PDA

View Full Version : Broncos are soft!

silver_black
09-01-2007, 03:44 PM
you donks better hope your offense can consistently score a lot of points every week cause your defense is suspect.

starting up front your d-line is a complete laughing stock. wheres the pressure coming from? an undersized Dumberville? wow, not exactly confidence instilling. then Shanarat panics and signs fat old Sam Adams that can only help 1 down a series....there goes the run stuffing department.

the LBs are average to slightly above average at best. They are quick but can not only be beat but run over. Lynch will be called upon to stop the run with this group - hello deep middle!

even if Bailey puts in another freakish year at CB theres Bly who is highly overrated, not to mention burned numerous times already this preseason, that will be target with good reason. Lynch will be yet again a liability in the passing game.

gone are the days of Donk fans with threads that say "Our D is a top 5 - hows yours?"

Simple Jaded
09-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Blame the personel guy!

Chidoze
09-01-2007, 04:25 PM
I can deal with soft.......at least we're not invisible, like the Raiders will be this year. :heh:

dogfish
09-01-2007, 05:32 PM
uhhhhh. . . .

QUICK, LOOK OVER THERE!!!! ----->>

*runs away*

silver_black
09-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I can deal with soft.......at least we're not invisible, like the Raiders will be this year. :heh:

invisible...? why are you gonna close your eyes when you watch the games? :confused:

topscribe
09-02-2007, 02:42 PM
invisible...? why are you gonna close your eyes when you watch the games? :confused:
:lol: That's a good one, Silver!

Now, I for one don't think your team will be invisible. :smile:

I have never known of an invisible little stepsister . .. :coffee:

-----

DenBronx
09-02-2007, 02:58 PM

ill close my eyes in prayer everytime culpepper gets knocked flat on his @$$. hopefully he escapes without injury.

Watchthemiddle
09-02-2007, 07:57 PM

I won't, but you probably will have your eyes closed in prayer during every Raider game asking for forgiveness for being a Raider fan....:laugh:

silver_black
09-08-2007, 03:12 PM
I won't, but you probably will have your eyes closed in prayer during every Raider game asking for forgiveness for being a Raider fan....:laugh:

speaking of closing my eyes, i mustve been sawing logs when the donks were on TV this preseason cause Fishsticks/Fins4life just told me a stat i was unaware of. He said the Donks did not force one single punt the entire preseason. :tsk: :wave:

man i did get some good sleep when your D took the field those games zzzzzzzzzz :deadhorse:

dogfish
09-08-2007, 03:23 PM
speaking of closing my eyes, i mustve been sawing logs when the donks were on TV this preseason cause Fishsticks/Fins4life just told me a stat i was unaware of. He said the Donks did not force one single punt the entire preseason. :tsk: :wave:

man i did get some good sleep when your D took the field those games zzzzzzzzzz :deadhorse:

apparently you didn't watch your own offense in a single game that counted last year, because if you had you'd have been better rested than rip van winkle. . . . :D

Crush05
09-08-2007, 03:34 PM
LOL we are soft!!! That is coming from a guy who supports a team that uses walkers! The owner looks like he has been dead and dug up over and over.... hmmmmm we could tell that by his choices and the running of his franchise! And you call us soft!!!! 2-14 for you again this year! The only thing soft you will see from us is what comes out of our rear while your in the basement once again!

silver_black
09-08-2007, 03:34 PM
apparently you didn't watch your own offense in a single game that counted last year, because if you had you'd have been better rested than rip van winkle. . . . :D

thats it Dog, just keep hoping were that same team with that archaic offense. go on keep underestimating.

all we need is the O to score just a handful of points.

way to sidestep though - arent Donks always the ones crying at Raider fans to stop bringing up the past :confused: :laugh:

silver_black
09-08-2007, 03:38 PM
LOL we are soft!!! That is coming from a guy who supports a team that uses walkers! The owner looks like he has been dead and dug up over and over.... hmmmmm we could tell that by his choices and the running of his franchise! And you call us soft!!!! 2-14 for you again this year! The only thing soft you will see from us is what comes out of our rear while your in the basement once again!

is this a serious reply - or did you cut and past this from somebody elses tired smack? - please tell me this is borrowed stuff :tsk:

8 of our returning starters on D are under 27, there are only 3 players over 32 on the team. this is one of the youngest teams in football.

YOUR TEAM IS SOFT! i like the way they cry when they get pushed around the field by other teams WAAAAH!

Crush05
09-08-2007, 03:42 PM
is this a serious reply - or did you cut and past this from somebody elses tired smack? - please tell me this is borrowed stuff :tsk:

8 of our returning starters on D are under 27, there are only 3 players over 32 on the team. this is one of the youngest teams in football.

YOUR TEAM IS SOFT! i like the way they cry when they get pushed around the field by other teams WAAAAH!

LOL your a funny one! You know I came to the Faiders nation last year!!! You know something the only crying I heard and saw came from your team and a majority of your fans!!!! Your stadium, fans and team are soft!!!!!!:closed_2::boring:

Kapaibro
09-08-2007, 03:43 PM
But they have a delicious crunchy centre!

dogfish
09-08-2007, 03:47 PM
thats it Dog, just keep hoping were that same team with that archaic offense. go on keep underestimating.

all we need is the O to score just a handful of points.

way to sidestep though - arent Donks always the ones crying at Raider fans to stop bringing up the past :confused: :laugh:

i'm not underestimating-- i think you guys are gonna give KC all they can handle in the race for :third:

silver_black
09-08-2007, 03:48 PM
LOL your a funny one! You know I came to the Faiders nation last year!!! You know something the only crying I heard and saw came from your team and a majority of your fans!!!! Your stadium, fans and team are soft!!!!!!:closed_2::boring:

another amazing insight into the intricacies of football provided by Crush05!

dont lie we all know you've never been to live football game, you sound like the typical cat who gets all his info from ESPN then regurgitates some tired smack.

silver_black
09-08-2007, 03:50 PM
i'm not underestimating-- i think you guys are gonna give KC all they can handle in the race for :third:

but wait, that was the Broncos spot last year! :rolleyes: surely the mighty donks wont repeat last years performance right? they've gotten so much better havent they? :laugh:

Crush05
09-08-2007, 03:53 PM
another amazing insight into the intricacies of football provided by Crush05!

dont lie we all know you've never been to live football game, you sound like the typical cat who gets all his info from ESPN then regurgitates some tired smack.

