PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait for Mike McCoy to go away.

scott.475
01-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Whether hired as a HC somewhere, though he may have just blown his chances there, or fired, he just really needs to go. O playcalling today was beyond horrifying...BEYOND HORRIFYING!

I honestly wonder whether his being considered as HC material by other teams affected his play calling today, even subconsciously. This was really, really horrible.

I've been saying for at east a few years now he needed to go, I hope ths does it finally. I know the pay wasn't great, but the playcalling was devastating. I will never frgive him for that last series in regulation. Literally handed the game to the Ravens when we could have tried going for the kill. Jerk.

broncophan
01-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Manning is the broncos oc...McCoy is his assistant...

OrangeFanatic
01-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Now this is something I can get on board with. Someone needs to start a fire McCoy thread.

Joel
01-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Manning is the broncos oc...McCoy is his assistant...
I'm not sure Mike McCoy has EVER called a play in Denver, yet people have been considering him for head coaching jobs since this time last year. It's bizarre.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 09:27 PM
I think him being rejected by all the teams he interviewed for got into his head. Well that..and he just sucks as a play caller. Look back to his brilliant play calls with tebow. Nuff said about his qualifications. He's long overdue to be fired.

CrazyHorse
01-12-2013, 09:27 PM
3rd and 7 run? We had the game.

G_Money
01-12-2013, 09:30 PM
I expect McCoy to be back next year. Buckle up.

~G

Joel
01-12-2013, 09:32 PM
That was actually a good call if our D showed up, though I'm not convinced it was McCoys call rather than Mannings. Baltimore was down by a TD and out of time outs right after the 2:00 warning. That run chewed another 40 seconds off the clock and left them 70 seconds to drive the length of the field; no one on our offense can be blamed for how easily a second rate offense did just that. It's not like we'd been converting tons of 3rd and long passes; we scored all of ONCE in the second half and OT, and needed a penalty to keep THAT drive going.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 09:33 PM

Yep. That run was the same thing as an incomplete pass. Yea it ran some time off the clock but why give the other team another shot? It's the playoffs..lay it all out there and lose with some damn dignity if it happens. So why not try to pick up the 1st down? A first down there would have sealed a victory. But 3 runs in row, with a top 5 passing team and PFM? Somebody needs to be fired and I'm not joking.

Dirk
01-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Yes...I'm on board as well.

scott.475
01-12-2013, 09:44 PM
I'll gladly admit the players were not playing as well as their ability. BUT,I don't think PM calls EVERY play. I can think of only one run today that wasn't up the middle. I may be wrong, memory might be clouded by fury, but that last series of regulation runs was not a surprise to anyone. Ran right where we'd been running all night, up the middle. We handed the entire ball game right over to them there. What really blows my mind, and I expect this was Fox's decision, but we had not really ben able to stop them defensively all day, yet we intentionally gave them the game, thinking our D would be able to do something it hadn't done yet.

I don't think any amount of explanation or excuses will make me understand the garbage playcalling then, or throughout the game.

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Yawn.

McCoy > The Dream

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Look the Broncos lack a killer instinct ok. Look at the last game with the ravens..giving up 2 TDs at the end. NO..beat them into dust until the clock hits zero. It's one of the reasons why teams like the Pats are always contenders to win the big game. You never let a team off the hook and give them a chance if you can do something to prevent it. McCoy needs to quietly leave and never come back.

lgenf
01-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Manning checked out of every play he didn't like ALL season

McCoy didn't cost you that game, points off turnovers did, come on

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 10:25 PM
and the refs spotting 14 points

DenBronx
01-12-2013, 10:39 PM
This is a very tough loss. Manning didnt help with the int at the end of the game, rahim moore was awful on that bomb, Fox was way to conservative, Moreno got hurt, Champ got absolutely toasted by Smith...maybe the worst game of his career, the refs were in the Ravens pocket...then the whole emotional swan song for Lewis, him praying during the coin toss....it was just a show to me....

Then theres McCoy. You guys were giving me hell and bantering back and forth when I said he was overated. I see NOTHING special about McCoy and I hope he leaves. Hes not creative and he doesnt have a pair of balls. Get this bum out of Denver tonight!!!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-12-2013, 10:42 PM
I expect McCoy to be back next year. Buckle up.

~G

Pretty much what I expect, too. Unless someone hires him away (which I just don't see happening), he'll be here.

DenBronx
01-13-2013, 06:56 PM
I just want to hear from everyone who was on McCoys jock....a product of McD.

