PDA

View Full Version : What happened to our defense?

Northman
01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
And why are they not helping Champ out? HE is getting owned.

MasterShake
01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
He had good coverage on that last TD, just bad body control. Safeties need to stay home.

Ravage!!!
01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Other than Champ getting beat, our defesnse has looked really good. They havent' converted a single 3rd down conversion.

dbamazing
01-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Boltomore but a bronco fan??

dbamazing
01-12-2013, 06:35 PM
I know right

Northman
01-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Boltomore but a bronco fan??

Yep.

dbamazing
01-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Elvis dumervill

spanishbronco
01-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Son unos hijos de puta, no tiene otra palabra.

Simple Jaded
01-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Say what you want about the D but the only way Denver was losing this game was if they turned the ball over. Whether those TO's were legitimate or not that's exactly what happened.......

vettesplus
01-12-2013, 11:06 PM
And why are they not helping Champ out? HE is getting old.

fixed

wayninja
01-12-2013, 11:34 PM
No pressure on the QB = Exposure of how bad our secondary really is.

NightTerror218
01-12-2013, 11:51 PM
How come my Miller was in coverage so much and not rushing very much. Not many blitzes, defense did not look same. Stupids mistakes and penalties

wayninja
01-12-2013, 11:52 PM
I did see him trying to blitz, seemed Oher was doing pretty well against him.

NightTerror218
01-12-2013, 11:56 PM
I did see him trying to blitz, seemed Oher was doing pretty well against him.

I saw him line up like he would then defend against run.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 12:02 AM
I saw him line up like he would then defend against run.

I guess let's split the difference and say he did both.

Chef Zambini
01-13-2013, 02:53 AM
our D played their worst game of the season.
minimal pressure on the QB, poor secondary, pathetic performance in the last minute of each half, pathetic !
Pow warner team would be embarassed to allow those late long TDs at the end of each half, just pathetic and inexcusable.
Easily the worst game they have played all year !

Tebowtime2011
01-13-2013, 03:32 AM
I can't wait for quinton carter to become healthy again I really liked her played last season and I want to see more of him.

Tebowtime2011
01-13-2013, 03:36 AM
No pressure on the QB = Exposure of how bad our secondary really is. our secondary isn't bad actually. You can't play man defense when your d-line is getting no pressure because that us the biggest hole in man defense. In order to play successful man defense you have to at least collapse the pocket.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 12:01 PM
our secondary isn't bad actually. You can't play man defense when your d-line is getting no pressure because that us the biggest hole in man defense. In order to play successful man defense you have to at least collapse the pocket.

which is interesting because that's exactly how they held Torrey to 1 catch and Bolden to no catches in the previous game. They played bump/man coverage. They also sent blitzes at Flacco and had him rattled. They changed the way they play for this game. Maybe they thought they could confuse the ravens but all it did is confuse them. There were several plays where the Denver secondary was still shifting around at the last second because nobody knew where they were supposed to be. Inexcusable.

Simple Jaded
01-13-2013, 12:03 PM
I can't wait for quinton carter to become healthy again I really liked her played last season and I want to see more of him.

You thought Moore took a bad angle last night? Apparently you haven't seen Carter.......

Tebowtime2011
01-13-2013, 01:35 PM

You thought Moore took a bad angle last night? Apparently you haven't seen Carter....... I have and I liked what I seen out of him a hard hitting safety. And moore didn't just take a bad angle he could have at least got there in time if he opened his hips and ran, but he did a horrible awkward backpedal. Not only that but moore didn't make a good play all game. I'm not saying it's all moore's fault but he has to share the blame because that is the one thing that can't happen in that situation. I never imagined anything like that could happen he needed to just focus on his job and not be a hero and he couldnt do it.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 01:42 PM
our secondary isn't bad actually. You can't play man defense when your d-line is getting no pressure because that us the biggest hole in man defense. In order to play successful man defense you have to at least collapse the pocket.

Our secondary isn't that bad, or wasn't that bad last night? One of those is definitely true.