Your quite funny!:laugh: You know I have more respect than you do on your own boards!:shocked: I happened to meet some decent real Raider fans there in Oak town last year and they are a class act! It is fans like you that gives your team a nickname as the Faiders and a punk reputation! Typical of a lil man trying to fill bigger shoes than he can!!!!

dogfish
09-08-2007, 03:55 PM
but wait, that was the Broncos spot last year! :rolleyes: surely the mighty donks wont repeat last years performance right? they've gotten so much better havent they? :laugh:

i haven't denied that i'm concerned about the defense, although i think there's enough talent there that bates should be able to patch something together. . . but yea, i do think the offense will be seriously improved-- and it really shouldn't take much to be better than the squaws and faders. . .

tell me honestly silver, can you predict with a straight face that your sorry squad will do better than third? go ahead, i'm waiting-- this should be good!

SM19
09-08-2007, 04:00 PM

Please. You'll be missing that archaic offense you had last year by halftime tomorrow.

silver_black
09-08-2007, 04:24 PM
i haven't denied that i'm concerned about the defense, although i think there's enough talent there that bates should be able to patch something together. . . but yea, i do think the offense will be seriously improved-- and it really shouldn't take much to be better than the squaws and faders. . .

tell me honestly silver, can you predict with a straight face that your sorry squad will do better than third? go ahead, i'm waiting-- this should be good!

i do think the Chiefs have their concerns as do we. I do think your team will be forced to score a lot of points this year because your D is will have its troubles up front with pressuring QBs and stopping the run.

so you're hoping Bates can patch things together. mmmm that sounds like confidence instilling.

Better than third, most likely not. we will be a decidedly better team than last year.

shank
09-08-2007, 05:15 PM
=
Better than third, most likely not. we will be a decidedly better team than last year.

'decidedly better' will still be well within the realm of sucktitude.

BroncoWave
09-08-2007, 05:18 PM
'decidedly better' will still be well within the realm of sucktitude.

Your sig is scary! :shocked:

Crush05
09-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Soft you say!!!

Broncos 1-0
Raiders 0-1 and you lost to Detroit!!!!!! :tsk:

Now tell me who is soft lol!!!:laugh:

Watchthemiddle
09-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Soft you say!!!

Broncos 1-0

Not only to Detroit, but at HOME...!!!! :laugh:

SR
09-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Here we go Lions here we go!!!!:wave:

topscribe
09-09-2007, 11:54 PM
i do think the Chiefs have their concerns as do we. I do think your team will be forced to score a lot of points this year because your D is will have its troubles up front with pressuring QBs and stopping the run.

so you're hoping Bates can patch things together. mmmm that sounds like confidence instilling.

You could actually say that after we signed Simeon Rice? :eek:

We added Rice to a group including Dumervil, who had 20 sacks his senior
year and backed that up with 8½ sacks as a rookie here, and Jarvis Moss,
a first-rounder known for his pass rush.

Now, even before our showing today, your assertion was asinine.

But after watching our defense stiffen up, and your defense wave at a
pride of Lions as they romped by, all I have to say is :laugh: .... :lol: .... http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

-----

silver_black
09-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Soft you say!!!

Broncos 1-0

figured you'd be jumping up and down after pulling out a squeaker against the high-powered Bills offense :rolleyes:

never did i overlook the Lions or predict a victory - but i am disappointed.

silver_black
09-10-2007, 09:14 PM
You could actually say that after we signed Simeon Rice?

We added Rice to a group including Dumervil, who had 20 sacks his senior
year and backed that up with 8½ sacks as a rookie here, and Jarvis Moss,
a first-rounder known for his pass rush.

Now, even before our showing today, your assertion was asinine.

But after watching our defense stiffen up, and your defense wave at a
pride of Lions as they romped by, all I have to say is :laugh: .... .... http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

-----

wash rinse repeat above Tops.

Jarvis Moss was so impressive in the preseason that there was some strange need to add Rice? :confused:

definitely looking forward to next weeks match for sure. then you can take credit for a win if you do, but gloating on behalf of the Lions victory....even for Tops thats surprising. well actually guess not:tsk:

B~ly~n~ch~amp
09-11-2007, 10:21 PM
The Broncos defense is soft???

They are #1 in the league in yards against I believe!!!!

They must be soft!!!!

By the way....didn't Chokeland just give up 36 points to the Lions in the Black Hole :confused:

Good luck Sunday....your QB carosel is going to need it :laugh:

The Horses Mouth
09-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Raider fan giving a negative comment on broncos?

LMAO. Your team should win a game then we might be able to talk. :laugh:

omac
09-12-2007, 03:05 AM
gone are the days of Donk fans with threads that say "Our D is a top 5 - hows yours?"

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1383

Our defense is a top 5, how's yours?

Passing Defense #27, Oakland Raiders, 284 Yards Allowed.
Rushing Defense #18, Oakland Raiders, 108 Yards Allowed.

:lol:

topscribe
09-12-2007, 11:24 AM

Week #1 - points allowed to opposing team

Broncos - 14
Silly & Lack - 36

Sweet dreams. :elefant:

-----

dogfish
09-12-2007, 11:40 AM
yea, you guys are real funny taking things all out of context. . . sure they didn't have a very impressive performance, but you've got to take into account who they were playing-- the mighty detroit lions! RAAAWRRR!!

Day1BroncoFan
09-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Whether the Broncos are soft or not will be seen.

The point is how hard will it be for you to eat this thread after we give your team a hard whippin'.:elefant:

topscribe
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
yea, you guys are real funny taking things all out of context. . . sure they didn't have a very impressive performance, but you've got to take into account who they were playing-- the mighty detroit lions! RAAAWRRR!!
It's an awful thing, getting thrown to the Lions the very first week, isn't it? :laugh:

-----

SR
09-12-2007, 04:32 PM
It's an awful thing, getting thrown to the Lions the very first week, isn't it? :laugh:

-----

The Raiders didn't even get a tune up game! ROFL!

underrated29
09-12-2007, 04:33 PM
we're soft?..

right.

and you guys are about as hard as a blind man in a nudist colony.

and if thats not enough, you might as well call us lorena bobbit. Because when were are done... well. you know whats going to happen next.

topscribe
09-12-2007, 04:50 PM
The Raiders didn't even get a tune up game! ROFL!
Now, who would be a tune-up for the Silly & Lack? :confused:

-----

dogfish
09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Now, who would be a tune-up for the Silly & Lack? :confused:

-----

two weeks ago i'd have said appalachian state, but now i'm not sure the fade could handle them. . . .

Watchthemiddle
09-12-2007, 05:22 PM
two weeks ago i'd have said appalachian state, but now i'm not sure the fade could handle them. . . .

Then I guess we will have to go with Michigan..:laugh:

Ummm...well maybe not. As bad as the Wolverines are playing, they might actually look like App state playing the Raiders...:laugh:

TXBRONC
09-13-2007, 02:01 PM

More like meow. :lol:

silver_black
09-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Whether the Broncos are soft or not will be seen.

