PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels meets with press 8/18

Tned
08-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Denver Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels meets with press 8/18

Coach Josh McDaniels

On the acquisition of DL Le Kevin Smith
“He’s a player that I had some familiarity with. He has obviously played all three spots in the 3-4 system in New England. He’s been a productive player in the time that he’s played but he’s also been behind some extremely talented people in New England. He’s done some good things and he continues to get better. He’s a younger player. He’s healthy. He’s the size we want and he understands how to play that position. His versatility and the fact that we can add him to the mix is a good thing for our team.”

On whether his familiarity with Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick helped with the trade
“Sure. Of course. Bill’s great to work with. We continue to have a solid relationship and we didn’t have any arguments about this thing.”

On whether he met with WR Brandon Marshall on Monday
“I’m not talking about that. Those were all private meetings and we’re trying to do what’s best for the football team.”

On whether he’s worried about Marshall being a distraction this season
“Nope. I’m not worried about that. He’s out here, he had a good practice today and we’re looking forward to continuing to do that.”

On why he has that kind of confidence in Marshall
“I’m confident about a lot of things. I know that our team’s going in the right direction, our players understand what we’re trying to do and get done and Brandon’s out here performing the way that he’s capable of performing. So, I don’t have a reason to feel otherwise.”

On whether there’s an advantage/motivational factor for players seeking an extension
“I think everybody in this, I hope everybody in the world—you do your job well, you’re going to be rewarded. He’s no different, you know what I mean. We’re all in the same boat. We’re trying to do the best we can and hopefully we’ll all be given what we’ve earned and deserve. But that applies to everybody.”

On whether Marshall will play at Seattle
“Good. It’ll depend. Last week we started four receivers. We started four of them out there. Certainly every day is a day he gathers more information about our offense and our system. We’ll make that decision as we go forward here, but there’s certainly a chance that he can be on the field.”

On whether S Brian Dawkins will play at Seattle
“Again, we’ll make the decision here as we go. It’s too far away from the game to say whether or not we’ll go ahead and put him out there or not.”

On QB Brett Favre signing with the Minnesota Vikings
“It doesn’t surprise me that he’s back. Glad we don’t play the Vikings. He’s a hell of a player, always will be. I don’t know when he’s going to lose the ability to be a very good quarterback. But it isn’t right now. It wasn’t last year. He beat us (New England) last year 34-31 and we did just about everything we could do to try to beat their team with him as the quarterback. He just finds ways to win and does things that only a few people can do. Minnesota’s going to be very fortunate to have him pulling the trigger.”