And that's basically rewording what I said. If you don't get pressure in man coverage, your man coverage has to be really good. We didn't, and it wasn't.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 01:48 PM
I could be wrong, and I just might be the only who thinks this but.. Champ Bailey NEEDS to move to FS or just retire. Torey Smith torched him on almost every play that was thrown to Torey. That was despicable and Champ Bailey's reputation has been tarnished because of it. We need to go DB hard in this draft. Von Miller and Dumervil were a no show last night. No pass rush, but our run D was terrific, except for the one time Ray Rice broke free where he eventually ended up scoring.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 01:52 PM
I could be wrong, and I just might be the only who thinks this but.. Champ Bailey NEEDS to move to FS or just retire. Torey Smith torched him on almost every play that was thrown to Torey. That was despicable and Champ Bailey's reputation has been tarnished because of it. We need to go DB hard in this draft. Von Miller and Dumervil were a no show last night. No pass rush, but our run D was terrific, except for the one time Ray Rice broke free where he eventually ended up scoring.

It seems like every year for the last few there have been "Move Champ to FS" threads after he has a bad or mediocre game. I usually resist those threads, but this game may have broken my will on the subject.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 01:54 PM
It seems like every year for the last few there have been "Move Champ to FS" threads after he has a bad or mediocre game. I usually resist those threads, but this game may have broken my will on the subject.

Well look at it as a positive thing, he could've replaced Rahim Moore and could have potentially won the game for us xD. Just watching Richard Sherman for the Seahawks right now.. if we had that guy on our team... *sigh* I'm not gonna go there, but you know what I mean.

Chef Zambini
01-13-2013, 02:03 PM
which is interesting because that's exactly how they held Torrey to 1 catch and Bolden to no catches in the previous game. They played bump/man coverage. They also sent blitzes at Flacco and had him rattled. They changed the way they play for this game. Maybe they thought they could confuse the ravens but all it did is confuse them. There were several plays where the Denver secondary was still shifting around at the last second because nobody knew where they were supposed to be. Inexcusable.
BINGO! like the steelers did last year against us, we coached ourselves out of a winning, aggressive performance!
who was that team out there?

wayninja
01-13-2013, 02:04 PM
BINGO! like the steelers did last year against us, we coached ourselves out of a winning, aggressive performance!
who was that team out there?

We beat the steelers last year...

Chef Zambini
01-13-2013, 02:19 PM
QBs and offenses will always attack the weakest link. for years now champs rep and the weak link on the other side of the field has allowed champ to live off his rep, to avoid having to prove himself in games.
I did not say he stinks or anything close to that, I am just saying that he is not the god al;mighty that many folks around here think he is, and next year he will see more balls, and more challenges.

we could use a great centerfielder, a guy who has the ball skills, experience and tackling ability to take away the deep ball, not just follow one guy to the bathroom.
I think some of you will allow yourselves to recognize that champ is no longer tyhe shut down corner you want him to be.
but champ will have to ask his ego to take a seat in the back,
I dont see that happening.

Chef Zambini
01-13-2013, 02:21 PM
We beat the steelers last year...exactly, because the steelers didnt play steelers defense !

wayninja
01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
exactly, because the steelers didnt play steelers defense !

I think I understand you now, I thought you were saying we coached ourselves out of a winning performance in the steelers game. But you are saying we coached not to lose last night, like the steelers did in their loss to us last year?

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Champ has already stated a move to safety is not one he wants to do. I personally think he's still a good corner but clearly lost a few steps. I'm torn because I don't know if it would hurt the team to move him or help. Who would replace him at that position? He's still the best corner the Broncos have. He either needs safety help with the speedier receivers, move him or take our chances.

Simple Jaded
01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
If Bailey were near as bad as some of you think he wouldn't be given a choice in whether or not he's moved to S.......

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Champ has already stated a move to safety is not one he wants to do. I personally think he's still a good corner but clearly lost a few steps. I'm torn because I don't know if it would hurt the team to move him or help. Who would replace him at that position? He's still the best corner the Broncos have. He either needs safety help with the speedier receivers, move him or take our chances.

Then he's demoted to 2nd CB, he just flat out can't keep up with receivers with speed. I think Boldin and Bailey would be a perfect matchup since Boldin slower compared to Smith.

SR
01-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Then he's demoted to 2nd CB.

Think about what you just said.

Northman
01-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Then he's demoted to 2nd CB, he just flat out can't keep up with receivers with speed. I think Boldin and Bailey would be a perfect matchup since Boldin slower compared to Smith.

