PDA

View Full Version : Chargers near deal with Mike McCoy

UnderArmour
01-15-2013, 09:22 AM
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/291184829477838848

Chargers are nearing a deal to make Mike McCoy their head coach. Looks like it will be finalized today. More ahead @CBSSports

Looks like the Broncos will be upgrading the offensive coordinator position. Unfortunately for us though, McCoy will probably be a better head coach than he was offensive coordinator. Terrible playcaller, but when it came to installing schemes and preparing players for the game, I don't think we could have asked for more out of a coach.

CrazyHorse
01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Looks like the only way the Chargers and Raiders can beat us is by stealing our coordinates.

SR
01-15-2013, 09:44 AM
WTF is with Denver coaches going to other AFCW teams?

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 09:51 AM
If Manning is one the that actually calls the plays as some say he does out of ignorance then how can there be a upgrade? It's illogical.

Mike
01-15-2013, 09:59 AM
If Manning is one the that actually calls the plays as some say he does out of ignorance then how can there be a upgrade? It's illogical.

Who knows how things go down. I think that he audibles out of plays given what the defense is showing. The OC, along with input from Manning, designs the offensive gameplan. You can see similarities between last year's offense and this year's. Manning was better able to execute it than Tebow, so of course there will be better results. Doesn't change the fact that McCoy is a bad playcaller.

Maybe he will surround himself with good coaches and be a solid HC. But I have seen nothing that leads me to believe that is going to happen. I have no fear of seeing the Broncos face him twice a year.

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Who knows how things go down. I think that he audibles out of plays given what the defense is showing. The OC, along with input from Manning, designs the offensive gameplan. You can see similarities between last year's offense and this year's. Manning was better able to execute it than Tebow, so of course there will be better results. Doesn't change the fact that McCoy is a bad playcaller.

Maybe he will surround himself with good coaches and be a solid HC. But I have seen nothing that leads me to believe that is going to happen. I have no fear of seeing the Broncos face him twice a year.

You have no facts you have assumptions.

Mike
01-15-2013, 10:08 AM
You no facts you have assumptions.

Of course. That is why I caveated it with who knows how things go down and I think. I feel comfortable with my assumptions though. Hopefully my assumptions are correct and McCoy goes on to be as mediocre in SD as he was in Denver and our new OC is able to get the production I think this offense is capable of next year.

CoachChaz
01-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Paging Mr. Wisenhunt

Dzone
01-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Mccoy was too busy interviewing for a new job , which resulted in his shittiest job of coordinating all year against the ravens. Good riddance.
The radio is saying its Wisenhunt

Done deal. Mccoy is gone
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22376433/broncos-mike-mccoy-hired-by-san-diego-chargers

BroncoWave
01-15-2013, 10:22 AM
You have no facts you have assumptions.

And what facts do you have that validate you calling people "ignorant" who think Manning calls the plays?

GEM
01-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Good. Later days, ass munch. Hope you have long nights with Phyllis filled with ass kickings and dreams of Manning stuffing ....err wait, I can't even think of a single defensive player on the Sparklers that's even name worthy. Good luck sucking. You should handle it well.

CoachChaz
01-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Mccoy was too busy interviewing for a new job , which resulted in his shittiest job of coordinating all year against the ravens. Good riddance.

Done deal. Mccoy is gone
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22376433/broncos-mike-mccoy-hired-by-san-diego-chargers

I think as soon as McCoy started interviewing and Wisenhunt got fired, the writing was on the wall.

rationalfan
01-15-2013, 10:30 AM

are they reporting he's going to be hired, or just that he'd be a good replacement? because, the stuff i've been reading suggests he's still interviewing for head coaching gigs.

vandammage13
01-15-2013, 10:30 AM
WTF is with Denver coaches going to other AFCW teams?

I was thinking the same thing...I guess it just further illustrates how much the teams in our division are trying to catch up with us.

Dirk
01-15-2013, 10:32 AM
are they reporting he's going to be hired, or just that he'd be a good replacement? because, the stuff i've been reading suggests he's still interviewing for head coaching gigs.

According to "sources" he cancelled his other interviews.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Has a team ever lost coordinators to 2 division rivals before?

I'm praying JDR doesn't go to KC.

I've never been a McCoy fan, so I'm interested to see who we get now.

CoachChaz
01-15-2013, 10:33 AM

Yeah...he's definitely an option for one of the current openings, so nothing is set in stone. But if he doesnt get one of them...I believe he'll be in Denver.

He doesnt seem to be a top 2 choice of any of the teams he's interviewed with

vandammage13
01-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Not sure why McCoy was one of the hot commodities this offseason...

A couple years running a dumpster fire hollow yardage offense with Orton, one year running a so called "gimmick" offense, and another where he was merely the co-coordinator with Manning...

I don't see him being successful as a HC, especially in Sparkler land...And this bodes well for us.

Mike
01-15-2013, 10:34 AM

McCoy informed the Broncos this morning that he is leaving his job as their offensive coordinator to become the new head coach in San Diego, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

Dapper Dan
Phillip Fulmer anyone? :D :lol:

CoachChaz

I thought he just interviewed with Philly yesterday.

Buff
Lame. Too bad you can't block moves within the division.

NOW I'll join the McCoy hate train. I don't blame him for leaving - but he can't blame us for now hating him.

CoachChaz
01-15-2013, 10:35 AM
It only benefits us. We know the tendencies and schemes that McCoy and Allen run, so I think that helps us in the long run

Mike
01-15-2013, 10:36 AM
It only benefits us. We know the tendencies and schemes that McCoy and Allen run, so I think that helps us in the long run

On the flip, he knows Manning's weaknesses.

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 10:37 AM

Are there any others besides Jason LaCanforna?

GEM
01-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Has a team ever lost coordinators to 2 division rivals before?

I'm praying JDR doesn't go to KC.

I've never been a McCoy fan, so I'm interested to see who we get now.

??KC already hired Reid.

Buff
01-15-2013, 10:40 AM

No way. I think he is at a bigger advantage knowing all of the nuances of our offense... He will likely run a slightly different scheme in SD, whereas Peyton's system is virtually unchanging.

Skinny
01-15-2013, 10:41 AM

According to some, his weakness just signed on in Sandy Eggo...

Dapper Dan
01-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Lame. Too bad you can't block moves within the division.

NOW I'll join the McCoy hate train. I don't blame him for leaving - but he can't blame us for now hating him.

Same with Eddie Royal.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2013, 10:44 AM
??KC already hired Reid.

That's what THEY want you to think, man.

Yeah, I know. I was just saying it would complete the whole situation.

SR
01-15-2013, 10:44 AM

Doesn't matter at all. Manning is smarter than McCoy.

