PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Bowlen's Letter to Broncos Fans

GEM
01-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Dear Broncos Country:
I write this letter to summarize my thoughts on the 2012 season and to thank you for your tremendous support this year.
Saturday's playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens was a gut-wrenching disappointment for everyone who loves the Denver Broncos. It marked a bitter end to an otherwise successful season.
I feel terrible for our players, coaches and staff who put forth maximum effort throughout the year. They accomplished many great things while falling short of our ultimate goal.
But most importantly, my heart aches for you.

Read the rest here:http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Mr-Bowlens-Letter-to-Broncos-Fans/a3b227d9-8f56-460e-bf0d-962ec5729a3b

Northman
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Meh. Nice of him to write a letter but im still not in a mood to hear any of it. The loss is still too fresh.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Pat's a class dude. He didn't have to write a letter. He's not hurting for ticket sales. The fanbase is strong and this wasn't a business decision. I honestly think Pat is as disappointed and has that same gnawing ache in the pit of his stomach that we all do.

Grover
01-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Well, Pat signed the letter, but someone from the PR department wrote it most likely. We'll see how serious he is about 2013 when we resign or franchise Clady and get a good OC that will help us score points when the defense is playing like crap.

T.K.O.
01-15-2013, 06:42 PM
we have the best shot at next years superbowl than ive seen in about 15 years....i'm optomistic as well mr B:salute:

vettesplus
01-15-2013, 07:22 PM
1996,97 and 98 played over!!!!

WARHORSE
01-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Really Pat? I appreciate the letter, but I thought the fan support during the game sucked.

I didnt see any cameras shaking. I didnt hear ear deafening noise. I looked at the screen numerous times to see tons of empty seats.

Poor, cold, freezing club seating fans. At times, almost the whole club level was missing while the game was being played.

Thats why we no longer have the that Mile High magic. The fans are pinky tipping wine sippers who dont want to get cold or rowdy.

Guess we cant have it both ways.............losing sucks.

Italianmobstr7
01-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Really Pat? I appreciate the letter, but I thought the fan support during the game sucked.

I didnt see any cameras shaking. I didnt hear ear deafening noise. I looked at the screen numerous times to see tons of empty seats.

Poor, cold, freezing club seating fans. At times, almost the whole club level was missing while the game was being played.

Thats why we no longer have the that Mile High magic. The fans are pinky tipping wine sippers who dont want to get cold or rowdy.

I went to most of the home games this year, including the playoff game and the crowd WAS incredible at the game. By far the best of any other game this year. We were all loud the entire game. Everyone STOOD most of the game which was awesome. The one time when it was kind of empty was right after halftime because people were trying to get warmed up. I never left my "seat" though. It was the best I've seen our crowd at any game I've ever been to. I was particularly impressed with the way conditions were. The loss sucked. The feeling afterwards sucked. But the crowd did not suck. Not for this game.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2013, 08:21 PM
I went to most of the home games this year, including the playoff game and the crowd WAS incredible at the game. By far the best of any other game this year. We were all loud the entire game. Everyone STOOD most of the game which was awesome. The one time when it was kind of empty was right after halftime because people were trying to get warmed up. I never left my "seat" though. It was the best I've seen our crowd at any game I've ever been to. I was particularly impressed with the way conditions were. The loss sucked. The feeling afterwards sucked. But the crowd did not suck. Not for this game.

My son, who goes to all the Broncos' home games was there, and said it was the loudest he had heard this year. Also, local sportscasters, who were there, said the same thing. I am sure the network has some way to drown out the crowd noise, so the announcers can be heard.

Italianmobstr7
01-15-2013, 08:45 PM
My son, who goes to all the Broncos' home games was there, and said it was the loudest he had heard this year. Also, local sportscasters, who were there, said the same thing. I am sure the network has some way to drown out the crowd noise, so the announcers can be heard.

Absolutely. It was definitely deafening most of the game. Especially on 3rd/4th down and after scoring plays for us. I was really happy and impressed witho our crowd for the first time this season since the Steelers game (and even that didn't compare except for the reaction after the Porter INT TD return).

zbeg
01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
The crowd noise came through loud and clear on the TV. It sounded really loud from what I could tell. Impressive showing by the fans, especially considering how cold it was.