Should Miller be demoted too? He was non-existent yesterday.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Think about what you just said.

I did, and? I don't think he can hang with #1 receivers anymore.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Should Miller be demoted too? He was non-existent yesterday.

No cause Von is a 2nd year pro who isn't slow doing with age because hes young. Champ is 34. Atleast Von got a sack yesterday ;)

EDIT: Wasn't trying to be smug, Von played like garbage. Everyone knows that.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 03:32 PM

You can't demote him. He's still the best corner the Broncos have and most likely still the fastest.

SR
01-13-2013, 03:35 PM
I did, and? I don't think he can hang with #1 receivers anymore.

Then please elaborate on that. Aside from last night and against the Bengals, how many number one receivers did he get beat by? PLEASE answer this. I'm BEGGING you.

SR
01-13-2013, 03:36 PM
You can't demote him. He's still the best corner the Broncos have and most likely still the fastest.

At this point I think Carter and Boldin are probably both faster in a straight line than Bailey, but they can't cover half as well.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 03:36 PM

With Chris Harris performance this season, I think you could make a case. I just hope we draft a corner high in the draft. We need a Richard Sherman.

SR
01-13-2013, 03:38 PM
With Chris Harris performance this season, I think you could make a case. I just hope we draft a corner high in the draft. We need a Richard Sherman.

Richard Sherman is getting dominated by Roddy White today.

Northman
01-13-2013, 03:38 PM
If Atlanta doesnt score here it wont matter.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Chris Harris looks good because he doesn't cover the other team's best receiver. You can't base anything on that other than to say he covers the 2nd option very well.

SR
01-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Chris Harris looks good because he doesn't cover the other team's best receiver. You can't base anything on that other than to say he covers the 2nd option very well.

That's not a really good argument at all. Remember Andre Goodman? He got dominated for two years by #2 receivers. Harris is a find. Don't mistake that.

Chef Zambini
01-13-2013, 03:44 PM
You can't demote him. He's still the best corner the Broncos have and most likely still the fastest.that may be true, but it does not mean he is a wise choice to leave alone with the opponnets top wr one on one.
if he is a corner who NEEDS sdafety help over the top, then I think he has more value as a safety, allowing his smarts, whits, ball skills, tackling technique and instincts to help him dominate a game, something he is INCAPABLE of doing as a corner!
champ cant dominate a game as a corner, at best he eliminates one receiver...at best.
as a safety he can return to being the ball hawking, intercepting, blitzing, run support that would make him once again the lynch-pin of our defense.
not unlike palomalo and reed and the other great safeties of the league who anchor their teams defenses.
But champ has to allow it, so it will never happen.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Richard Sherman is getting dominated by Roddy White today.

Roddy White imho is better than Torey Smith, and Richard Sherman has limited him to 76 yds and a TD. Richard Sherman broke up a play to Julio Jones that wouldn've been a TD if he didn't stick with Julio Jones who is a speed demon. Richard Sherman is a beast..

SR
01-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Roddy White imho is better than Torey Smith, and Richard Sherman has limited him to 76 yds and a TD. Richard Sherman broke up a play to Julio Jones that wouldn've been a TD if he didn't stick with Julio Jones who is a speed demon. Richard Sherman is a beast..

Smith is faster. Limited to 76 and a TD? Laughing out loud.

SR

Are you gonna answer my question?

VonMiller58

Why are you overlooking #2 receivers? Anquan Boldin could be a #1 receiver on 50% of the teams in the NFL. Julio Jones could be a #1 receiver and yet is a #2.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Smith is faster. Limited to 76 and a TD? Laughing out loud.

Torey Smith 98 yds 2 TDS. Would've been two since Champ got burnt again but lucked out because the ball was slightly over thrown. I think you know the play I'm talking about.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Are you gonna answer my question?

I'd love to if you could point to me in the direction of where I can find out how many TDs champ allowed to all 16 teams we played this season, and show me how many Chris Harris allowed.

I'm not a huge stats freak and I'm searching NFL.com under Champ Baileys 2012 stats and I'm not seeing it, either I'm blind or it isnt there.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 03:54 PM
That's not a really good argument at all. Remember Andre Goodman? He got dominated for two years by #2 receivers. Harris is a find. Don't mistake that.

