PDA

View Full Version : Broncos kick Chiefs in their house

speardog
11-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Broncos EARN victory
You know there are going to be posters, "Bronco fans", that are going to come into the Mane after the game and downplay what the Broncos have done. They are going to say that the Chefs suck, and that Denver should have won, and they are going to downplay every good thing the Broncos did and just reverse it saying the Chefs played badly.

These people will not give Shanny any credit but will downplay the fact that he really outcoached the Chefs coaching staff.

Don't listen to these people. Denver might not make the playoffs this year, but don't let a spoiled, arrogant, attention whore few ruin a Bronco victory.

Don't fall for this tactic. Despite what people say, or how they try to say KC sucks, Denver beat them good.

Do you want me to say it? Denver can win the division! They can win the division even if they lose at SD.

Lets say Denver goes to the playoffs winning the AFC West and they get a home game in the first round against Jacksonville, or Houston. Then they have to travel to NE to play the Mighty Patriots.... Did you know Shanny is 5-1 against BilliCheet? They will win!!

Now I'm not saying this is going to happen, BUT this could happen. Why listen to the losers that are trying top drag you down?

It's much more fun cheering for a team to win, than cheering for a team to lose just to prove that you are right.

Don't let people drag you down after a victory.

champbronc2
11-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Yeah!!! How about it.

TXBRONC
11-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I expect a little of the same here as well. It would not surprise to see posts like"We would not have won if..." I have a particular poster in mind but I'm not going to call that person out by name.

Medford Bronco
11-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I am happy for the win,

I was wrong and man enought to admit it :salute:

I still think this team is up and down but
maybe a bit better than I thought they were.

Glad they won will root hard vs Tenn
who looked like crap today and Denver has a

very good chance to win. We shall see
the AFC West winner could be 7-9 or 8-8
yikes lol :laugh:

TXBRONC
11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I am happy for the win,

I was wrong and man enought to admit it :salute:

I still think this team is up and down but
maybe a bit better than I thought they were.

Glad they won will root hard vs Tenn
who looked like crap today and Denver has a

very good chance to win. We shall see
the AFC West winner could be 7-9 or 8-8
yikes lol :laugh:

The winner of the AFC will have winning record.

Med unlike those who thrive on being negative about the Broncos you don't and you are willing to look at the good things that happened instead of playing the "IF" game.

I sure there are going be a few posters that will say the Chiefs would have won if Larry Johnson had been in the line up.

broncosfanscott
11-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Not only am I happy we won in KC, but we also won convincingly instead of by a FG. Sure the first half was a bad one, yet they stepped up in the second half and took control of the game. We held KC without a TD. We need to take the way we played in this game and get a win at home next week. Regardless of what other people say, we won this game, no "ifs" or "buts" about it. :salute:

TXBRONC
11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Not only am I happy we won in KC, but we also won convincingly instead of by a FG. Sure the first half was a bad one, yet they stepped up in the second half and took control of the game. We held KC without a TD. We need to take the way we played in this game and get a win at home next week. Regardless of what other people say, we won this game, no "ifs" or "buts" about it. :salute:

There is no doubt in my mind this was a very solid win for us.

Watchthemiddle
11-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Gotta like going on the road to a place we rarely win and hang 27 points on the board and have the game won by the start of the 4th. That sure is a nice feeling.

:salute:

TXBRONC
11-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Gotta like going on the road to a place we rarely win and hang 27 points on the board and have the game won by the start of the 4th. That sure is a nice feeling.

:salute:

No kidding. Hopefully the Broncos will be able use this as a way to build momentum.

KCL
11-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Good win for the Broncos....Congrats!

broncosfanscott
11-12-2007, 12:24 AM
No kidding. Hopefully the Broncos will be able use this as a way to build momentum.

We definatly need some of that.

Lonestar
11-12-2007, 12:46 AM
I just finished watching the game on tape. Getting back from church late..

Two really good performances today young and Dumervil. Beyond that we finally won in KC.

We were lucky with the strip and Fumble run back.

I'm not ready to dance in the streets about beating a not so good team. I'm certainly not going believe this team can even win the division and if we manage to do so we will get blown up by NE unless they melt down.

They only thing this win did was drop us in the draft by 6-12 spots and break the losing streak in KC in NOV and DEC although one wonders if 70+ degrees in KC can be considered winter.

TXBRONC
11-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Two really good performances today young and Dumervil. Beyond that we finally won in KC.

We were lucky with the strip and Fumble run back.

Are you saying that the only reason Denver won is because one turn over a sack by Dumervil?

I'm not ready to dance in the streets about beating a not so good team. I'm certainly not going believe this team can even win the division and if we manage to do so we will get blown up by NE unless they melt down.

Ok. I don't think most people at this point are saying we could beat the Patriots at this point.

They only thing this win did was drop us in the draft by 6-12 spots and break the losing streak in KC in NOV and DEC although one wonders if 70+ degrees in KC can be considered winter.

How does any team drop 6-12 spots in draft that wont occur until several months after the season has concluded. Are you also saying that another reason we won in KC is because of warm weather? :

broncos9697
11-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Are you saying that the only reason Denver won is because one turn over a sack by Dumervil?

