PDA

View Full Version : Manning waited for Lewis after game

MOtorboat
01-13-2013, 09:35 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ray-lewis--peyton-manning-share-special-moment-after-broncos-ravens-playoff-classic-062005410.html

Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning share special moment after Broncos-Ravens playoff classic

DENVER – Inside the empty locker room Peyton Manning hugged Ray Lewis.

This was long after the great double-overtime playoff game had finished Saturday evening, after Lewis had left the field and the near-zero temperatures, victorious. This was also after Lewis had wept at his locker, eye black rolling down his face. And this was even after he showered, dressed slowly in a suit, did a news conference and a television interview that went longer than promised.

Manning undoubtedly wanted to go home, yet the Denver Broncos quarterback waited somberly inside a deserted Baltimore Ravens locker room. Beside him was his wife Ashley and their nearly 2-year-old son Mosley. Saturday's defeat had to be one of the most agonizing of Manning's career – a 38-35 loss in a game he was 38 seconds from winning – and still the Mannings stood in front of the empty locker of Ravens nose tackle Terrence Cody for a long, long time Saturday evening.
They did this because it was Ray Lewis.

Because in his last days of football, the Ravens linebacker won't walk silently into the night.

"I'm so happy for you," Ashley Manning said as Lewis finally walked into the room.

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Manning is ALL class. I'm glad he's on our team.

WTE
01-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Shows that Peyton is not a sore loser. Tom Brady can be a sore loser and that's one thing I don't like about him. Brady would never do what Peyton did.

(Chazoe, now would be a great time to come out of your Board retirement and say something about diks. It might make you feel a little better)

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Shows that Peyton is not a sore loser. Tom Brady can be a sore loser and that's one thing I don't like about him. Brady would never do what Peyton did.

(Chazoe, now would be a great time to come out of your Board retirement and say something about diks. It might make you feel a little better)

You really are the worst troll ever. You're actually trying to help! :D

SR
01-13-2013, 10:14 AM
You really are the worst troll ever. You're actually trying to help! :D

I had to read his post a couple times because of the wording. WTE, your game is slipping man.

WTE
01-13-2013, 10:16 AM
I had to read his post a couple times because of the wording. WTE, your game is slipping man.

My New Years Resolution is to be the Best Troll Ever!

pnbronco
01-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Manning is ALL class. I'm glad he's on our team.

I so agree on this. The man is such a example on how to do your job the best you can in all areas.

I watched his presser this am and he was all class there too. Threw no one under the bus. Said over and over that he and the rest of the team were disappointed but no pouting. Watching him makes me so proud to be a Bronco fan. I can only believe that he will take this and use it to motivate the team to take it to the next level next season. I kind of chuckled when he talked about going over the film.

The one thing I will miss with the off season is listening to him talk. So it's up to all of you to come up with nuggets of wisdom....oh man I'm in trouble....:D.

Northman
01-13-2013, 10:37 AM

I dont know. I know Tom can be a bit of a prima donna but in a case like this im not sure he would be that much different. Gisele wouldnt be there but im pretty sure Tom would see Ray out, they have history together. lol

MOtorboat
01-13-2013, 10:40 AM
I dont know. I know Tom can be a bit of a prima donna but in a case like this im not sure he would be that much different. Gisele wouldnt be there but im pretty sure Tom would see Ray out, they have history together. lol

They even did a commercial together.

Nah, I think Brady would have done the same thing here. Maybe he will next week.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 11:19 AM
I would still keep a piece concealed. You know, just in case.

DenBronx
01-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Mannings got to be one of the classiest athletes ever. Regardless of how I feel about Ray Lewis, Manning was all class for doing that.

Im looking forward to seeing Manning spin the ball for us in 2013.

scott.475
01-13-2013, 06:07 PM
It does take a lot of class to wish a double murderer fair travels in his retirement, a LOT.

SR
01-13-2013, 06:12 PM
It does take a lot of class to wish a double murderer fair travels in his retirement, a LOT.

I hate people like ^

scott.475
01-13-2013, 06:29 PM
I hate people like ^

Was he not involved in a double murder, the subsequent destruction of evidence, and the attempt to cover it up by telling the others involved to "not say anything?" All this talk about his career, and none of it talks about this aspect of it.

MOtorboat
01-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Was he not involved in a double murder, the subsequent destruction of evidence, and the attempt to cover it up by telling the others involved to "not say anything?" All this talk about his career, and none of it talks about this aspect of it.

Classy.

He was found innocent of any wrongdoing by a court of law. There are other places to talk about conspiracies.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Classy.

He was found innocent of any wrongdoing by a court of law. There are other places to talk about conspiracies.

To nitpick; He was acquitted. That's not the same as being found innocent.

SR
01-13-2013, 06:34 PM

Because to 99% of the football world, that shit doesn't define him or his amazing career.

SR
01-13-2013, 06:35 PM

His record is clean no?

MOtorboat

Fair enough. I used the wrong word.

Either way, a thread about Manning being classy and waiting for him after the game to share a few moments is not the place to espouse conspiracy theories.

wayninja
Because to 99% of the football world, that shit doesn't define him or his amazing career.

The other 1% knew the victims.

Sorry, I couldn't resist, I'll stop now.

SR
01-13-2013, 06:39 PM
The other 1% knew the victims.

Sorry, I couldn't resist, I'll stop now.

Uncalled for

scott.475
01-13-2013, 06:45 PM
His record is clean no?

No, his record is not clean.

In a plea agreement, the charges against him were dropped from murder to obstruction in exchange for his testimony against two other suspects. THEY were acquitted, not him. He served a year's probation and was fined $250k by the NFL for his involvement.