I'm not saying he's not. I just don't think he's as good as Champ but I guess we'll never know unless he's put in the position of having to cover the other team's no.1 on an island.

SR
01-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I'd love to if you could point to me in the direction of where I can find out how many TDs champ allowed to all 16 teams we played this season, and show me how many Chris Harris allowed.

I'm not a huge stats freak and I'm searching NFL.com under Champ Baileys 2012 stats and I'm not seeing it, either I'm blind or it isnt there.

If you can't find the stats, your argument is void. The answer is the only other time he was burned was against Cinci and was lit up by AJ Green. He shut down just about everyone else he lined up against. Man coverage is what to look for. In man coverage he was as water tight as a bullfrog's ass.

SR
01-13-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm not saying he's not. I just don't think he's as good as Champ but I guess we'll never know unless he's put in the position of having to cover the other team's no.1 on an island.

As good as Champ is an unfair measuring stick.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
If you can't find the stats, your argument is void. The answer is the only other time he was burned was against Cinci and was lit up by AJ Green. He shut down just about everyone else he lined up against. Man coverage is what to look for. In man coverage he was as water tight as a bullfrog's ass.

I just have 0 confidence when hes lined up against a fast receiver. 0 confidence.

SR
01-13-2013, 04:08 PM
I just have 0 confidence when hes lined up against a fast receiver. 0 confidence.

Then you're football ignorant. In man coverage this year he locked up Roddy White, Julio Jones, Dwayne Bowe, Malcolm Floyd, Andre Johnson, among others. He slipped in two out of 17 games.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Then you're football ignorant. In man coverage this year he locked up Roddy White, Julio Jones, Dwayne Bowe, Malcolm Floyd, Andre Johnson, among others. He slipped in two out of 17 games.

He slipped in the most important game in the season. You expect that out of a 2nd year pro, not out of your veteran corner. I have nothing against Champ, but how long can you rely on a 34 yr old corner to get the job done against #1 receivers.

SR
01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
He slipped in the most important game in the season. You expect that out of a 2nd year pro, not out of your veteran corner. I have nothing against Champ, but how long can you rely on a 34 yr old corner to get the job done against #1 receivers.

Yep. He sure did. He screwed the pooch. But he's still the best corner on the team and still one of the best in the league despite it. You have a lot against Champ, obviously.

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2013, 04:28 PM
I will say this. I could care less about "winning one for Champ" now. I really respect the man for staying in Denver when the whole place was burning down. Fabulous player and person.

But he's not a champion. He isn't clutch. He was as big a factor in yesterday's loss as anyone. That was his moment and he didn't deliver.

Don't hate him, don't want to cut him, he's just not clutch. Some guys aren't.

SR
01-13-2013, 04:30 PM
I will say this. I could care less about "winning one for Champ" now. I really respect the man for staying in Denver when the whole place was burning down. Fabulous player and person.

But he's not a champion. He isn't clutch. He was as big a factor in yesterday's loss as anyone. That was his moment and he didn't deliver.

Funny how after all the clutch plays he has made and all the great plays he has made on this team, people like you somehow forget about all of that and hinge your entire opinion on one game. Get a grip.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Yep. He sure did. He screwed the pooch. But he's still the best corner on the team and still one of the best in the league despite it. You have a lot against Champ, obviously.

Lol right now, yes I do. He lost us a playoff game.

SR
01-13-2013, 04:54 PM

Your opinions are wildly unrealistic.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Your opinions are wildly unrealistic.

How is that unrealistic. He was one of the factors that contributed to a playoff loss. Had he covered Torey Smith like he was supposed to during one of those TD catches, the game is over. Why is that unrealistic?

Northman
01-13-2013, 04:56 PM
I know it doesnt always speak to the quality of a poster but i really cant take these fly by night posters seriously. Its one thing if your around the entire season or even longer on here but the johnny come lately's are just laughable to me.

SR
How is that unrealistic. He was one of the factors that contributed to a playoff loss. Had he covered Torey Smith during one of those TD catches, the game is over. Why is that unrealistic?

There were about a half dozen things that collectively lost the game. Placing the blame solely on Bailey just shows you're out of touch.

