PDA

View Full Version : DB coach Ron Milus pays the price

dogfish
01-15-2013, 08:52 PM
he just got fired. . . guess rahim moore won't be getting a christmas card from ron next year. . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/broncos-give-defensive-backs-coach-ron-milus-the-boot/

turftoad
01-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Wow, that was quick. Was it Milus or his players that screwed the pooch?

slim
01-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I read about in Carol's thread like 30 minutes ago.

HOF'er my ass.

Nomad
01-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Moore made a mistake but he wasn't the only problem on that defense. Easy to blame the second yr guy.

I wonder if the ST coach gets a raise.....thanks Holliday. Holliday gets a Christmas card:lol:

UnderArmour
01-15-2013, 09:00 PM
John Fox coached defensive backs for 15 years. If he felt Ron Milus deserved to be fired, I'll take his word for it.

Dzone
01-15-2013, 09:13 PM
he’s what emmitt smith famously called “an escape goat”lol

Simple Jaded
01-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Emmitt Smith was hilarious, "he got blowed up!". I miss Ol Elliteritt Smith.......

DenBronx
01-15-2013, 09:26 PM
John Fox coached defensive backs for 15 years. If he felt Ron Milus deserved to be fired, I'll take his word for it.

My thoughts exactlly. If Fox sensed there was a problem there then it's maybe because he has experience as a DB himself, he played with Herm Edwards in college if anyone didnt know.

But someone had to take the fall. Rahim better never do that again, ever or he will go too. I'll give Moore the benifit of the doubt because of his lack of experience for right now. But it wasnt just Moore, Bailey was also out of position or at least didnt get help from the safeties. There could have been other problems in the year too.

I wonder who would be his replacement???

Nomad
01-15-2013, 09:30 PM
My thoughts exactlly. If Fox sensed there was a problem there then it's maybe because he has experience as a DB himself, he played with Herm Edwards in college if anyone didnt know.

But someone had to take the fall. Rahim better never do that again, ever or he will go too. I'll give Moore the benifit of the doubt because of his lack of experience for right now. But it wasnt just Moore, Bailey was also out of position or at least didnt get help from the safeties. There could have been other problems in the year too.

Del Rio's old DB Coach

smith49
01-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Just for the record ( this may already be out there) but he wasn't technically fired, his contract was up and it was not renewed.

Yah yah, I know, what's the diff?? Well none really. Just sayin........

Nomad
01-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Just for the record ( this may already be out there) but he wasn't technically fired, his contract was up and it was not renewed.

Del Rio wanted his guy.....easy to see because no one was complaining during the season about the DBs.

MOtorboat
01-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Del Rio wanted his guy.....easy to see because no one was complaining during the season about the DBs.

Uh-oh...

Nepotism.

Nomad
01-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Uh-oh...

Nepotism.

Don't use big words with me:lol:

MOtorboat
01-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Don't use big words with me:lol:

Zam HATES nepotism.

smith49
01-15-2013, 09:44 PM

Hey wasn't the defensive backfield in Jville always a strong point when delrio was there?? For some reason I remember them always having a strong backfield even with new or no name guys. I'm I off my rocker, or am I recalling that correctly??

broncofaninfla
01-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Hey wasn't the defensive backfield in Jville always a strong point when delrio was there?? For some reason I remember them always having a strong backfield even with new or no name guys. I'm I off my rocker, or am I recalling that correctly??

Yes. Denver just upgraded at DB coach IMO.

Dzone
01-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Anyone seen or heard from Rahim Moore lately? How is he doing? Is he out partying? Not that it matters, but I wonder how it feels being compared to the old dallas cowboys "hail Mary" as the biggest blunder in NFL history. Biggest **** up in NFL history. Damn, that must be embarrassing.

shank
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Anyone seen or heard from Rahim Moore lately? How is he doing? Is he out partying? Not that it matters, but I wonder how it feels being compared to the old dallas cowboys "hail Mary" as the biggest blunder in NFL history. Biggest **** up in NFL history. Damn, that must be embarrassing.

he looked to be in rough shape in the post game interview. he took the blame. i feel bad for the guy, everyone makes mistakes and that was a hugenormous one.

smith49
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM

Yes. Denver just upgraded at DB coach IMO.

