Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Will be carried on line at:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/livevideo

also, on radio

http://www.1043thefan.com/home.aspx

Krugan
01-14-2013, 02:11 PM
anyone willing to post a little about what is being said, stuck at work and to much going on to listen without ticking off the other workers.

vandammage13
01-14-2013, 02:29 PM
I hear John Fox will not be making the press conference today, as he is already vacationing in the Bahamas.

dunk7
01-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Awesome 'shop bro!

slim
01-14-2013, 03:15 PM
That's photoshopped?

How can you tell?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2013, 03:33 PM
anyone willing to post a little about what is being said, stuck at work and to much going on to listen without ticking off the other workers.

Speaking to reporters Monday during the annual end-of-the-season news conference, Broncos coach John Fox and vice president John Elway said under the circumstances they would again have quarterback Peyton Manning take a knee to run out the clock on the Denver 20-yard-line with 31 seconds remaining in regulation Saturday.

Baltimore, a 9-point underdog, ultimately won the AFC division-round playoff game 38-35 in double overtime at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

A play earlier, the Ravens have evened the score at 35-35 when quarterback Joe Flacco hit wide receiver Jacoby Jones for a stunning 70-yard touchdown pass. Fox and Elway said Broncos players were "in shock," and it was best for the team to run out the clock and regroup for overtime.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22371194/john-elway-defends-broncos-coach-john-foxs-decision

Krugan
01-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks Carol for the link.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2013, 08:35 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Following Saturday’s heartbreaking, double-overtime loss to Baltimore, it was easy for fans to second guess some of the decisions late in the contest.

After Baltimore scored on a 70-yard heave that tied the game late in regulation, Denver’s offense came back on the field with 31 seconds left on the clock and the ball on its 20-yard line.

Quarterback Peyton Manning took a knee to send the game into overtime.

“When you’re a coach, you’re around the players for 20 games prior to that including preseason, you get a little bit of a better feel of where they’re at – the look in the eye, their feeling,” Head Coach John Fox said. “It was pretty devastating. It just didn’t seem the right time. It didn’t look like the right look, understandably, to go for the jugular right about then.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Fox-Explains-Coaching-Calls-in-Divisional-Loss/65099a02-0fc3-473f-b06b-8fe55c2a29cd

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2013, 08:38 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – On Monday, Head Coach John Fox and Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway officially concluded the 2012 season with a press conference with Denver media.

Much of the conversation pertained to the way the Broncos’ promising 13-3 season ended Saturday against Baltimore. The team was upset in double overtime by the Ravens, bringing the year to a quick and unexpected conclusion. The loss was a memorable back-and-forth affair that needed more than 15 minutes after regulation to be decided. Ending the season in such dramatic fashion was an undeniably painful experience for the Broncos. But Fox hopes and expects that pain to have positive long-term consequences.

“People are just different,” Fox said. “They are all competitors. There are a lot of good guys in our locker room. As I told our team, I feel for them. They put a lot into this. They do feel that sting and that pain. I think they’ll be better for it."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/2013-Broncos-to-Use-Loss-as-%E2%80%98Battle-Cry%E2%80%99/3e4ed9c3-be6b-4fb8-828e-ed0a0760b6a7

scott.475
01-14-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm getting more than a little pissed at the "percentages" argument now, esp From Fox now. I don't care what the percentages from e season, or past seasons, say. On THAT night, relying on percentages did not work for us all night long. I think they were 100% on long passes toward Champ that night. I really don't recall any long passes going his way that were not completed. I'm not knocking Champ, but he had a terrible night. Even if it was down to 70% long pass completions on his side, the thought process would have to be "They have completed 70% of their long passes over Champ tonight. I am sure they won't do that again!"

There was almost NOTHING about our play that day that would fall into what would be an otherwise normal statistical evaluation.

I am a little freaked out that Fox, even after losing, would still do the same thing. Whatever makes him sleep better I guess, but makes it clearer to me that he is not going to be a "the game ends when the clock reds 00:00" kind of coach, and that a 7 point lead is considered comfortable to him.

SR
01-14-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm getting more than a little pissed at the "percentages" argument now, esp From Fox now. I don't care what the percentages from e season, or past seasons, say. On THAT night, relying on percentages did not work for us all night long. I think they were 100% on long passes toward Champ that night. I really don't recall any long passes going his way that were not completed. I'm not knocking Champ, but he had a terrible night. Even if it was down to 70% long pass completions on his side, the thought process would have to be "They have completed 70% of their long passes over Champ tonight. I am sure they won't do that again!"

There was almost NOTHING about our play that day that would fall into what would be an otherwise normal statistical evaluation.

I am a little freaked out that Fox, even after losing, would still do the same thing. Whatever makes him sleep better I guess, but makes it clearer to me that he is not going to be a "the game ends when the clock reds 00:00" kind of coach, and that a 7 point lead is considered comfortable to him.

I don't like that attitude at all. As much as I hate New England, I love the fact that they play to win and win by a lot...they don't take their foot off the gas pedal until the clock says the game is over, not the scoreboard.

scott.475
01-14-2013, 10:57 PM
This kind of, just kind of, concerns me too. I may be reading more into it than is there, but it kind of reads like we had mentally checked out.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/fox-stands-decision-elway-supports-his-coach

"But, Fox said, Denver's situation was nowhere near what the Falcons faced. The Falcons were losing and had no other choice. They were playing in a dome. The Broncos had just given up a game-tying 70-yard touchdown pass and were standing on the sideline in disbelief. The temperature was below 10 degrees. Manning had thrown the ball downfield a grand total of twice the entire game.

"You watch a (70)-yard bomb go over your head, there's a certain amount of shock value," Fox said. "A little bit like a prize fighter who gets a right cross on the chin at the end of a round, you're looking to get out of the round."