SR
I know it doesnt always speak to the quality of a poster but i really cant take these fly by night posters seriously. Its one thing if your around the entire season or even longer on here but the johnny come lately's are just laughable to me.

Yep

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 05:13 PM

So what? Doesn't take anything away from us being long time Broncos fans. Because I decided to sign up a year ago as opposed to 2008, I have little credibility? I was a member on the official broncos website forum since 2006 and I never felt that way towards anyone who decided to sign up. You're just plain arrogant.

Sorry I don't have 32,176 posts like you do lol.. like come on. Boasting because you signed up in 2008 isn't that special. But I guess some people need to feel more superior than others in life.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 05:17 PM
There were about a half dozen things that collectively lost the game. Placing the blame solely on Bailey just shows you're out of touch.

I've stated in many posts on this forum there were many reasons why the Broncos lost, Matt Praters missed FG, 2 INTs, a fumble by manning, Rahim Moore, etc. But we were talking about Champ Bailey, and only Champ Bailey. Why would I bring up Matt Praters terrible FG? It's obvious you have a hard on for Champ Bailey, and you think hes good against below .500 teams such as the Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, Panthers, and Chargers. I like Champ Bailey as much as the next guy, I'm just severely disappointed in his performance in a huge game, hes the veteran of this defense, the guy you're supposed to depend on. There`s absolutely nothing wrong with questioning Champ`s ability to cover #1 receivers in the NFL after last nights performance.

chaoticmayhem
01-13-2013, 05:20 PM

At one point an old-timer thought the same thing about you. And like Von up there I was a member on the official site since 2004. Bronco fan since '87. You can't go by statistics...we should all know that by now

Simple Jaded
01-13-2013, 05:23 PM
At one point an old-timer thought the same thing about you.

I doubt that.......

SR
01-13-2013, 05:32 PM
So what? Doesn't take anything away from us being long time Broncos fans. Because I decided to sign up a year ago as opposed to 2008, I have little credibility? I was a member on the official broncos website forum since 2006 and I never felt that way towards anyone who decided to sign up. You're just plain arrogant.

Sorry I don't have 32,176 posts like you do lol.. like come on. Boasting because you signed up in 2008 isn't that special. But I guess some people need to feel more superior than others in life.

It has more to do with the fact that your football analysis is less than amateur.

Northman
01-13-2013, 05:37 PM

Post count has nothing to do with it. Do i feel superior to you because i understand that Bailey wasnt the only problem yesterday? Absolutely. I dont need a post count to prove your idiocy in this thread.

Northman
01-13-2013, 05:38 PM
At one point an old-timer thought the same thing about you. And like Von up there I was a member on the official site since 2004. Bronco fan since '87. You can't go by statistics...we should all know that by now

Been a Bronco fan since 82'. Barking up the wrong tree champ.

Northman
01-13-2013, 05:39 PM
It has more to do with the fact that your football analysis is less than amateur.

Maybe Mayhem can learn from this post. Nevermind the fact that i did put a disclaimer at the beginning of my initial post anyway. Reading comprehension goes a long way.

SR
01-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Been a Bronco fan since 82'. Barking up the wrong tree champ.

Been one since the day I was born! What now!? Pissing match yay!

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 05:41 PM

You're no better bud. I've spent enough time on forums to know what you kind of person you're like. I provided a reason as to why Champ Baileys number 1 spot should be under review this off season and that is considered less than amateurish? Give me a break and get a life. Just because you don't like hearing something doesn't make it not true. Should I cover my eyes and shout "lalalalalalalalala" when you post something? For someone with a lot of posts on this forum, I thought you would have had a bit more class.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Post count has nothing to do with it. Do i feel superior to you because i understand that Bailey wasnt the only problem yesterday? Absolutely. I dont need a post count to prove your idiocy in this thread.

You need to get your eyes fixed if you don't think Champ Bailey wasn't part of the problem yesterday. Fail, absolute fail. You must think the sun shines out of Bailey's ass as well.

SR
01-13-2013, 05:43 PM
You're no better bud. I've spent enough time on forums to know what you kind of person you're like. I provided a reason as to why Champ Baileys number 1 spot should be under review this off season and that is considered less than amateurish? Give me a break and get a life. Just because you don't like hearing something doesn't make it not true. Should I cover my eyes and shout "lalalalalalalalala" when you post something? For someone with a lot of posts on this forum, I thought you would have had a bit more class.

