PDA

View Full Version : It was the cold wasn't it?

sneakers
01-12-2013, 10:59 PM
This bronco team is not built for very cold and snowy conditions.

Is this an accurate statement?

SR
01-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Beer

Davii
01-12-2013, 11:01 PM
No. It was a defective scoreboard.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm thinking maybe a dome needs to be built.

Buff
01-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Something was amiss with Manning. That gameplan was excruciatingly conservative.

I don't think he was physically capable of throwing the deep ball. We didn't throw a pass more than 10-12 yards all day. We knelt in two deep ball situations before the half and before the end of regulation. He has talked about how his surgeries have forced him to wear the gloves in the cold.

I really think the cold physically affects his nerves/muscles.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 11:07 PM
yes. he has stated the cold makes the nerves in his hand tingle and that effects his grip, due to the neck surgeries. I guess that would explain the lack of the long ball and conservative play calling. It seems we have a cripple for a QB in denver.

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2013, 11:10 PM
The only thing that really upsets me with Manning was OT.

The guy in OT looked either gassed or defeated or both. That's a big legacy hit IMO. Add the SB pick-6 he threw to kill the Colts in their second 'Bowl and I can't put him with the Elways and Montanas. Elway at close to his age was doing helicopter dives. It's sad.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 11:14 PM
The only thing that really upsets me with Manning was OT.

The guy in OT looked either gassed or defeated or both. That's a big legacy hit IMO. Add the SB pick-6 he threw to kill the Colts in their second 'Bowl and I can't put him with the Elways and Montanas.

I think he has the more intelligent football mind but not always the best performance. Montana should never be considered in any "greatest" talk since he was purely a system QB. I was around to see the west coast offense back in the day and it was unstoppable. About as unstoppable as the Pats system is today.

Hawgdriver
01-13-2013, 12:48 AM
I don't think he was physically capable of throwing the deep ball.

twss

Buff
01-13-2013, 12:49 AM
twss

Now is not the time for lance armstrong jokes.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 12:55 AM
I often hear this question asked after disappointing sexual encounters.

Chidoze
01-13-2013, 01:00 AM
I know Manning said the cold temperatures affected him, but I dont think it's a case of the Broncos arent built for cold weather.

If the defense doesnt give up that 70 yard touchdown with 40 seconds to go, or the Broncos try & get the first down by passing instead of running the ball with 1:19 to go, I think we are in the AFC championship game.

I thought Manning played fairly decent considering the circumstances, I mean, the Broncos matched the Ravens punch for punch pretty much.

The Broncos just made a few more mistakes than the Ravens did. I think that's what it came down to.

Chef Zambini
01-13-2013, 04:55 AM
the ravens answered every score! our defense played like shit. runny, smelly, soiled your pants shit.
sure manning had a sub-standard game, but nothing matched the stench of our defense !

sneakers
01-13-2013, 06:38 AM
or the Broncos try & get the first down by passing instead of running the ball with 1:19 to go, I think we are in the AFC championship game.

I was hoping they would do a play action pass, and if the guy isn't totally wide open, then just fall to the ground and take a knee.

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2013, 06:46 AM
or the Broncos try & get the first down by passing instead of running the ball with 1:19 to go, I think we are in the AFC championship game.

I was hoping they would do a play action pass, and if the guy isn't totally wide open, then just fall to the ground and take a knee.

Those types of plays are bang bang. There's no time for that shit. They definitely should have tried to win the game there IMO.

Poet
01-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Manning had three tds and one bullshit int.

I had to laugh at the comment about a legacy hit.