PDA

View Full Version : The official " Fire Mike McCoy thread"

vettesplus
01-12-2013, 11:02 PM
this dude has to go, i am so pissed off i cannot even start to type how i am feeling...i would get banned from this site....

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Please.

So many different things cost this team the game.

That said, "The Dream" I think should find a new team to play for. Not entirely his fault, but thats that for him in Denver IMO. I'd let Prater go as well, and Champ should take a paycut.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Broncos will never win a Super Bowl with that moron calling plays from the sideline. The offense runs better when Manning audibles.

vettesplus
01-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Please.

That said, "The Dream" I think should find a new team to play for. Not entirely his fault, but thats that for him in Denver IMO. I'd let Prater go as well, and Champ should take a paycut.

or maybe retire....

spikerman
01-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Are you sure that McCoy called a lot of those plays? Is it possible that Manning audibled out of the called play?

Nomad
01-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Are you sure that McCoy called a lot of those plays? Is it possible that Manning audibled out of the called play?

It's those damn refs:lol:

SR
01-12-2013, 11:14 PM
If you wanna fire McCoy you might as well start a subsequent "Fire Manning" thread.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 11:17 PM

Well Manning stated in his post game presser that the call was made from the sideline to run it 3 times, including 3rd and 7 in an attempt to run out the clock. So at least that ultra conservative BS wasn't on Manning. 1 first down from the win and you run it up the middle 3 times.
Brilliant stuff.

SR
01-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Well Manning stated in his post game presser that the call was made from the sideline to run it 3 times, including 3rd and 7 in an attempt to run out the clock. So at least that ultra conservative BS wasn't on Manning. 1 first down from the win and you run it up the middle 3 times.
Brilliant stuff.

Peace out McCoy

scott.475
01-12-2013, 11:20 PM

I know Manning does a lt f audibles, but you'd have to ake me believe he set he overall game plan as well. On our last O series in regulation I'm expect he was told "Protect the ball, keep it on the ground, we'll make them run out the clock." Truly disgusting.

Whoever said we don't have a killer instinct was dead on. The game is over when the clock hits 00:00, not a tick before, and not when willingly give the ball backto the other team with over a minute left.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 11:24 PM
I know Manning does a lt f audibles, but you'd have to ake me believe he set he overall game plan as well. On our last O series in regulation I'm expect he was told "Protect the ball, keep it on the ground, we'll make them run out the clock." Truly disgusting.

Whoever said we don't have a killer instinct was dead on. The game is over when the clock hits 00:00, not a tick before, and not when willingly give the ball backto the other team with over a minute left.

I'm the one who said it. And watch the Pats tomorrow to see a team that knows how to close the deal. 3 runs up the middle? Don't think so. How about 1 run...then a play action on 2nd for short yardage maybe the receiver picks up the 1st or maybe it ends up being a very short 3rd play. This is the playoffs. Go for the kill or go home. The Ravens took all the chances and look where they're at.

Mike
01-12-2013, 11:24 PM
The similarities in the offense from last year and this year are easy to see. Manning was able to do more with it. McCoy is the common denominator and holds the offense back.

scott.475
01-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Brilliant stuff.

Yep. A lot of us have been saying it for years. I think it was Gem a couple years ago who said McCoy's calls are: run left, run right, 5 yard pass with 8 yards for a first, punt. That was a couple years ago! He is thoroughly uncreative.

I regret this loss as much over the fact it will probably keep another team from hiring him as I do that it ended our season.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 11:26 PM
The similarities in the offense from last year and this year are easy to see. Manning was able to do more with it. McCoy is the common denominator and holds the offense back.

Exactly!

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 11:30 PM
There is a reason McCoy hasn't been hired as a HC yet, despite being praised relentlessly by the media for 2 years running. The fact is, other teams know McCoy has been the beneficiary of 2 QBs that know how to win games on their own merits. Tebow, through sheer determination and Manning through experience and intelligence. When McCoy had full control and an average QB he couldn't win a damn thing with Orton.

SR
01-12-2013, 11:32 PM
There is a reason McCoy hasn't been hired as a HC yet, despite being praised relentlessly by the media for 2 years running. The fact is, other teams know McCoy has been the beneficiary of 2 QBs that know how to win games on their own merits. Tebow, through sheer determination and Manning through experience and intelligence. When McCoy had full control and an average QB he couldn't win a damn thing with Orton.

The reason McCoy hasn't been hired yet is because of rules. He will be a coach of another team by the end of next week.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 11:33 PM
The reason McCoy hasn't been hired yet is because of rules. He will be a coach of another team by the end of next week.

HAHA good story. What team would hire Mr. 3 runs up the middle? Name it. Would have said KC but even they had more sense.

SR
01-12-2013, 11:36 PM
HAHA good story. What team would hire Mr. 3 runs up the middle? Name it. Would have said KC but even they had more sense.

Bet me your paycheck.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Bet me your paycheck.

guess you can't name one.

SR
01-12-2013, 11:48 PM
guess you can't name one.