Ok. I don't think most people at this point are saying we could beat the Patriots at this point.

How does any team drop 6-12 spots in draft that wont occur until several months after the season has concluded. Are you also saying that another reason we won in KC is because of warm weather? :

another person giving reason why we won....a win is a win it was because we came out and beat them all over the field may the best team win,we proved to be the best team...lets stop giving false reason's of why we won if you do that just rout against the broncos........................................... .great job denver bronco's

Lonestar
11-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Certainly the weather and the quick early TD after the FF by Dumervil had a big part in the way the game was played..

It was said last week (by one of the posters I think) that the difference in draft positions, with a win this week was from about number 12 it between 18-22. I will go by those numbers without doing the math. If he was wrong then I'm sorry for the confusion. I would have guessed some where between 3-6 spots myself.

As it is plain to me (I'm sure to most reasonable fans also) that this team is not going to go any where in the playoffs..

Personally I'd rather play out the season getting the kiddies as much time on the field as they can handle to see what we have needs for next year.. Get a top 10 pick and get some top talent in here for a change.. Someone we can build on for the next decade.

Lonestar
11-12-2007, 06:49 PM
another person giving reason why we won....a win is a win it was because we came out and beat them all over the field may the best team win,we proved to be the best team...lets stop giving false reason's of why we won if you do that just rout against the broncos........................................... .great job denver bronco's

A win is a win! Sure thing, I'd bet you'd take 15 wins over bottom feeders and be happy with a playoff game. Well folks I do not want to limp into the playoffs only to get our heads handed to us.

Going into the Green Bay SB. My only hope at the time was not to be embarrassed again. Like the other Superblows this team went to.

TXBRONC
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Certainly the weather and the quick early TD after the FF by Dumervil had a big part in the way the game was played..

It was said last week (by one of the posters I think) that the difference in draft positions, with a win this week was from about number 12 it between 18-22. I will go by those numbers without doing the math. If he was wrong then I'm sorry for the confusion. I would have guessed some where between 3-6 spots myself.

As it is plain to me (I'm sure to most reasonable fans also) that this team is not going to go any where in the playoffs..

Personally I'd rather play out the season getting the kiddies as much time on the field as they can handle to see what we have needs for next year.. Get a top 10 pick and get some top talent in here for a change.. Someone we can build on for the next decade.

You're grasping at straws. The weather gave us an advantage at Arrowhead stadium? Please Jr, that is silly. Good weather, in one of the toughest venues in the League and we have an advantage over the home team? Me thinks not.

There is no confusion on my part but maybe on yours? Are there still seven games to play Jr? I'll assume you would say yes. That being true you go up or down until the season is over then only then are draft positions solidified.

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 01:22 AM
You're grasping at straws. The weather gave us an advantage at Arrowhead stadium? Please Jr, that is silly. Good weather, in one of the toughest venues in the League and we have an advantage over the home team? Me thinks not.

There is no confusion on my part but maybe on yours? Are there still seven games to play Jr? I'll assume you would say yes. That being true you go up or down until the season is over then only then are draft positions solidified.

Yep having shirt sleeve weather in KC is certainly easier than having 15 below with the wind chill factor. o you think that weather does not have anything to do with their great record over the past decade playing in Nov and Dec in KC? Between the foul weather and the foul loud mouth fans, I see them as the 12th and 13th man on the field.

Yes TX there are 7 games left and they all will affect the draft position. Last week we were about number 12 now we are 13 as the league interprets it.

Ah I found the post I was referring to earlier
posted lat week 11-04-2007, 07:45 PM

Strength of Schedule is the first-tie breaker, then divisional and conference records. . . with that said, it looks like we're 12th. A move up of three positions from last week! :)

Here is this weeks numbers

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league&season=2007-REG&split=Overall

New England AFC ACE 9 0
Dallas Cowb NFC NCE 8 1
Green Bay P NFC NCN 8 1
Indianapolis AFC ACS 7 2
Pittsburgh S AFC ACN 7 2
Detroit Lions NFC NCN 6 3
Jacksonville AFC ACS 6 3
New York G NFC NCE 6 3
Tennessee AFC ACS 6 3
Buffalo Bill AFC ACE 5 4
Cleveland AFC ACN 5 4
San Diego AFC ACW 5 4
Tampa Ba NFC NCS 5 4
Washingto NFC NCE 5 4
Seattle S NFC NCW 4 4
Arizona C NFC NCW 4 5
Baltimore AFC ACN 4 5
Carolina P NFC NCS 4 5
Chicago NFC NCN 4 5
Denver AFC ACW 4 5
Houston T AFC ACS 4 5
Kansas Ci AFC ACW 4 5
New Orle NFC NCS 4 5
Philly NFC NCE 4 5
Atlanta NFC NCS 3 6
Cincinnat AFC ACN 3 6
Minnesot NFC NCN 3 6
San Fran NFC NCW 2 6
Oakland AFC ACW 2 7
New Y J AFC ACE 1 8
St. Louis NFC NCW 1 8
Miami AFC ACE 0 9

Had we lost this past week we would have been 3-6 and ranked between 5-8 along with ATL, CIN, and the Vikings.