The point is how hard will it be for you to eat this thread after we give your team a hard whippin'.:elefant:

i'll be here. been talking smack for over 2 years now on these boards and as always i come back to eat some crow if necessary. question is will you scrubs :confused:

you think that squeaker of a victory over a depleted Buffalo defense really scares anybody is straight bananas. you guys were losing the entire game and won with seconds remaining. i'll admit that last second drive and kick was impressive, the rest of the game.....mmmph.....not so much.

just make sure you all dont go on some strange "vacation" after Sunday cause i'll be here regardless :heh:

Medford Bronco
09-13-2007, 08:45 PM
i'll be here. been talking smack for over 2 years now on these boards and as always i come back to eat some crow if necessary. question is will you scrubs :confused:

you think that squeaker of a victory over a depleted Buffalo defense really scares anybody is straight bananas. you guys were losing the entire game and won with seconds remaining. i'll admit that last second drive and kick was impressive, the rest of the game.....mmmph.....not so much.

just make sure you all dont go on some strange "vacation" after Sunday cause i'll be here regardless :heh:

I shall return silver. I take my http://www.epyon-1.com/blog/archives/images/Robitussin.jpg

no matter what.

I think both teams have flaws. The Raiders with their pass defense and the Broncos with their inability to score tds. yards are all well and good if you get tds, not fgs out of drives.

in all seriousness, this game scares me because Oak is not that bad as people say and I still think the Broncos have their own issues to deal with.

silver_black
09-13-2007, 08:57 PM
I shall return silver. I take my http://www.epyon-1.com/blog/archives/images/Robitussin.jpg

no matter what.

I think both teams have flaws. The Raiders with their pass defense and the Broncos with their inability to score tds. yards are all well and good if you get tds, not fgs out of drives.

in all seriousness, this game scares me because Oak is not that bad as people say and I still think the Broncos have their own issues to deal with.

haha to quote Chris Rock "let that Tussin get to the bone!" :laugh:

Med youre my man, but some of these guys go missing when their team has a bad day.

i'll be taking roll when that "stuff" hits the fan this weekend. :beer:

topscribe
09-13-2007, 09:09 PM

Yeah, I suppose 470 yards total offense isn't much. :coffee:

Oh well, we should have made more TDs, that's true. That's why you are
next. We need to get some of those things ironed out, and you're our
practice squad. :elefant:

-----

silver_black
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I suppose 470 yards total offense isn't much. :coffee:

Oh well, we should have made more TDs, that's true. That's why you are
next. We need to get some of those things ironed out, and you're our
practice squad.

-----

hello! you still dont get it do you? that Bills team was already void of defensive stars from a year ago - on top of that it was a depleted and banged up defense for this years squad too. we're talking scrubs stepping in for scrubs!?! :confused:

but please go on and tell me how you squeaked by them some more :deadhorse:
mighty impressive :eek:

dogfish
09-13-2007, 10:08 PM
hello! you still dont get it do you? that Bills team was already void of defensive stars from a year ago - on top of that it was a depleted and banged up defense for this years squad too. we're talking scrubs stepping in for scrubs!?! :confused:

hey, it beats LOSING. . . .

i hope lane kiffin is ready for his "property of mike shanahan" tattoo. . .

:D

topscribe
09-13-2007, 10:12 PM

Hmmm . . . if you're talking about the raiderettes stepping in this week for our third team, yes. :coffee:

-----

silver_black
09-13-2007, 10:34 PM
hey, it beats LOSING. . . .

i hope lane kiffin is ready for his "property of mike shanahan" tattoo. . .

:D

no doubt i'd take an ugly win anytime, but the amount of "stat ranking" posts after week 1 and the opponent would make you think that Donks pulled one out against the defending champs or something.

Hmmm . . . if you're talking about the raiderettes stepping in this week for our third team, yes. :coffee:

-----

Tops you wouldve been better off posting your gay elephant again :elefant:

make sure you're here if things go "not as planned" :ciao:

Day1BroncoFan
09-13-2007, 10:57 PM

I'll be here win or lose scrubs.

I didn't even mention any buffalo in my post. Quit pulling rabbits out of your hat scrubs. What we did Sunday is won what you did on Sunday is lose in case you don't remember.

The Broncos did what they had to do. The raiders played like they have for the last decade, crappy which is what they will do on the coming Sunday.

P.S. I look for the raiders to puke on themselves this Sunday... again.

dogfish
09-13-2007, 11:04 PM
no doubt i'd take an ugly win anytime, but the amount of "stat ranking" posts after week 1 and the opponent would make you think that Donks pulled one out against the defending champs or something.

you won't catch me doing that stuff-- i might mention stats once in a while if it's something particularly striking, but i don't need them to smack. . . that's gridiron chump style. . . the day i need to quote any stats besides wins and losses to smack the faders, just shoot me. . . . :lol:

it's not like there isn't plenty of other ammo available. . .

also, i'm not close to ready to declare that denver is a particularly good team this year-- we definitely have that potential, but i won't act like we're some juggernaut until i see some real evidence. . . of course, we don't exactly need to be world-beaters to beat down the faders-- detroit proved that!

:laugh:

silver_black
09-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Last year was their first year in the "Tampa 2". They gave up a ton of yards but rarely gave up points finishing 10th in points allowed. Besides high priced players like Nate Clements aren't a necessity in that scheme.

They pretty much stayed true to their formula... we rolled a ton of yards but couldn't get the TDs.

We got the win and our 2nd year QB looked pretty damn good overall... passing at will. (not perfect though).

After that game, our passing game appears to be better, our running game is better and the defense appears to be better as well. Doesn't bode well for the Raiders does it? :D
yeah you're right. who needs some nobody like Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes.....

yeah those guys wouldnt have made much difference

i stand corrected. amazing vicotory indeed! :eek:

TXBRONC
09-13-2007, 11:31 PM
haha to quote Chris Rock "let that Tussin get to the bone!" :laugh:

Med youre my man, but some of these guys go missing when their team has a bad day.

i'll be taking roll when that "stuff" hits the fan this weekend. :beer:

I'll be around either way, however I feel very confident that I wont be the one eating crow. ;)

topscribe
09-13-2007, 11:59 PM
You'd better hope your girls don't fall down the steps from the plane before they ever get to the field. http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

-----

GEM
09-14-2007, 01:19 PM

Tops you wouldve been better off posting your gay elephant again :elefant:

:eek: The :elefant: is gay??

sanluis
09-14-2007, 01:52 PM
The Bills sure gave Denver a good fight. Not too much to hang your hat on just yet though Denver. It was just the Bills and the first game of the season. Not that the Raiders have much of a chance in Denver. It is way too early for snow so Denver should be safe! :D:2thumbs:

Devilspawn
09-14-2007, 02:14 PM
BTW whats it like having Tatum Bell and Jon Kitna come in and tear apart that "vaunted" defense? :laugh:
Rob Ryan used a game plan he didn't use all last year, and it failed. It won't happen again.

underrated29
09-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Rob Ryan used a game plan he didn't use all last year, and it failed. It won't happen again.

didnt use a game plan that he used all last year?????

what???

isnt that what you do for your opponent, GAME PLAN?

it would make sense that he didnt use it last year if you guys didnt play the ferocious lions. Unless you did? did you. i have no idea. if you did you would think then that any game plan would be better then last years.