Dzone
01-15-2013, 08:52 PM
11 wins in a row was a blast! So many great weekends and many good memories...but it still hurts like hell

Tned
01-15-2013, 09:18 PM

You have no idea what your are talking about and everything in your post is false.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

Tned
01-15-2013, 11:16 PM

Why don't you go to your DVR and take a picture of all these empty seats, "almost the whole club level" missing.

After spending the coldest four hours of my life in that stadium, that only had 100 no shows, and virtually every person in their seats (well, actually not, because virtually nobody sat at ALL during the game), except for rushing out of the stands after Manning knelt before the half, and some taking a few minutes after the half to make their way back to their seats.

That stadium was full, standing and screaming for 5+ quarters.

So, if you want to spew BS, back it up with some screen shots from the game showing these tons of empty seats and nearly the entire club level missing.

Also, as Carol said, the local reporters talked about how the crowd was deafening. Vic Lombardi said that until Jones crossed the endzone, you couldn't hear a thing, the stadium was deafening.

shank
01-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Why don't you go to your DVR and take a picture of all these empty seats, "almost the whole club level" missing.

After spending the coldest four hours of my life in that stadium, that only had 100 no shows, and virtually every person in their seats (well, actually not, because virtually nobody sat at ALL during the game), except for rushing out of the stands after Manning knelt before the half, and some taking a few minutes after the half to make their way back to their seats.

So, if you want to spew BS, back it up with some screen shots from the game showing these tons of empty seats and nearly the entire club level missing.

Also, as Carol said, the local reporters talked about how the crowd was deafening. Vic Lombardi said that until Jones crossed the endzone, you couldn't hear a thing, the stadium was deafening.
agreed on all counts. 12th man was there in force, i couldn't talk and could barely stand the next day (stomping). i'm very critical of the crowds at most games, but the people who showed up saturday did me proud.

Traveler
01-15-2013, 11:51 PM
1996,97 and 98 played over!!!!

I was thinking the same thing.

DenBronx
01-16-2013, 12:07 AM
I love our owner.

He's not a Bud Adams, Jerry Jones or Al Davis. Bowlen is smart and lets the men he hired do their job. He loves the fans and this loss break his heart just as much as it does our. This isnt a greedy power hungry owner, even in his older age he still has a passion for the game.

Cheers to Pat Bowlen!!!

DenBronx
01-16-2013, 12:09 AM

I can't even comprehend what you said here. The fans in Denver have came alive the past couple of years. You are way off the mark, sorry.

Tned
01-16-2013, 07:55 AM
John Elway talking about the playoff game: "I don’t know if I’ve seen fans be any more into a game than I did on Saturday afternoon or evening."

BroncoJoe
01-16-2013, 08:25 AM
So, the owner writes a heartfelt apologetic letter to the fans, and people feel the need to give him a hard time.

And the fans too. I'm so sick of the non-Denver, non-game going people who continue to use the "wine and cheese" crowd line. Mile High has been rocking for two years straight now. THE BRONCOS weren't giving us much to cheer for prior to that.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 08:26 AM

Like War I was watching from home. From my seat I wouldn't know how measure how loud it was but sure didn't sound like it was very quiet.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 08:29 AM
I can't even comprehend what you said here. The fans in Denver have came alive the past couple of years. You are way off the mark, sorry.

I'm sure it's hard to stay that reved up when so freaking cold but I certainly wouldn't say you all were quiet.

shank
01-16-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm sure it's hard to stay that reved up when so freaking cold but I certainly wouldn't say you all were quiet.

i think the cold made it easier to stay up - stomping and yelling helped keep me warm. it was the loudest game i've ever been to, no doubt.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 08:32 AM
i think the cold made it easier to stay up - stomping and yelling helped keep me warm. it was the loudest game i've ever been to, no doubt.

Louder than even the Old Mile High?

At any rate Bowlen proved what class act he is as an owner and as well as our fans who were fortunate enough to attend. :salute:

GEM
01-16-2013, 10:06 AM
I don't know any other owner who would take the time to send that to his fans. He probably wrote a letter, maybe PR spiced it up or whatever, but he wrote it. He took time out of his day he did not have to. Why complain about that shit? Just be ******* happy we don't have Jones as an owner and instead an owner who cares about this shit. He's put a pretty damn good product on the field for decades for us to enjoy. He has never gone cheap, never gone crazy and never shut us out of our passion. So be thankful instead of always looking for something to bitch about.