Major difference in drafting IMO. Since this season is not a Super bowl season I say go for the gusto, get eh kids lots of playing time find out who can hack it and who can not. So we know for sure what we have to fix for a serious run next year.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-13-2007, 02:45 AM
We went from #11 to #17 now. That's a draft kick in the nuts, and with all these others teams at 4-5, we're out of luck.

TXBRONC
11-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Yep having shirt sleeve weather in KC is certainly easier than having 15 below with the wind chill factor. o you think that weather does not have anything to do with their great record over the past decade playing in Nov and Dec in KC? Between the foul weather and the foul loud mouth fans, I see them as the 12th and 13th man on the field.

Yes TX there are 7 games left and they all will affect the draft position. Last week we were about number 12 now we are 13 as the league interprets it.

Ah I found the post I was referring to earlier
posted lat week 11-04-2007, 07:45 PM
[/COLOR]

Here is this weeks numbers

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league&season=2007-REG&split=Overall

New England AFC ACE 9 0
Dallas Cowb NFC NCE 8 1
Green Bay P NFC NCN 8 1
Indianapolis AFC ACS 7 2
Pittsburgh S AFC ACN 7 2
Detroit Lions NFC NCN 6 3
Jacksonville AFC ACS 6 3
New York G NFC NCE 6 3
Tennessee AFC ACS 6 3
Buffalo Bill AFC ACE 5 4
Cleveland AFC ACN 5 4
San Diego AFC ACW 5 4
Tampa Ba NFC NCS 5 4
Washingto NFC NCE 5 4
Seattle S NFC NCW 4 4
Arizona C NFC NCW 4 5
Baltimore AFC ACN 4 5
Carolina P NFC NCS 4 5
Chicago NFC NCN 4 5
Denver AFC ACW 4 5
Houston T AFC ACS 4 5
Kansas Ci AFC ACW 4 5
New Orle NFC NCS 4 5
Philly NFC NCE 4 5
Atlanta NFC NCS 3 6
Cincinnat AFC ACN 3 6
Minnesot NFC NCN 3 6
San Fran NFC NCW 2 6
Oakland AFC ACW 2 7
New Y J AFC ACE 1 8
St. Louis NFC NCW 1 8
Miami AFC ACE 0 9

Had we lost this past week we would have been 3-6 and ranked between 5-8 along with ATL, CIN, and the Vikings.

Major difference in drafting IMO. Since this season is not a Super bowl season I say go for the gusto, get eh kids lots of playing time find out who can hack it and who can not. So we know for sure what we have to fix for a serious run next year.

You're not are getting it are you? We don't have draft position the season isn't over. It doesn't matter what Dream says. The really is no set position until the season is over.

The Chiefs had the same weather conditions to deal with. Are you saying really going try and say the Chiefs have a hard time winning at when the weather is good in their own house. That's ridiculous.

TXBRONC
11-14-2007, 02:31 PM
One thing I would like to add Jr is that 2003 when we played the Chiefs at Arrowhead the weather was even better and we lost. There defense that year wasn't as good as the one Jay faced Sunday.

Lonestar
11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
One thing I would like to add Jr is that 2003 when we played the Chiefs at Arrowhead the weather was even better and we lost. There defense that year wasn't as good as the one Jay faced Sunday.

Typically the weather in NOV and DEC in KC SUCKS, and their defense since LT not LT but you know who I mean (the guy killed in the car crash he was all world except when Sharpe was in his head), has also sucked.

KCL
11-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Typically the weather in NOV and DEC in KC SUCKS, and their defense since LT not LT but you know who I mean (the guy killed in the car crash he was all world except when Sharpe was in his head), has also sucked.

You are talking about Derrick Thomas.

Lonestar
11-14-2007, 07:23 PM
You are talking about Derrick Thomas.

Thanks had brain fart going there, I could see him but not read his name on the jersey..

a great LB/DE would have liked to have him on the team right now..

But Sharpe really got into his skull one game there to the point of the coach benching him..

KCL
11-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks had brain fart going there, I could see him but not read his name on the jersey..

a great LB/DE would have liked to have him on the team right now..

But Sharpe really got into his skull one game there to the point of the coach benching him..

I remember that game.Yea DT was a terrific player...I think him and Elway
met a few times...lol

its been almost 8 yrs since he died.

Lonestar
11-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I remember that game.Yea DT was a terrific player...I think him and Elway
met a few times...lol

its been almost 8 yrs since he died.

time flies when your having well was he HOF in the NFL. I do not remember seeing him inducted.

Yes he a John met a few times in the back field.

KCL
11-14-2007, 07:46 PM
time flies when your having well was he HOF in the NFL. I do not remember seeing him inducted.

Yes he a John met a few times in the back field.

His name always comes up but no he has never been chosen.

Lonestar
11-14-2007, 08:43 PM
His name always comes up but no he has never been chosen.

another case like TD's almost no voters west of the Mississippi..