(assuming you lost to them, assuming you played them)

or we can just assume that had you played them you would have lost.

*side note*--hey san hows the bet going? let me see, i think it is somewhere along the lines of:

henry-139 yrds
LT- 30 yrds
+/- 10 for him.

we both got tough matchups this week, NE is good and oak always plays us tough- or we just play down to their level- either way.

topscribe
09-14-2007, 02:27 PM
The Bills sure gave Denver a good fight. Not too much to hang your hat on just yet though Denver. It was just the Bills and the first game of the season. Not that the Raiders have much of a chance in Denver. It is way too early for snow so Denver should be safe! :D:2thumbs:
The game reminded me of the boxer who beats the snot out of the other
guy but can't knock him out. A total offense of 470 yards but 15 points can
foster that kind of vision.

The Raiders are at least as good as the Bills. But if we have another week of
can't-put-it-in-the-endzone, we're going to have another of "those games."

Meanwhile, you're going to need more than 14 points this week. :coffee:

-----

TXBRONC
09-14-2007, 02:58 PM

That doesn't make any sense.

dogfish
09-14-2007, 03:10 PM

what was this mysterious new gameplan, to lie down and let the offense walk all over them? looked like it worked just fine to me. . . . i can hear him now-- "whatever you do, guys, don't prevent them from getting the ball!" yea, i can see why he didn't use that one last year. . . :laugh:

Devilspawn
09-14-2007, 03:16 PM
We use man to man and blitz. We rarely blitzed Kitna and played a ton of zone. The Raiders site doesn't have a search engine (yet they charge you for info) but I'll find the article over the weekend, you overrated donkeys.

dogfish
09-14-2007, 03:29 PM
We use man to man and blitz. We rarely blitzed Kitna and played a ton of zone. The Raiders site doesn't have a search engine (yet they charge you for info) but I'll find the article over the weekend, you overrated donkeys.

geez. . . of all the NFL team sites, that's the one that should be free! what about winning two games last year says "we should charge them to use this site?" must need the cash to pay jamarcus. . .

TXBRONC
09-14-2007, 03:42 PM
what was this mysterious new gameplan, to lie down and let the offense walk all over them? looked like it worked just fine to me. . . . i can hear him now-- "whatever you do, guys, don't prevent them from getting the ball!" yea, i can see why he didn't use that one last year. . . :laugh:

That's scheme they used on offense last year.

Devilspawn
09-14-2007, 03:51 PM
geez. . . of all the NFL team sites, that's the one that should be free! what about winning two games last year says "we should charge them to use this site?" must need the cash to pay jamarcus. . .

I got banned for complaining about their Premium option... on the Broncos board no less. You should see how they advertise the site. I don't mind advertising for helping the server costs, but since no other fan has to pay for info, why should I?

They did have the Jamarcus signing 20 hours before it went public. I don't mind waiting 20 hours, especially when I can't tell anyone on the site anyway.

Raiders 27
Broncos 23

^ free fact right there.

TXBRONC
09-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I got banned for complaining about their Premium option... on the Broncos board no less. You should see how they advertise the site. I don't mind advertising for helping the server costs, but since no other fan has to pay for info, why should I?

They did have the Jamarcus signing 20 hours before it went public. I don't mind waiting 20 hours, especially when I can't tell anyone on the site anyway.

Raiders 27
Broncos 23

^ free fact right there.

More like psychotic break with reality.

Devilspawn
09-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Luckily someone on the board bumped it. Here is what it was:

What seemed to be the strength of the Oakland Raiders all last season turned out to be the glaring weakness to begin the new one.

The secondary, which was torched for 289 yards against the Jon Kitna-led Detroit Lions on Sunday, appeared helpless, discouraged and, at times, lost. The performance was a far cry from 2006. In fact, it was 138 yards off the team's '06 average of 151 yards against.

On the surface, this should appear to be a major problem for the Raiders. The secondary was supposed to be a sure thing. It was the one part of the team that apparently needed zero fixing.

All said and done, it still is, despite last Sunday's poor performance.

To start, Oakland won't meet a receiving combo as potent as the one the Lions bring to the table until Week 15, which falls all the way in mid-December.

The Lions' cast made up of Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, and Mike Furrey is perhaps the most talent-filled lineup in the NFL outside of the Indianapolis Colts'. When the Raiders meet with Indy late in the season, they'll be forced to deal with a comparable triumvirate of Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Anthony Gonzalez. On paper, this is actually a better matchup for the Raiders' cornerbacks than was the Lions.

It's no question of a lack of ability or measureables, either.

The Raiders' starting secondary -- Nnamdi Asomugha, Fabian Washington, Stuart Schweigert and Michael Huff -- consists of arguably the top four starting defensive backs in the NFL in terms of athleticism. Three of the four are first-rounders, while the lone man out, Schweigert, was an early third-rounder in 2004. Last season, Asomugha and Washington alone combined for 12 interceptions and over 20 passes defensed.

In terms of measureables, three of the four are at least 6 feet, while at a suitable 5-11, the smallest is Washington. However, he's also the quickest. In 2005, the 185-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 4.29 seconds, tied for the fastest of all defensive backs in that year's draft class. Whom was he tied with? Oakland's third cornerback, Stanford Routt.

Luckily, each of the five DBs listed above came out of Week 1's injury-filled Sunday healthy. Other unfortunate NFL ball clubs like the Buffalo Bills lost half of their starting secondary to injury.

That being said, expect a major change in Oakland's defensive backfield heading into Week 2. Primarily, look for this transformation to come from the direction of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

Last week, the 44-year-old seemingly over-thought his game plan.

Ryan resorted to several zone packages and a variety of mixed coverage types to throw off the Lions' high-powered passing attack.

Instead, he threw off his own defense, and the Lions threw with ease.

Expect to see a simplified game plan in Denver on Sunday, in which man-to-man coverage becomes the primary defense mechanism once again. Last season, this was how Oakland earned its identity as one of the top passing defenses in the NFL. Ryan took advantage of his secondary's athleticism and relied less on guesswork.

"We had some missed assignments and breaks here or there," head coach Lane Kiffin said of last Sunday's performance.

"We are going to get [that] fixed."

It shouldn't take long for the Raiders' secondary to prove Kiffin right.

What you saw last week in Oakland won't happen in Denver, and it won't be more by the Broncos, especially when they aren't as talented in wideout. Better back, yes. Better QB? Up in the air.