I agree he has had an amazing career, and I think he seems to be a much different person now. I do hate that this aspect of it is never mentioned.

SR
01-13-2013, 06:50 PM
No, his record is not clean.

In a plea agreement, the charges against him were dropped from murder to obstruction in exchange for his testimony against two other suspects. THEY were acquitted, not him. He served a year's probation and was fined $250k by the NFL for his involvement.

I agree he has had an amazing career, and I think he seems to be a much different person now. I do hate that this aspect of it is never mentioned.

He wasn't charged with murder is what I was getting at. I chose my words poorly.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 06:51 PM
He wasn't charged with murder is what I was getting at. I chose my words poorly.

Haha, you are doing again. He was charged with murder...

He simply pled down to a lesser charge to give up the guys who were with him.

BroncoNut
01-13-2013, 06:52 PM

WTE is good people. Not

SR
01-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Haha, you are doing again. He was charged with murder...

He simply pled down to a lesser charge to give up the guys who were with him.

Lol. Originally he was charged.
I meant to say convicted. Damnit.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Class act by Peyton, good for him.

Davii
01-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Peyton Manning is nothing but class. I hope he can play at least two more years, both obviously being Super Bowls championships.

SR
01-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Peyton Manning is nothing but class. I hope he can play at least two more years, both obviously being Super Bowls championships.

As long as he doesn't get injured seriously and is still playing at a relatively high level I see him finishing his contract

Hawgdriver
01-13-2013, 08:39 PM
As long as he doesn't get injured seriously and is still playing at a relatively high level I see him finishing his contract

I'm not worried about serious injury as much as degeneration of strength related to nerve condition. But, I'm not really worried about that, either.

His game can last a few more years. He doesn't take many sacks. He throws short to intermediate. It's timing, rhythm, and accuracy.

Honestly, I'd like to see Gase take over from McCoy, and let Manning have a year to truly be a player OC running a 20 second offense.

SR
01-13-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm not worried about serious injury as much as degeneration of strength related to nerve condition. But, I'm not really worried about that, either.

His game can last a few more years. He doesn't take many sacks. He throws short to intermediate. It's timing, rhythm, and accuracy.

Honestly, I'd like to see Gase take over from McCoy, and let Manning have a year to truly be a player OC running a 20 second offense.

I agree. And if it is indeed McCoy holding the offense back, if one can really say it was held back, I am overly anxious to see what it's like with the handcuffs off.

I think Manning is still rehabbing and was all season, I am also really excited to see where he is at once he's totally healed.

Army Bronco
01-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Amazing class Peyton..now stop throwing damn ints!!!! Lol

DenBronx
01-13-2013, 09:48 PM

I am hoping for 4 more years. Is that being too greedy?? lol

SR
01-13-2013, 09:48 PM
I am hoping for 4 more years. Is that being too greedy?? lol

No.

Gamechanger
01-13-2013, 10:02 PM
as expected of a man who respects the game, Manning never ceases to amaze me.

godspeed Peyton, hope there's a ring in your future.

pnbronco
01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
I agree. And if it is indeed McCoy holding the offense back, if one can really say it was held back, I am overly anxious to see what it's like with the handcuffs off.

I think Manning is still rehabbing and was all season, I am also really excited to see where he is at once he's totally healed.

They said on the radio today that Peyton said at every single press conference at Dove that he was working on his rehab all year. He even talked about wearing the glove because of his nerve damage very matter a fact a few weeks ago. He is still rehabbing and I think it's so easy to forgot everything that he went through these last 2 year.

He has learned a new system with new receivers and they have had to get use to him. I look forward to this fall to see where they are at with a season under their belt.

Plus maybe he will just feel like he belongs here and just more comfortable in general. I remembered reading a article that he would have to call his wife to figure out how to get to his barber, he was just lost in Denver all the time.

Davii
01-19-2013, 01:08 AM
They said on the radio today that Peyton said at every single press conference at Dove that he was working on his rehab all year. He even talked about wearing the glove because of his nerve damage very matter a fact a few weeks ago. He is still rehabbing and I think it's so easy to forgot everything that he went through these last 2 year.

He has learned a new system with new receivers and they have had to get use to him. I look forward to this fall to see where they are at with a season under their belt.

Plus maybe he will just feel like he belongs here and just more comfortable in general. I remembered reading a article that he would have to call his wife to figure out how to get to his barber, he was just lost in Denver all the time.

I think Manning will look much better next year, not only because of the rehab and time to heal, but another year in the system with his team mates, etc. I hope Stokely can play another year or two!

Timmy!
01-19-2013, 02:04 AM
I think Manning will look much better next year, not only because of the rehab and time to heal, but another year in the system with his team mates, etc. I hope Stokely can play another year or two!

I think Stokes has another year in him. Might have to limit his snaps a little more but he had a good year, stayed healthy and was money. Im sure he knows how close he is to another ring. The Broncos should only improve in the offseason.

vettesplus
01-19-2013, 11:34 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ray-lewis--peyton-manning-share-special-moment-after-broncos-ravens-playoff-classic-062005410.html

Why????????

Rex
01-19-2013, 11:45 AM
I am glad Ray didn't stab him

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Hey Zam, was Manning trying to draw attention to himself for waiting for Lewis? Kinda like how Von Miller waited in the locker room too??

Let us know your thoughts....

DenBronx
01-19-2013, 04:28 PM
I am glad Ray didn't stab him

Nah, Manning would have just head butted Lewis unconcious with that big ol forehead of his.