Thanks, Mr. Bowlen!

zbeg
01-16-2013, 10:17 AM
I don't know any other owner who would take the time to send that to his fans. He probably wrote a letter, maybe PR spiced it up or whatever, but he wrote it. He took time out of his day he did not have to. Why complain about that shit? Just be ******* happy we don't have Jones as an owner and instead an owner who cares about this shit. He's put a pretty damn good product on the field for decades for us to enjoy. He has never gone cheap, never gone crazy and never shut us out of our passion. So be thankful instead of always looking for something to bitch about.

Thanks, Mr. Bowlen!

The Broncos have averaged over 10 wins a season under Bowlen, IIRC. We see the effects of bad ownership (Raiders, Bengals, Cowboys, Cardinals). We're so lucky to be on the other end of that spectrum.

It's so hard to find an owner who is so emotionally invested in the team, willing to spend the money on the team, and lives and dies with the team - yet lets the people he's hired to do the football stuff do their job while he stays out.

We are so lucky to be Broncos fans.

GEM
01-16-2013, 10:28 AM
I don't see the other owners out on the field in below freezing weather win or loss. Out there feeling what the fans are feeling. Always see them in their nice cush box seats. ALWAYS see Bowlen down on the sideline. Dude is a beast!

Chef Zambini
01-16-2013, 10:30 AM

Guess we cant have it both ways.............losing sucks.thats what I saw too!
I expected a see of boisterous orange, what i witnessed was a polka dot of the team color scattered amongst far too many empty seats!
I know our members that attended came strong and loud, but the vast majority of the home croud turned in a performance similar to the team, lack-luster or just didnt show up !
PB is an OK dude, but his new stadium and sky box configuration has alot to do with the missing rabbit in the mile high magic, sorry.

GEM
01-16-2013, 10:36 AM
thats what I saw too!
I expected a see of boisterous orange, what i witnessed was a polka dot of the team color scattered amongst far too many empty seats!
I know our members that attended came strong and loud, but the vast majority of the home croud turned in a performance similar to the team, lack-luster or just didnt show up !
PB is an OK dude, but his new stadium and sky box configuration has alot to do with the missing rabbit in the mile high magic, sorry.

Read the thread, Zam. Numerous people who were at the game said this isn't true. The place was freaking rocking. I went to 2 games this year and 2 games last year and every one of them, that place felt like the old Mile High. The 2 previous years I went to 4 games and not a single one felt like it has the last 2 seasons. For a couple of guys who haven't gone to actual games....you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't see the other owners out on the field in below freezing weather win or loss. Out there feeling what the fans are feeling. Always see them in their nice cush box seats. ALWAYS see Bowlen down on the sideline. Dude is a beast!
very true GEM, but some owners feel being on the field is "grandstanding" as ironic as that use of phrase may be.
and then there is the jerry jones scenario, where the team has asked him to stay off the sidelines.
There is no better OWNER in all of sport than robert KRAFT, he feels the sidelines are for the players, coaches and staff, and the owner and his family do not deserve the HONOR of being on the sideline.
I will say that PB does know how to work that full length mink coat, not every man can pull that off !
I do think that PB is an owner that talks softly and writes big checks.
He knows that ity is all about winning, and he turns his checkbook over to the men he has selected to help us acheiove the ultimate goal.
as for some PR guy writing this letter, not a chance, it came from the heart.

MOtorboat
01-16-2013, 10:44 AM
very true GEM, but some owners feel being on the field is "grandstanding" as ironic as that use of phrase may be.
and then there is the jerry jones scenario, where the team has asked him to stay off the sidelines.
There is no better OWNER in all of sport than robert KRAFT, he feels the sidelines are for the players, coaches and staff, and the owner and his family do not deserve the HONOR of being on the sideline.
I will say that PB does know how to work that full length mink coat, not every man can pull that off !
He knows that ity is all about winning, and he turns his checkbook over to the men he has selected to help us acheiove the ultimate goal.

Kraft is on the field before every game. He gets more camera time than anyone, on the field, before the game.

Pay attention.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Kraft is on the field before every game. He gets more camera time than anyone, on the field, before the game.

Pay attention.

It would be easier to for Zam to grow a pair and fly than pay attention.

Just kidding about the wings but paying and not dismissing people who were actually there wouldn't be a bad idea.

PatriotsGuy
01-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Mr. Kraft IS usually on the sidelines during warm ups.

Thnikkaman
01-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Meanwhile Bob Kraft is being skeevey interviewing young girls for "actress roles"

Chef Zambini
01-16-2013, 11:01 AM

Pay attention.excuse me for refering to an interview done with kraft when asked why he does not STAY ON the field during the game!
excuse me.