And Culpepper is a major step up even though he knows less of the playbook. McCown missed open guys and went for dink and dunk which is why he is who he is. Curry is going to have a field day with Bly.

sanluis
09-14-2007, 04:36 PM
The game reminded me of the boxer who beats the snot out of the other
guy but can't knock him out. A total offense of 470 yards but 15 points can
foster that kind of vision.

The Raiders are at least as good as the Bills. But if we have another week of
can't-put-it-in-the-endzone, we're going to have another of "those games."

Meanwhile, you're going to need more than 14 points this week. :coffee:

-----

That was a impressive output by Denver's O and Jay showed so great leadership at the end of the game to get the win!

Flying all the way to the east coast and playing NE is going to take way more than 14 points!! Hopefully River's and our O-line play better so we can have half a chance.
:beer:

dogfish
09-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Curry is going to have a field day with Bly.

that's funny. . . last week, it was bill's fans telling us how lee evans was "uncoverable"-- and ronald curry is no lee evans!

spawn, i'm glad the faders site banned you-- way more fun for us to have you over here. . .

in related news, you're going down in FF this week as well. . . . :beer:

sanluis
09-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Luckily someone on the board bumped it. Here is what it was:

What you saw last week in Oakland won't happen in Denver, and it won't be more by the Broncos, especially when they aren't as talented in wideout. Better back, yes. Better QB? Up in the air.

And Culpepper is a major step up even though he knows less of the playbook. McCown missed open guys and went for dink and dunk which is why he is who he is. Curry is going to have a field day with Bly.

I think the Lions were just stealing your signs!:eek::D:lol:

Devilspawn
09-14-2007, 04:50 PM
that's funny. . . last week, it was bill's fans telling us how lee evans was "uncoverable"-- and ronald curry is no lee evans!

spawn, i'm glad the faders site banned you-- way more fun for us to have you over here. . .

in related news, you're going down in FF this week as well. . . . :beer:

Which one is it. I think we're in 2 or 3 of the same leagues. :first:

Lee Evans, I wasn't convinced he was going to have a big game because Champ was covering him and Losman was throwing to him. Bad combo. Curry won't have either. :first:

Devilspawn
09-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I think the Lions were just stealing your signs!:eek::D:lol:
I'll buy that. :beer:

dogfish
09-14-2007, 04:58 PM

Lee Evans, I wasn't convinced he was going to have a big game because Champ was covering him and Losman was throwing to him. Bad combo. Curry won't have either. :first:

league of loonies (had to check-- i've got too many :lol: ). . .

and dre bly actually covered evans almsot the entire game. . .

topscribe
09-14-2007, 05:56 PM

Oh, and what will Curry have?

You wouldn't be alluding to our other Pro Bowl cornerback, would you? :coffee:

-----

TXBRONC
09-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh, and what will Curry have?

You wouldn't be alluding to our other Pro Bowl cornerback, would you? :coffee:

-----

You mean the one that covered Evans most of the day? (Dre Bly)

HORSEPOWER 56
09-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Silver, I hate to have to say it, but seriously...You got beaten by DETROIT at HOME...:laugh:

Not exactly what I would consider HARD. More like a lame :duck:

ThunderGirl
09-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I cannot wait to see this game LIVE!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Not that it is gonna br that hard to win!;)

silver_black
09-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Silver, I hate to have to say it, but seriously...You got beaten by DETROIT at HOME...:laugh:

Not exactly what I would consider HARD. More like a lame :duck:

i hate to say it too, but thats how it went down. our secondary got beat by one hell of a WR set.

this week im more concerned with Henry than your WRs. no more zones, just man to man for our DBs.

WTE
09-15-2007, 07:20 PM
i hate to say it too, but thats how it went down. our secondary got beat by one hell of a WR set.

this week im more concerned with Henry than your WRs. no more zones, just man to man for our DBs.

I have a feeling your Raiders are gonna do something special tomorrow.

Go Raiders!!!

Day1BroncoFan
09-15-2007, 07:20 PM

If Henry has a good game our WR's will also. We just need to finish drives with points for starters.

Crush05
09-15-2007, 08:33 PM

Go Raiders!!!

Ahhh from one cheat of a team to the chump of a team!!!!

dogfish
09-15-2007, 09:11 PM

Go Raiders!!!

what's so special about losing. . . ??

:confused:

dogfish
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
well fader fans, it was as close as could be, but the good guys prevailed in the end-- hope you enjoyed getting that close, it may not happen again for another decade or so. . . . :cheers:

Devilspawn
09-16-2007, 07:04 PM
well fader fans, it was as close as could be, but the good guys prevailed in the end-- hope you enjoyed getting that close, it may not happen again for another decade or so. . . . :cheers:

Yeah yeah yeah that's what you said last year, yesterday and two minutes prior to kickoff. Lucky we don't have our sh-- together and that McCown is still in the United States. See you in Oakland whe we will have it together. Hopefully you will too.

BTW, who's winning in the ff league I haven't checked.

topscribe
09-16-2007, 07:29 PM

Well, you just got beat by another one hell of a WR set.

But I have to hand it to your team. I don't think the Broncos are craving for
any more than what the Raiders gave them. :shocked:

-----

silver_black
09-16-2007, 07:59 PM

Well, you just got beat by another one hell of a WR set.

But I have to hand it to your team. I don't think the Broncos are craving for
any more than what the Raiders gave them. :shocked:

-----

please :rolleyes:

the Lions (oh yeah and Kitna) were much more of a threat, stop patting yourselves on the back.

with no passing game you guys were flat out beat. it was nice watching Jordan crush your LBs though.

YOUR DONKEYS ARE STILL SOFT! nothing has changed any minds about that.

2 squeakers in a row against teams you should be having no problems with, right?

pfffft

TXBRONC
09-16-2007, 08:06 PM

the Lions (oh yeah and Kitna) were much more of a threat, stop patting yourselves on the back.

with no passing game you guys were flat out beat. it was nice watching Jordan crush your LBs though.

2 squeakers in a row against teams you should be having no problems with, right?

pfffft

You guys lose AGAIN and we're soft. All your being is a sore loser.

silver_black
09-16-2007, 08:13 PM
You guys lose AGAIN and we're soft. All your being is a sore loser.

a sore loser, nah. we should have beat you guys. multiple times at the end of the game we should have won.

you guys got the W im not saying you didn't. but you certainly didn't impress anybody doing it - especially at home.

the Donks are supposed to be a playoff caliber team right? and yet youre having serious trouble with teams that you shouldn't. :confused:

topscribe
09-16-2007, 10:14 PM
a sore loser, nah. we should have beat you guys. multiple times at the end of the game we should have won.

you guys got the W im not saying you didn't. but you certainly didn't impress anybody doing it - especially at home.

the Donks are supposed to be a playoff caliber team right? and yet youre having serious trouble with teams that you shouldn't. :confused:
Doesn't sound as if you have a very high opinion of your own team.