CoachChaz
01-15-2013, 10:45 AM
No way. I think he is at a bigger advantage knowing all of the nuances of our offense... He will likely run a slightly different scheme in SD, whereas Peyton's system is virtually unchanging.

He may know the player...but he wont know the new system. Yes...I know not much changes in Manning's world. But there will be changes. Especially as Manning gets older. At worst, it's a wash, but I dont get overly nervous going into a game where I know the tendencies of the players AND the coach

Dzone
01-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Hire Wisenhunt. He came within a James Harrison pick of winning the super bowl. He was also the coordinator for Cowher when they won the super bowl.

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 10:47 AM
??KC already hired Reid.

They could if they offered him assistant head coaching position. I don't know of any time that Reid has ever had assistant head coach. Even then I doubt Del Rio would leave because I'm sure he would rather have a head coaching position.

Buff
01-15-2013, 10:47 AM
He may know the player...but he wont know the new system. Yes...I know not much changes in Manning's world. But there will be changes. Especially as Manning gets older. At worst, it's a wash, but I dont get overly nervous going into a game where I know the tendencies of the players AND the coach

But you have to admit it's not ideal to lose two coordinators to divisional rivals in consecutive years. Maybe in the end it will be a bit of a wash, but if we had our druthers, we'd like to see them out of the division IMO.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2013, 10:48 AM
I know it's not the exact same, but Oakland getting Allen didn't seem to help at all with knowing whatever it is that he knows about the team. I don't think it'll matter that much with McCoy.

Like I read, watched, or whatever it was.. Manning's offense is simple. Everyone that watches film sees the plays and routes. It's not expansive. He just executes it well.

rationalfan
01-15-2013, 10:49 AM

but, if manning makes all the decisions in this offense how do we know the tendencies of mccoy?

CoachChaz
01-15-2013, 10:49 AM
But you have to admit it's not ideal to lose two coordinators to divisional rivals in consecutive years. Maybe in the end it will be a bit of a wash, but if we had our druthers, we'd like to see them out of the division IMO.

I guess I see if differently. Now instead of going into next season against the Chargers and having to rely on film from a few weeks, we already have an insight into things as well as the film. I think it's an easier adjustment than it would be if a college coach or a coordinator you dont know took over. Starts the learning process completely over. Just my opinion

CoachChaz
01-15-2013, 10:50 AM
but, if manning makes all the decisions in this offense how do we know the tendencies of mccoy?

You're never going to convince me that Manning makes ALL of the decisions and that McCoy just sat around with his thumb up his ass

Mike
01-15-2013, 10:51 AM

Ordinarily I would agree. But Allen didn't scare me much going to Oakland, McCoy scares me even less going to SD. In fact, I would much rather have SD take McCoy than somebody like Arian.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2013, 10:52 AM
The things I saw in the 2011 that I saw again in 2012, I assumed that was McCoy stuff. The draws on 3rd and long. The many, many screens. Whatever irritated me in both seasons, I have just attributed to McCoy. Fair or not, I don't know.

rationalfan
01-15-2013, 10:52 AM
I know it's not the exact same, but Oakland getting Allen didn't seem to help at all with knowing whatever it is that he knows about the team. I don't think it'll matter that much with McCoy.

Like I read, watched, or whatever it was.. Manning's offense is simple. Everyone that watches film sees the plays and routes. It's not expansive. He just executes it well.

bingo. it's all about execution. that's the brilliance of manning, he compels the people around him to execute plays in the game the way they're run in practice. and since denver has had two straight years of successful offenses, you have to give some credit to mccoy too. the guy gets his people to produce. ultimately, that's what you want in a coach.

Buff
01-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Ordinarily I would agree. But Allen didn't scare me much going to Oakland, McCoy scares me even less going to SD. In fact, I would much rather have SD take McCoy than somebody like Arian.

I really don't understand why you and coach are so nonchalant about it. He knows every detail of our offense, which Manning has been running for a decade. We play him twice a year. SD's defense just got immediately more difficult to prepare for IMO.

Dapper Dan
I would think about the flip side of it. Who knows McCoy better than John Fox? The enemy you know it better than the one you don't. Or something like that.

Mike
bingo. it's all about execution. that's the brilliance of manning, he compels the people around him to execute plays in the game the way they're run in practice. and since denver has had two straight years of successful offenses, you have to give some credit to mccoy too. the guy gets his people to produce. ultimately, that's what you want in a coach.

Tebow's offense was anything but a success. One can argue that the gameplans sucked ass until they through the gameplan out the window and let Tebow do his thing late in the games.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2013, 10:54 AM

There is no way Allen would know much about the Broncos after he left - i.e. Manning - new offensive scheme, JDR - new defensive scheme.

Mike
01-15-2013, 10:55 AM
I really don't understand why you and coach are so nonchalant about it. He knows every detail of our offense, which Manning has been running for a decade. We play him twice a year. SD's defense just got immediately more difficult to prepare for IMO.

I simply think having a competent OC with Manning will trump any advantage SD might get.

CoachChaz
01-15-2013, 10:55 AM
There is no way Allen would know much about the Broncos after he left - i.e. Manning - new offensive scheme, JDR - new defensive scheme.

Exactly. Which is why there is more of an advantage in knowing McCoy than in him knowing us. Yes...he knows Manning...but he wont know Wisenhunt (or whoever the next OC may be). Like I said, it's not a huge advantage by any means, but better than not knowing anything at all

Buff
01-15-2013, 10:56 AM
I simply think having a competent OC with Manning will trump any advantage SD might get.

Well, that's emotion talking. McCoy is widely respected around the league as competent. (If you were implying that McCoy is incompetent, which on second read maybe you weren't.)

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2013, 10:56 AM
from article:

Fox will now seek an offensive coordinator to replace McCoy. Candidates may include Tom Moore, Manning's longtime coordinator with the Indianapolis Colts, and current Broncos quarterback coach Adam Gase.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22376433/broncos-mike-mccoy-hired-by-san-diego-chargers

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 11:00 AM

Some of the language will change but I wouldn't think much in the way of formations will. McCoy has smart quarterback in Rivers but he doesn't slide around in the pocket as well as Manning does. Right now we much better personnel.

underrated29
01-15-2013, 11:03 AM

Yes however, we will not be running on every first down. W will not be throwing the wr bubble screen on every second or third down that has 6-7 yards to go. We are not going to run a trap right on a plays where we need 3 inches. I'm going out on a limb to presume our new OC will know what a rb screen is and actually call some. I think our new OC would know about pitches and toss plays, sweeps and counters to get our speed or wiggle guys in open space.

So even though McCoy will know our offense. He would say to himself ok, it's second and 7, I would call the wr bubble screen here. So defense get ready for the bubble screen......oh what...they didn't do that? I would have.

