PDA

View Full Version : QB situation

Utefan15
08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
As we all know, the broncos are in need of a good QB, and me being a utah fan, and also knowing that our MVP QB went undrafted, nobody even looked at him. Brian Johnson Would be an amazing addition to the broncos. I think it would be a great idea to contact him and ask him to try out. He would do amazing on the broncos. What does everybody else think?

Dortoh
08-18-2009, 04:15 PM
welcome and no

Utefan15
08-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Why would that not be a good decision to at least look at him?

yardog
08-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Welcome. Give it a couple weeks you never know. :tsk:

topscribe
Another good reason for the 50 post rule. A newbie has no idea of the number of
quarterback threads already posted.

Nonetheless, not necessarily your fault, Utefan. Welcome to the board. :welcome:

-----

Dortoh

I would hope that the scouting department already has and didnt feel he would fit our system. I mean if they liked him they could have called him at any point.

Then again if Orton does not improve I guess anything is possible.

Utefan15
08-18-2009, 04:21 PM
this has nothing to do about how many threads about QBs. this has to do about why the broncos are not doing well at that position. I think is a damn good idea.

BigDaddyBronco
08-18-2009, 04:21 PM
As we all know, the broncos are in need of a good QB, and me being a utah fan, and also knowing that our MVP QB went undrafted, nobody even looked at him. Brian Johnson Would be an amazing addition to the broncos. I think it would be a great idea to contact him and ask him to try out. He would do amazing on the broncos. What does everybody else think?
Welcome.

So if nobody even looked at him, why do you think he is an NFL caliber player?

Pro scouts know more about football talent than anybody one this board or any other board, why would they have missed on him?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2009, 04:25 PM
:welcome: to Broncos Forums.

My feeling is, since he was not drafted, and was also not signed as an undrafted free agent, that speaks volumes as to what all of the pro scouts for all of the NFL teams thought about his chances as far as making it in the NFL.

Grover
08-18-2009, 04:26 PM

Because it's Josh McDaniels' team. Your opinion (and others) might be that our QB position is weak and we need to seek out alternatives. But Josh McDaniels' is the vote that counts.

It seems he's happy with his QB choice in Orton. They knew who they were getting when they did the trade for Cutler, it wasn't "the unknown Quarterback behind Door #3".

And although your guy might be a good developmental Quarterback, the Broncos already have one in Tom Brandstater -- chosen in the 6th round (I think) by our draft team. I don't see us cutting Tom so your guy would need to sit on the practice squad if we brought him in, and take a spot away from other positions that are in greater need. So I just don't see your scenario happening at all.

Welcome and thanks for posting.

Zweems56
08-18-2009, 04:27 PM
this has nothing to do about how many threads about QBs. this has to do about why the broncos are not doing well at that position. I think is a damn good idea.

What he's saying is, that instead of creating another thread about our quarterback situation, perhaps you should have posted this idea in a pre-existing thread about our quarterback situation.

Buff
08-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Why would we want anyone from the Mountain Worst Conference? ;)

Seriously though, I doubt any rookie would give us a better chance to win than Orton or Simms, especially now that they will have missed 3 weeks of camp. If we pick someone up, it needs to be a veteran. Next year's class is when we revisit the rookies.

Dortoh
08-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Wait your not his mother are you?

BigDaddyBronco
08-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Why would we want anyone from the Mountain Worst Conference? ;)

Seriously though, I doubt any rookie would give us a better chance to win than Orton or Simms, especially now that they will have missed 3 weeks of camp. If we pick someone up, it needs to be a veteran. Next year's class is when we revisit the rookies.

:beer: is to Colorado St. beating Colorado this year.

Buff
08-18-2009, 04:44 PM

Yeah, and Rice will beat UT this year. :rolleyes:

Dortoh
08-18-2009, 04:54 PM

Who is Colorado St do they have a team?

topscribe
08-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Who is Colorado St do they have a team?

:flipoff:

-----

Utefan15
08-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Wait your not his mother are you? DUMB ****

screw you

Dortoh
08-18-2009, 05:10 PM
screw you

Settle down Nancy I didnt mean to upset you. It was just a joke. :rolleyes:

BroncoJoe
08-18-2009, 05:13 PM
screw you

I appreciate your enthusiasm about the QB that led your team, but seriously. If 32 teams passed on this kid during the seven rounds of the draft, and then again with UDFA signing period, why on earth would someone all of the sudden change their mind on him?

Oh, and welcome to the board.

CrazyHorse
08-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Tavaris Jackson anyone?

Tned
08-18-2009, 06:03 PM
:welcome: to Broncos Forums.

My feeling is, since he was not drafted, and was also not signed as an undrafted free agent, that speaks volumes as to what all of the pro scouts for all of the NFL teams thought about his chances as far as making it in the NFL.

As was recently discussed, quite often scouts and front office folks get it wrong. You never know.

claymore
08-18-2009, 06:08 PM
This is the greatest thread ever.

TXBRONC
08-18-2009, 06:10 PM

You think he would and that is your right but that doesn't mean he would be worth the effort. I seem to remember a former Ute being the overall number one pick in the draft and to date he's been a bust.

No thanks he went undrafted for a reason.

TXBRONC
08-18-2009, 06:13 PM
This is the greatest thread ever.

Clay it sounds like you want to be this guy's BFF. :D

topscribe
08-18-2009, 06:15 PM
You think he would and but that doesn't mean he would be. I seem to remember a former Ute being the overall number one pick in the draft and to date he's been a bust.

No thanks he went undrafted for a reason.

So did Rod Smith.