MOtorboat
01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
excuse me for refering to an interview done with kraft when asked why he does not STAY ON the field during the game!
excuse me.

Bowlen doesn't either...they both do the same. But here you are ragging on Bowlen for being on the field and praising Kraft for being on the field.

Inconsistent argument is inconsistent.

GEM
01-16-2013, 11:06 AM

Nope. No better owner than Pat Bowlen. He don't have the dough that Kraft has, yet he don't play like a man with little money.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Read the thread, Zam. Numerous people who were at the game said this isn't true. The place was freaking rocking. I went to 2 games this year and 2 games last year and every one of them, that place felt like the old Mile High. The 2 previous years I went to 4 games and not a single one felt like it has the last 2 seasons. For a couple of guys who haven't gone to actual games....you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.gem thats good to know, bur I saw alot of empty seats, I watched the game in replay and noticed lots of empty seats. did you record the game?
I did see some idiot fans celebrating like we won the superbowl late in regulation, are these the fans you are thinking of?
so JFE and PB id not chaSTISE THE FANS FOR THEIR LACK OF ENTHUSIASM OF SUPPORT FOLLOWING A BITTER LOSS, IMAGINE THAT!
DID THEY ANNOUNCE NO SHOWS LIKE THEY USUALLY DO?
IMAGINE THAT!
sorry I was not at the game, I have not attended a bronco game since I drove overnight after working until 11PM to see our broncos lose to the steelers at the new mile high.
the place was packed, and it was loud, and it was passionate! sad thing, 30% of it was STEELER FANS who got their tickets on line from BRONCO , dare i call them "fans"
and the new mile high is what it is, and those empty seats are a reality, not an opinion !
some folks may not like hearing it, especially from this source, but thast does not change the reality,
iremember the old mile high.
the announcer announced another sell out and then announced the number of NO SHOWS! and it illicited as big a boo as any during the game!
those days are gone, thats reality.

GEM
01-16-2013, 11:27 AM
No those days are not gone. They still announce the seats, they still announce the no shows which at every game I have been to the last 2 seasons has been minimal. The last being vs. the Texans and there was 500 no shows.....500 out of 76,000. And believe me...I know the old Mile High, my dad and I went to 3 or 4 games a year there for decades. So I know the difference between Mile High and Sports Authority. And the last 2 seasons, it's as close as it's been to the "old days."

And yes, I saw the game and the only time I saw empty seats was after halftime. People coming back to their seats because of the lines to the restroom. NO ONE LEFT THE GAME WHILE IN PLAY so there were huge lines at halftime.

Go back to the first game of the season last year....MN vs. the Raiders. I went to that game and one of the first things I posted after was that the place was rocking like the old days and how different it felt than seasons previous at Invesco. That place has come back to life with the last 2 seasons of winning football. Maybe it was McDaniels getting the boot, maybe it was the Tebow excitement, but now it's legitimately the Broncos have breathed life back into the fans. I used to think it was just shitty fans....what I have come to believe is that the fans were tired of the product on the field.

I'll take the word of people that were there, I'll take the word of Vic Lombardi, I'll take the word of JOHN ******* ELWAY who all say that place was historical on Saturday. I won't take the word of a couple of guys on a message board who watched the game on tv. Sorry.

Tned
01-16-2013, 11:37 AM
thats what I saw too!

As I said to Warhorse, go to your DVR and take a screen shot of these empty seats.

What you may be getting confused as "empty seats" were some people that were wearing blue or black coats over the top of their orange jerseys. By half time, it was something like 10* with the windchill at times in the -12 range.

No offense, but your statement about the crowds performance is ill informed and clueless.

Dzone
01-16-2013, 11:53 AM
That was a nice letter from PB.
Theyre bringing a Psychologist on 1043 to offer suggestions to fans who are going through grieving and depression over this game. LOL

Chef Zambini
01-16-2013, 11:59 AM
so gem, what was the no show # announced for THIS game?
as for the 500, sorry, but I remeber those numbers being more like 17-35, not in the hundreds!
the last year at mile high (the old bears stadium) I attended 2 games, the monday nighter against the pats, when both teams were undefeated, and the re-match in the play-offs against the jags. at both games the no shows were less than 40, not 400....40.
there were no sky boxes and you could feel the building shake with the fever of emotion !
I have only attended one game at the new mile high, it was dramaticly different, even though it was a play-off game, and people were absolutely going nuts trying to make a difference.

