship? Think about it for a second. Since John Elway’s retirement in 1998, Denver has one playoff win. They’ve only suffered two losing seasons in perhaps the weakest division in professional football, but every time they skate through the regular slate they come up short when it counts despite boasting some impressive individual talent.

I guess that was McDaniels’ fault too. Expunging the squad of two high-profile athletes who had failed to lead the team into the postseason is somehow being sold as an amateur move.

But why? A quarterback who sloughed through a year’s supply of Kleenex because he didn’t like the new offensive system despite the fact that he owned a 17-20 record as the starter with zero playoff berths in the old one? No, thank you. A wide receiver who is actually so self-involved that his solution to not receiving enough personal attention for beating the battery charges was to publicly snivel that he won’t learn the playbook? I’ll pass.

When did the fans decide that fielding a team with coaches that kowtow to their players’ every demand was a solid blueprint for success? I don’t understand what is expected of a coach who is blamed when he demotes a receiver to the scout team for publicly threatening to shirk his responsibilities.

Brandon Marshall made a decision to put himself first. Jay Cutler made the same decision. Other Broncos players are now wearing new colors, or new work clothes for that matter, because they failed to realize that football is not now nor has it ever been an individual sport. When was the last time a team won a Super Bowl because of one man? It hasn’t happened, it won’t happen, and it doesn’t seem all that difficult to realize that running a team that believes it could happen is a bad idea.

Mike Shanahan is a Denver legend, and I won’t chastise him for bringing the Lombardi trophy to a mile-high resting place. But when a new coach comes in and expects hard work, a team attitude and personal accountability over a personal thirst for glory, I won’t fault him for the reactions of a few selfish individuals either.

Is it that hard to believe that maybe, just maybe, McDaniels is the beneficiary of the professional football version of a mutinied ship? Is it impossible that Shanahan was let go because he’d lost control of his team?

Yes, Cutler has a cannon arm and put up hellacious stats under the past regime. Yes, Marshall racked up more than 100 receptions in each of the past two seasons. But where did those performances take the team? To couches placed in front of wall-sized plasma televisions to watch other bands of NFL brothers compete for football’s highest honor.

So, if you ask me, I’ll take the coach who demands the best from his players, the guy who is making the difficult decisions, the man who actually expects others to honor their commitments. You can have the arm strength, the crying, the public traitors, the self-worshipping, the Pro Bowl invites, the century-mark receptions and the integrity of a 2-year-old. Just don’t be surprised when this sport proves for the thousandth time that chains are only as strong as their weakest link.

Links that blindly push the blame aside while reveling in self-pity and the extravaganza of public pouting are as weak as it gets.

http://www.indenvertimes.com/2009/08/22/ill-take-mcdaniels-accountability-any-day-over-marshalls-immature-petulance/

-----

Tned
08-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Another article about BMarsh in the "INDenver Times" . . .

http://www.indenvertimes.com/2009/08/22/ill-take-mcdaniels-accountability-any-day-over-marshalls-immature-petulance/

-----

Well, it certainly isn't an unbiased 'article'. Sounds more like a fans rant on a message board.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 07:41 PM
sounds like I could have written it in fact I wished I did it was indeed brilliant..

factual and a lot of insight.. that many fans will not get..

topscribe
08-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Well, it certainly isn't an unbiased 'article'. Sounds more like a fans rant on a message board.

Could be. Just thought I would post it . . .

-----

Simple Jaded
08-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Again, winning. It's the same philosophy New England has. Is there a coincidence that they ahve been the most marketable and profitable NFL teams in the last 5 years?

He doesn't have to make Marshall out to be a selfish "me first"player, Marshall is doing an excellent job of that on his own. Just like Jay Cutler.

This is not New England and Josh McDaniels is not Bill Belichick.......and not wanting to play for McDaniels does not make a player "me-first", maybe they just have a low tolerance for pretentious bullshit.......

DenBronx
08-23-2009, 12:52 AM
I'll take Marshalls ability and hands anyday over Gaffneys.

Signed,

DenBronx