Third and 4 - ok I would run the ball trap right so defense play the run on the right......oh what...they threw a screen right passed our blitz and run stuffers oh shiat!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

.@SpaceCowboyLG Great point. Bigger impact on the other players. But PFM is his own OC. Just the way it is.

But it doesn't matter who becomes the OC, the offense will essentially look the same. PFM's not running read-option.

The one reason PFM visited Arizona during his courtship last year - Ken Whisenhunt. Stayed at his house. Golf buddies.

If the Broncos can get Whisenhunt as OC, that would be a major coup. The Broncos would have three head coaches on staff.

BroncoWave
I think all the stuff about a former player or coach knowing the tendencies of his former team and therefore having an advantage is a complete load of crap. I've never seen a single stat to back that hypothesis up. You can also learn the schemes and tendencies of teams by watching them on tape. If Mike McCoy knows a weakness of Manning, so do 31 other teams because they have just as much access to our film as he does.

CoachChaz

He knows the players...but he wont know the new OC. We know SD's players AND their head coach, who will have a significant impact on their offense. Advantage Broncos.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2013, 11:06 AM
He knows the players...but he wont know the new OC. We know SD's players AND their head coach, who will have a significant impact on their offense. Advantage Broncos.

Go Broncos!

Joel
01-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Well, according to most, this single change just guaranteed us a Super Bowl. 'Course, I heard that in January, too. ;) Hope we find a good replacement, but I'm not sure it matters in the short term since Manning's been his own OC pert neer his whole career. When he retires in a year or two, however, having a good OC for his successor could be critical.

As for "losing" McCoy, meh. Our QBs knew and ran our offense better than him each of his years in Denver; I doubt we lose much and can't understand why anyone thought that proved him an ideal HC, except that it showed he can adapt to disparate player talents/skills. Biggest concern: Sweeping all three of the divisions losing teams again next year might again give us a false sense of confidence headed to the playoffs.

Buff
01-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Yes however, we will not be running on every first down. W will not be throwing the wr bubble screen on every second or third down that has 6-7 yards to go. We are not going to run a trap right on a plays where we need 3 inches. I'm going out on a limb to presume our new OC will know what a rb screen is and actually call some. I think our new OC would know about pitches and toss plays, sweeps and counters to get our speed or wiggle guys in open space.

So even though McCoy will know our offense. He would say to himself ok, it's second and 7, I would call the wr bubble screen here. So defense get ready for the bubble screen......oh what...they didn't do that? I would have.

Third and 4 - ok I would run the ball trap right so defense play the run on the right......oh what...they threw a screen right passed our blitz and run stuffers oh shiat!

Let me tell you why this is so absurd:

We had one of the greatest QBs of all time playing for us who is widely regarded as the best field general/schemer of all time. We had a Top 5 offense. We won 11 straight games. Both men are notorious for meticulous preparation.

For you to suggest that there were blatant holes in the game planning, and then to take that a step further and pin that on McCoy, is just silly. It's being a malcontent for the sake of being a malcontent.

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 11:10 AM

But he will know what Manning prefers do in different situations. The problem will they the personnel to stop him.

Joel
01-15-2013, 11:10 AM
I think all the stuff about a former player or coach knowing the tendencies of his former team and therefore having an advantage is a complete load of crap.
Just for the sake of argument, try these stats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXVII

BroncoWave
01-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Just for the sake of argument, try these stats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXVII

Oops, you got me. One game is a bulletproof sample size.

CoachChaz
01-15-2013, 11:12 AM

We had one of the greatest QBs of all time playing for us who is widely regarded as the best field general/schemer of all time. We had a Top 5 offense. We won 11 straight games. Both men are notorious for meticulous preparation.

For you to suggest that there were blatant holes in the game planning, and then to take that a step further and pin that on McCoy, is just silly. It's being a malcontent for the sake of being a malcontent.

We also had a shit schedule. Not saying McCoy was useless, but we weren't exactly tested the last 10 games, so it's hard to say. Any mistakes or poor decisions in the play calling could be covered up because our opponents couldnt take advantage of them

BroncoWave
01-15-2013, 11:14 AM
But he will know what Manning prefers do in different situations. The problem will they the personnel to stop him.

Every team in the NFL knows what Manning prefers to do in certain situations. They learn that from watching tape. No one has explained how McCoy has some magical advantage in this just because he was his coach.

CoachChaz
01-15-2013, 11:15 AM

I agree. Which is why I like Wisenhunt to replace him. He's someone Manning is comfortable with and will listen to and Wis has a tendency to draw up more original and trick plays. Think about it...you are arguably the best QB to ever play the game...you have a choice to listen to some OC named McCoy, or a guy you know and trust.

underrated29
01-15-2013, 11:21 AM

While I do not deny that I might get carried away on this, I have been saying these exact same things since long before manning. Since long before we were a top 5 offense. Since long before we won 11 games in a row.

In my mike McCoy HC analysis post- I never took cause with mccoys ability to watch film and prepare. To plan and or have a good feel for which players can play and which can not. I have had major concern for starting slowly (3 years in a row). Being extremely bland and non creative (2 years in a row). Being so utterly predictable that me a freaking amateur armchair OC, gm, HC whatever the phrase is- knowing exactly what our next play is. I have had major concern with him going to the well over and over again on a play that worked once, it must work again.

I just saw on nflnetwork that they do not want McCoy to call plays and be HC like norv did last year. For this reason McCoy has just helped himself being successful by 100%. It's his play calling that I have despised over and over and over again.

Fullback32
01-15-2013, 11:23 AM
More on this from NFL.com this morning. Not much more mind you, but more.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000126773/article/mike-mccoy-san-diego-chargers-working-on-deal

rationalfan
01-15-2013, 11:26 AM
A different thought/concern, buried in a denver post story:

They will have a significant decision to make if McCoy leaves, then tries to take one or more Broncos assistants with him to his new job.

Read more: Breaking down the Denver Broncos, position by position - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22374228/breaking-down-denver-broncos-position-by-position#ixzz2I3uUCgoJ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 11:29 AM

Yeah like when you used Giants as the example of why a running game is no longer important. Pot meet kettle.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2013, 11:30 AM
TX and BTB are two posters that I always get mixed up. You two look just alike.

BroncoWave
01-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Yeah like when you used Giants as the example of why a running game is no longer important. Pot meet kettle.

Wut? I showed the last 10 Super Bowl champions and how they all had mediocre running games in that example. Do you want me to do so again?

jhildebrand
01-15-2013, 11:37 AM
This will be a blessing for this team! McCoy had a week+ to prepare for Baltimore. The Broncos showing on offense saturday was piss poor and lacked any creativity and imagination. He didn't stick with what was working i.e. screen to DT. Never did they try to get Hillman, a man on fire, involved in the offense and get him the ball in space. It was vanilla. I don't know if the coaches felt like they could keep a lot off tape for the championship game but it was a poor gameplan. It was also poor in the sense that the Broncos seemed to get away from "Bronco" football that got them there and went all conservative.