In that case, I think the Raiders are going to surprise you.

-----

topscribe
09-16-2007, 10:24 PM

pfffft
The linebackers weren't the problem. I was actually quite impressed with
the linebackers. The DTs are what concerned me. But we are working with
some very young ones. They'll be fine with experience.

But I don't know how you can consider the Broncos soft when you in fact
had such a pathetic passing game. Outside the one coverage breakdown
involving Porter, your girls were helpless.

And I wouldn't be too sure about having us beaten. You were immensely
lucky with a couple of your plays. The interception on a tipped pass took
place because the linebacker just happened to be standing right where the
ball came down, and he was out of position. The earlier interception on the
other side is the kind of thing that will not happen after Cutler has a few
more games under his belt because he will notice that with more experience.
Then there was the ticky-tack interference call against
Marshall that brought back a TD that would have put you down 24-3.

The fact is, the Broncos beat you, even while the Broncos were imploding
under a myriad of mistakes. We played pathetically and still beat you.
Seriously, you have absolutely nothing to talk about, except 0-2. :coffee:

-----

Day1BroncoFan
09-16-2007, 10:34 PM

pfffft

Long ride home huh scrubs? :elefant:

Day1BroncoFan
09-16-2007, 10:35 PM

Shoulda, coulda woulda. Pffft. :elefant:

dogfish
09-16-2007, 10:41 PM
BTW, who's winning in the ff league I haven't checked.

i had things well in hand until the craptacular chargers offense took the field and allowed the cheaters D to put up a grip of points. . . . :frusty:

now it looks like you've got it. . .

oh, well-- i'll trade a FF loss for a broncos win any day! :werd:

Devilspawn
09-16-2007, 10:44 PM
i had things well in hand until the craptacular chargers offense took the field and allowed the cheaters D to put up a grip of points. . . . :frusty:

now it looks like you've got it. . .

oh, well-- i'll trade a FF loss for a broncos win any day! :werd:

I wish I could take credit for it like AJ Smith and put together the most talented team and hired a sure fire winner of a coach... excuse me for a sec HAHAHAAAA!... anyway, let's go autodraft let's go clap clap! :D

BTW, what's up with yahoo? Is their live stat ticker a paid thing?

Medford Bronco
09-16-2007, 10:45 PM
I wish I could take credit for it like AJ Smith and put together the most talented team and hired a sure fire winner of a coach... excuse me for a sec HAHAHAAAA!... anyway, let's go autodraft let's go clap clap! :D

My QB threw 6 tds because of autodraft
and Edgerin James was a stud as well as Steve Smith

Hail to the autodraft :salute:

dogfish
09-16-2007, 10:46 PM

don't mean to take this thread offtopic, but i do love how they traded a coach who can't win in the postseason for one who can't win in the regular season-- stroke of genius, that. . .

Devilspawn
09-16-2007, 10:59 PM
don't mean to take this thread offtopic, but i do love how they traded a coach who can't win in the postseason for one who can't win in the regular season-- stroke of genius, that. . .
I don't think they know the order.

You MAKE the playoffs
Then you try to win in the playoffs.

Not the other way around.

Devilspawn
09-16-2007, 11:01 PM
My QB threw 6 tds because of autodraft
and Edgerin James was a stud as well as Steve Smith

Hail to the autodraft :salute:

I know I have given you plenty of eye candy, but NO ONE in Hollywood beats Maria Menounos. :first:

Medford Bronco
09-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I know I have given you plenty of eye candy, but NO ONE in Hollywood beats Maria Menounos. :first:

and she is from my hometown Medford MA

and after celebrating her role in her film, she went to a
local subshop Med goes to all the time, very cool :cool:

silver_black
09-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Doesn't sound as if you have a very high opinion of your own team.

In that case, I think the Raiders are going to surprise you.

-----

on the contrary. i knew it would be a close game. you and your brethren were the ones expecting us to roll over while you trounced us by +14 points :rolleyes:

The linebackers weren't the problem. I was actually quite impressed with
the linebackers. The DTs are what concerned me. But we are working with
some very young ones. They'll be fine with experience.

But I don't know how you can consider the Broncos soft when you in fact
had such a pathetic passing game. Outside the one coverage breakdown
involving Porter, your girls were helpless.

And I wouldn't be too sure about having us beaten. You were immensely
lucky with a couple of your plays. The interception on a tipped pass took
place because the linebacker just happened to be standing right where the
ball came down, and he was out of position. The earlier interception on the
other side is the kind of thing that will not happen after Cutler has a few
more games under his belt because he will notice that with more experience.
Then there was the ticky-tack interference call against
Marshall that brought back a TD that would have put you down 24-3.

The fact is, the Broncos beat you, even while the Broncos were imploding
under a myriad of mistakes. We played pathetically and still beat you.
Seriously, you have absolutely nothing to talk about, except 0-2. :coffee:

-----
the fact that we had such a pathetic passing attack and still took the lead in the 4th says a lot - about both teams.

speaking of that tipped interception, any idea who that rookie was who bull rushed your prized Lepsis to make the play possible? im sure it was luck though that he did it or that the pick six happened too.

absolutely nothing to talk about? so now is when you dont want "the facts?"
how bout coming back from down 17-3 to eventually taking the lead while your Donks could only come up with 3 points in the 2nd half. - ouch.

im not crying about Shanarat calling a TO when he did, it was smart.

im pissed that we stole one from you, that you stole right back.

ps - the fact that you "played pathetically" wasn't by accident. :rolleyes:

TXBRONC
09-17-2007, 12:20 AM

It would be assine to say we didn't get the W when we did wouldn't.

I could care less if you our any other Faider fan is impressed with our home win.

The last time I check the Faiders are still in the same division as the Broncos, and having watched these two teams play for 30 years the games tend to be close regardless who happens to have the better team at the time.

It's really very empty excuse to say "we should have won". The Faiders ran the ball well, last time I checked passing the ball was also important and you didn't excute.

Each team is 14 more games and chance to get better, I'm not about to get all worried after just two games. By the way, when you have a good team you find away to win, not away to choke.;)

Watchthemiddle
09-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Nice "moral victory" Faider fans..:laugh:

:congrats:

I guess when you have only won 15 of your last 60 games then you will take any kind of "victory" :laugh:

topscribe
09-17-2007, 12:25 AM
on the contrary. i knew it would be a close game. you and your brethren were the ones expecting us to roll over while you trounced us by +14 points :rolleyes:

the fact that we had such a pathetic passing attack and still took the lead in the 4th says a lot - about both teams.

speaking of that tipped interception, any idea who that rookie was who bull rushed your prized Lepsis to make the play possible? im sure it was luck though that he did it or that the pick six happened too.

absolutely nothing to talk about? so now is when you dont want "the facts?"
how bout coming back from down 17-3 to eventually taking the lead while your Donks could only come up with 3 points in the 2nd half. - ouch.

im not crying about Shanarat calling a TO when he did, it was smart.

im pissed that we stole one from you, that you stole right back.

ps - the fact that you "played pathetically" wasn't by accident. :rolleyes:
And the fact you had a "pathetic passing attack" was not by accident. It is
called the Denver Broncos "not-so-soft-after-all" pass defense. That and
your grossly overrated Moss-less receivers.

