PDA

View Full Version : Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard is inspirational leader of Denver defense

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2013, 11:21 AM
The Broncos' Wesley Woodyard wears No. 52 for a good reason. Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis has been wearing No. 52 for 17 seasons.

"He's one of the best to ever play this game," Woodyard said as he prepared for Saturday's AFC divisional playoff game against the Ravens. "I talked to Ray after a game three years ago. I told him that I looked up to him and respected his game. To me, if you are any kind of football player, you play the way Ray has played. You leave it all out there, all the time."

Lewis, with his melodramatic dances and a swath of black paint smeared across his face, is fire and brimstone. He's the beating heart of the Ravens' defense.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22352374/linebacker-woodyard-is-inspirational-leader-broncos-defense

Dapper Dan
01-11-2013, 11:24 AM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22352374/linebacker-woodyard-is-inspirational-leader-broncos-defense

I saw that in the News Wire section. Awesome article.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Said defensive end Elvis Dumervil: "I think he is the spirit of our defense. He's great to play with, he's fun and has a great sense of humor. The things he says between the lines on game day, he definitely should be miked up."

"Wesley has been really good at getting our guys settled down," Del Rio said. "He's great in preparation, and he has a calming influence for the rest of the group. I think he's done that for us.
"Leaders are leaders. I think he has natural leadership ability. Part of that is being selfless. Part of that is working hard in your preparation and knowing what you're talking about."

"There is nothing more exciting than when you can raise your arms up and get 76,000-plus hyped and up on their feet," he said. "I love that feeling. To me, there is no other experience greater than that."

These were my favorite parts. The first two really tell a lot about Woodyard and his importance to the defense and team. The third just gets me pumped up.

Chef Zambini
01-11-2013, 11:31 AM
welcome to the woodshed !