What's the excuse this time? Was I right??? Anyone have the balls to say they were wrong about McCoy?

SR
01-13-2013, 06:59 PM

What's the excuse this time? Was I right??? Anyone have the balls to say they were wrong about McCoy?

I don't think the game yesterday proved or disproved anything.

MOtorboat
01-13-2013, 07:00 PM

No. Because they still scored 21 points, had a record setting offense over the course of the season and he is a candidate for every single head coaching position out there.

The people running teams are smarter than me. McCoy is just an irrational fan scapegoat.

DenBronx
01-13-2013, 07:04 PM
No. Because they still scored 21 points, had a record setting offense over the course of the season and he is a candidate for every single head coaching position out there.

The people running teams are smarter than me. McCoy is just an irrational fan scapegoat.

Yeah? Were was this record scoring offense last year and the year before that and the...

Come on MO...you were wrong. Dont be that guy who holds his position and just cant admit the facts. Insert Manning and McCoy looks like a guy who can be a HC. Insert Manning and both Decker and Thomas are 1000 yard WRs.

Just be real....I never see you admit anything.

MOtorboat
01-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Yeah? Were was this record scoring offense last year and the year before that and the...

Come on MO...you were wrong. Dont be that guy who holds his position and just cant admit the facts. Insert Manning and McCoy looks like a guy who can be a HC. Insert Manning and both Decker and Thomas are 1000 yard WRs.

Just be real....I never see you admit anything.

I'm not wrong about anything. If you were right, and I was wrong he'd be getting fired not interviewed for promotions.

He was interviewed for a head position last year too.

And **** you getting personal. I admit I'm wrong all the time. It's not my fault you can't read.

DenBronx
01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
My only offseason wish is for someone to hire him. We just can't play scared or conservative anymore. Regardless of what people think about Fox, McCoy is still the play caller and he played scared when the game was on the line. Caldwell didnt play scared and went for it all.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 07:31 PM
He's the real McCoy.

DenBronx
01-13-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm not wrong about anything. If you were right, and I was wrong he'd be getting fired not interviewed for promotions.

He was interviewed for a head position last year too.

And **** you getting personal. I admit I'm wrong all the time. It's not my fault you can't read.

No buddy..... **** you!!!! And no you dont.

RebelRocker
01-13-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure Mike McCoy has EVER called a play in Denver, yet people have been considering him for head coaching jobs since this time last year. It's bizarre.

He's called plays from the time McD was fired to now. Do you even watch our games?

PA+
01-13-2013, 08:10 PM
I am blaming Fox more then McCoy. I remember when we hired Fox i asked my Panther fan what he thought of the hire, first thing he said was how frustrating Fox can be with his conservative approach. After two years of Fox i can see what he was talking about, yesterday Fox was playing not to lose and i never i have seen a more gutless approach.

If he was playing poker he would fold every time until he loses all of his chips.

SR
01-13-2013, 09:22 PM
I am blaming Fox more then McCoy. I remember when we hired Fox i asked my Panther fan what he thought of the hire, first thing he said was how frustrating Fox can be with his conservative approach. After two years of Fox i can see what he was talking about, yesterday Fox was playing not to lose and i never i have seen a more gutless approach.

If he was playing poker he would fold every time until he loses all of his chips.

You have your own Panther fan?!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Things were not the same on offense after Moreno got hurt.

SR
01-13-2013, 09:32 PM

Nope not at all. Hillman did a great job and so did Hester but neither one of them are as much a threat as KnoMo. I hope he's back next year...really impressed by how he played in place of Willis.

DenBronx
01-13-2013, 09:43 PM

Very true Carol. This game would have been perfect for a Willis return.

Moreno stepped up in McGahees absence and that's why I think both will split time next year. But Moreno got hurt and who knows what would have happened with him in the game. I think Hillman would have done ok had McCoy not been so predictable with his play calling.

There was that one moment when they were capturing all of the defeated looks of the Ravens defense on the sideline when we were up by 7 points with little time left. It looked as if this game was a lock to win and all we needed was another 1st down. They got the ball back and Moore makes a very costly mistake. This game can't blame anyone ONE guy....but I do see a horrible pattern with the OC, which is why I would like him to move on.

PA+
01-13-2013, 10:14 PM
You have your own Panther fan?!

lol

typo i meant my friend who is a panther fan.

But seriously i am concerned going forward i don't like Fox conservative style, he is playing not to lose.

