PDA

View Full Version : No Broncos included in HOF finalist.

DenBronx
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
The Pro Football Hall of Fame announced its list of 15 finalists Friday morning, a group which will be whittled to no more than five inductees the day before the Super Bowl.

The group includes four first-time eligible nominees: Guard Larry Allen, tackle Jonathan Ogden, defensive tackle Warren Sapp and defensive end Michael Strahan.

It also includes last year’s 10 finalists who missed the final cut: Running back Jerome Bettis, wide receivers Tim Brown, Cris Carter and Andre Reed, guard Will Shields, defensive end Charles Haley, linebacker Kevin Greene, cornerback Aeneas Williams along with Bill Parcells and Ed DeBartolo, Jr.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/11/pro-football-hall-of-fame-finalists-announced/

Dzone
01-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Un-*******-believable!

Krugan
01-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Its not surprising, but certainly unsatisfying.

Dzone
01-11-2013, 09:00 PM
The pro football hall of fame can go to hell...they pick a bunch of stiffs before picking broncos who deserve it

Poet
01-11-2013, 09:01 PM
I feel really bad for Cris Carter.

zbeg
01-11-2013, 10:01 PM

How he's not in the HOF is beyond me. There's no good reason - the voters have shut him out so far because he was a jerk. That's it. He missed on one vote last year because one guy had a problem with him, and convinced three others not to vote for him.

I can't look past the Cris Carter exclusion when looking at who else is or isn't getting in. Michael Irvin was one tenth the receiver Carter was. The fact that Carter isn't in is just stupid.

The same goes for Tim Brown, for that matter. But the stupidity of not putting Tim Brown is only overshadowed by the even more stupidity of not putting Carter in. I assume Tim Brown beat some of the HOF voters at Scrabble or some equally petty reason.

CrazyHorse
01-12-2013, 09:22 AM

He should have gotten in. I don't know how Warren Sapp is finalist over him.

zbeg
01-12-2013, 10:00 AM
He should have gotten in. I don't know how Warren Sapp is finalist over him.

Carter's a finalist. He still has a shot. If he doesn't get in, I'm going to find all the tables and flip them.

All the tables.

Chef Zambini
01-12-2013, 10:11 AM
no TD. canton remains just another place to go bowling in ohio.
no other RB has better post season numbers or winning % than TD, NONE !
no other RB has the nunber of 100 yard games that TD has, NONE !
when running the ball is the toughest and at a prmium, THE PLAY-OFFS, TD is the undisputed best according to the numbers!
NOT 10-15 YEAR rb can match TD, not emmit, not sweetness, not ANY of the other 2k runningbacks!
canton has zero credability until TD gets in!

Dzone
01-12-2013, 10:25 AM
I took down my TD signature...its going to be a long long time before he gets in, if ever...the HOF is a sham. Its highly overrated. Screw it

zbeg
01-12-2013, 10:55 AM
I took down my TD signature...its going to be a long long time before he gets in, if ever...the HOF is a sham. Its highly overrated. Screw it

At least there's a reasonable argument against TD (that a HOFer should have good career numbers, and just because the voters made a mistake with Gale Sayers on that front doesn't mean they're obligated to do that again). TD's 48th in rushing yards, 43rd in rushing TDs, 124th in total yards from scrimmage. Okay, I get how you can leave that guy off your ballot.

There's no reasonable argument against Carter (4th in receptions, 4th in receiving touchdowns, 9th in receiving yards - all before the passing explosion that inflated all receivers' numbers). When Carter retired, he was 3rd in yards, 2nd in receptions, and 2nd in touchdowns (1st of course being Jerry Rice).