Had the Broncos played up to their true capability, the game would have
been over by halftime, and your defense would have received a massive
dose of Henry/Young. I hope your Raiderettes had fun "almost" beating their
daddies the Broncos because by our next meeting a whole lot of jelling will
have taken place, and we're going to treat your girls like the practice squad.

As I implied, you are going to win some games this year. But when our next
meeting takes place, you had better have a lot of working fire extinguishers
handy because you're going down in flames. :coffee:

-----

TXBRONC
09-17-2007, 12:28 AM
And the fact you had a "pathetic passing attack" was not by accident. It is
called the Denver Broncos "not-so-soft-after-all" pass defense. That and
your grossly overrated Moss-less receivers.

Had the Broncos played up to their true capability, the game would have
been over by halftime, and your defense would have received a massive
dose of Henry/Young. I hope your Raiderettes had fun "almost" beating their
daddies the Broncos because by our next meeting a whole lot of jelling will
have taken place, and we're going to treat your girls like the practice squad.

As I implied, you are going to win some games this year. But when our next
meeting takes place, you had better have a lot of working fire extinguishers
handy because you're going down in flames. :coffee:

-----

Silver talks about us being soft, but it was the Faiders who couldn't close out the game with a victory. That seems pretty soft to me.

Day1BroncoFan
09-17-2007, 01:35 AM
The raiders are the softest team in the AFC West. Their fans are the softest fans in the NFL, tonight proved it on the field and on the forums.

Broncos say W, raiders say L.

topscribe
09-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Silver talks about us being soft, but it was the Faiders who couldn't close out the game with a victory. That seems pretty soft to me.
Well, here's the rundown on that:

The "hard" raiderettes: 253 yards total offense.
The "soft" Broncos: 441 yards total offense.

Wow, I wish we could be more like them. :rolleyes:

-----

TXBRONC
09-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Well, here's the rundown on that:

The "hard" raiderettes: 253 yards total offense.
The "soft" Broncos: 441 yards total offense.

Wow, I wish we could be more like them. :rolleyes:

-----

Yep, the Faiders put the beat down on the Broncos.:violin:

silver_black
09-17-2007, 07:42 PM

whats that about closing out games? you had us down 14-3 and yet were battling to take it to OT. Your so-called dominant team (that was predicted to win by +14 points-right?) should've stuck a fork in us but couldn't. again speaks volumes about both teams.

leading up to the game the comments on this board would've left you with one thing. the Broncos will not only dominant the entire game but do so in a blowout fashion. neither happened. Donk fans are in for a rude awakening if you struggle against these "gimme" games.

but yes go on and tell yourselves that it was your own team's not playing to their potential that has caused these close calls. :ciao:

Devilspawn
09-17-2007, 08:15 PM
The raiders are the softest team in the AFC West. Their fans are the softest fans in the NFL, tonight proved it on the field and on the forums.

Broncos say W, raiders say L.

What game were you watching?

TXBRONC
09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
whats that about closing out games? you had us down 14-3 and yet were battling to take it to OT. Your so-called dominant team (that was predicted to win by +14 points-right?) should've stuck a fork in us but couldn't. again speaks volumes about both teams.

leading up to the game the comments on this board would've left you with one thing. the Broncos will not only dominant the entire game but do so in a blowout fashion. neither happened. Donk fans are in for a rude awakening if you struggle against these "gimme" games.

but yes go on and tell yourselves that it was your own team's not playing to their potential that has caused these close calls. :ciao:

Yeah I'm dead with what I said. You whine all you want about how this speaks volumes about bad Denver is but the fadt we are set 2-0 and we still can get better. Hey why don't man up and just admit your sore loser.

silver_black
09-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah I'm dead with what I said. You whine all you want about how this speaks volumes about bad Denver is but the fadt we are set 2-0 and we still can get better. Hey why don't man up and just admit your sore loser.

i've admitted you guys won. not taking that away. also admitted that Shanarat was smart to call the TO when he did. - i'd want my coach to do the same.

its not about being a sore loser. I was proud the way my team fought back with heart. you guys are 2-0 we are 0-2. thats reality.

whats also reality is the fact that your defense is not as good as you all would hope it to be. i never talked on Champ. he's without question one of the best. Bly is clearly a liability / the weak target. your D-line looked like swiss cheese. our league's worst o-line gave up only 3 sacks.

this thread was started on the idea of the Donkeys are soft. which is still a valid argument.

sorry for the lecture on reality :ciao:

topscribe
09-17-2007, 09:44 PM
i've admitted you guys won. not taking that away. also admitted that Shanarat was smart to call the TO when he did. - i'd want my coach to do the same.

its not about being a sore loser. I was proud the way my team fought back with heart. you guys are 2-0 we are 0-2. thats reality.

whats also reality is the fact that your defense is not as good as you all would hope it to be. i never talked on Champ. he's without question one of the best. Bly is clearly a liability / the weak target. your D-line looked like swiss cheese. our league's worst o-line gave up only 3 sacks.

this thread was started on the idea of the Donkeys are soft. which is still a valid argument.

sorry for the lecture on reality :ciao:
There's an old saying that goes, perception is reality. So it must be real . . .
to you.

You showed nothing but class in coming back onto the board. This must be
a particularly galling defeat for you, and I say that sincerely. Here's to you
for that. :beer:

I just hope that the remaining teams on our schedule hold the same disdain
for Bly as you. It obviously has escaped you that Champ played on the
same teams that gave up so much passing yardage the last couple years.
Obviously, it wasn't he, so it must have been the other CB on our team,
much of it, anyway. Since Bly has joined the team, our opponents have
averaged 63 passing yards the last two games. We are by far #1 in that
category. It isn't even close.

Moreover, our defense has given up all of one (1) TD a game the last two
games. You ever hear the adage, actions speak louder than words? Well,
the Broncos' actions have spoken louder than your words, my friend.

You said you are not being a sore loser, nor am I gloating.

Just a lecture on reality. :coffee:

-----

silver_black
09-18-2007, 12:49 AM
There's an old saying that goes, perception is reality. So it must be real . . .
to you.

You showed nothing but class in coming back onto the board. This must be
a particularly galling defeat for you, and I say that sincerely. Here's to you
for that. :beer:

I just hope that the remaining teams on our schedule hold the same disdain
for Bly as you. It obviously has escaped you that Champ played on the
same teams that gave up so much passing yardage the last couple years.
Obviously, it wasn't he, so it must have been the other CB on our team,
much of it, anyway. Since Bly has joined the team, our opponents have
averaged 63 passing yards the last two games. We are by far #1 in that
category. It isn't even close.

