PDA

View Full Version : the good news is

underrated29
01-12-2013, 08:54 PM
That we will not have to deal with the pathetic play calling of mike mccoy anymore. No more playing not to lose, like say a first down to win the game, and no more predictablility. Next year we will be crazy good on offense.

spanishbronco
01-12-2013, 08:59 PM
the good news are... we will play the PROBOWL!!!

NO:defense:

OrangeFanatic
01-12-2013, 09:03 PM
The good news is maybe Peyton will realize hes a playoff choker and just give up so we don't have to go through three more years of this.

Northman
01-12-2013, 09:04 PM
ITs never good news for me when you grab hold of homefield advantage and then lose the first playoff game. Im happy we had a solid year but just like 2005 we blew a huge opportunity. Great teams take advantage of their opportunities and we didnt. Sadly.

G_Money
01-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Still unbelievable to me that, KNOWING all you need is a first down to win the game, that you CHOOSE not to. You abdicate responsibility and you live with the consequences.

Welcome to the consequences.

~G

Nomad
01-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Fvck that.....I'd rather lose to in the SB by 45 than a ****** like Lewis at home in the playoffs...this stings.

ATLbroNCO
01-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Terrible conservative play calling. Play to win the game

broncobryce
01-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Still unbelievable to me that, KNOWING all you need is a first down to win the game, that you CHOOSE not to. You abdicate responsibility and you live with the consequences.

~G

This. You don't trust a four time MVP to throw a complete pass? Mind blowing.

G_Money
01-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Nothing says McCoy gets another job, u29. He may very well be back.

Fingers crossed for him to get hired somewhere else. Though Manning could have always said, "I feel like throwing for the first down, thanks anyway."

Everyone chose to lose this game. Bad reffing for much of the game did not help, but when you have the opportunity to win the game, WIN IT. :mad:

~G

BigDaddyBronco
01-12-2013, 09:16 PM

~G
If you are not gutsy enough to go for the win you will probably lose. Happens all the time with prevent defenses. We finally got caught by the overly cautious John Fox, he was going to reveal his ugly head at some point. There it was.

G_Money
01-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Yep, we ran a prevent offense at the end of the game and lost because of it.

~G

Dirk
01-12-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm just completely sick over this. Ugh!

underrated29
01-12-2013, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=G_Money;1836440]Nothing says McCoy gets another job, u29. He may very well be back.

Fingers crossed for him to get hired somewhere else. Though Manning could have always said, "I feel like throwing for the first down, thanks anyway."

Everyone chose to lose this game. Bad reffing for much of the game did nuot help, but when you have the opportunity to win the game, WIN IT. :mad:

~G[/QUOTE

Oh he will not be here next year guaranteed. I will not suffer through another year of pathetic mccoy. No thank you.

broken12
01-12-2013, 09:24 PM
The good news is elway has a chance spend some money sure up the middle of the field a mlb that does not come off the field and dt who can disrupt the middle.of the pocket

G_Money
01-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Good news is teams that do want him are able to get together with him and complete the deal. No more waiting.

Maybe that was the real reason for the prevent offense. "I want my second interview. Screw the Seattle DC, he can keep playing if he wants to and lose out on the gig. Run the ball again!"

~G

G_Money
01-12-2013, 09:25 PM
The good news is elway has a chance spend some money sure up the middle of the field a mlb that does not come off the field and dt who can disrupt the middle.of the pocket

We've had that chance the last couple of years and passed. Third year's the charm?

~G

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm just completely sick over this. Ugh!

We all are I think. Literally. After the Rahim shit the bed I ran to the bathroom. I didn't actually vomit but it was close.

Fisher1
01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
I was thinking, "I have a Peyton Manning (or a John Elway) so I can run or THROW".... boy, did my heart sink with the choice that was made. Of course, I was also wanting to ask, "Why the heck are we playing a 'prevent defense?'"

Dirk
01-12-2013, 09:39 PM
We need to draft a stud running back if all they want to do is run the ball...

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm sure everyone watching knew what was going to happen when they ran on that 3rd and 7. It crossed your mind that the broncos coaching were playing waaay too conservative for a playoff game it would come back to haunt them. And when it happened we knew how the rest of the game would play out. I've been a bronco fan since '87. I've seen this shit before with Reeves. I know how playing not to lose looks.

dogfish
We need to draft a stud running back if all they want to do is run the ball...

or better yet, an interior OL who can move somebody in the run game. . .

G_Money
I'll take both those things, dog.

Dirk
01-12-2013, 09:45 PM
or better yet, an interior OL who can move somebody in the run game. . .

Yea we need that as well.

Simple Jaded
01-12-2013, 09:48 PM
The good news is maybe Peyton will realize hes a playoff choker and just give up so we don't have to go through three more years of this.

That's what you got outta this game? One bad pass?.......

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Can't even think about it. Fill holes and whatnot but Manning is one year older. Will this team with Manning ever have this good a look at the Super Bowl, with home field throughout?

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Manning will play 2 more years tops. It's like all the veteran players said before the game, these opportunities don't come around often. They're rare and you have to make the most of them. In 2 years we'll have Brock or someone else and basically you can count on another 3-4 years before a super bowl appearance. Everyone from Elway to fox to Champ knows there is only a 3 year window to win a championship with manning...and 1 year is down now.

Simple Jaded
01-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Instead of counting down how much time I have to watch Manning in a Broncos uniform I prefer to just enjoy it while it lasts.......

DenBronx
01-12-2013, 10:47 PM
I will never understand the choice to run it when a pass would have ended the game. Fox, McCoy or Manning...whoevers decision it was to run it...you just made alot of fans very sad today.

chaoticmayhem
01-12-2013, 10:58 PM
I will never understand the choice to run it when a pass would have ended the game. Fox, McCoy or Manning...whoevers decision it was to run it...you just made alot of fans very sad today.

manning said it was the play they called in from the sideline at the time (assuming McCoy with Fox not overriding the decision) and he understood it as trying to run the clock down. It was said in his post game press conference. So basically, Manning was following orders as I suspected.

underrated29
01-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Like i said and have been fir 3the years now. Mccoy is terri le! Im not sure how anyone cannot still see it. Just glad that we will be rid of him and not sure why it took so many people so long to see it.

Simple Jaded
01-13-2013, 12:49 AM
Like i said and have been fir 3the years now. Mccoy is terri le! Im not sure how anyone cannot still see it. Just glad that we will be rid of him and not sure why it took so many people so long to see it.

I kinda think he will be back, don't you?.......

BroncoNut
01-13-2013, 12:59 AM
I want to see how good brock is eventually. like kinda soon actually.. iow, do we maybe need to think about drafting a qb in 2 years if available to do so?

I Eat Staples
01-13-2013, 02:39 AM
You're blaming MCCOY for running it on 3rd and 7?

Sorry, but like it or not that's John Fox. I personally have no problem with it. 9 out of 10 teams will run the ball in that situation if the opponent has no timeouts. You have to trust the defense not to **** up like they did tonight. Moore made a terrible mistake, but if we're in that situation again Fox will do the same thing and our defense won't blow it.

Chef Zambini
01-13-2013, 03:23 AM
we did not coach with confidense
we did not play or perform with confidense. our D looked timid.
IRONIC that only HOLIDAY played with wreckless abandon and he was rewarded for not being afraid.
we gave up a long TD pass in the laST MINUTE OF EACH HALF! pop warner teams dont do that!