I admiot, not a large sample size, but I have no interest in attending another game there, the experience was so dissapointing.
sorry, gem, thats just my reality.

Tned
01-16-2013, 12:01 PM
so gem, what was the no show # announced for THIS game?
as for the 500, sorry, but I remeber those numbers being more like 17-35, not in the hundreds!
the last year at mile high (the old bears stadium) I attended 2 games, the monday nighter against the pats, when both teams were undefeated, and the re-match in the play-offs against the jags. at both games the no shows were less than 40, not 400....40.
there were no sky boxes and you could feel the building shake with the fever of emotion !
I have only attended one game at the new mile high, it was dramaticly different, even though it was a play-off game, and people were absolutely going nuts trying to make a difference.

I admiot, not a large sample size, but I have no interest in attending another game there, the experience was so dissapointing.

Speaking for fans that do go to the new Mile High, I thank you for not attending.

The no shows were around 100.

BroncoJoe
01-16-2013, 12:03 PM

That says it all.

There was a moment at the start of the 2nd half where the cameras did show a lot of empty seats. People still making their way back to their seats after half-time. It most certainly wasn't a representation of the entire game, and cameras showing the end of the game reflected a stadium at full capacity. IIRC, no shows were 120.

Those who no nothing, should simply shut the hell up.

GEM
01-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Then you speak of something you don't know and should exit stage left. Cause you have no clue what you are speaking of.

Fullback32
01-16-2013, 12:23 PM

The only time I saw that was at the beginning of the third quarter when people were still away from their seats due to half-time.

camdisco24
01-16-2013, 01:04 PM
This is what I have gathered from this thread:

A) Pat Bowlen is by far the best owner in the NFL and will fight til the end to bring the Lombardi back to Denver.

B) The only people who think Mile High was't rocking on Saturday are a handful of folks who weren't even there...

and for the record, from my seat at home, I saw the camera shaking MULTIPLE times and only saw empty seats after halftime. Anyone who has ever been to a cold weather game knows that the hot chocolate line gets pretty crazy at halftime. Of course it's going to take some time to get back to your seats! Where does common sense go when some people log on these forums? It's so funny that one person sees one thing on TV and another sees the exact same thing TOTALLY different.

I guess it's all about mindset... positive vs. negative.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Bowlen doesn't either...they both do the same. But here you are ragging on Bowlen for being on the field and praising Kraft for being on the field.

Inconsistent argument is inconsistent.I did not "rage" on PB, he has every right to be anywhere he wants during any part of gameday!
kraft made a point of explaining why he is not on the field during the game.
he offered up his "perspective' when he was asked about JJ who used to be on the sideline during the entire game, in the players and coaches ears !
He explained how he showed his support for his team by being with them pre-game, but also said it was RESPECT for them and their abilioty to do their jobs that put him in the owners BOX during the game!
mark Cuban was also part of the discussion.
Owners show their support in different ways, that was the essence of my post, thanks to all the zam=puppets for trying to mis-represent it!
love the hostility and the easy access to the on switch !
Please continue to IGNORE all the positive things i said about PB and to continue to misrepresent what I posted.
dance little puppets, dance !

MOtorboat
01-16-2013, 02:02 PM
I did not "rage" on PB, he has every right to be anywhere he wants during any part of gameday!
kraft made a point of explaining why he is not on the field during the game.
he offered up his "perspective' when he was asked about JJ who used to be on the sideline during the entire game, in the players and coaches ears !
He explained how he showed his support for his team by being with them pre-game, but also said it was RESPECT for them and their abilioty to do their jobs that put him in the owners BOX during the game!
mark Cuban was also part of the discussion.
Owners show their support in different ways, that was the essence of my post, thanks to all the zam=puppets for trying to mis-represent it!
love the hostility and the easy access to the on switch !
Please continue to IGNORE all the positive things i said about PB and to continue to misrepresent what I posted.
dance little puppets, dance !

:martyr:

Chef Zambini
01-16-2013, 02:06 PM
" I do think that PB is an owner that talks softly and writes big checks.
as for some PR guy writing this letter, not a chance, it came from the heart." - a quote from zambini

listed in a mo rebuttle. he can quote it
he just cant read it or understand it.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Smartyr.