Moreover, our defense has given up all of one (1) TD a game the last two
games. You ever hear the adage, actions speak louder than words? Well,
the Broncos' actions have spoken louder than your words, my friend.

You said you are not being a sore loser, nor am I gloating.

Just a lecture on reality.

-----
ok Tops time for some sanity. i know this is the smack forum, but this one was unbelievably hard to swallow. it hurts - thats an understatement. savor the flavor Bronco fans, this one stings. :smack:

needless to say i could've/should've been classier in returning. I came back in here after that tough loss full of piss and vinegar i should have just stayed away from the smack forum. but this was my thread so i thought i should re-visit it.

anyways tip of the hat to you and your team for being able to pull it out. cant wait for round 2.

damn you Shanarat :motz: :beer:

TXBRONC
09-18-2007, 07:06 AM
ok Tops time for some sanity. i know this is the smack forum, but this one was unbelievably hard to swallow. it hurts - thats an understatement. savor the flavor Bronco fans, this one stings. :smack:

needless to say i could've/should've been classier in returning. I came back in here after that tough loss full of piss and vinegar i should have just stayed away from the smack forum. but this was my thread so i thought i should re-visit it.

anyways tip of the hat to you and your team for being able to pull it out. cant wait for round 2.

damn you Shanarat :motz: :beer:

Don't blame Shanahan, its the kicker that doinked the kick. Anyway hats off to you for what you said in this post. :yo:

Day1BroncoFan
09-18-2007, 10:03 AM
What game were you watching?

I'm watching the Broncos 2-0 and the raiders 0-2. Any more questions?

TXBRONC
09-18-2007, 10:29 AM

I think there are couple of things we can agree on.

1.) The defense has to become consistant in stopping the run.

2.) The offense has moved the ball well in both games now it a matter of punching the ball into the end zone.

Devilspawn
09-19-2007, 02:31 PM

Yeah just one.

What makes you think Raiders fans are soft? I don't take kindly to that.

Watchthemiddle
09-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah just one.

I have never questioned the Raider fans...if they suited up, the Raiders might have a better record.

Its the team, organization and owner who are soft.

:coffee:

Davii
09-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I have never questioned the Raider fans...if they suited up, the Raiders might have a better record.

Its the team, organization and owner who are soft.

:coffee:

I think you're confused. Al Davis isn't soft, his meals however are. :laugh:

Watchthemiddle
09-19-2007, 02:44 PM
I think you're confused. Al Davis isn't soft, his meals however are. :laugh:

I thinky you are confused...his meals aren't soft, but his white gameday PJ's are.....:laugh:

TXBRONC
09-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah just one.

No Raider fans aren't soft, that can't be to endure what's happen to their team for the past several seasons.

ThunderGirl
09-19-2007, 03:39 PM
I thinky you are confused...his meals aren't soft, but his white gameday PJ's are.....:laugh:

It is you that is confused.....His white game day PJ's aren't soft.....They're soiled!!!!:elefant:

topscribe
09-19-2007, 03:54 PM
It is you that is confused.....His white game day PJ's aren't soft.....They're soiled!!!!:elefant:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_sick.gif

-----

Watchthemiddle
09-19-2007, 04:20 PM

I have no comeback to that....:laugh::laugh:

Medford Bronco
10-02-2007, 02:52 PM
What is sad is silver_black may be right :sad:

His Raiders look a million times better than Denver now

topscribe
10-02-2007, 07:20 PM

Yes, and Gerard Warren has played pretty well for them, hasn't he? :mad:

-----

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes, and Gerard Warren has played pretty well for them, hasn't he? :mad:

-----

The fact that he's working now for a long term pay check.

That fat custard only works when he wants the money and once he gets it he's a couch potato. :mad:

Poet
10-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Yeah just one.

Could it be that most of the fans are geeks dressed up like it's Halloween?

silver_black
10-03-2007, 12:23 AM

hah! Med didnt think anybody wanted to resurrect this thread. you got brass ones my friend :salute:

Could it be that most of the fans are geeks dressed up like it's Halloween?
hmm yeah could be :rolleyes: ....could also be that on these forums would be the only place you'd attempt to call out one of these "geeks"

Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 12:29 AM
hah! Med didnt think anybody wanted to resurrect this thread. you got brass ones my friend :salute:

hmm yeah could be :rolleyes: ....could also be that on these forums would be the only place you'd attempt to call out one of these "geeks"

Silver I am never afraid to admit when we (the Broncos) suck and we do right now.

I feel better about Oak or KC winning the divsion right now. At least you can stop the run. SD coaching is too much of a mess and Denvers defense is pathetic on all counts except for Bailey.

I guess a rebuilding year had to come sooner or later :sad:

silver_black
10-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Silver I am never afraid to admit when we (the Broncos) suck and we do right now.

I feel better about Oak or KC winning the divsion right now. At least you can stop the run. SD coaching is too much of a mess and Denvers defense is pathetic on all counts except for Bailey.

I guess a rebuilding year had to come sooner or later :sad:
im not chest thumping but it is nice to look forward to these games right now.

to be honest im not too happy with our run D. they're also giving up way too many yards on the ground. safety issue is still a concern and keeping a vet (like Darius) would've been the smart move.

Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 12:40 AM
im not chest thumping but it is nice to look forward to these games right now.

to be honest im not too happy with our run D. they're also giving up way too many yards on the ground. safety issue is still a concern and keeping a vet (like Darius) would've been the smart move.

As a neutral observer I will still be worried when Cullpepper has to throw the ball. You cant count on 299 yards rushing every week. Even Miami looked worse at stopping the run than Denver.

I like McCown better than Cullpepper IMO.

Your defense is still good and your team attitude has changed 180 degrees. I would not be shocked to see 9-7 from Oak.

silver_black
10-03-2007, 12:47 AM
As a neutral observer I will still be worried when Cullpepper has to throw the ball. You cant count on 299 yards rushing every week. Even Miami looked worse at stopping the run than Denver.

I like McCown better than Cullpepper IMO.

Your defense is still good and your team attitude has changed 180 degrees. I would not be shocked to see 9-7 from Oak.

I like a healthy/confident C-pepp over McCown, but earlier in the season i definitely thought McCown was the right choice for his knowledge of and time put in with our system. its clear that CPepp deserves his chance and the feeling from the players is they all want him to stay as the starter.

no question the MVP on our team is the O-line coach Tom Cable formerly of the Falcons. this guy has performed nothing short of a miracle so far. I think 9-7 is a reach we still have issues but i like what i see so far.

this division really is up for grabs and the Chargers are far from out, in fact i dont expect their slide to last