PDA

View Full Version : Sage from Vikings??? Anyone

WhatEver!!!
08-18-2009, 08:09 PM
What you think about us going after Sage??

EMB6903
08-18-2009, 08:11 PM
I'd love Sage in Denver... I think Mcdaniels could school him up to be a productive starter in this league...

Simple Jaded
08-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Kyle Orton > Sage Rosenfels.......plus, I've hated "Sage" since the day Iowa St crammed that shotgun option down CU's throat.......

EMB6903
08-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Sage is actually talented though.. just raw

Kyle Orton has to be the least talented starter in the league... I dont even think its debatable.

TXBRONC
08-18-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure about Orton nevertheless I don't think Sage Rosenfels is the answer either, most especially at this point in the season. He would be way to far behind to be of any value to us.

TXBRONC
08-18-2009, 08:45 PM

Kyle Orton has to be the least talented starter in the league... I dont even think its debatable.

I don't think Rosenfels is all that talented. The Vikings makes the fourth team that he's been with in his career if was anything more than a career back up I think someone would have discovered that by now.

Shazam!
08-18-2009, 08:45 PM
I doubt Denver will bring in another QB. Though while on opinions of QBS...

One guy I wanted when Denver was dealing Cutler and talking with Washington was Colt Brennan. He's young, played in a similar offense in College and could've been had on the cheapy cheap. Oh well...

dogfish
08-18-2009, 08:58 PM
have the vikes put him up for trade?

TXBRONC
08-18-2009, 09:01 PM
have the vikes put him up for trade?

Not as far as I know.

BroncoWave
08-18-2009, 09:06 PM
The Vikings begged and pleaded a 39 year old QB to come out of retirement because their QB's suck, but Sage Rosenfels is our answer? Plus, why would the Vikings ship him off when they just traded for him, presumably to take Jackson's spot? If anything they will be shopping Jackson, not Rosenfels.

Common sense people, common sense!

EMB6903
08-18-2009, 09:09 PM
that 39 year old Quarterback is a 1st ballot HOFer who leads NFL History in passing yards, completions, Touchdowns, and Wins...

dont act like Rosenfels is being replaced by Jeff George.

and they traded for him not realizing that Brett Favre would fall in their laps.

BroncoWave
08-18-2009, 09:22 PM
that 39 year old Quarterback is a 1st ballot HOFer who leads NFL History in passing yards, completions, Touchdowns, and Wins...

and they traded for him not realizing that Brett Favre would fall in their laps.

I'm not saying Favre isn't great, but do you really think they would have been getting down on their knees for him and sent multiple coaches and trainers down to Mississippi to get him if they felt comfortable with their QB situation? I doubt it.

TXBRONC
08-18-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm not saying Favre isn't great, but do you really think they would have been getting down on their knees for him and sent multiple coaches and trainers down to Mississippi to get him if they felt comfortable with their QB situation? I doubt it.

I agree. If the Vikings were that comfortable with their quarterback situation then really there was no need to pursue Favre.

BroncoWave
08-18-2009, 09:32 PM
I agree. If the Vikings were that comfortable with their quarterback situation then really there was no need pursue Favre.

Also add the fact that the STARS of the Vikings were pretty much begging him to come back. Once again, something you wouldn't see from a team that felt comfortable with their QB situation.

JDL
08-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Sign me up for Tyler Thigpen.

Apparently, PFT is quoting a KC guy stating he is in danger of being cut.... like wah? I doubt it happens, but a trade would not be out of the question considering the ties between Pioli and McDaniels (though wonders how logical it is to make THAT type of trade within the division.)

Anyway, Sage is a definite no for me... I am just not interested in a 31 year old project QB. (He came into the league in 2001)

MOtorboat
08-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Thigpen is terrible.

And so is Rosenfels.

:tsk:

BroncoWave
08-18-2009, 10:03 PM
I think anyone who thinks we're gonna be adding another QB right now is delusional. There's no one worth having reported to being shopped and I highly doubt any team is just going to cut a starting caliber QB at this point.

