PDA

View Full Version : Tom Moore wants to be an OC again

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Tom Moore says he wants to be an offensive coordinator again at the same time the team that has his most famous pupil is looking for a new coach to lead its attack.

The 74-year-old Moore told The (Nashville) Tennessean that he is leaving his job with the Tennessee Titans, where he had been assisting offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains, who was promoted from quarterbacks coach to replace the fired Chris Palmer on Nov. 26.

Moore left the Colts and quarterback Peyton Manning after the 2010 season. He did some consulting with the New York Jets in 2011 before spending the last month of the season with the team, and Titans coach Mike Munchak has said Moore consulted with Alabama earlier in its 2012 championship season.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849638/tom-moore-74-leaves-tennessee-titans-wants-o-coordinator-again

As he has been mentioned as one of the candidates to replace McCoy, are the Broncos close to bringing him in, or would he be willing to take the OC position with any team needing one? Guess time will tell.

Gamechanger
01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
if one could give a message to the Bronco's front office:

don't do it. don't do it. don't do it.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
If his desire to be an offensive co-ordinator and some other teams offers him a job and Denver doesn't would I guess he would take it.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 12:46 PM

Why? Moore and Manning worked well together.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
If his desire to be an offensive co-ordinator and some other teams offers him a job and Denver doesn't would I guess he would take it.

True, however, why did he not inform Tennessee right after their season ended that he was leaving? Why did he do this the day after McCoy became SD's HC? Maybe nothing more than a coincidence, maybe not.

Dzone
01-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Is he a guru or something? 74 years old huh

Gamechanger
01-16-2013, 12:52 PM

a summary of Tom Moore as an OC when Peyton did not audible:

Stretch Run

Stretch Run

Pass.

Moore's offense is at best vanilla when it works and abysmal when it doesn't and he relies on the stretch play, even when he knows it isn't going anywhere.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 12:54 PM
True, however, why did he not inform Tennessee right after their season ended that he was leaving? Why did he do this the day after McCoy became SD's HC? Maybe nothing more than a coincidence, maybe not.

He's quoted in the article as saying that he would be interested in any offensive coordinators job that opens he's interested. I wouldn't bet against him taking the job if it's offered given who we have as starting quarterback.

slim
01-16-2013, 12:58 PM

Stretch Run

Stretch Run

Pass.

Moore's offense is at best vanilla when it works and abysmal when it doesn't and he relies on the stretch play, even when he knows it isn't going anywhere.

Substitute run up the middle for stretch run and you have Mike McCoy.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2013, 02:17 PM
yes, and I want to be 25 again.

underrated29
01-16-2013, 02:22 PM

Stretch Run

Stretch Run

Pass.

Oh gawd. I've seen that before....hey look, slim answered it for me. Well done slim.

Substitute run up the middle for stretch run and you have Mike McCoy.

rationalfan
01-16-2013, 02:38 PM

my thoughts are similar.

for one thing, he's, like 73. and he's not exactly the picture of unnatural health that dick lebeau is.

the other thing, if he's so great and worked so well with manning why did the colts choose to not renew his contract two years ago? winning teams don't usually end established relationships without good reasons to do so.

NightTrainLayne
01-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Moore had great success with Manning in Indianapolis, but I'd rather go with Whisenhunt, who to me is the younger, more imaginative OC.

We have a great defense in the making I think, so that takes some of the pressure off of the offense, but I still want someone who is imaginative, and not only coaches great discipline, and has a great scheme, but someone who can step out of the box from time to time as well, and scheme something to specifically take advantage of a particular defense.

Fullback32
01-16-2013, 03:01 PM
You know I don't really care about the age thing itself. I do get more concerned that a guy like that may be stuck in his ways and won't have any new or original ideas...

DISCLAIMER: The following statement is simply to appease the masses:

...and, of course, finishing the season.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 06:55 PM

Stretch Run

Stretch Run

Pass.

With all due respect my friend just going from 2004-2007 there was only one year that Manning threw under 500 plus passes. You can't to vanilla and average around 30 ppg consistently.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Oh gawd. I've seen that before....hey look, slim answered it for me. Well done slim.

Manning attempted 583 pass this year you wont get that many attempt being that run heavy. Ok you don't like him but lie.

chaoticmayhem
01-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Is he a guru or something? 74 years old huh

Dick Labeau, Steelers DC is 75 years old. Seems to still know what he's doing.

chaoticmayhem
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Moore had great success with Manning in Indianapolis, but I'd rather go with Whisenhunt, who to me is the younger, more imaginative OC.

We have a great defense in the making I think, so that takes some of the pressure off of the offense, but I still want someone who is imaginative, and not only coaches great discipline, and has a great scheme, but someone who can step out of the box from time to time as well, and scheme something to specifically take advantage of a particular defense.

What has whisenhunt done lately? This is a serious question. I keep hearing his name like he's some kind of genius. I know he took a great QB in Warner and had 2 good seasons a long time ago but what else has he done before or since?

Chidoze
01-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Coincidence? I think not. He's not foolin me, He wants to be Manning's OC again.

All of the sudden the guy who is tied to your career needs a coordinator & he decides to come out of, basically, retirement?

Lets not beat around the bush here Tom.

chaoticmayhem
01-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Here are Whisenhunt's career as a HC with the Cardinals and as an OC with the Steelers: Doesn't look special to me. He had 2 good seasons with Warner, 2007 and 2008. Nothing else much to speak of.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/WhisKe0.htm

MasterShake
01-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Hire him. I want to see him fly to Denver in his house with all the balloons sticking out of the chimney. I love that guy!

NightTrainLayne
01-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Here are Whisenhunt's career as a HC with the Cardinals and as an OC with the Steelers: Doesn't look special to me. He had 2 good seasons with Warner, 2007 and 2008. Nothing else much to speak of.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/WhisKe0.htm

Oh. . . So THAT's how you evaluate an offensive coordinator. I've been doing it wrong.

Hawgdriver
01-17-2013, 12:17 AM

What's the need for Moore when we have Manning. Moore is not in the lab developing new science. Bring in a hard-working #2 who can game-plan and dissect film with the best of them, and challenge Manning. I submit Gase. Wiz is fine, too.