I hope Fox learns from this experience.

SR
01-13-2013, 10:33 PM
lol

typo i meant my friend who is a panther fan.

But seriously i am concerned going forward i don't like Fox conservative style, he is playing not to lose.

I hope Fox learns from this experience.

He'll learn. After this I'm sure he knows he had a baller of a QB

MOtorboat
01-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Every single team with a head coaching position open is considering a coach that fans say sucks.

Think about that for a second.

underrated29
01-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Every single team with a head coaching position open is considering a coach that fans say sucks.

Think about that for a second.

Think about todd hailey, nirv turner, steve spagnolo and josh mcdaniels. They all say hello.

Mccoy sucks ass and i dont know why it took people so long to see it.

Dzone
01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
After the debacle on Saturday, who would even want Mccoy? He runs Hillman into the line on 3rd and 7 when a first down wins the game. This guy is a genius? He should be fired

TXBRONC
01-14-2013, 09:39 AM

I bet it was the head coach who made that call. Apparently some of you guys don't realize that the head coach has the final say. I know it's strange but guess what it's true.

TXBRONC
01-14-2013, 09:52 AM

People are pointing fingers at the 3rd and 7 acting like they were side line know exactly what happened. Fact is a call like that many times comes from the head coach. We had the lead a defensive is going lean towards putting the game in his defense's hands. I'm not going flame McCoy or Fox making that call. Not a one of them that are complaining have EVER had to make that call. Why if we're going point fingers why not whine about how Del Rio didn't roll coverage towards Bailey or blame he for Moore not being back further on that final touchdown that they gave up.

TXBRONC
01-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Think about todd hailey, nirv turner, steve spagnolo and josh mcdaniels. They all say hello.

Mccoy sucks ass and i dont know why it took people so long to see it.

I think Fox and Elway feel for who has talent than we do.

Btw in your signature your wish list you would like to get Glenn Dorsey. The only Glenn Dorsey I know of is a failed first round pick in K.C.

SR
01-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Some of the stuff you guys say is "fact" or "I know x, y, and z" is ******* comical.

TXBRONC
01-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Some of the stuff you guys say is "fact" or "I know x, y, and z" is ******* comical.

I know I used that term. It is true many times head coaches will make a call like that. I don't know for fact Fox made that call but it wouldn't surprise me. That's not criticism of Fox. He gets paid to make decisions like that.

Dzone
01-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Hope MCcoy goes to the Chargers. He will suck as a head coach

underrated29
01-14-2013, 10:41 AM
I think Fox and Elway feel for who has talent than we do.

Btw in your signature your wish list you would like to get Glenn Dorsey. The only Glenn Dorsey I know of is a failed first round pick in K.C.

That is cirrect.correct. glenn dorsey is not in the proper fit in the kc defense. In our defense i think he would be a better fit in the traditional 4-3 with our defense, even when we have our 2defense gap looks.

underrated29
01-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Oh and i will pretty mich gurantee that our offense will be much better next year without the great mccoy

TXBRONC
01-14-2013, 10:49 AM
That is cirrect.correct. glenn dorsey is not in the proper fit in the kc defense. In our defense i think he would be a better fit in the traditional 4-3 with our defense, even when we have our 2defense gap looks.

I'm pretty sure you dead wrong evaluation. What the hell is two gap look? You either play it or you don't. That is what defense tackles do yet he would better here? I doubt it.

Oh and i will pretty mich gurantee that our offense will be much better next year without the great mccoy

That's rich consider our offense was 2nd in the League. It's kind of hard to get much better.

CoachChaz
01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
File this thread in the total waste of rational thought category

rationalfan
01-14-2013, 11:15 AM
After the debacle on Saturday, who would even want Mccoy? He runs Hillman into the line on 3rd and 7 when a first down wins the game. This guy is a genius? He should be fired

manning told peter king in MMQB that particular play was an audible by manning. can't blame the coaches there.

i don't think mccoy is perfect. but neither is manning. grading either on the scale of perfection is the problem, not the coaches' or QB's play calling.

TXBRONC
01-14-2013, 11:52 AM
manning told peter king in MMQB that particular play was an audible by manning. can't blame the coaches there.

i don't think mccoy is perfect. but neither is manning. grading either on the scale of perfection is the problem, not the coaches' or QB's play calling.

Whether it was Manning pulled audibled to a run play or the call came in from the side line that one play didn't cost the Broncos the game.