Well bfinfla, I guess that's a good thing then. I really don't ever pay a lot of attention to position coaches, but I suppose they gotta make a difference right??!!

dogfish
01-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Well bfinfla, I guess that's a good thing then. I really don't ever pay a lot of attention to position coaches, but I suppose they gotta make a difference right??!!

they absolutely make a difference. . . good position coaches are the backbone of a great organization-- ask the pittsburgh steelers, or mike shanahan. . . position coaches spend more one-on-one time coaching the players than any head coach or coordinator-- they're the guys that are most directly responsible for developing your young talent, and getting the most out of your vets. . . look at the profound impact alex gibbs and bobby turner had on this organization. . .

Fullback32
01-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Emmitt Smith was hilarious, "he got blowed up!". I miss Ol Elliteritt Smith.......

Just watch NFL Total Access or listen to NFL Sirius; you'll get to hear LaDainian Tomlinson speak. I've been trying to figure out how he got the gig (apart from his NFL career) because the man isn't the most eloquent gent in the world.

Nomad
01-15-2013, 11:45 PM

I guess. I'm not saying anything negative but DelRio probably works better with someone he's worked with before.

Dapper Dan
01-16-2013, 12:15 AM
He didn't get fired. His contract simply wasn't renewed. JDR wanted his guy. Even without the Moore-play this probably would have have happened. It's not always what it seems.

Chidoze
01-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Moore made a mistake but he wasn't the only problem on that defense. Easy to blame the second yr guy.

I wonder if the ST coach gets a raise.....thanks Holliday. Holliday gets a Christmas card:lol:
He'll get a free drink wherever he goes as well I bet ;)

Chidoze
01-16-2013, 02:16 AM

I still am not sure why they didnt roll the safeties over to give Champ some help. Torrey Smith made Champ his bitch on national television.

nyuk nyuk
01-16-2013, 02:16 AM
Apparently the new DBs coach (already on staff) worked with Del Rio elsewhere previously, so there's chemistry.

Chidoze
01-16-2013, 02:20 AM
Havent seen or heard anything since Saturday night.

He didnt look too good in the post game interview, he probably still feels like shit about it.

I'd imagine he'll lay low for a while.

Chidoze
01-16-2013, 02:23 AM
they absolutely make a difference. . . good position coaches are the backbone of a great organization-- ask the pittsburgh steelers, or mike shanahan. . . position coaches spend more one-on-one time coaching the players than any head coach or coordinator-- they're the guys that are most directly responsible for developing your young talent, and getting the most out of your vets. . . look at the profound impact alex gibbs and bobby turner had on this organization. . .
Bobby Turner is doing it with Washington now. Look at Alfred Morris, he broke Clinton Portis' single season rushing record for the Skins in 2012. I miss Bobby Turner

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 06:40 AM

He not coached it's the positioned he played in college.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 06:43 AM

What I would like to know is how the Steelers are able hold onto their coaches. It seems pretty rare for one their own to take a job elsewhere.

Timmy!
01-16-2013, 06:51 AM
Somebody had to get the axe....the new coach is rio's boy, so be it. As much i want to rip Rahims throat out and feed it toca straydog he at least was a man about and took the blame....hopefully he will learn and it will motivate him big time. If he introduces himself as rahim "the dream" moore next year i might go to jail for breaking shit.

chaoticmayhem
01-16-2013, 08:40 AM
The report is that his contract was not renewed. That's not a firing but kind of the same thing in a way I guess. Most likely the reasoning was more than just the Moore screwup.

slim
01-16-2013, 12:37 PM
He didn't get fired. His contract simply wasn't renewed. JDR wanted his guy. Even without the Moore-play this probably would have have happened. It's not always what it seems.

We are not firing you, we just aren't giving you any more paychecks. :lol:

Chef Zambini
01-16-2013, 01:27 PM
they fixed the glitch?
nepotism is hiring a family menber. did JDR hire his nephew?
who is gonna get fired for that houdini pass rush?
the same special teams coach who showed holiday how to run for daylight, also showed prater how to kick the ground first to get his bearings?
what is his fate?
keeps his job but no raise ?

scapegoat !
JDR and fox are responsable for that D we witnessed on the field saturday !
speaking of the steelers, when their RB failed to stay in bounds did they fire their Rb coach?
or did they recognize they had an idiot playing the position?
hey I blame coaches for almost everything, and that was one of the lamest last minute defenses I have ever witnessed.
but this one coach was not the reason our D failed to show up on saturday.

Simple Jaded
01-17-2013, 12:54 AM
Speaking of Holliday, did y'all see him almost get caught by the Ravens punter? They should move him to safety.......