PDA

View Full Version : Extreemly tough loss for the Broncos & fans

Chidoze
01-12-2013, 09:56 PM
I really enjoyed this season, thoroughly.

It was a great year. Everything just seemed to go our way. The Broncos signed Manning, had a amazing comeback win against the Chargers, went on an 11 game winning streak, had the #1 seed and home field advantage for the playoffs.

Now, I'm just totally sad & deflated about the Ravens winning. Words cant do justice for how tough this loss is.

Things happen & it just wasnt meant to be this year I suppose, but I know the Broncos are a good team despite all the "you didnt beat any good teams all year" people saying otherwise.

I hope next season is as fun as this season was, but for now, the depression of what could have been remains.

Go Broncos :(

cmc0605
01-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Going out to make bad decisions tonight. ..

lgenf
01-12-2013, 10:01 PM
I feel bad fr champ

This was his shot

BigDaddyBronco
01-12-2013, 10:01 PM
1996. Wait until next year.

Chidoze
01-12-2013, 10:12 PM
I sure hope so, time will tell if it ends up that way.

SR
01-12-2013, 10:17 PM

I hope this simmers in all of them this offseason and next season. I hope next year Denver ******* dominates like they did in '98. **** the haters. GO. BRONCOS.

MileHighCrew
01-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Most teams have to take steps before they win it all.this was part of the process, a painful part, but still a part

spikerman
01-12-2013, 10:28 PM
I feel bad fr champ

This was his shot

Then he should have played (a lot) better.

Dreadnought
01-12-2013, 10:29 PM
It was tough, and the Broncos made some bonehead plays, but the truth is also that the Damned Ratbirds also played an inspired friggin' game, Damn them all to Hell.

vettesplus
01-12-2013, 10:29 PM
I feel bad fr champ

This was his shot

why? he was responsible for 50% of the lose, retire him would be a good choice, as my 8 year old said tonight after the game, "champ got smoked tonight!!!"

spikerman
01-12-2013, 10:31 PM
I used to let games like this ruin my week, nay, month. After sitting through 4 SB losses, each worse than the one before and then finally getting to see them win one (actually two), it's like the pressure came off. I can sit back now and realize that I'm a fan, but I can't affect anything that happens on the field and it's ultimately a game. I'm a diehard fan, but these losses are easier to get over than they used to be.

MasterShake
01-12-2013, 10:36 PM
I used to let games like this ruin my week, nay, month. After sitting through 4 SB losses, each worse than the one before and then finally getting to see them win one (actually two), it's like the pressure came off. I can sit back now and realize that I'm a fan, but I can't affect anything that happens on the field and it's ultimately a game. I'm a diehard fan, but these losses are easier to get over than they used to be.

Well said. I have a similar approach. The bad seasons and tough losses make the good ones that much better. The key is to stick with the team through it all.

Still pissed, but I'll be alright. :D

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2013, 10:37 PM

I thought I was over this kind of disappointment. 2005 didn't hurt me really.

Even at my age with a young daughter this one is bad. Really bad.

I was prepared for a potential Pats loss. This one is inexcusable.

spikerman
01-12-2013, 10:38 PM
I thought I was over this kind of disappointment. 2005 didn't hurt me really.

Even at my age with a young daughter this one is bad. Really bad.

The thing that I feel the worst about is we have to hear about the "felon's" inspiration all week. He was pretty much invisible throughout the game, but he'll somehow get credit for the win.

But.. the sun will come up tomorrow. You'll see. :)

Krugan
01-12-2013, 10:46 PM
I sat at work all day, avoided all sports pages and peoples chatter, only to come home and wait for my wife to get to watch the recording.

5 minutes in I get a text, with a blow up about the loss.

I didnt even get to watch the game, so it was salt in the wound.

What the hell happened to our D.

Maybe there was something to the soft 2nd half schedule blather, I dont know, but this hurts as bad as the jags bungle. At least I didnt watch into 2nd OT to get let down.

Dzone
01-12-2013, 10:57 PM
as bad as the Jags bungle, no doubt about it...this is a brutal loss..just ******* brutal
Good thing I dont drink cuz I might even get wasted tonight to take away the pain LOL

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2013, 11:00 PM
as bad as the Jags bungle, no doubt about it...this is a brutal loss..just ******* brutal
Good thing I dont drink cuz I might even get wasted tonight to take away the pain LOL

I avoided drink the whole game. Was too intense. I drink only to celebrate. So it sounds terrible right now.

SR
01-12-2013, 11:03 PM
I avoided drink the whole game. Was too intense. I drink only to celebrate. So it sounds terrible right now.

I've been drinking since half time.

Chidoze
01-12-2013, 11:26 PM
I've been drinking since half time.
I just made a white russian to try & get some cheer in me... I think I put a little too much vodka in it lol

SR
01-12-2013, 11:28 PM
I just made a white russian to try & get some cheer in me... I think I put a little too much vodka in it lol

Vodka in a White Russian?