I'm sure someone is going to rationalize that Manning is taking the blame he's trying save McCoy embarrassment and an opportunity to get a head coaching job.

underrated29
01-14-2013, 01:36 PM

I heard that the call from the sidelines was 3 straight run plays? Not saying what I heard was correct, just what I had heard. Who knows? Im willing to bet though that the calls were three straight runs. (once again, theme of the thread, I am not saying this is what cost us the game)

Whether it was Manning pulled audibled to a run play or the call came in from the side line that one play didn't cost the Broncos the game.

I'm sure someone is going to rationalize that Manning is taking the blame he's trying save McCoy embarrassment and an opportunity to get a head coaching job.

Yep, that is what i heard as well. As much as I want mccoy gone I am not that irrational to think that.

I'm pretty sure you dead wrong evaluation. What the hell is two gap look? You either play it or you don't. That is what defense tackles do yet he would better here? I doubt it.

That's rich consider our offense was 2nd in the League. It's kind of hard to get much better.

What we run is more like a 3-4 look with our DE out wide 9. Our boys upfront often times do have a two gap look. However, we are still primarily a 43 base. Dorsey, is more of a penetrater then a take on blockers run stuffer. Although he is not terrible at both. When we have our 5-2 look with von on the LE side, a guy like dorsey, has the skills like wolfe to sneak in and collapse the pocket and or force the QB from stepping up into Von and Doom. I think he would be great for us and would not cost much.

Yes, and I believe our offense will be even better. Talk about rich, it will be so sweet on the tongue when we are scoring 35+ points a game. Using knowshon on some screens and slowing the pass rush. Not running on every first down. Using some other PA plays and a pitch or toss to get hillman in space and to the outside.

NightTerror218
01-14-2013, 01:37 PM
McCoy meeting with the Chargers.

If McCoy is replaced I would like to see a strong minded OC who will help Fox take a chance now and then. One who will have a strong confidence that he offense can complete a 3rd and 7.

underrated29
01-14-2013, 01:50 PM
It will be adam gase. He is the one who probably knows our offense better than anyone aside from mccoy. Lets not forget we still run our offense, but we have also mixed in a bunch of peytons offense. So there will be continuity in terms of scheme. That will be a big help. Plus, I can not help but think that gase has not seen how damn predictable we are and will shake things up. #playcalling

NightTerror218
01-14-2013, 01:53 PM
It will be adam gase. He is the one who probably knows our offense better than anyone aside from mccoy. Lets not forget we still run our offense, but we have also mixed in a bunch of peytons offense. So there will be continuity in terms of scheme. That will be a big help. Plus, I can not help but think that gase has not seen how damn predictable we are and will shake things up. #playcalling

3rd and 7, I know we will run to kill clock, defense knows it, and everyone knows it.

TXBRONC
01-14-2013, 06:04 PM
I heard that the call from the sidelines was 3 straight run plays? Not saying what I heard was correct, just what I had heard. Who knows? Im willing to bet though that the calls were three straight runs. (once again, theme of the thread, I am not saying this is what cost us the game)

Yep, that is what i heard as well. As much as I want mccoy gone I am not that irrational to think that.

What we run is more like a 3-4 look with our DE out wide 9. Our boys upfront often times do have a two gap look. However, we are still primarily a 43 base. Dorsey, is more of a penetrater then a take on blockers run stuffer. Although he is not terrible at both. When we have our 5-2 look with von on the LE side, a guy like dorsey, has the skills like wolfe to sneak in and collapse the pocket and or force the QB from stepping up into Von and Doom. I think he would be great for us and would not cost much.

Yes, and I believe our offense will be even better. Talk about rich, it will be so sweet on the tongue when we are scoring 35+ points a game. Using knowshon on some screens and slowing the pass rush. Not running on every first down. Using some other PA plays and a pitch or toss to get hillman in space and to the outside.

You're grasping for things that are not there. Our defensive tackles play two gap not one. All you have to do is watch. No thanks to Dorsey.

Again you can't get much better than what they did this year. Weren't one those harping on how we need use the Colt style of offense and let Manning be Manning. I didn't watch the Colts much when Mannging was their starting quarterback but I do know he favors screens to his wide receivers. Now if you're one of Mannings BFFs maybe you can talk him into.

underrated29
01-14-2013, 09:16 PM
You're grasping for things that are not there. Our defensive tackles play two gap not one. All you have to do is watch. No thanks to Dorsey.