I know numbers. I'm a stat guy. Just don't care to go post info that has already been posted here just because you don't know WTF you're talking about. I never pretended to be classy, but I do know what I'm talking about and I'm pretty objective about it.

Northman
You need to get your eyes fixed if you don't think Champ Bailey wasn't part of the problem yesterday. Fail, absolute fail. You must think the sun shines out of Bailey's ass as well.

I never said Bailey wasnt part of the problem. I just said he wasnt the ONLY problem which is what you've been laying at our feet here.

SR

No one said he wasn't part of the problem. He wasn't THE problem.

Northman
01-13-2013, 05:44 PM
No one said he wasn't part of the problem. He wasn't THE problem.

Run Forest Run!

SR
01-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Run Forest Run!

I'm not a smart man BUT I KNOW WHAT LOVE IS

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
You try to state your opinion on here, and you get ****** who try to belittle you for having an opinion on a player.

Northman
01-13-2013, 05:53 PM
You try to state your opinion on here, and you get ******** who try to belittle you for having an opinion on a player.

So wait, your upset now because you laid the entire loss at Bailey's feet and when we try to explain to you how thats not possible you get upset because we think you are ******** for having that thought process? Really?

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 05:55 PM
So wait, your upset now because you laid the entire loss at Bailey's feet and when we try to explain to you how thats not possible you get upset because we think you are retarded for having that thought process? Really?

I've said many times again, I didn't pin the entire loss on Bailey, only a fraction. Obviously not reading posts correctly isn't one of your strong points. Nice one, calling someone "retarded" really solidifies your argument.

Way to treat fellow Broncos fans with respect btw.

Northman
01-13-2013, 06:01 PM
I've said many times again, I didn't pin the entire loss on Bailey, only a fraction. Obviously not reading posts correctly isn't one of your strong points. Nice one, calling someone "retarded" really solidifies your argument.

Just went back and re-read your posts in this thread. Nowhere to you state there were other problems yesterday. In fact, in this one post you made an excuse defending Miller.

No cause Von is a 2nd year pro who isn't slow doing with age because hes young. Champ is 34. Atleast Von got a sack yesterday

And this is what you posted in post #62

You sir, are a liar.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 06:05 PM
I've stated in many posts on this forum there were many reasons why the Broncos lost, Matt Praters missed FG, 2 INTs, a fumble by manning, Rahim Moore, etc. But we were talking about Champ Bailey, and only Champ Bailey. Why would I bring up Matt Praters terrible FG? It's obvious you have a hard on for Champ Bailey, and you think hes good against below .500 teams such as the Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, Panthers, and Chargers. I like Champ Bailey as much as the next guy, I'm just severely disappointed in his performance in a huge game, hes the veteran of this defense, the guy you're supposed to depend on. There`s absolutely nothing wrong with questioning Champ`s ability to cover #1 receivers in the NFL after last nights performance.

Just went back and re-read your posts in this thread. Nowhere to you state there were other problems yesterday. In fact, in this one post you made an excuse defending Miller.

You sir, are a liar.

There I told you I had stated it on this forum, and then I stated it again in that post.

Northman
01-13-2013, 06:07 PM
I wasnt reading the other threads, im talking about this one. So seeing how you have to different stances which one is it? Do you blame Champ or dont you?

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 06:08 PM
No cause Von is a 2nd year pro who isn't slow doing with age because hes young. Champ is 34. Atleast Von got a sack yesterday ;)

EDIT: Wasn't trying to be smug, Von played like garbage. Everyone knows that.

You sir, are a liar.

I edited myself immediately after I defended Von, because I was making light of the situation and decided maybe you wouldn't catch on.

SR
01-13-2013, 06:09 PM

Way to treat fellow Broncos fans with respect btw.

Not posting properly isn't one of your strong points. If you want to be treated with respect come to the site and offer something besides emotionally driven banter. Come here with some knowledge and not a bunch of accusations. Oh and calling two of the more respected posters here "ass hats" isn't a good way to go either.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 06:10 PM
I wasnt reading the other threads, im talking about this one. So seeing how you have to different stances which one is it? Do you blame Champ or dont you?