LawDog
01-12-2013, 11:51 PM
I blame Kubiak and the Texans choking away the 1 seed. I was happy with the 3 and a wildcard game...

Chidoze
01-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Vodka in a White Russian?
yea, vodka, kahlua & half & half ;)

SR
01-12-2013, 11:53 PM
yea, vodka, kaluah & half & half ;)

I thought rum went in it.
But I don't drink ***** drinks like that so I didn't know ;)

Chidoze
01-12-2013, 11:55 PM
I blame Kubiak and the Texans choking away the 1 seed. I was happy with the 3 and a wildcard game...
The Broncos would have still been 2 if the Texans had held on to #1. So we'd still have a bye week & probably would have played the Ravens still anyways :(

Chidoze
01-12-2013, 11:56 PM
I thought rum went in it.
But I don't drink ***** drinks like that so I didn't know ;)
Lol, it's not a bitch drink... the Dude drinks it throughout the big lebowski movie :lol:

SR
01-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Lol, it's not a bitch drink... the Dude drinks it throughout the big lebowski movie :lol:

LOL. Touché buddy

Poet
01-12-2013, 11:58 PM
why? he was responsible for 50% of the lose, retire him would be a good choice, as my 8 year old said tonight after the game, "champ got smoked tonight!!!"

He cannot cover elite speed and gets reamed by elite acceleration. He is too old to do that with the rules that govern DB's. He is a good corner and probably still top ten in the league. He could have done a number on Boldin and guys like that.

I felt that way after watching Green work him over. I wanted to be a gracious loser and I also find the Champ Sucks threads and posts so irritating I never really posted it. If your number one WR is a bulky beast like Boldin, Rice, Fitz, guys like that, Champs your man. If he's facing the speed and acceleration the likes of Smith...he's not.

Simple Jaded
01-13-2013, 02:58 AM
Smiths 2nd TD shoulda been an Int, Champ can cover speed when he plays with technique. People keep talking about Baileys great 40 at the combine but I don't think he ever had Torrey Smith speed, not many do.......

Poet
01-13-2013, 03:02 AM
Smiths 2nd TD shoulda been an Int, Champ can cover speed when he plays with technique. People keep talking about Baileys great 40 at the combine but I don't think he ever had Torrey Smith speed, not many do.......

There are very few people who can make that into an INT without drawing PI. JDR really screwed the poach when he kept putting Champ on Smith.

Simple Jaded
01-13-2013, 03:06 AM
There are very few people who can make that into an INT without drawing PI. JDR really screwed the poach when he kept putting Champ on Smith.

Bailey had perfect position and never got his head around.......

Poet
01-13-2013, 03:17 AM

Because he was doing everything he possibly could just to keep within striking distance to Smith.

Dzone
01-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Worst loss ever.At least it feels that way rght now.

MOtorboat
01-13-2013, 10:10 AM
This doesn't feel as bad as '96.

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2013, 10:13 AM
This doesn't feel as bad as '96.

Not even close.

Traveler
01-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I feel bad fr champ

This was his shot

I don't. He should have played better. Smith made him look old. Plenty of blame to go around though. Champ might want to re-think his comment of never switching to Safety. He doesn't have the speed to keep up with thse WR's like he use to.

Simple Jaded
01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Because he was doing everything he possibly could just to keep within striking distance to Smith.

And therein lies the difference between 2005 Champ Bailey and this one, that Champ Bailey does both with aplomb. But neither had Torrey Smith speed.

Btw, according to some sports talk radio host, heading into this game Bailey was the #1 CB against passes of 20 yards or more and Carter was 3rd or 4th. Carter looked as confused on the 70 yard TD as Moore did, though apparently he was in a zone.......

Dzone
01-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Worst loss ever...I suppose they all feel that way...its a numb feeling...Probably like after the 4 super bowl losses...after Jacksonville...Makes me wish I wasnt so emotionally tied to a damn football team...maybe then I wouldnt take these losses so hard

Chidoze
01-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Worst loss ever...I suppose they all feel that way...its a numb feeling...Probably like after the 4 super bowl losses...after Jacksonville...Makes me wish I wasnt so emotionally tied to a damn football team...maybe then I wouldnt take these losses so hard
I've been reading all the media on social networks & Denver area news outlets since 3 am this morning, the consensus is the Broncos players are just as devastated as the fans are.

Vic Lombardi tweeted a picture of Von Miller sitting at his locker for an hour after the game, still in full uniform, head down & not saying a word.

Eric Decker had emotion in his voice during interviews, even Rahim Moore was shaky. Moore apologized to fans & team mates, basically putting the loss on his own shoulders. Champ & Stokley came to his aid & said it was the teams fault for the loss, not one man on one single play.

It's hard man, everybody is crushed by that loss.

The Ravens shouldn't have won that game :(

Chidoze
01-13-2013, 04:21 PM
His head was looking toward the ball, either he just didnt see it or he wasnt expecting Smith to move inside to make the catch. Champ looked like he was leaning on Smith too so when he moved inside of Champ, he flat fell on his ass because he was leaning so much on Smith.