EMB6903
08-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Thigpen is terrible.

And so is Rosenfels.

based on what?

MOtorboat
08-18-2009, 10:10 PM
based on what?

Based on watching them play. Most specifically Thigpen. He is terrible, who got OK numbers on a 2-14 football team in a gimmick offense.

Rosenfels just sucks.

BroncoWave
08-18-2009, 10:13 PM
based on what?

Thigpen, based on it just being flat obvious, and Rosenfels for the reasons I've listed in this thread.

I mean think about it for a second, when you have your players begging Favre to come back, your coaches and trainers flying to Mississippi to try to get him to come back, and your HEAD COACH calling him personally 3 weeks after he announced his retirement, what does that tell you about how confident anyone in that organization is about their QB's? I mean, Childress went and personally picked Favre up from the airport for christ sake.

JDL
08-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Thigpen is terrible.

And so is Rosenfels.

Not sure I would say

2216yds 16TDs and 8INTs (over last 10 weeks of season) constitutes terrible. Plus he is able to move around some and scramble. Biggest flaw is accuracy but he only had 3 multiple INT games in 13 games played (so when he misses - he misses everyone) plus 5 games with more than 20 attempts where he threw none. At age 25, I'd say he represents a nice depth chart value worth bringing in if he is cut.

I would say it wouldn't be bad to have a 3rd guy on the active roster anyway since I expect Brandsteter to spend the year on the practice squad learning. No move right now changes Orton as starter Week 1, but it isn't bad to have options available later in the year and I think he would really round out the depth chart nicely at a position with a lot of question marks going into the season.

MOtorboat
08-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Not sure I would say

2216yds 16TDs and 8INTs (over last 10 weeks of season) constitutes terrible. Plus he is able to move around some and scramble. Biggest flaw is accuracy but he only had 3 multiple INT games in 13 games played plus 5 games with more than 20 attempts where he threw none. At age 25, I'd say he represents a nice depth chart value worth bringing in if he is cut.

I would say it wouldn't be bad to have a 3rd guy on the active roster anyway since I expect Brandsteter to spend the year on the practice squad learning. No move right now changes Orton as starter Week 1, but it isn't bad to have options available later in the year and I think he would really round out the depth chart nicely at a position with a lot of question marks going into the season.

He's terrible. He did that on a 2-14 team in a gimmick offense. He can't read a defense to save his life and he's the fourth quarterback on the depth chart on the CHIEFS!

JDL
08-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Based on watching them play. Most specifically Thigpen. He is terrible, who got OK numbers on a 2-14 football team in a gimmick offense.

Rosenfels just sucks.

It isn't easy to put up numbers like that on a bad football team. Croyle sure couldn't cut it and Thigpen added a noticeable energy to the offense. They were much more effective scoring after he became the permanent starter and really outplayed the much more heralded Croyle. No doubt he is a bit of an ugly duckling, but I think terrible is a bit strong of a word considering the results.

MOtorboat
08-18-2009, 10:24 PM
It isn't easy to put up numbers like that on a bad football team. Croyle sure couldn't cut it and Thigpen added a noticeable energy to the offense. They were much more effective scoring after he became the permanent starter and really outplayed the much more heralded Croyle. No doubt he is a bit of an ugly duckling, but I think terrible is a bit strong of a word considering the results.

Croyle can't cut it because he gets injured, not because he can't play. Croyle is far outplaying him in camp and he did against the Texans last Saturday night. Thigpen can run the pistol offense...hurray for him...he can't read defenses, he's going to be cut because he can't learn Haley's offense, so I don't know where you're getting your delusions of grandeur that he would be able to learn McDaniels', or for that matter why he is somehow better than Orton. Or Simms. Or hell, Brandstater...

Hell, from all reports, Croyle is outplaying Cassel at this point, who had another terrible practice today, too.

Overtime
08-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Sign me up for Tyler Thigpen.