Italianmobstr7
01-16-2013, 05:20 PM
As I said to Warhorse, go to your DVR and take a screen shot of these empty seats.

What you may be getting confused as "empty seats" were some people that were wearing blue or black coats over the top of their orange jerseys. By half time, it was something like 10* with the windchill at times in the -12 range.

No offense, but your statement about the crowds performance is ill informed and clueless.

Absolutely not true what Zam or War said. I was there. I (painfully) watched the replay of the game on my DVR too. There were 129 no shows. 129. That's f'ing ridiuclously low considering the weather. The crowd was LOUD, and the crowd was FULL all except for the opening minutes of the 3rd quarter. If you think otherwise, or state otherwise just know that you are 100% WRONG.

Tned
01-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Absolutely not true what Zam or War said. I was there. I (painfully) watched the replay of the game on my DVR too. There were 129 no shows. 129. That's f'ing ridiuclously low considering the weather. The crowd was LOUD, and the crowd was FULL all except for the opening minutes of the 3rd quarter. If you think otherwise, or state otherwise just know that you are 100% WRONG.

Makes me wonder if people making those statements even watched the game on TV.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

shank
01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Louder than even the Old Mile High?

At any rate Bowlen proved what class act he is as an owner and as well as our fans who were fortunate enough to attend. :salute:

never had the pleasure, unfortunately.

zam, please go make a bad bet and get your fingers broken by a bookie. TIA

zbeg
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Makes me wonder if people making those statements even watched the game on TV.

The showed the crowd right after halftime when Holliday scored and they mentioned how so much of the crowd missed the kickoff return because they were still on the concourses because it was absurdly cold.

So I guess if you take that shot and you remove all context and you ignore all the other crowd shots and you ignore all the other information about the attendance and crowd and you didn't pay attention to the crowd noise or any descriptions of the crowd, then yeah - it looked like there was a bunch of no-shows. Sort of. Well, for a few minutes, anyway.

WARHORSE
01-16-2013, 08:45 PM

Yeah most Bronco fans, like myself have been fired up this year. Last year? There was as much controversy as there was cheering. As for a full stadium of standing screaming fans for 5+ quarters, um.....no. If you were there
cheering, maybe you took my comments personally. Sorry about that. Im not saying there werent true fans there. But Im not pasting any shots for you, I know what I saw and I have NO desire to see the game again. You go back and look at the game yourself and tell me the stadium was full the whole time. BS is right.

Deafening? Maybe at times. Definitely not when Jacoby caught that bomb from Flacco.

Hats off to those who cheered their hearts out. But I know what I saw.

And to all those who think Im slamming Bowlen, Im not, and I dont. I have absolutely no problems with him and think hes one of the best owners in sports. And writing the letter was thoughtful and accurate for the most part.

I was talking about THIS GAME.

WARHORSE
01-16-2013, 09:00 PM
So, the owner writes a heartfelt apologetic letter to the fans, and people feel the need to give him a hard time.

And the fans too. I'm so sick of the non-Denver, non-game going people who continue to use the "wine and cheese" crowd line. Mile High has been rocking for two years straight now. THE BRONCOS weren't giving us much to cheer for prior to that.

Every true Bronco fan has appreciated this past year. And looking at my comments Im sure everyone who goes and cheers hard for the Broncos like yourself and others on this board maybe upset about what I put, definitely didnt mean to demean any of you although I can see how it did. Sorry.

But Im not taking any of it back. Maybe I could have said it better cause it seems like I was ungrateful for his taking the time to write the letter. Im not, and I appreciate what he did. Guess Im still salty from what I saw sitting here on an island in the Pacific screaming our heads off and seeing all the empty seats at times on the big screen. Still gets my craw.

Sorry to the true Denver locals there who cheered like crazy if you thought I was talking about you. Im not.

South stands were full the whole time. Once again, not talkin about that crew or those who gave it their all.

So sorry for rustlin up the natives................I repent in dust and ashes.

Im pissed sittin over here on this island by myself, what do you expect? :D

WARHORSE
01-16-2013, 09:04 PM

100% wrong.......EXCEPT for the opening minutes of the third quarter.

See, someone from here would be choking on their salsa like I was........where the hell are the fans????? Eating? Crapping? Talkin politics???

I wouldnt have missed a second of it.

Thats just me though. Bathroom break and all that considerin.

THey coulda peed in a cup. ;)

nyuk nyuk
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM

That's a joke considering ticket prices were so high. Nosebleeders were over $200. Why not sell at face value if you're not going to at least fill the place?