Bring on Mularkey or Wisenhunt!

Dzone
01-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Oh shit, so MCcoy might end up stealing some assistant coaches...wonder who might leave with him to San Diego?
Hell, I would take san diego over this brutal cold any day.

rationalfan
01-15-2013, 11:40 AM
This will be a blessing for this team! McCoy had a week+ to prepare for Baltimore. The Broncos showing on offense saturday was piss poor and lacked any creativity and imagination. He didn't stick with what was working i.e. screen to DT. Never did they try to get Hillman, a man on fire, involved in the offense and get him the ball in space. It was vanilla. I don't know if the coaches felt like they could keep a lot off tape for the championship game but it was a poor gameplan. It was also poor in the sense that the Broncos seemed to get away from "Bronco" football that got them there and went all conservative.

Bring on Mularkey or Wisenhunt!

you do realize the ravens defense had a lot of effect on how the offense performed, right?

jhildebrand
01-15-2013, 11:46 AM
you do realize the ravens defense had a lot of effect on how the offense performed, right?

Yes. But I also know and could see how gased and worn out they were in the mid 4th Q. It was plain to see, at home, on TV. If I could see that then certainly Fox and McCoy should have seen that. Shoot, even Solomon Willcotts saw it and commented as much. That is blood in the water and this team chose to sit on it. It gave Baltimore a chance and some motivation.

I can also tell you that, while Baltimore was making plays, our team wasn't calling a game plan like we had seen during the winning streak. In fact the closest they got to that was on DT's 4th Q score. After that they went right back to everything that wasn't working i.e. running on 3rd and 6 in the I formation. When did this team run from the I this year? How much did they do it in that game prior to 3rd and 6? What was the team's YPC going into that play? It was just at 3 YPC.

So yes I know Baltimore made plays but Fox and McCoy also made it A LOT EASIER for them to make plays.

underrated29
01-15-2013, 11:47 AM
So any updates on ken or gase or whoever as our possible new OC?

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 11:55 AM
While I do not deny that I might get carried away on this, I have been saying these exact same things since long before manning. Since long before we were a top 5 offense. Since long before we won 11 games in a row.

In my mike McCoy HC analysis post- I never took cause with mccoys ability to watch film and prepare. To plan and or have a good feel for which players can play and which can not. I have had major concern for starting slowly (3 years in a row). Being extremely bland and non creative (2 years in a row). Being so utterly predictable that me a freaking amateur armchair OC, gm, HC whatever the phrase is- knowing exactly what our next play is. I have had major concern with him going to the well over and over again on a play that worked once, it must work again.

I just saw on nflnetwork that they do not want McCoy to call plays and be HC like norv did last year. For this reason McCoy has just helped himself being successful by 100%. It's his play calling that I have despised over and over and over again.

Is this a joke?

First all, coaches will go back to same play until a defense can show they can stop it. You blamed McCoy for how the offense was handled under McDaniels. In his introductory press conference McDanils said he would be one calling the plays and until they canned. Now tell me how in the hell your going wide open attack with quarterback who is dysfuntional as passer? Fox and McCoy had to change the offense on the fly just to accommodate Tebow's strength which is running the ball and deep passes. Tebow can't defense to save his life and just like Orton he had bad of holding onto ball way to long it's no wonder our preceived to be terrible.

Talk about illogical. You think the Chargers are saying that don't want McCoy calling the plays because he's to damned incompetent? Right. What they're saying is want him to concentrate on running the whole it has nothing to do with not trusting his play calling. At the end of the day he'll have final on what gets called and what doesn't just like every other head coach in the League.

jhildebrand
01-15-2013, 11:58 AM
First all, coaches will go back to same play until a defense can show they can stop it.

That is my problem with McCoy. He didn't seem to subscribe to this philosophy-at least not Saturday.

underrated29
01-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Is this a joke?

First all, coaches will go back to same play until a defense can show they can stop it. You blamed McCoy for how the offense was handled under McDaniels. In his introductory press conference McDanils said he would be one calling the plays and until they canned. Now tell me how in the hell your going wide open attack with quarterback who is dysfuntional as passer? Fox and McCoy had to change the offense on the fly just to accommodate Tebow's strength which is running the ball and deep passes. Tebow can't defense to save his life and just like Orton he had bad of holding onto ball way to long it's no wonder our preceived to be terrible.

Talk about illogical. You think the Chargers are saying that don't want McCoy calling the plays because he's to damned incompetent? Right. What they're saying is want him to concentrate on running the whole it has nothing to do with not trusting his play calling. At the end of the day he'll have final on what gets called and what doesn't just like every other head coach in the League.

I didn't say they don't want him calling plays because he sucks so bad at it. I just said they do not want him being the HC and calling plays like norv did last year.

I'm done arguing McCoy because my wish has come to pass. He's gone and now I am on to who our new OC will be.

SR
01-15-2013, 12:03 PM
I'd like to know where you get your "facts" and stats from to back up your claims that McCoy sucks at calling plays. How do you know what plays he called and when? You don't. Baseless claims.

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 12:04 PM
I didn't say they don't want him calling plays because he sucks so bad at it. I just said they do not want him being the HC and calling plays like norv did last year.

I'm done arguing McCoy because my wish has come to pass. He's gone and now I am on to who our new OC will be.

Yes and I'm sure that if you like the playing that's completely on Manning and if it's bad or a bad series it will be the offensive co-ordinatiors fault correct?

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 12:07 PM
That is my problem with McCoy. He didn't seem to subscribe to this philosophy-at least not Saturday.

I don't think so J. There was a concerted effort to run the ball but that became much more difficult when Moreno went down.

NightTerror218
01-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Hoping Adam gase moves up and we have an OC for a few years with consistency.

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Hoping Adam gase moves up and we have an OC for a few years with consistency.

I think Tom Moore is also being considered and with his long standing relationship with Manning would probably work out well.

underrated29
01-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes and I'm sure that if you like the playing that's completely on Manning and if it's bad or a bad series it will be the offensive co-ordinatiors fault correct?

Nope, not at all. I've given him praise before, just not often is all.

aberdien
01-15-2013, 12:54 PM
If only Josh McDaniels would have found his way to KC the sabotage would've been complete.

Northman
01-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Sweet, Allen is destroying Oakland even more and now McCoy will go and help destroy SD. Love it.

Timmy!
01-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Wisenhunt>McCoy

swaiy
01-15-2013, 01:08 PM
You guys wanting Mularkey, are those Epson Salts or the other kind from Bath & Body that you are using?