Again you can't get much better than what they did this year. Weren't one those harping on how we need use the Colt style of offense and let Manning be Manning. I didn't watch the Colts much when Mannging was their starting quarterback but I do know he favors screens to his wide receivers. Now if you're one of Mannings BFFs maybe you can talk him into.

I'm not sure what you ate getting at here tex? I'm confused man. We do not only run the two gap scheme and a player like Dorsey would be a great fit for us I think. Yes, our dts did wonderful. They did that without warren too. Even more impressive but I would still like another one or two more of them on our team. Just like cb, og, and MLB. You can never have too many ;)

TheMaulClaw
01-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Sorry about your loss guys. I'm a Panther fan. So I have been intrigued by your team ever since Fox and McCoy came there. I can honestly say that Fox's conservatism is what ultimately cost him his job here. In a way he's a good coach, but he can't get over the hump because he's just to damn stubborn. He cannot reform his old school approach to the game. He's going to play a prevent defense too early. If he has a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter he's going to run the ball despite how many defenders are in the box and he's late with making adjustments. I was rooting for you guys because I did want him to get a Superbowl we did have some good years with him. The problem that you guys may have that we had is developing a young QB to go behind Manning. Fox hates young QB's. He goes vet QB every time even if he's sacrificing talent. Obviously Peyton is Peyton but he's not getting any younger. Also we always had trouble developing players we drafted past the 3rd round when he was here.

As far as Mike McCoy goes.....when he was here he was our QB coach. His last pupil was Jimmy Clausen and that didn't turn out very well. Anyway good luck. Feel free to come over to our board Carolinahuddle.com. A lot of knowledgeable fans over there that can tell you a ton about John Fox.

Buff
01-15-2013, 01:54 AM
The logic in here is absurd. It's Manning's offense when things go right, and it's McCoy's offense when things go wrong? The guy is getting head coaching interviews with everyone who has an opening. Manning personally endorsed him as a HC. But we want him fired because our top 5 offense had a bad game?

Joel
01-15-2013, 03:39 AM
He's called plays from the time McD was fired to now. Do you even watch our games?
I watch most of our games, though it's not always easy over here. Last year Tebow taught HIM how to run a college offense specifically designed to place every decision in the QBs lap; this year he has Peyton Manning calling all the plays. Nice work if you can get it. It is always easier to blame McCoy than a popular QB though, be it Tebow or Manning.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2013, 03:46 AM
Sorry about your loss guys. I'm a Panther fan. So I have been intrigued by your team ever since Fox and McCoy came there. I can honestly say that Fox's conservatism is what ultimately cost him his job here. In a way he's a good coach, but he can't get over the hump because he's just to damn stubborn. He cannot reform his old school approach to the game. He's going to play a prevent defense too early. If he has a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter he's going to run the ball despite how many defenders are in the box and he's late with making adjustments. I was rooting for you guys because I did want him to get a Superbowl we did have some good years with him. The problem that you guys may have that we had is developing a young QB to go behind Manning. Fox hates young QB's. He goes vet QB every time even if he's sacrificing talent. Obviously Peyton is Peyton but he's not getting any younger. Also we always had trouble developing players we drafted past the 3rd round when he was here.

As far as Mike McCoy goes.....when he was here he was our QB coach. His last pupil was Jimmy Clausen and that didn't turn out very well. Anyway good luck. Feel free to come over to our board Carolinahuddle.com. A lot of knowledgeable fans over there that can tell you a ton about John Fox.

Iirc Clausen was drafted the same year as Tebow, McCoy was already in Denver.......

Simple Jaded
01-15-2013, 03:52 AM
I watch most of our games, though it's not always easy over here. Last year Tebow taught HIM how to run a college offense specifically designed to place every decision in the QBs lap; this year he has Peyton Manning calling all the plays. Nice work if you can get it. It is always easier to blame McCoy than a popular QB though, be it Tebow or Manning.

It's also easier to credit a popular QB than McCoy too, as Buff eluded to.......

rationalfan
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Iirc Clausen was drafted the same year as Tebow, McCoy was already in Denver.......

don't let facts get in the way of someone's biased argument.

rationalfan
01-15-2013, 10:45 AM

actually, there were several reports that john fox made the decision to switch the offense to the read option, and pulled from his experience with it in the past to build up the denver version they used.

while i imagine tebow certainly had a lot of input into the read option in denver (what starting QB wouldn't have a lot of influence on his offense?), i find it hard to believe that mccoy learned EVERYTHING about the scheme from tebow.

underrated29
01-15-2013, 10:49 AM
The logic in here is absurd. It's Manning's offense when things go right, and it's McCoy's offense when things go wrong? The guy is getting head coaching interviews with everyone who has an opening. Manning personally endorsed him as a HC. But we want him fired because our top 5 offense had a bad game?