You're a troll. He interviewed with a half dozen teams last week. He will be hired.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 12:03 AM
And still waiting for you to name one team that would hire McCoy based on his resume.

SR
01-13-2013, 12:04 AM
And still waiting for you to name one team that would hire McCoy based on his resume.

Philly. AZ. Chicago. There's three.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 12:11 AM

All one can say is that the teams that requested an interview are considering hiring him. It's not like he's a rooney candidate.

If they didn't just last year, I'd say the raiders. They seem to always follow us with a pooper scooper.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 12:15 AM
The Bears are interviewing a dozen for the HC position.

underrated29
01-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Mccoy sucks and WILL get hired away. It will haooen and i can only say the sooner the better.

SR
01-13-2013, 12:22 AM
The Bears are interviewing a dozen for the HC position.

Every single team interviewed a ton of candidates.

sneakers
01-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Isn't there like 8 of these threads made at some point over the last few years

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Isn't there like 8 of these threads made at some point over the last few years

all a product of wishful thinking.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 12:35 AM
I'd like to see him cannonized. No, that's not misspelled.

SR
01-13-2013, 12:36 AM
all a product of wishful thinking.

That's all. I answered your question.
Go troll elsewhere.

Poet
01-13-2013, 12:39 AM
or maybe retire....

He got all-pro votes man...

Dreadnought
01-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Well, McCoy got beat up by some guys as not being a "real OC, as PMFM audibles so much to his own choices anyways. Now he's to blame because we lost a ball game? Pretty lame IMHO. The system worked brilliantly most of the year, until it didn't. That was today. PMFM was a little off, the Ratbirds played out of their minds, Flacco turned into Johnny U. for one miserable evening, and the Defense couldn't make 35 points stand up. And McCoy's to blame?

Rubbish. We'll lose him anyways when he gets hired, but he wasn't the problem.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Well, McCoy got beat up by some guys as not being a "real OC, as PMFM audibles so much to his own choices anyways. Now he's to blame because we lost a ball game? Pretty lame IMHO. The system worked brilliantly most of the year, until it didn't. That was today. PMFM was a little off, the Ratbirds played out of their minds, Flacco turned into Johnny U. for one miserable evening, and the Defense couldn't make 35 points stand up. And McCoy's to blame?

Rubbish. We'll lose him anyways when he gets hired, but he wasn't the problem.

I completely agree and disagree with you. He wasn't the problem, but I want him gone anyway. I'm sick of his playcalling (yes, I know most of it is manning, but his influence is obvious).

Dreadnought
01-13-2013, 12:58 AM
I completely agree and disagree with you. He wasn't the problem, but I want him gone anyway. I'm sick of his playcalling (yes, I know most of it is manning, but his influence is obvious).

Not unreasonable. I like him because he tends run heavy, and I'm old and cranky and I prefer a more run oriented offense for a bunch of reasons. When PMFM is your QB you let him do what he does though.

Tebowtime2011
01-13-2013, 02:56 AM
Please.

That said, "The Dream" I think should find a new team to play for. Not entirely his fault, but thats that for him in Denver IMO. I'd let Prater go as well, and Champ should take a paycut. Champ shouldn't take a paycut. Do you know how hard it is to play man to man without safety help that is why he wouldn't jam torrey because he knew he couldn't recover during the bump and rumn against him

vettesplus
01-13-2013, 11:17 AM
He got all-pro votes man...

sure didnt look like an all pro sat....

wayninja
01-13-2013, 11:49 AM

I don't think one bad game can negate a stellar career. However, it was a REALLY bad game. Like, the worst I've ever seen from him. I would rather have had Cassius Vaughn back in there.

vettesplus
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
I don't think one bad game can negate a stellar career. However, it was a REALLY bad game. Like, the worst I've ever seen from him. I would rather have had Cassius Vaughn back in there.

has nothing to do with his steller career, but when you are a "all pro" you must perform at the highest level in a game like this and if your not able, you need to look in the mirror and ask the ??? is it time...i think it is. he will go down as the best at his position, thats for sure...

SR
01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
has nothing to do with his steller career, but when you are a "all pro" you must perform at the highest level in a game like this and if your not able, you need to look in the mirror and ask the ??? is it time...i think it is. he will go down as the best at his position, thats for sure...

So he isn't entitled to a bad game?

Jsteve01
01-13-2013, 12:10 PM

has nothing to do with his steller career, but when you are a "all pro" you must perform at the highest level in a game like this and if your not able, you need to look in the mirror and ask the ??? is it time...i think it is. he will go down as the best at his position, thats for sure... this is ridiculous. The only thing that was exposed yesterday was champs speed vs a 4.3 burner. Hes lost nothing in coverage skills. He just needs either more help over the top which in fairness changed the complexion of this entire defensive philosophy or he needs to move to ...........wait for it........safety.