Did you notvwatch his playcalling at ATL? It was awful.

Buff
01-15-2013, 01:09 PM
You guys wanting Mularkey, are those Epson Salts or the other kind from Bath & Body that you are using?

Did you notvwatch his playcalling at ATL? It was awful.

In fairness, I wanted nothing to do with Jack Del Rio because almost everyone had bad things to say about him in Jacksonville.

You never know with a new city and a new system.

BroncoWave
01-15-2013, 01:13 PM
In fairness, I wanted nothing to do with Jack Del Rio because almost everyone had bad things to say about him in Jacksonville.

You never know with a new city and a new system.

Not really, his players pretty much all had great things to say about him. A vocal minority screamed from the rooftops about his laziness, but it was hardly everyone.

nyuk nyuk
01-15-2013, 01:14 PM
ALLRIGHT!! Win/win. We upgrade, Chargers keep sucking.

Now the new OC just needs to change all the snap counts so we don't get McDaniels-ed like we did in the divisional in 2011.

chaoticmayhem
01-15-2013, 01:20 PM
ALLRIGHT!! Win/win. We upgrade, Chargers keep sucking.

Now the new OC just needs to change all the snap counts so we don't get McDaniels-ed like we did in the divisional in 2011.

This is great news. You can bet Manning will be involved in who gets hired as the next OC. So looking forward to not having McCoy hold the offense back anymore.

Joel
01-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Never said that, but it CAN and has happened. Against ANY other Super Bowl team, Coach Chucky goes down, but it's hard to lose a game when you play both sides. I don't think it's a big concern here because I think McCoy has been a minor player in our offensive game planning, play calling, player acquisition and practices the whole time he's been here, but I see why those who disagree are concerned.

MOtorboat
01-15-2013, 01:26 PM
I think it's funny that people think wide receiver screens, draws on third and long and running on first down is going to magically go away.

All three are staples of NFL playcalling...

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 01:41 PM
I think it's funny that people think wide receiver screens, draws on third and long and running on first down is going to magically go away.

I'm shocked: :shocked:

nyuk nyuk
01-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Looks like the only way the Chargers and Raiders can beat us is by stealing our coordinates.

Yet they keep taking the ones screwing us over. SALUTE!

nyuk nyuk
01-15-2013, 02:08 PM
This is great news. You can bet Manning will be involved in who gets hired as the next OC. So looking forward to not having McCoy hold the offense back anymore.

Yes, this is already out on Twitter. Nobody gets in without PFM's approval.

ONWARD, UPWARD!

Magnificent Seven
01-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Bring Tom Moore in! :D

DenBronx
01-15-2013, 02:26 PM
If we bring in a big name OC he will probablly be gone in a year or two because Manning will make him look good.

If we hire Gase, we might have some consistency for many years.

Glad McCoy went to the Chargers, we he can get exposed. Please please call those plays you called here in Denver with that team! Miller is going to eat you alive!!!!!

DenBronx
01-15-2013, 02:27 PM

They won't go away ...but they won't be so damn predictable.

nyuk nyuk
01-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Wow. So I sign up at Chargers forums to thank them for getting McCoy off our backs, and after 3 posts I get this:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Trolling

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-15-2013, 12:00 PM

tomjonesrocks
01-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Fine with me. He probably gets too much blame around here but after the playoff disaster I simply don't care about McCoy.

SR
01-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Wow. So I sign up at Chargers forums to thank them for getting McCoy off our backs, and after 3 posts I get this:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Trolling

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-15-2013, 12:00 PM

Well, you kinda were...

Slick
01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Tom Moore please. Next choice Wisenhunt.

BroncoStud
01-15-2013, 03:17 PM
McCoy being gone is a GREAT thing. Very cool.

DenBronx
01-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Chargers hire McCoy, reportedly would not have waited for him had Denver won

Douglas LeeJan 15, 2013 10:36 AM

According to Adam Schefter, Mike McCoy has notified the Broncos that he will become the next head coach of the San Diego Chargers.

Following the departure of Dennis Allen to Oakland twelve months ago, this is the second straight January in which a Broncos coordinator has left to head up an AFCW rival.

Jason La Canfora reports that former Cardinals HC Ken Whisenhunt would be the leading candidate to replace McCoy in Denver, assuming that he himself doesn't land one of the vacant head jobs.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/chargers-nearing-deal-with-mccoy-whisenhunt-may-replace-him-in-denver

Buff
01-15-2013, 03:40 PM
If McCoy goes on to have success at SD - then the Baltimore loss will truly be the most epic and disastrous loss of all time (if it's not already).

Joel
01-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Chargers hire McCoy, reportedly would not have waited for him had Denver won

Douglas LeeJan 15, 2013 10:36 AM

According to Adam Schefter, Mike McCoy has notified the Broncos that he will become the next head coach of the San Diego Chargers.

Following the departure of Dennis Allen to Oakland twelve months ago, this is the second straight January in which a Broncos coordinator has left to head up an AFCW rival.

Jason La Canfora reports that former Cardinals HC Ken Whisenhunt would be the leading candidate to replace McCoy in Denver, assuming that he himself doesn't land one of the vacant head jobs.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/chargers-nearing-deal-with-mccoy-whisenhunt-may-replace-him-in-denver
Wonder if they told him that, too; the plot sickens....

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2013, 05:22 PM
On the video on the following link, Adam Schefter said that the Chargers came to Denver to pick up McCoy, with a contract already in hand. He did not even interview with them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8845746/mike-mccoy-takes-san-diego-chargers-head-coach-job

rationalfan
01-15-2013, 05:41 PM
interesting bit from the mccoy presser in san diego:

How hard was it to coach Tebow: "I was stubborn early on I must say...once we got beat by Detroit, I said hold on, what can we do best" - from Vic Lombardi's Twitter feed.

ikillz0mbies
01-15-2013, 05:46 PM
On the video on the following link, Adam Schefter said that the Chargers came to Denver to pick up McCoy, with a contract already in hand. He did not even interview with them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8845746/mike-mccoy-takes-san-diego-chargers-head-coach-job

Interesting. They probably figure the best way to beat the Broncos is to hire their personnel. Let's see how their upcoming season turns out.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Good for McCoy. I'm happy for him. Unfortunately for him he has to play us twice a year. I happy for him for getting a shot as a HC. I'm also glad JDR hasn't gotten any interviews... ;)

HORSEPOWER 56
01-15-2013, 05:48 PM
interesting bit from the mccoy presser in san diego:

How hard was it to coach Tebow: "I was stubborn early on I must say...once we got beat by Detroit, I said hold on, what can we do best" - from Vic Lombardi's Twitter feed.

