PDA

View Full Version : Vic Lombardi reporting that the Broncos did not renew DB coach Milus contract

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Interesting, Milus also worked for Fox in Carolina. Again, contract not renewed. Nothing to do with the "bomb heard round the world"

An NFL source told me a few weeks ago to expect changes to the Broncos coaching staff. Communication issues between Milus and DB's.

Broncos tell me Milus's contract was not renewed. Had nothing to do with the DB's poor performance on Saturday. Dismissal was in the works

slim
01-15-2013, 08:31 PM
It smells like scapegoat in here.

spikerman
01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Interesting, Milus also worked for Fox in Carolina. Again, contract not renewed. Nothing to do with the "bomb heard round the world"

An NFL source told me a few weeks ago to expect changes to the Broncos coaching staff. Communication issues between Milus and DB's.

Broncos tell me Milus's contract was not renewed. Had nothing to do with the DB's poor performance on Saturday. Dismissal was in the works

What "bomb heard round the world"? What did I miss?

slim
01-15-2013, 08:39 PM
What did I miss?

The end of the fourth quarter, it sounds like.

spikerman
01-15-2013, 08:40 PM
The end of the fourth quarter, it sounds like.

Oh, sorry. I misread that. I didn't realize that's what it was referring to. I prefer to think of it as the "whiff heard round the world".

slim
01-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Oh, sorry. I misread that. I didn't realize that's what it was referring to. I prefer to think of it as the "whiff heard round the world".

I prefer not to think of it at all.

spikerman
01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
I prefer not to think of it at all.

That's a smarter move.

Dzone
01-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Either way, glad he is gone. Maybe he has crappy communications skills, bad people skills.. Its probably his fault that we lost that game Saturday, so he should be fired. :salute:

slim
01-15-2013, 08:42 PM
That's a smarter move.

It's a matter of survival, more than anything.

spikerman
01-15-2013, 08:56 PM

I can believe this. I'm guessing Bailey misunderstood him and thought he said, "don't cover their receivers on deep routes". :D

I have to joke about it to keep from crying.

Nomad
01-15-2013, 09:02 PM
I can believe this. I'm guessing Bailey misunderstood him and thought he said, "don't cover their receivers on deep routes". :D

I have to joke about it to keep from crying.

Bailey told him "I got this boy....watch and learn"

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2013, 09:09 PM
In the wake of the Broncos' 38-35 double-overtime loss to the Ravens on Saturday, Denver coach John Fox did not renew the contract of defensive backs coach Ron Milus, then hired Cory Undlin as his replacement.

This move was in the works for awhile, as Milus' coaching style clashed with several players from time to time over the past two years.

Undlin, who was the Jacksonville Jaguars' defensive backs coach under head coach Jack Del Rio from 2010-11 and spent the past season as the Broncos' quality control defensive assistant, is Denver's new secondary coach.

"This wasn't about one play or one game," said Broncos coach John Fox.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22381071/broncos-dismiss-defensive-backs-coach-ron-milus

Dzone
01-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Looks like this guy can get the job done
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/QA-with-Cory-Undlin/590406e3-3834-42d6-b509-a186c9941614