PDA

View Full Version : BMarsh "I'm not even close"

Dortoh
08-19-2009, 01:21 PM
http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/08/19/marshall-still-upset-with-broncos/1103/

August 19th, 2009, 12:45 pm · Post a Comment · posted by Frank Schwab
After basically disengaging himself from practice by standing with the defensive players on the sideline and not taking any normal repetitions during 11-on-11 drills (he said it is because he is "not close" to learning the playbook), Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall reiterated he is not happy with the team. He was asked if there were irreconcilable differences with the team.

"Unfortunately, sometimes it gets to that point," Marshall said. "There are trust issues on both sides. It’s understandable. We’ve got to try our best to move forward."

He said he was starting to work past his issues with the team, but he was upset on Friday when he said a public-relations staffer told Broncos players not to act too happy for Marshall after he was found not guilty of a misdemeanor battery charge in Atlanta.

"I think the biggest thing was, it was really disappointing hearing that some of my teammates on one of the best days of ... for the past three years, of my life, some of my teammates were coached to say ‘Don’t say you’re happy for Brandon,'" Marshall said.

"That situation, we feel like we've tried to handle it the best we could after something like that came out, but trying to get everyone's mind back on football," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said.

Marshall said he has not asked the Broncos for a raise. Marshall's agent Kennard McGuire was at Broncos facilities on Monday.

"From day one I’ve never asked the Broncos for more money, and that’s from the summertime," Marshall said.

Marshall wouldn't say he asked again for a trade but said Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said back in June he would try to trade him.

"In that meeting with ownership, it was told to me they’ll do their best to accommodate me with that wish," Marshall said. "And I’m still here. I’m a Bronco and all I can do now is do my best to get in my best football shape and be that player I was the past three years."

Marshall wouldn't say whether he would want to sign a long-term extension with the Broncos. He was then asked if he wanted to be with the team in the future.

"You know, I’m here now," Marshall said. "And I love playing football, that’s what makes me happy. It’s hard to come out here and be disgruntled when you love what you do, and I love what I do."

topscribe
08-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Talk about mixed signals . . . :tsk:

-----

honz
08-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Talk about mixed signals . . . :tsk:

-----

LOL. Seriously. What the heck is he saying????

underrated29
08-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Its easy. He likes being a bronco. he likes his team and the direction we are going. If he can get paid then he will be a happy clam here.

But his #1 priority is to get paid. If he cant get it here, then he wants to go somewhere where he can get it right away.

Thats why he wants to be traded, because whoever trades will rework his contract so they dont lose him to FA. It also shows the team he is serious.

I believe he wants to still be here and after we play this year, and he sees how good our Offense will be and win a playoff game (PRAYING,HOPING,WISHING) that he will sign an extension.

Grover
08-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Well, it could be that things deteriorated after that PR underling did what he did about asking the teammates not to be "too happy" for Brandon.

It could also be that some teams have expressed interest in Marshall, and his agent has advised him to "do a Cutler" and act all crabby and disinterested so the team is forced to make a trade.

It could also be that Marshall knows more about the playbook than he's letting on, and is using that as an excuse for not participating. Similar to the Hammy Excuse from last week (perhaps).

I just know that being an adult professional football player seems out of the question. Work hard, say what you mean, do what you say. Live your life like you count for something.

Buff
08-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Marshall said he has not asked the Broncos for a raise. Marshall's agent Kennard McGuire was at Broncos facilities on Monday.

"From day one I’ve never asked the Broncos for more money, and that’s from the summertime," Marshall said.

WTF is he talking about?

This is like when Jay came out and said he didn't request a trade after 4 weeks of bitching.

I am honestly beginning to hate Marshall.

pnbronco
08-19-2009, 01:51 PM

Good I thought it was just me.....:confused:

Are we out of summer now????

G_Money
08-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Somebody fed the damn Mogwai after midnight didn't they?

Didn't they? :mad:

I'm looking at you, Bowlen. Stumbling home from the bar, drunk off your ass, you gave him some bar peanuts and a swig of Mad Dog, didn'tcha?

And now we've got gremlins effing up the works all year long.

We damn well better get to the season already. And throw some little green ******** in a microwave while we're at it.

~G

EastCoastBronco
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Ship this sorry bitch for the best offer we can get. He's beginning to resemble another Primadonna receiver we all know and love.

T.K.O.
08-19-2009, 02:46 PM
i,m pretty sure he said he doesnt want a trade,or more money but he wants to play football but wont or cant learn the playbook in time because he wants more money and doesnt want to play football,for the broncos but not some other team .....right?:confused:
ahhhhh....now it all makes sense-non

NightTrainLayne
08-19-2009, 02:55 PM
He doesn't know the playbook? I thought he was taking "mental reps" during all those practices that he couldn't participate in while reahabbing?

Just go out and play hard Brandon. The rest of this will take care of itself.

Lonestar
08-19-2009, 03:11 PM
look folks we are not talking about a mensa canditate here..

and we all know that he talks big but does not follow through very well how many times has he said he would straighten up and fly right and failed to follow through

Dortoh
08-19-2009, 03:13 PM
look folks we are not talking about a mensa canditate here..

and we all know that he talks big but does not follow through very well how many times has he said he would straighten up and fly right and failed to follow through

I'm over this guy. If he lines up on Sundays for the Broncos I'll cheer for the offense but if not thats even better.

dogfish
08-19-2009, 04:06 PM
this is cute. . . . :tsk:

GEM
08-19-2009, 04:35 PM
And whose fault is it that you aren't even close, Brandon? And THIS is why the Broncos aren't throwing a fat contract your way, dipshit.