Yep, McCoy suits his coaching and system to his players not the other way around. Rivers should enjoy a good season next year. I don't know if their offense will be any more effective, but Rivers should improve.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2013, 05:50 PM
from article:

So that brings us to the natural question: Who will replace McCoy?

Denver shouldn’t have a problem finding candidates. The prospects of working with Peyton Manning make this a top job.

Among the expected candidates are former Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt (if he doesn’t get a head coaching job), former Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore, Colts quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen and Denver quarterback coach Adam Gase. Moore is the wild card here. He has reportedly said he wants to become a full-time coach again. If so, Moore, 74, becomes the favorite.

He and Manning were in Indianapolis together for 13 years. They remain close and Moore helped Manning train last year when he was returning from his neck injury that kept him out for all of last season. If Moore is not in the mix, Christensen and Manning are close. Manning also has a good relationship with Whisenhunt, although they never worked together.

full article - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/53975/where-does-john-fox-look-now

Fullback32
01-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Done and done. So Rivers was hoping for McCoy. Oh you sad little man.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000126773/article/mike-mccoy-selected-as-san-diego-chargers-coach

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000126886/article/philip-rivers-i-feel-great-about-mike-mccoy-as-coach

http://www.trbimg.com/img-507d7052/turbine/la-sp-sn-philip-rivers-20121016-001/600

T.K.O.
01-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Caldwell will be in Denver next week

Broncos Mtnman
01-15-2013, 06:48 PM
McCoy going to SD doesn't concern me that much. The new coach in the division that I think will create trouble for the division is Reid in KC.

It might not happen right away, but in two or three seasons, I predict that KC will be one of the toughest offensive teams in the AFC.

GEM
01-15-2013, 06:55 PM

Hmmmm...they must think that McCoy on his own can beat the Broncos. :laugh:

BroncoJoe
01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
It's probably time to adjust the title of this thread.

Nomad
01-15-2013, 07:12 PM
If McCoy goes on to have success at SD - then the Baltimore loss will truly be the most epic and disastrous loss of all time (if it's not already).

Wouldn't that be something....I wonder what underrated would think:lol:

vettesplus
01-15-2013, 07:19 PM
hey mike, don't let the door hit you in the azz when you leave!!!!!

dogfish
01-15-2013, 09:28 PM
good deal!

congrats on the "promotion," mr. mccoy. . .

i look forward to kicking your ass twice a year until they fire you, just like dennis allen. . .

:D :defense:

underrated29
01-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Wouldn't that be something....I wonder what underrated would think:lol:

Eh, it wouldn't really matter much. Is not like he was ever going to be a HC here and I have no problems thinking he will be a good HC there. As I have said though I do have problems with him as an OC. That's where I think he sucks balls. Weather he does really well or really poorly as a HC will really have very little bearing on my disdain for him (or anyone's opinion of him) and or a reflection of him as an OC.

underrated29
01-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Some people are meant to be coordinators....norv, mcdaniels etc, others are meant to be HC.....McCoy certainly is not meant to be an OC.

Buff
01-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Some people are meant to be coordinators....norv, mcdaniels etc, others are meant to be HC.....McCoy certainly is not meant to be an OC.

As evidenced by his multiple job offers in that role, and subsequent promotion and raise to a more prestigious role? I mean, just stop. Please. You are officially, unequivocally wrong and its indisputable.

underrated29
01-15-2013, 10:40 PM
As evidenced by his multiple job offers in that role, and subsequent promotion and raise to a more prestigious role? I mean, just stop. Please. You are officially, unequivocally wrong and its indisputable.

Just like josh mcdaniels going from scout, to qb coach to OC to multiple job offers and subsequent promotion and raise to a more prestigious role as head coach?

McCoy sucks at play calling and I am not wrong. Many people have the same stance as I do. Many others like yourself do not. If we ever find McCoy calling plays or as an OC elsewhere we can find out for sure. For now, as a head coach, we can only leave with I thnk he sucks as an OC and you don't.

bcbronc
01-16-2013, 03:01 AM
I called McCoy to either SD or KC months ago. Me sew smrat!!

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 06:24 AM
Yep, McCoy suits his coaching and system to his players not the other way around. Rivers should enjoy a good season next year. I don't know if their offense will be any more effective, but Rivers should improve.

It will depend mostly on what they do to improve their offensive line.

rationalfan
01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
McCoy sucks at play calling and I am not wrong. Many people have the same stance as I do.

love the use of a shared opinion as a way to present theory as fact. by your logic, contemporary boy bands the wanted and one direction are the greatest musicians on the planet, simply because they have large fan bases who state that.

underrated29
01-16-2013, 11:35 AM
love the use of a shared opinion as a way to present theory as fact. by your logic, contemporary boy bands the wanted and one direction are the greatest musicians on the planet, simply because they have large fan bases who state that.

Still doesn't negate the fact that he sucks at calling plays.

rationalfan
01-16-2013, 11:53 AM

keep telling yourself that. then watch the vikings play. or the jaguars. or the jets. mccoy isn't perfect, but he's not deficient.

chaoticmayhem
01-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Just like josh mcdaniels going from scout, to qb coach to OC to multiple job offers and subsequent promotion and raise to a more prestigious role as head coach?

McCoy sucks at play calling and I am not wrong. Many people have the same stance as I do.

I think he sucks at play calling also. He might have a brilliant mind when it comes to x's and o's but when it comes time to call a pass play and you get 3 runs up the middle and a cloud of dust you have to question his ability to make the correct calls. And it's no surprise the offense was the most productive this past season when it was going no-huddle and Manning was calling the plays.

McCoy had the benefit of Tebow's determination to win and Manning's brilliance. With an average QB with no heart (Orton) he failed miserably. Granted that has as much to do with McDoosh also. That being said, he made the best choice by going to a team like the chargers that simply lacks leadership. If he's not calling the plays he might have a chance to turn it around for them. If he pulls a McDummy and wants to interject his brilliant 3 runs up the middle philosophy, they are in serious trouble.

underrated29
01-16-2013, 02:25 PM
I think he sucks at play calling also. He might have a brilliant mind when it comes to x's and o's but when it comes time to call a pass play and you get 3 runs up the middle and a cloud of dust you have to question his ability to make the correct calls. And it's no surprise the offense was the most productive this past season when it was going no-huddle and Manning was calling the plays.

McCoy had the benefit of Tebow's determination to win and Manning's brilliance. With an average QB with no heart (Orton) he failed miserably. Granted that has as much to do with McDoosh also. That being said, he made the best choice by going to a team like the chargers that simply lacks leadership. If he's not calling the plays he might have a chance to turn it around for them. If he pulls a McDummy and wants to interject his brilliant 3 runs up the middle philosophy, they are in serious trouble.