Apparently, PFT is quoting a KC guy stating he is in danger of being cut.... like wah? I doubt it happens, but a trade would not be out of the question considering the ties between Pioli and McDaniels (though wonders how logical it is to make THAT type of trade within the division.)

Anyway, Sage is a definite no for me... I am just not interested in a 31 year old project QB. (He came into the league in 2001)

I'm all for giving Thigpen a shot. He didn't start the entire season, but his confidence grew with each game, and he didn't look bad for a kid who had never started before. their defense is mostly to blame for a lot of their losses, Thigpen's a competitor, and I definitely think he could make a positive impact here and be very efficient. Not to mention he can also catch TD's too, cause he lined up at WR on a trick play last year and burned someone for a TD.

Thigpen is terrible.

And so is Rosenfels.

no Thigpen is not terrible, your memory is terrible.

Not sure I would say

2216yds 16TDs and 8INTs (over last 10 weeks of season) constitutes terrible. Plus he is able to move around some and scramble. Biggest flaw is accuracy but he only had 3 multiple INT games in 13 games played (so when he misses - he misses everyone) plus 5 games with more than 20 attempts where he threw none. At age 25, I'd say he represents a nice depth chart value worth bringing in if he is cut.

great post, and only reason he's been moved back on the depth chart is because they spent $60 million on Matt Cassel.

I think Thigpen is kind of like a Chad Pennington type guy, (without the cocky I'm entitled to everything attitude Pennington has), and he can hurt you in so many ways.

MOtorboat
08-18-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm all for giving Thigpen a shot. He didn't start the entire season, but his confidence grew with each game, and he didn't look bad for a kid who had never started before. their defense is mostly to blame for a lot of their losses, Thigpen's a competitor, and I definitely think he could make a positive impact here and be very efficient. Not to mention he can also catch TD's too, cause he lined up at WR on a trick play last year and burned someone for a TD.

great post, and only reason he's been moved back on the depth chart is because they spent $60 million on Matt Cassel.

I think Thigpen is kind of like a Chad Pennington type guy, (without the cocky I'm entitled to everything attitude Pennington has), and he can hurt you in so many ways.

Wow.

Seriously.

THIGPEN CAN'T READ DEFENSES! HE'S FOURTH STRING ON THE DEPTH CHART BECAUSE HE CAN'T ******* READ A DEFENSE!

Get a freakin' grip.

Overtime
08-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Wow.

Seriously.

THIGPEN CAN'T READ DEFENSES! HE'S FOURTH STRING ON THE DEPTH CHART BECAUSE HE CAN'T ******* READ A DEFENSE!

Get a freakin' grip.

8 INT's obviously says different, because it's 7 less than Butthurtler threw last year.

He's only a 2nd year guy, with a little massaging and some quality QB coaching (after all they had that schmuck Dick Curl in KC last year as their QB coach) the guy could turn into the next Brett Favre for all we know. after all Favre couldn't read a defense his first 2 years in the league and look how that turned out!

BroncoWave
08-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Chris Carter just said on Sports Center that Childress had only installed 50% of the offense for Jackson and Rosenfels because he didn't feel they could handle any more of it. Yet some think we should trade for one of these 2 guys...

:facepalm:

JDL
08-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Croyle can't cut it because he gets injured, not because he can't play. Croyle is far outplaying him in camp and he did against the Texans last Saturday night. Thigpen can run the pistol offense...hurray for him...he can't read defenses, he's going to be cut because he can't learn Haley's offense, so I don't know where you're getting your delusions of grandeur that he would be able to learn McDaniels', or for that matter why he is somehow better than Orton. Or Simms. Or hell, Brandstater...

Well, I never said he was better than Orton or Simms, just that he would fill out the depth chart nicely.

Thigpen clearly outperformed both Croyle and veteran Damon Huard in the REGULAR SEASON... which last time I checked was more important than ... pfft... training camp/preseason (which btw we are all cautioning not to overblow Orton's dismal performances for the same reason.)