To be fair I have wanted McCoy fired for three now. So please refrain from dumping me into the group that wants him gone because of our terrible game

Buff
01-15-2013, 10:57 AM
To be fair I have wanted McCoy fired for three now. So please refrain from dumping me into the group that wants him gone because of our terrible game

I think you are the most absurd of the group, to be fair.

underrated29
01-15-2013, 11:05 AM
I think you are the most absurd of the group, to be fair.

That's what people said about clay and mcdaniels. Just give it time. I wanted McCoy gone before mcdaniels. Hats how long I have not enjoyed him calling our plays.

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure what you ate getting at here tex? I'm confused man. We do not only run the two gap scheme and a player like Dorsey would be a great fit for us I think. Yes, our dts did wonderful. They did that without warren too. Even more impressive but I would still like another one or two more of them on our team. Just like cb, og, and MLB. You can never have too many ;)

I'm sorry it's confusing our defensive tackles play two gap when they are out there. From what I've seen Dorsey nothing convinces me that he would. Going with someone elses hot garbage isn't always the way to go.

Buff
01-15-2013, 11:22 AM
That's what people said about clay and mcdaniels. Just give it time. I wanted McCoy gone before mcdaniels. Hats how long I have not enjoyed him calling our plays.

Hey, I was wrong about Knowshon. We all have our personal hang ups.

underrated29
01-15-2013, 11:24 AM

Holy hell! Get MO in here quick so he can see this post!
Good form buff, good form.

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Holy hell! Get MO in here quick so he can see this post!
Good form buff, good form.

This isn't the first time he's mentioned it. It also doesn't take away from the fact when Fox was asked if this last chance to prove himself Fox said yes.

MOtorboat
01-15-2013, 12:32 PM

Knowshon is still nothing but an average back. Which is what I argued all along...

TXBRONC
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Knowshon is still nothing but an average back. Which is what I argued all along...

What? I thought you argued that Moreno was better than average.

MOtorboat
01-15-2013, 12:50 PM

Probably after his second year, when he was 20th in total yards over the course of those two season. His third year I thought I backed off that assessment some.

I haven't done the math, but I'd be curious as to where he came out in the last six games in terms of total yards...I'm guessing around 15th...

Az Snake
01-15-2013, 01:35 PM

Hope MCcoy goes to the Chargers. He will suck as a head coach

True, Peyton took the rap at the presser.
He also took one for the team.
What was he going to do, slam the OC ?

I've seen in Manning's face his disgust with the calls all season.
Peyton takes the blame for the calls, endorses McCoy for HC.

McCoy gets hired. Thanks Peyton. Good bye McCoy !!!

MOtorboat
01-15-2013, 11:34 PM

Interesting numbers...

Of running backs in the last six games of the season (Weeks 11-16)

Moreno was 3rd in total yards and fifth in rushing yards. So I was about 10 spots too low.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Interesting numbers...

Of running backs in the last six games of the season (Weeks 11-16)

Moreno was 3rd in total yards and fifth in rushing yards. So I was about 10 spots too low.

Just to be clear, I wasn't calling out I was just surprised that you would say he was average.

That's pretty good but is some of it due to the fact it was weeks 11-16?

MOtorboat
01-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Just to be clear, I wasn't calling out I was just surprised that you would say he was average.

That's pretty good but is some of it due to the fact it was weeks 11-16?

Likely.

TXBRONC
01-16-2013, 11:05 AM

True, Peyton took the rap at the presser.
He also took one for the team.
What was he going to do, slam the OC ?

I've seen in Manning's face his disgust with the calls all season.
Peyton takes the blame for the calls, endorses McCoy for HC.

McCoy gets hired. Thanks Peyton. Good bye McCoy !!!

I watched the same pressers you have I don't know how anyone can come to conclusion any supposed disgust as him being pissed at McCoy.

If Manning has the freedom to audible to any play he wants to at any time it's then it goes against the grain to say he was forced to into running the ball in that situation. Manning would know the situation and know about how much time would be left on the clock if they had to put the ball away. The only thing you couldn't account for is punt.