Amazing post! I agree with each and every word. Well done.

underrated29
01-16-2013, 02:28 PM
keep telling yourself that. then watch the vikings play. or the jaguars. or the jets. mccoy isn't perfect, but he's not deficient.

The vikings only have Harvin and ad, the jags only have mojo and shorts, the jets- they have nobody. I expect them to suck ass.

We have studs all over the place.

dogfish
01-16-2013, 02:35 PM

yea. . . how 'bout you watch our playcalling next year when we have a talented OC like whiz or moore in place, and then get back to us. . .

:wave:

rationalfan
01-16-2013, 02:36 PM
The vikings only have Harvin and ad, the jags only have mojo and shorts, the jets- they have nobody. I expect them to suck ass.

We have studs all over the place.

excuses to support your argument.

the broncos do have studs, but you have to give credit to the coaches who nurtured the talent. mccoy is one of them. again, i'm not saying mccoy is a genius, but he's not the scrub some people assume he is.

underrated29
01-16-2013, 02:48 PM
excuses to support your argument.

the broncos do have studs, but you have to give credit to the coaches who nurtured the talent. mccoy is one of them. again, i'm not saying mccoy is a genius, but he's not the scrub some people assume he is.

Excuses? Dude, now you are being irrational. Those are facts. You can't change them. Those teams have no one else on offense to get the ball. They suck and everyone knows it. Remember the question- where would the vikes be without ap? Jags without mojo? All would be raiders and chefs levels of low.

As play caller he is a scrub. I have a whole thread I dedicated to this a year or two ago. Slow starts three years in a row, predictable play calling, no rb screens, until this year no wr screens, hell, the only time we won games was when tebow went tebow and scratched the plays called or when he had manning. With Orton and our stacked roster of offensive guys he choked. With tebow, the plays still sucked until the last 4 minutes of the game when tebow took over- do not tell me that was McCoy. And this year all the same things I have griped about have been repeated.....funny how we still finish strong in the 4th quarter ( tebow going tebow, manning going no huddle) AS A PLAYCALLER HE SUCKS ASS! That's is what I have said for three years and it is all I have said for three years.

He has had some bright moments, I'm sure he has developed some players. Knowshon could be a good example. As a head coach he might be terrific, as a qb coach or rb voach he might be all wolrd. as a film study prep guy he is best.....However as a PLAYCALLER he still sucks! End of story. There is three years of indisputable evidence to prove it.

rationalfan
01-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Excuses? Dude, now you are being irrational. Those are facts. You can't change them. Those teams have no one else on offense to get the ball. They suck and everyone knows it. Remember the question- where would the vikes be without ap? Jags without mojo? All would be raiders and chefs levels of low.

As play caller he is a scrub. I have a whole thread I dedicated to this a year or two ago. Slow starts three years in a row, predictable play calling, no rb screens, until this year no wr screens, hell, the only time we won games was when tebow went tebow and scratched the plays called or when he had manning. With Orton and our stacked roster of offensive guys he choked. With tebow, the plays still sucked until the last 4 minutes of the game when tebow took over- do not tell me that was McCoy. And this year all the same things I have griped about have been repeated.....funny how we still finish strong in the 4th quarter ( tebow going tebow, manning going no huddle) AS A PLAYCALLER HE SUCKS ASS! That's is what I have said for three years and it is all I have said for three years.

He has had some bright moments, I'm sure he has developed some players. Knowshon could be a good example. As a head coach he might be terrific, as a qb coach or rb voach he might be all wolrd. as a film study prep guy he is best.....However as a PLAYCALLER he still sucks! End of story. There is three years of indisputable evidence to prove it.

facts skewed to match your theories = excuses.

underrated29
01-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Tell me, what facts are skewed about the Vikings only having ad and Harvin? What facts are skewed with the jags only having mojo and shorts? Tell me...... How exactly would those teams fare without those two players?

Please illustrate the skewing you say I am doing. Beak this one down. Lets have you point out just how this skewing is being purpotrated?

I will wait.

silkamilkamonico
01-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Is there any chance they move him to safety?

Mike
01-16-2013, 05:17 PM

Have you watch Bronco games since 2009? U29 is dead on.

MOtorboat
01-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Have you watch Bronco games since 2009? U29 is dead on.

No he's not.

Play calling is the lamest whine. Of course you know that play didn't work AFTER it happened. That does not mean the play design was bad, it means it wasn't executed correctly or the defense made a play.

Were you complaining about bubble screens when Thomas scored against Pittsburgh? When Decker scored against San Diego?

The fact that he interviewed for somewhere around seven head coaching jobs in the last two years, and is now a head coach pretty much debunks any dumb argument to make about him "holding the offense back" or being a bad play caller.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-16-2013, 06:07 PM
In other news, NFLN is reporting that McCoy doesn't plan on bringing any Broncos assistants with him to SD. I'm cool with that. I expected him to at least try to bring Adam Gase along. I think Peyton likes Gase so I'm glad he's not leaving.

Buff
01-16-2013, 06:13 PM
In other news, NFLN is reporting that McCoy doesn't plan on bringing any Broncos assistants with him to SD. I'm cool with that. I expected him to at least try to bring Adam Gase along. I think Peyton likes Gase so I'm glad he's not leaving.

We would have denied him anyway. Dennis Allen asked to bring the LB coach with him last year and we denied him.

underrated29
01-16-2013, 06:30 PM
He is a terrible play caller.

How come no one can respond to the RB screen issue?
How come no one can respond to the predictability of our plays- where we the fans and the defense knows what is coming?
How come it took mccoy up to halftime to figure out to make the tebow OT PA pass, when I was screaming for it in the first quarter? Dont believe me? Go to the gameday thread of that game and see my posts showing me saying it over and over and over again. Before OT even took place I said our first play would be that exact run play we ran. I was right! Go look. I will wait.
How come on 1st and 1 from our 1 we run our slowest developing run play- and get a saftey- when we had tebow who could easily QB sneak?
How come for 3 years we have started off as one of the slowest teams scoring points in the first quarter and a half? Yeah, thats just me being stupid right? Or its the QBs, or knowshons fault, right?
How come for 2 years we have finished teams off in the 4th quarter!!!!!!!!! And dont even try to argue that it was not tebow going tebow and peyton going no huddle because I will lose a LOT of respect for you if you do!
How come Mccoy does the same play over and over and over again. Sure, the bubble screen to thomas worked against pitts and against balt last week. How many other times have we run that exact play on 2nd or 3rd down with exactly 6 -7 yards to go, only to see it stuffed, incomplete or loss of yards on the tackle? How many? Dont know, I havent kept track but its more times than we have ran that play for more than 6-7 yards i can tell you that.
How come we never run toss plays to the RB?
How come we never run Sweep plays to the RB?
How come we have a RB WHO IS FAST IN HILLMAN and we never get him to the edges or in space, its always up the gut?
How come so many people are blind to this?
How come you think none of this is accurate when it all clearly is!?!?!?!

