PDA

View Full Version : WHo do you rank higher???

underrated29
08-18-2009, 04:12 PM
I have been going over mock after mock and for now it seems like i am going to have a shot at one of three players. Problem is i cant decide which one is best.
Help me please rate the following three.

Marion Barber-
Pro- goaline back, workhorse, catches major focal point of offense.good OL
con- will share time with felix, tough schedule, loss of TO more 8 man fronts

Clinton Portis
Pro-stud, was stellar first half last year, complete back
con-bad OL, injury history,zorn?

Ryan Grant
Pro-only back there, great potnent offense. Should bounce back,good schedule
con-not proven, not in same category as above, bit of an unknown

I just cant figure who i should go with. I know MBIII or Portis are studs, but i have a feeling about grant and he has an easier schedule plus he will not split carries and will get atleast 300 touches. The other might not.

For now i am leaning towards-
1-portis
2-barber
3-grant

Can anyone else give a nuge in the right direction please.

underrated29
08-18-2009, 05:22 PM
SERIOUSLY?

8 Views and i cant even get a simple

portis/grant/barber.....

Hardwired
08-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Barber/Portis/Grant

Barber will get touchdowns on the goal line. Portis is getting old for a running back and he seems to get injured more and more each year. Grant may actually be a better option than Portis this year but I'm conservative.

Northman
08-18-2009, 08:39 PM
I like Barber the best as well.

EMB6903
08-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Ill take Portis.. hes going to get majority of the snaps this year and is clearly the most talented....I see Felix Jones taking a much bigger role in Dallas this year.

and for what its worth... Portis has started every game the last 2 years and has accounted for around 2700 yards rushing.. dude just racked up 1500 yards this past year... did anybody forget about this?

Has Barber even rushed for 1000 yards in a season? sure he gets the receptions... so does Portis.

broncobryce
08-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Without a doubt, Clinton Portis

underrated29
08-18-2009, 09:44 PM
30 views 4 responses. Thanks for the replies guys.

What sucks is everyone is split.

2 barber, 2 portis

and there are great reasons for both. I am guessing one of them wont be there when i pick, but out of all the mocks i did it was an even split between all three being available at one time or another.

Although no one is rating grant above the other guys. Still i have this feeling about him.

Keep em coming please.

Skinny
08-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Portis
Grant
Barber

SoCalImport
08-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Portis is head and shoulders better than the other two.. honestly.. what else does Washington have on offense? Cooly and Moss are talented, but who's the QB.

God it hurts to type something like that..... Hopefully Moreno becomes our new Portis.

SoCalImport
08-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I've got one.

If you had made up your mind to draft a Broncos Back in a later round (4-7) Who do you go with.. Hillis, or Moreno?

Hardwired
08-21-2009, 09:19 PM
I saw Washington is planning to give the ball to Betts more this season, so that cuts into Portis' carries, but it also might keep him fresher.

And if I had to pick one, probably Moreno. He'll touch it more, but I don't think any Broncos back will be a big fantasy back.

underrated29
08-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I've got one.

If you had made up your mind to draft a Broncos Back in a later round (4-7) Who do you go with.. Hillis, or Moreno?

Depends on scoring.

I would def take Moreno first. I really expect HUGE things from him. I know we havent seen what the play calling is like. But everything that kevin faulk does for NE (500+ yards 7 or so TDs) Moreno will do. Plus he will be so much more. He will be our primary runner.

Also- i would be guessing Hillis will go undrafted in most leagues. I bet you can nab him with a real late rd pick or get him as a flex. HIllis will get his Tds and carries, but Knowhon has the potential to get so much more,imo.

dogfish
08-21-2009, 11:36 PM
not enough opinions, huh?

i'll give you the opinions of thousands of FF players. . . ;)

marion barber - average draft position 15
clinton portis - average draft position 17
ryan grant - average draft position 34

underrated29
08-23-2009, 02:12 PM
not enough opinions, huh?

i'll give you the opinions of thousands of FF players. . . ;)

marion barber - average draft position 15
clinton portis - average draft position 17
ryan grant - average draft position 34

I could have had all three. Instead i went with westbrook...

But you have already seen my team so you know that.