Btw, Cassel is also struggling to hang onto his position even after the big contract (though he obviously won't lose it at that price tag) ... and Cassel did play in McDaniels system, which is quite frankly... a gimmicky spread offense... lol. I am not sure the system would be too tough, his accuracy may not be adequate enough, but sitting 3rd on the depth chart would at least give us time to evaluate another option who has had success in this league.

Point is, I simply would not have an issue with bringing in another QB to round out the depth chart, though Rosenfels is too old and doesn't offer anything different than what we have.

Like I said, nobody but Orton is going to be starting the season, imo, and he should be given all the time to prove or disprove himself. I just think that we have enough evidence to suggest it might not turn out well and we may need to make a midseason QB change. Since it at least seems possible things could go that way, I do not think it would hurt to carry 3 QBs instead of 2 (because I assume that Brandsteter will be stashed on the PS regardless of what happens since he is so raw) and since Brandsteter is not really an option this year, imo, it would be nice to add somebody that brings another dimension to the offense and has something different to offer. I don't think it is bad to have some options at a position that is at this time a question mark. Seems like a reasonable proposition, no? Not like I was advocating cutting Orton or something... lol.

JDL
08-18-2009, 10:42 PM

Thanks.

It's cool. MB is entitled to not like Thigpen (like I said he isn't the prettiest of QBs lol), I have no problem with that. I think he misunderstood a bit what I was advocating though.

I like Thigpen's guts personally and if he got waived (which was suggested in the article PFT posted) then picking him up and letting him compete with Simms would be ok with me.

MOtorboat
08-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Well, I never said he was better than Orton or Simms, just that he would fill out the depth chart nicely.

Thigpen clearly outperformed both Croyle and veteran Damon Huard in the REGULAR SEASON... which last time I checked was more important than ... pfft... training camp/preseason (which btw we are all cautioning not to overblow Orton's dismal performances for the same reason.)

Btw, Cassel is also struggling to hang onto his position even after the big contract (though he obviously won't lose it at that price tag) ... and Cassel did play in McDaniels system, which is quite frankly... a gimmicky spread offense... lol. I am not sure the system would be too tough, his accuracy may not be adequate enough, but sitting 3rd on the depth chart would at least give us time to evaluate another option who has had success in this league.

Point is, I simply would not have an issue with bringing in another QB to round out the depth chart, though Rosenfels is too old and doesn't offer anything different than what we have.

Like I said, nobody but Orton is going to be starting the season, imo, and he should be given all the time to prove or disprove himself. I just think that we have enough evidence to suggest it might not turn out well and we may need to make a midseason QB change. Since it at least seems possible things could go that way, I do not think it would hurt to carry 3 QBs instead of 2 (because I assume that Brandsteter will be stashed on the PS regardless of what happens since he is so raw) and since Brandsteter is not really an option this year, imo, it would be nice to add somebody that brings another dimension to the offense and has something different to offer. I don't think it is bad to have some options at a position that is at this time a question mark. Seems like a reasonable proposition, no? Not like I was advocating cutting Orton or something... lol.

He doesn't round out anyone's depth chart, because he can't learn an offensive system and he can't read defenses.

Croyle and Huard lost their starting spots because of injury, not performance. That's the bottom line there. You apparently missed that last season, and that's OK. But don't argue that he somehow outperformed them. He was third string on the depth chart last year because, again...he can't read defenses and struggled to learn the system. He only played because of injury. Just by shear chance of him not getting his head taken off behind the Chiefs offensive line, and running a gimmicky, scaled-down offense that Chan Gailey found a way to engineer last year, he was able to put up OK numbers.

Thigpen played well in a playbook that was so scaled back that is was akin to a high school playbook, just so that the team could operate at an NFL level without being completely embarrassed...although that is debatable as they were 2-14.

For some reason, and I don't know why, you seem to think that this guy could somehow pick up McDaniel's offense and actually round out the depth chart. You are entitled to your opinion, and that's cool...but it just isn't very well informed.