Even that post I just referenced suggested I didn't just solely blame it on Champ. I said we're talking about Champ and only Champ at the moment.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Not posting properly isn't one of your strong points. If you want to be treated with respect come to the site and offer something besides emotionally driven banter. Come here with some knowledge and not a bunch of accusations. Oh and calling two of the more respected posters here "ass hats" isn't a good way to go either.

Two of the more respected posters? You've got to be kidding. You guys have not proven you deserve any respect.

Northman
01-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Even that post I just referenced suggested I didn't just solely blame it on Champ. I said we're talking about Champ and only Champ at the moment.

But you still said in post 62 that you blame him for the loss. Why make the statement?

Northman
01-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Two of the more respected posters? You've got to be kidding. You guys have not proven you deserve any respect.

I agree. Im not respected at all. Im ******* hated like the plague. SR however, is the forums love child.

SR
01-13-2013, 06:13 PM

You've been here long enough and posted here long enough to form an educated opinion? Grats bruh

SR
01-13-2013, 06:13 PM
I agree. Im not respected at all. Im ******* hated like the plague. SR however, is the forums love child.

LOL. You're full of shyte

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 06:16 PM
But you still said in post 62 that you blame him for the loss. Why make the statement?

Because I said to SeeingRed, we're talking ONLY about Champ Bailey right now. I will admit post #62 I drifted off. I will take that back, and like I said before, I blame a fraction of the game on Champ Bailey.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 06:17 PM
You've been here long enough and posted here long enough to form an educated opinion? Grats bruh

Well like it or not, I can post on here as much as I want and there isn't much you can do. Sorry "bruh"

Northman
01-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Because I said to SeeingRed, we're talking ONLY about Champ Bailey right now. I will admit post #62 I drifted off. I will take that back, and like I said before, I blame a fraction of the game on Champ Bailey.

Ok, case cleared. Welcome to the titty twister......errr Broncosforums.

wayninja
01-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Bailey played like shit. He was one of many who played like shit. Case closed, glad I cleared it up for you guys.

VonMiller58
01-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Bailey played like shit. He was one of many who played like shit. Case closed, glad I cleared it up for you guys.

High five, cased closed.

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2013, 06:44 PM

Funny how after all the clutch plays he has made and all the great plays he has made on this team, people like you somehow forget about all of that and hinge your entire opinion on one game. Get a grip.

I respect you but we disagree on this. Champions play like champions at these moments. Bailey had a key pick 6 in the playoffs eons ago. Solid regular season player for a long time. Hooray.

He got scorched yesterday to say the least. Safety over the top, blah blah. Refs allowing pushing blah blah. Torrey Smith isn't Randy Moss in his prime. Champ is a HOFer and his performance was not what it needed to be in a most important moment.

Unfortunately when he puts on his HOF jacket what will probably come to my mind is Torrey Smith tearing him a new ******* in the playoffs.

I would probably list Moore as the biggest reason for the loss with Bailey second, and about 7 things after that.

ShaneFalco
01-13-2013, 07:50 PM
All i know is, that a highschool safety wouldnt have made the mistake Rahim "The Dream" Moore made.

Northman
01-13-2013, 07:51 PM
All i know is, that a highschool safety wouldnt have made the mistake Rahim "The Dream" Moore made.

Coming from a Rams fan i guess that means a lot.

ShaneFalco
01-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Rams basically got highschoolers playing safety

Davii
01-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Rams basically got highschoolers playing safety

Congratulations, you identified the problem. Step two is fixing it.

Dapper Dan
01-14-2013, 06:03 AM
We obviously didn't look like the number 2 defense in the NFL.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2013, 01:11 PM
champ FAILED at being the shut-down corner that a handful of you continue to say he is.
he was exposed. and unless we bring back goodman to play on the other side, he will continue to be challenged and exposed.
watch out for the crocodiles, all you champ enthusiasts/ apologists.
Lets see if his ego will allow us to use his talents in a far more productive manner next year. if not, we can expect more results like we witnessed on saturday.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2013, 01:15 PM
We obviously didn't look like the number 2 defense in the NFL.
but we did look like 'number two" !
I blame goodman!
if he was still on the team, nobody would be throwing balls anywhere near champ and folks around here couild go on thinking that champ covers HALF the football field !