UnderArmour
01-13-2013, 12:17 PM
He's going to get hired as a HC by Chicago, Arizona, or Jacksonville this week. If we're lucky, Fox can lure Whisenhunt to come in here next year and work the same magic he did in Pittsburgh running our offense.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 12:18 PM
So he isn't entitled to a bad game?

no..not really. He can have a bad game but entitled to one? No. He's accountable just as much as anyone else for the way he plays.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Chicago won't hire him. They are too close to actually being a real contender. Arizona might be desperate and pathetic enough to overlook McCoy's resume of incompetence though.

Mike
01-13-2013, 12:27 PM
no..not really. He can have a bad game but entitled to one? No. He's accountable just as much as anyone else for the way he plays.

You don't get rid of one of the best ever because of one bad game. No matter how bad it is. Champ is still our best CB...he just may not be able to lock a side down all by himself anymore. That can be dealt with.

UnderArmour
01-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Chicago won't hire him. They are too close to actually being a real contender. Arizona might be desperate and pathetic enough to overlook McCoy's resume of incompetence though.

Nobody in Chicago knows what an NFL offense looks like and that includes their GM. They expect a franchise QB to stay healthy and produce with zero help from an offensive line while their front office has done nothing about it for years now. They ought to be interviewing offensive linemen instead of head coaches because there is no scheme where offensive tackles act as revolving doors and the QB can sit back and make plays. McCoy is as good as any coach they've interviewed so far besides Dennison.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Nobody in Chicago knows what an NFL offense looks like and that includes their GM. They expect a franchise QB to stay healthy and produce with zero help from an offensive line while their front office has done nothing about it for years now. They ought to be interviewing offensive linemen instead of head coaches because there is no scheme where offensive tackles act as revolving doors and the QB can sit back and make plays. McCoy is as good as any coach they've interviewed so far besides Dennison.

I can agree with most of that, except the McCoy is good part. Dennison has more credentials than McCoy and seriously should get the job.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 12:32 PM
You don't get rid of one of the best ever because of one bad game. No matter how bad it is. Champ is still our best CB...he just may not be able to lock a side down all by himself anymore. That can be dealt with.

I don't think we should get rid of him. He's still good, very good. But I don't believe he can be left on an island anymore. He still has the hips but he's lost a few steps. He needs safety help on the faster receivers. I would love to see him move to safety if there was a viable option for replacing him at corner, like Woodson did.

SR
01-13-2013, 12:43 PM

Maybe a bad choice of words but my point remains the same. For people to denounce his entire career because of one game is ludicrous.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Maybe a bad choice of words but my point remains the same. For people to denounce his entire career because of one game is ludicrous.

I agree and he's still one of the best.

SR
01-13-2013, 12:50 PM
I agree and he's still one of the best.

He's still an elite player but that was the second time this season that he was torched and this game was the worst of his career as far as I'm concerned.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 01:03 PM
this is ridiculous. The only thing that was exposed yesterday was champs speed vs a 4.3 burner. Hes lost nothing in coverage skills. He just needs either more help over the top which in fairness changed the complexion of this entire defensive philosophy or he needs to move to ...........wait for it........safety.

That's not entirely true. He was not 'beat' on the first touchdown pass, he was out of position and couldn't get turned back around in time to make a play on the ball. It wasn't a 40 time issue. If anything, he overran the play.

Slick
01-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Add Content

Poet
01-13-2013, 05:37 PM

You are a very live and die by the moment kind of fan.

broncofaninfla
01-13-2013, 05:42 PM
As much as I would love to see some team hire McCoy I would be shocked to see it happen after this game. This game exposed both McCoy and Fox. The three consecutive runs and the kneeling instead of trying to win the game left me livid. It's not all on them though. Bailey, Moore, Prater, Mannings turnovers, the defensive line not being able to generate a pass rush all played a part in this too but this game still could have been won if McCoy and Fox would have played to win instead of playing not to lose.

Nomad
01-13-2013, 05:44 PM
As much as I would love to see some team hire McCoy I would be shocked to see it happen after this game. This game exposed both McCoy and Fox. The three consecutive runs and the kneeling instead of trying to win the game left me livid. It's not all on them though. Bailey, Moore, Prater, Mannings turnovers, the defensive line not being able to generate a pass rush all played a part in this too but this game still could have been won if McCoy and Fox would have played to win instead of playing not to lose.

Agreed!

You doing any of that python hunting for cash down there in Florida?

scott.475
01-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Please let it be so, and PLEASE let us bring in someone with some creativity.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120834/article/nfl-headcoaching-search-tracker

"Other notes: The Cardinals are expected to make a major push for McCoy now that the Broncos' season is over, two sources informed of the team's plans told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. ... "

broncofaninfla
01-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Agreed!

You doing any of that python hunting for cash down there in Florida?

LOL!!! No that's a little further south from where I'm located. We do have beaches and bikinis though here in Panama City Beach. In fact in the 70's and beach weather this weekend.

DenBronx
01-13-2013, 08:45 PM

Others will not have the balls to admit that is the case. I'm done bantering with them too....I've already blocked two people. Just too upset right now to deal with people I guess.