Shazam!
08-18-2009, 11:16 PM
All QBs mostly mentioned here like Thigpen and Sage wouldn't be significant upgrades from Orton and Simms.

dogfish
08-19-2009, 12:34 AM

Rosenfels just sucks.

well, if those guys are terrible, then what's orton?

:noidea:

because both of those terrible QBs have higher career quarterback ratings than him-- 81.2 for rosenfels and 74.7 for thigpen, compared to 71.1 for orton. . . and before everyone breaks their ankles rushing in to scoff at QB rating, let's look at some more useful stats. . . like completion percentage-- rosenfels crushes orton, 62.5% to 55.3%, and thigpen is just behind kyle at 54.5%. . . how about yards per play? once again rosenfels kills orton, 7.4 to 5.8-- even thigpen is better than orton at 6.2. . . how about the extremely important touchdown to interception ratio? orton's 30-27 is very comparable to sage's 30-29, while thigpen is actually by far the best of the three at 18-13. . .

let's be honest. . . the only thing orton really has going for him is "his" 20-12 record as a starter-- and half of those wins were provided courtesy of the dominant '05 bears defense, when they were winning games 13-10, 13-3, etc. . . in terms of his individual performance, the guy has never done anything to justify describing him as any better than any other warm body you can put at quarterback. . .

does that mean that he can't get better, and find success in our supposedly quarterback-friendly system? no, of course not. . . then again. . . if the system is what it's reported to be, then other journeyman type stiffs could potentially excell in it also. . .

i'm not trying to say that i think either of those guys is anything special-- at ALL-- but i honestly would take rosenfels over orton at this point. . . i think he has a better arm and more consistent accuracy, and probably a little quicker release. . .

in any case, it's probably a moot point-- i don't know that minnesota is even looking to deal him, and it's too late for somebody to come in and learn our scheme from scratch well enough to challenge for a starting spot (at least initially). . .

but i definitely don't see what it is about orton's career 55% completion percentage and 1:1 TD-INT ratio that makes him good enough for us to look down at any other options for the position. . .

WhatEver!!!
08-19-2009, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=dogfish;714353]well, if those guys are terrible, then what's orton?

because both of those terrible QBs have higher career quarterback ratings than him-- 81.2 for rosenfels and 74.7 for thigpen, compared to 71.1 for orton. . . and before everyone breaks their ankles rushing in to scoff at QB rating, let's look at some more useful stats. . . like completion percentage-- rosenfels crushes orton, 62.5% to 55.3%, and thigpen is just behind kyle at 54.5%. . . how about yards per play? once again rosenfels kills orton, 7.4 to 5.8-- even thigpen is better than orton at 6.2. . . how about the extremely important touchdown to interception ratio? orton's 30-27 is very comparable to sage's 30-29, while thigpen is actually by far the best of the three at 18-13. . .

let's be honest. . . the only thing orton really has going for him is "his" 20-12 record as a starter-- and half of those wins were provided courtesy of the dominant '05 bears defense, when they were winning games 13-10, 13-3, etc. . . in terms of his individual performance, the guy has never done anything to justify describing him as any better than any other warm body you can put at quarterback. . .

does that mean that he can't get better, and find success in our supposedly quarterback-friendly system? no, of course not. . . then again. . . if the system is what it's reported to be, then other journeyman type stiffs could potentially excell in it also. . .

i'm not trying to say that i think either of those guys is anything special-- at ALL-- but i honestly would take rosenfels over orton at this point. . . i think he has a better arm and more consistent accuracy, and probably a little quicker release. . .
QUOTE]

This is my Point exactly -- AND the fact the Vikings told Sage he will have a chance to be the starter. With Favre coming out of retirement Sage has no chance. Even if Favre can't throw a 50 yard bullet any longer he is still the starter. Sage may want to get out...

Yes, Sage would need to learn the system very quickly but does Orton know the system all that great?? 3 INTs in three drives??