I have all the games on record and I could go back and list each of these times mccoy has failed us in situations like these, but I am too lazy. However, I have seen it and know its there to back me up. So far all you and Rationalfan and the few others have is that i am skewing things or making up excuses or anything else.

Just accept the fact, that you are both failing now like mike mccoy fails as a playcaller. You can never win, because your stance is wrong. You can never argue against my points because I have all the evidence, concrete evidence to verify this. You both have nothing. You have more of the same, "no he is wrong, he is skewing things, mike called touchdown plays for us so he is god".

(for the record, mccoy has had some great calls and great plays, but they are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar outweighed by his bad calls and predictable plays)

Buff
01-16-2013, 06:31 PM
I refuse to read any of that.

Here is what you are arguing: "I am smarter than NFL executives."

underrated29
01-16-2013, 06:35 PM
I refuse to read any of that.

Here is what you are arguing: "I am smarter than NFL executives."

Incorrect sir, I would be saying that if NFL executives were hiring him as an OC. As a HC on the other hand, I am not hating on him or those who are smarter than me.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 07:04 PM

That's not a fact it's called an opinion.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Incorrect sir, I would be saying that if NFL executives were hiring him as an OC. As a HC on the other hand, I am not hating on him or those who are smarter than me.

Ah no he is correrct.

underrated29
01-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Ah no he is correrct.

my issues with him stem only from an OC, in particular his playcalling. He was not hired to be an OC and san diego said he will not be doing the play calling. So no. Not in the least.

I do not disagree with anyone in the league about his potential as a HC.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 07:26 PM
my issues with him stem only from an OC, in particular his playcalling. He was not hired to be an OC and san diego said he will not be doing the play calling. So no. Not in the least.

I do not disagree with anyone in the league about his potential as a HC.

No he is right in that you think you're smarter than NFL excutives. You do know that head coaches have final any play that's called?

ShaneFalco
01-16-2013, 07:28 PM
what is it with everyone in the AFC West taking the Bronco coaches

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 07:30 PM

How come no one can respond to the predictability of our plays- where we the fans and the defense knows what is coming?
How come it took mccoy up to halftime to figure out to make the tebow OT PA pass, when I was screaming for it in the first quarter? Dont believe me? Go to the gameday thread of that game and see my posts showing me saying it over and over and over again. Before OT even took place I said our first play would be that exact run play we ran. I was right! Go look. I will wait.
How come on 1st and 1 from our 1 we run our slowest developing run play- and get a saftey- when we had tebow who could easily QB sneak?
How come for 3 years we have started off as one of the slowest teams scoring points in the first quarter and a half? Yeah, thats just me being stupid right? Or its the QBs, or knowshons fault, right?
How come for 2 years we have finished teams off in the 4th quarter!!!!!!!!! And dont even try to argue that it was not tebow going tebow and peyton going no huddle because I will lose a LOT of respect for you if you do!
How come Mccoy does the same play over and over and over again. Sure, the bubble screen to thomas worked against pitts and against balt last week. How many other times have we run that exact play on 2nd or 3rd down with exactly 6 -7 yards to go, only to see it stuffed, incomplete or loss of yards on the tackle? How many? Dont know, I havent kept track but its more times than we have ran that play for more than 6-7 yards i can tell you that.
How come we have a RB WHO IS FAST IN HILLMAN and we never get him to the edges or in space, its always up the gut?

I have all the games on record and I could go back and list each of these times mccoy has failed us in situations like these, but I am too lazy. However, I have seen it and know its there to back me up. So far all you and Rationalfan and the few others have is that i am skewing things or making up excuses or anything else.

Just accept the fact, that you are both failing now like mike mccoy fails as a playcaller. You can never win, because your stance is wrong. You can never argue against my points because I have all the evidence, concrete evidence to verify this. You both have nothing. You have more of the same, "no he is wrong, he is skewing things, mike called touchdown plays for us so he is god".

(for the record, mccoy has had some great calls and great plays, but they are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar outweighed by his bad calls and predictable plays)

Big deal you have all the games recorded so do I. When you are actually hired on with Broncos let me know.

Nomad
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
It bores me to tears to rewatch games when I know the outcomes except for those 2 superbowls.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-16-2013, 07:36 PM
It bores me to tears to rewatch games when I know the outcomes except for those 2 superbowls.

I'm with you, dude. Unless there's a particular play I'm looking for and then fast-forwarding to, I find it hard to rewatch them if I know the outcome.

MOtorboat
01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
I'll bite, because I'm waiting for the Nuggets game to start...

Which issue are you referring to? Moreno had the second most receptions and second most yards of any running back in the last five games.

Which plays. Every team in the league runs wide receiver screens and draws, which seems to be your largest complaint.

Because you have to set it up, especially when the quarterback you have is as inconsistent as Tebow. They HAD to have the one-high formation, and the HAD to have that one-high safety walk down for that play to work. How do you know they didn't call that play earlier? Just because it worked that time doesn't mean that play wasn't called, or considered earlier. That's a dumb, dumb assumption UR.

That's the first valid complaint I've heard you make.

It's pretty easy to explain with Tebow. Not so much with Manning. It's quite possible that McCoy specialized in second half adjustments. Or that Manning needed to have time to read the defense this year. It's not automatically the fault of McCoy, just because you hate McCoy.

Because this is a good team, and that's what good teams do? How is this in any way, shape or form an indictment on McCoy? If it is, that's ridiculous.

When you have actual numbers and comparisons, let me know. Then you have a valid complaint.

Because McCoy prefers Power-O runs? Again, not an indictment on McCoy, it's just his scheme.

See above.

First of all, from what I've seen, he's not that fast. Secondly, he's gotten on the edge several times, and made a few plays.

There is nothing clear here. There's a LOT of assumptions, and nothing really concrete.

Whining about play calling is lame.

jhildebrand
01-17-2013, 01:58 AM
The play calling and overall offensive scheme on saturday were horrendous. This team was playing a 1 armed ray lewis and they didnt even challenge the middle of the field. Not even once! They had time to prepare and it was atrocious. When something worked like the drive that put them up late they got away from it. I am not sure who called the game, whatmay hAve been overridden, or when manning audibled but if anyone thinks saturdays game plan was worthy of a divisional playoff game then they werent paying attention. It wasnt the gameplan that got them there in the first place!

jhildebrand
01-17-2013, 02:01 AM
Holliday had 2 screenpasses that picked up chunks of yards earlier in the season. He was killing the ravens on saturday. Why not get him the ball in space? An oc worth their salt would have gone to it at some point when the backs were barely carving out 3 ypc.

This team will be much better with mccoy gone.