Regarding a former Ute being a bust: Would Ryan Leaf be a reason for being
doubtful of another QB coming later out of Washington State? I don't get the
connection, my friend.

-----

TXBRONC
08-18-2009, 06:21 PM
So did Rod Smith.

Regarding a former Ute being a bust: Would Ryan Leaf be a reason for being
doubtful of another QB coming later out of Washington State? I don't get the
connection, my friend.

-----

Well 32 teams even past on him as UDCF my friend.

topscribe
08-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Well 32 teams even past on him as UDCF my friend.

I know. And they're more than likely right.

I just didn't get the part about the other Ute . . . :whoknows:

-----

Overtime
08-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Welcome.

So if nobody even looked at him, why do you think he is an NFL caliber player?

Pro scouts know more about football talent than anybody one this board or any other board, why would they have missed on him?

oh you mean the same "PRO SCOUTS" who said Tom Brady would never be more than a 3 string QB??? :coffee:

but wait nevermind, the Scouts know everything, I'll just have my gf put our encyclopedia's up for sale, and I'll just refer all my future questions about everything and anything to the NFL Scouts.

:rolleyes:

MOtorboat
08-18-2009, 10:32 PM
oh you mean the same "PRO SCOUTS" who said Tom Brady would never be more than a 3 string QB??? :coffee:

but wait nevermind, the Scouts know everything, I'll just have my gf put our encyclopedia's up for sale, and I'll just refer all my future questions about everything and anything to the NFL Scouts.

:rolleyes:

There's a pretty big difference between not getting drafted...and not getting picked up to go to camp.

Roll your eyes and belittle people all you want, whoever this cat is, he is not better than any quarterback on our roster right now.

Have people completely lost their mind?

Overtime
08-18-2009, 10:36 PM
There's a pretty big difference between not getting drafted...and not getting picked up to go to camp.

Roll your eyes and belittle people all you want, whoever this cat is, he is not better than any quarterback on our roster right now.

Have people completely lost their mind?

no i just noticed people like you who are so close minded, that have lost the ability to think outside the box, which is why our team is so limited, because we don't have people willing to look for talent in the last places most people would look.

instead we subject ourselves to the traditional means of obtaining talent and we're just screwing ourselves and our team, instead of thinking and looking outside the box.

LRtagger
08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
I am an App State Alum and I think Armanti Edwards would be a great pickup in next years draft.

MOtorboat
08-18-2009, 11:05 PM
no i just noticed people like you who are so close minded, that have lost the ability to think outside the box, which is why our team is so limited, because we don't have people willing to look for talent in the last places most people would look.

instead we subject ourselves to the traditional means of obtaining talent and we're just screwing ourselves and our team, instead of thinking and looking outside the box.

Um...OK.

Well, then think outside of the box and send some film to McDaniels. I'm sure he'll pick him right up.

CoachChaz
08-19-2009, 06:11 AM
this has nothing to do about how many threads about qbs. This has to do about why the broncos are not doing well at that position. i think is a damn good idea.

one

pre-season

game

TXBRONC
08-19-2009, 06:19 AM

You have no room to talk considering your statements about Moreno.

Dortoh
08-19-2009, 09:11 AM

I think your onto something and I'd like to turn everyones attention to this kid at Western State College here in Gunny. Talk about a qb that nobody else is looking at :laugh:

Cameron Merrill

RUSHING G Att Yds TD Lg Avg/C Avg/G
2007................ 11 52 -49 0 12 -0.9 -4.5
2008................ 10 34 -76 0 8 -2.2 -7.6
TOTAL............... 21 86 -125 0 12 -1.5 -6.0

PASSING G Att- Cmp- Int Yds TD Lg Pct Avg/P Avg/G Effic
2007................ 11 311- 179- 7 2085 10 83 57.6 6.7 189.5 120.0
2008................ 10 302- 173- 8 2025 13 69 57.3 6.7 202.5 122.5
TOTAL............... 21 613- 352- 15 4110 23 83 57.4 6.7 195.7 121.2

He may have only won 2 games last year but hey Jay didnt win alot in college either.

Chadron, Neb. Chadron State 39, Western State 7
Gunnison, CO Adams State 16, Western State 10
Gunnison, CO CSU-Pueblo 20, Western State 17
Grand Junction, CO Mesa State College 29, Western State 19
Gunnison, CO Colorado Mines 41, Western State 13
Durango, CO Fort Lewis College 20, Western State 17
Gunnison, CO Western State 53, Western New Mexico 24
Las Vegas, NM Western State 34, Highlands 31
Gunnison, CO Nebraska-Kearney 44, Western State 15
Emporia, Kan. Emporia State 42, Western State 0

dogfish
08-19-2009, 10:30 AM

what are you talking about??

:confused:

we currently have eleven rookie UDFAs on our roster-- and four more that were UDFAs last year. . . . clearly, our FO is looking for talent wherever they can find it. . .

what do you want them to do, bring in every scrub from every college team that didn't get drafted? we only get 80 roster spots. . . .

maybe we should have a reality show to auction off a spot, like dallas did-- now that's thinking outside the box!

LRtagger
08-19-2009, 10:40 AM
what are you talking about??

:confused:

we currently have eleven rookie UDFAs on our roster-- and four more that were UDFAs last year. . . . clearly, our FO is looking for talent wherever they can find it. . .

what do you want them to do, bring in every scrub from every college team that didn't get drafted? we only get 80 roster spots. . . .

maybe we should have a reality show to auction off a spot, like dallas did-- now that's thinking outside the box!

Yea but they are getting Fitz Jr from that show...that guy is going to be a stud

:D