Tned
01-16-2013, 10:41 PM
That's a joke considering ticket prices were so high. Nosebleeders were over $200. Why not sell at face value if you're not going to at least fill the place?

There was just over 100 no shows. One of the best crowd turnouts the new stadium has ever seen. Warhorse doesn't know what he's talking about. Reacted to one shot taken during halftime and ASSumed it represented the whole game.

MOtorboat
01-16-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm a little disappointed in War. Dude is a smart man, he shouldn't be making the assumptions and completely wrong assertions he's made in this thread.

Zam...that's a different story.

Army Bronco
01-16-2013, 11:12 PM

That says it all.

There was a moment at the start of the 2nd half where the cameras did show a lot of empty seats. People still making their way back to their seats after half-time. It most certainly wasn't a representation of the entire game, and cameras showing the end of the game reflected a stadium at full capacity. IIRC, no shows were 120.

Those who no nothing, should simply shut the hell up. It kinda pisses me off that people dont go. I sorta understand but it still bothers me. Ive never been able to go to a home game cause ive never lived there so that is one of my dreams...to go to a home game. Ive only been to a game in Dallas, thanksgiving 2001. They bussed us from Fort Hood to be paet of the pre game and halftime shows since it was after 9-11. Still, i held the flag right in front of Shanahan so that was awesome and met Elway in Iraq as you see in my avatar. He threw that ball he is signing and i luckily caught it... made my day!!

MOtorboat
01-16-2013, 11:18 PM
It kinda pisses me off that people dont go. I sorta understand but it still bothers me. Ive never been able to go to a home game cause ive never lived there so that is one of my dreams...to go to a home game. Ive only been to a game in Dallas, thanksgiving 2001. They bussed us from Fort Hood to be paet of the pre game and halftime shows since it was after 9-11. Still, i held the flag right in front of Shanahan so that was awesome and met Elway in Iraq as you see in my avatar. He threw that ball he is signing and i luckily caught it... made my day!!

That's the thing.

People DID go.

It's people assuming shit that are wrong.

Tned
01-16-2013, 11:54 PM
That's the thing.

People DID go.

It's people assuming shit that are wrong.

It was the second coldest home game in Broncos history, yet it was the sixth or seventh largest home crowd in team history.

If that's not a good turnout, I don't know what is.

By the way, Broncos also set a single season attendance record for the franchise this season.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

MOtorboat
01-17-2013, 08:07 AM
It was the second coldest home game in Broncos history, yet it was the sixth or seventh largest home crowd in team history.

By the way, Broncos also set a single season attendance record for the franchise this season.

Plus, the claim that the cameras weren't shaking is flat false. The new stadium does have a better base, and the main cameras don't shake now, but just about any sideline camera they showed while the Ravens were on offense was shaking.

Tned
01-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Plus, the claim that the cameras weren't shaking is flat false. The new stadium does have a better base, and the main cameras don't shake now, but just about any sideline camera they showed while the Ravens were on offense was shaking.

The next day, I asked Vic Lombardi about the crowd noise. Saying, from where I was, it sounded VERY loud, but Baltimore handled it so well, I wondered if we weren't as loud as I thought. His response was:

RT @VicLombardi: @BroncosForums The crowd noise was deafening. Couldn't hear a damn thing until Jones crossed the goal line.

Army Bronco
01-17-2013, 09:44 AM

Plus, the claim that the cameras weren't shaking is flat false. The new stadium does have a better base, and the main cameras don't shake now, but just about any sideline camera they showed while the Ravens were on offense was shaking. I thought the same thing about the shaking. I would think that they would've improved where ever the cameras are anchored down. It just looks cooler on tv when the stadium shakes

shank
01-17-2013, 09:51 AM
this thread is freaking dumb. this would be like me arguing with top about what dinosaurs look like. i would have to be a damned retard to think i know better than someone who was there.

Tned
01-17-2013, 10:19 AM
I thought the same thing about the shaking. I would think that they would've improved where ever the cameras are anchored down. It just looks cooler on tv when the stadium shakes

Not only that, but since cameras on helicopters now have 100% stable images, you would probably only see the shaking if there was no stabilization in the camera.

Magnificent Seven
01-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks, Mr. Bowlen :salute:

Chef Zambini
01-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks, Mr. Bowlen :salute:back on topic, bravo.