MOtorboat
08-19-2009, 06:36 AM
well, if those guys are terrible, then what's orton?

Look, I know enough that veterans on the Vikings were screaming for Favre to come back. I know that they had scaled down the offense so much that they were running nothing but base sets and base plays with Rosenfels. Past that, I don't know a whole lot about Rosenfels.

But...Thigpen is a whole different story. The Vikings drafted him and cut him out of camp in '07 (in favor of Jackson and who knows who else). He played no where. In 08, the Chiefs gave him a shot at winning the third string quarterback duties. He was forced into duty because of injury, and due to a gimmicky offense he put up OK numbers, but unfortunately in this case, the numbers don't mean much.

Regardless of any statistical break down you can come up with, I know that Thigpen can't read a defense, and he can't learn a scheme. He's being demoted in River Falls because of these two things. And Haley's offense is not as complicated as McDaniels.

He would not be a good fit for the Broncos. Period.

TXBRONC
08-19-2009, 06:44 AM
8 INT's obviously says different, because it's 7 less than Butthurtler threw last year.

He's only a 2nd year guy, with a little massaging and some quality QB coaching (after all they had that schmuck Dick Curl in KC last year as their QB coach) the guy could turn into the next Brett Favre for all we know. after all Favre couldn't read a defense his first 2 years in the league and look how that turned out!

Thigpen had 12 interceptions in 11 starts not 8. :coffee:

SOCALORADO.
08-19-2009, 08:49 AM
There is one guy who has actually impressed me in every game hes played both this preseason, and last years preseason.

Colt Brennan.
Guy has a really good arm, can run a pro style offense, looks exceptionally good in the pocket, and has great feet. Also can scramble really well, but most importantly, he can run MCDs offense. He spent most of his time running the "run and shoot" at Hawaii, and MCDs system, although not as pass freindly as June Jones, Colt could easily come in and look 10 times as comfortable as Orton.
Every game i have seen this guy play in for WASH, he looks good. I watched him execute against BALT, and he was playing with a second string offensive line, and the guys pocket awareness is just excellent. He was able to elude constant pressure and still get plays off. With DENs offensive line, and really good WRs, and running game, i think Colt could be a solid QB that would manage the game well and be a really solid upgrade.
Just my 2 cents

WARHORSE
08-19-2009, 09:08 AM
There is one guy who has actually impressed me in every game hes played both this preseason, and last years preseason.

Colt Brennan.
Guy has a really good arm, can run a pro style offense, looks exceptionally good in the pocket, and has great feet. Also can scramble really well, but most importantly, he can run MCDs offense. He spent most of his time running the "run and shoot" at Hawaii, and MCDs system, although not as pass freindly as June Jones, Colt could easily come in and look 10 times as comfortable as Orton.
Every game i have seen this guy play in for WASH, he looks good. I watched him execute against BALT, and he was playing with a second string offensive line, and the guys pocket awareness is just excellent. He was able to elude constant pressure and still get plays off. With DENs offensive line, and really good WRs, and running game, i think Colt could be a solid QB that would manage the game well and be a really solid upgrade.
Just my 2 cents

Problem is the Skins are getting hip to Colt.

I honestly believe Colt would be stellar in McDs offense.

He has one of the most accurate arms in the league.

Drew Brees accurate.

I watched him here in Hawaii for years, and even though he played in the run and shoot, the guys is amazingly accurate, and he gets rid of the ball.

Id be on board with a trade for Colt.

Thnikkaman
08-19-2009, 09:17 AM

Favre in Minnesota is like Montana in KC; like Jerry Rice in Denver; like Joe Namath in San Diego.

SOCALORADO.
08-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Problem is the Skins are getting hip to Colt.

I honestly believe Colt would be stellar in McDs offense.

He has one of the most accurate arms in the league.

Drew Brees accurate.

I watched him here in Hawaii for years, and even though he played in the run and shoot, the guys is amazingly accurate, and he gets rid of the ball.

Id be on board with a trade for Colt.

Well, if Marshall was invloved, i am sure Daniel Schneider would play ball.
DEN trades
WR Brandon Marshall/QB Kyle Orton for
QB Colt Brennan/2nd round draft pick/maybe even WR Santana Moss

Keep Simms as a back up, and let Colt go.
Orton would be a solid back up for WASH.

Or maybe a 3 way trade with NYJ involving Colt and draft picks somehow.

Colt would THRIVE with the offensive line in DEN and the recieving options. Add in the running game, and teams would have to respect Colts abilities much more than career back up Kyle Orton.
I honestly cant believe MCD didnt make a deal to at least bring Colt in sooner!

Thnikkaman
08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
There is an idea. Lets trade a quarterback away that is two months into learning a new system 3 weeks before the season starts so that we can wipe the slate clean and start over again.

Here's a trade I'd like to see:

I want to trade all of the ignorant irrational fans dreaming up quarterback plays that will likely make our team worse for fans that are willing to give our current offense a chance this season. I will trade our fans for fans of any other team that fits this mindset.

TXBRONC
08-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Favre in Minnesota is like Montana in KC; like Jerry Rice in Denver; like Joe Namath in San Diego.

Joe Namath never went to San Diego. He was traded to the L.A. Rams. Johnny Unitas was traded to the Chargers.

topscribe
08-19-2009, 10:09 AM

I have debated that . . .

-----

TXBRONC
08-19-2009, 10:21 AM
I have debated that . . .

-----

And you lose that debate everytime. :fear: :D

Thnikkaman
08-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Joe Namath never went to San Diego. He was traded to the L.A. Rams. Johnny Unitas was traded to the Chargers.

You get my point.

topscribe
08-19-2009, 10:52 AM
And you lose that debate everytime. :fear: :D

Right. None of you who have bashed Orton have studied him objectively--at
least you have not answered me as to whether you have. You seem to dismiss
that I have poured over alllllllll the clips, studied several games, and read
everything I could get my hands on about him. Nope, some people here would
rather just form an opinion of a player without knowing jack shit about him.

Nope, three interceptions in the first preseason game, and he's done. Out the
door. Under the bus. Forget his performance last year with a subpar team and
playing on an injury the second half of last year. Forget that he threw only 12
interceptions all last year and ended up with a lower INT:ATT ratio than even
Cutler did.

I have not lost any debates regarding Orton. In fact, I am the one who has
documented my arguments. Others have amounted to "Duh, he sucks." All
this has obviously gotten me into a foul mood over the issue, so I'm not going
to say anything more about it on this board. You all are going to believe what
you want to believe, I guess. :frusty:

-----

TXBRONC
08-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Right. None of you who have bashed Orton have studied him objectively--at
least you have not answered me as to whether you have. You seem to dismiss
that I have poured over alllllllll the clips, studied several games, and read
everything I could get my hands on about him. Nope, some people here would
rather just form an opinion of a player without knowing jack shit about him.

Nope, three interceptions in the first preseason game, and he's done. Out the
door. Under the bus. Forget his performance last year with a subpar team and
playing on an injury the second half of last year. Forget that he threw only 12
interceptions all last year and ended up with a lower INT:ATT ratio than even
Cutler did.

I have not lost any debates regarding Orton. In fact, I am the one who has
documented my arguments. Others have amounted to "Duh, he sucks." All
this has obviously gotten me into a foul mood over the issue, so I'm not going
to say anything more about it on this board. You all are going to believe what
you want to believe, I guess. :frusty:

-----

I was just joking that's why I put the big grin in the post.

topscribe
08-19-2009, 10:58 AM
I was just joking that's why I put the big grin in the post.

I know, TX. I wasn't aiming that right at you; that's why I said, "None of you
who are bashing." Sorry I unloaded in your quote, but I felt the need to vent,
obviously. But this issue certainly isn't making me any friends, so, as I said, I'm
ending my side of it right here. :coffee:

-----