PDA

View Full Version : Broncos/Ravens gameday weather

Dapper Dan
01-11-2013, 10:12 AM
According to weather.com isn't suppose to be between 7-16 (ish) degrees tomorrow. I thought about the Browns and Chiefs games in Denver and the game in Baltimore, so I looked them up. Apparently those were roughly 40 degrees of more. I know we've touched on it here and there in over discussions, but will weather seriously be a problem for Manning? I was just assuming the other games at the end of the schedule were about the same as tomorrow. I think it may help that most of Peyton's teammates are used to Denver weather. Was that part of the problem prior to Peyton coming to Denver? Was it the combination of Peyton playing in a dome half of the time and also his teammates not being used to the cold weather? I'm trying to be a little more optimistic about the weather. I'm hoping it's not an issue tomorrow.

SR
01-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Cliff notes?

BeefStew25
01-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Cliff notes?

Will manning suck because it will be cold?

BroncoWave
01-11-2013, 10:23 AM
ESPN stats and info posted a stat the other day that Manning has the second highest QBR in the NFL over the last 5 years in games played in freezing weather. So no, I don't think it will hamper him too much if at all.

TXBRONC
01-11-2013, 10:26 AM
What critics bring up is that in three consectutive seasons '03, '04, and '05 Manning and the Colts lost playoff games in weather that was below 40 degrees.

What they fail to mention is that all three games were on the road.

SR
01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Will manning suck because it will be cold?

Thanks buddy. Answer: no.

TXBRONC
01-11-2013, 10:31 AM
ESPN stats and info posted a stat the other day that Manning has the second highest QBR in the NFL over the last 5 years in games played in freezing weather. So no, I don't think it will hamper him too much if at all.

Yes but that includes home games. The games that keep getting singled out were played on the road in those games Manning didn't play well.

It's hogwash because it completely dismisses that those games were on the road.

OrangeHoof
01-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Weather Underground's forecast as of Friday morning:

"Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 30F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 20%."

In other words, cold and crisp but not windy which is important. I don't see it being a factor. I think altitude is going to play a bigger role than the cold. The Ratbirds are used to cold.

TXBRONC
01-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Weather Underground's forecast as of Friday morning:

"Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 30F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 20%."

In other words, cold and crisp but not windy which is important. I don't see it being a factor. I think altitude is going to play a bigger role than the cold. The Ratbirds are used to cold.

So are the Broncos.

Chef Zambini
01-11-2013, 10:56 AM
how many of those losses were to the pats?
I think the opponent has more to do with it than the weather!
PFM will be fine! he is going to use gloves, he has been meticulous about aclimating to both the gloves and the weather.
His teammates will be readyI think maybe sports authority can equip them with the latest thermal garments, as long as it is not WINDY, weather will not be a factor for our broncos !

Freyaka
01-11-2013, 11:02 AM

Yea it was more the team around him that sucked in the cold....Just remember that Manning and the entire team have practiced in cold conditions most of the winter and are used to it. I think the "myth" of Mannings Cold weather struggles is just that, a myth.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2013, 11:03 AM

This is why I keep you around. Good work.

TXBRONC
01-11-2013, 11:04 AM
how many of those losses were to the pats?
I think the opponent has more to do with it than the weather!
PFM will be fine! he is going to use gloves, he has been meticulous about aclimating to both the gloves and the weather.
His teammates will be readyI think maybe sports authority can equip them with the latest thermal garments, as long as it is not WINDY, weather will not be a factor for our broncos !

It was three different teams the Jets, Patriots, and I'm sorry but I don't remember the third team.

tomjonesrocks
01-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Here's hoping it affects Flacco...

Chef Zambini
01-11-2013, 11:06 AM
espn says it was the pats twice.

BroncoWave
01-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Here's hoping it affects Flacco...

Flacco played his college ball in Deleware so he's been playing in the cold for most of his football-playing life.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I guess it would help if I watched the tele. Do they make a big deal about this on ESPN or something?

TXBRONC
01-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Yea it was more the team around him that sucked in the cold....Just remember that Manning and the entire team have practiced in cold conditions most of the winter and are used to it. I think the "myth" of Mannings Cold weather struggles is just that, a myth.

No Peyton didn't play well in those games. But again all three of those games were on the road.

The question that remains how do the damaged nerves in his neck react to even colder weather.

Hey those of you Denver what have the tempeture been like in Denver for the week? Anything close to what is expected tomorrow?

BroncoWave
01-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I guess it would help if I watched the tele. Do they make a big deal about this on ESPN or something?

I don't watch ESPN either but I do listen to ESPN radio and read alot online, and I haven't heard them making too big a deal on it. They were before the season because then it was popular to doubt anything and everything about Manning's comeback. But now ESPN is pretty firmly in Manning's corner and pretty much just heaping praise on him.

BroncoWave
01-11-2013, 11:12 AM
No Peyton didn't play well in those games. But again all three of those games were on the road.

The question that remains how do the damaged nerves in his neck react to even colder weather.

Hey those of you Denver what have the tempeture been like in Denver for the week? Anything close to what is expected tomorrow?

I just looked on weather.com and it has been in the mid-40's to low 60's this week, so no. Their current forecast for tomorrow his high of 17 low of 6.

TXBRONC
01-11-2013, 11:16 AM
I just looked on weather.com and it has been in the mid-40's to low 60's this week, so no. Their current forecast for tomorrow his high of 17 low of 6.

That's a substantial drop. We'll know tomorrow how much it effects him if at all.

Nomad
01-11-2013, 11:31 AM
A good snow game would be classic.

BroncoNut
01-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Flacco played his college ball in Deleware so he's been playing in the cold for most of his football-playing life.

Deleware isn't cold cold I don't think. maybe wrong, but I don't think

Broncfan1970
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM

1uP
01-11-2013, 12:03 PM

We're having a major temp drop as of lately, storms running through utah and CO right now are affecting the weather drastically. Where I've been in CO it's been high teens on a good day, will be in Denver tonight but it's 34 there right now (in Denver), 22 where I am right now, being very familiar with the usual weather patterns here if I had to give my best guess, i'd say it's going to be somewhere between 18-25 degrees for the game

Krugan
01-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Its 12 degrees just 300 miles north, with fugger winds.

Be glad its not in South Dakota.

Grats to those of you on the base in RC, enjoy the non-essential day off :)

SR
01-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Its 12 degrees just 300 miles north, with fugger winds.

Be glad its not in South Dakota.

Grats to those of you on the base in RC, enjoy the non-essential day off :)

Thanks dude! I'm enjoying my three day weekend. Usually we are mission essential but jets can't fly in this weather and we can't really do much work in this weather unless the jet is in a hangar.

This weather sucks ball sacks though.

SR
01-11-2013, 12:13 PM
We're having a major temp drop as of lately, storms running through utah and CO right now are affecting the weather drastically. Where I've been in CO it's been high teens on a good day, will be in Denver tonight but it's 34 there right now (in Denver), 22 where I am right now, being very familiar with the usual weather patterns here if I had to give my best guess, i'd say it's going to be somewhere between 18-25 degrees for the game

TXBRONC
01-11-2013, 12:19 PM

I grew up WY so I understand what you talking about. If it's just cold and no wind my hunch is that is less likely to be a problem for Manning.

1uP
01-11-2013, 12:22 PM
I grew up WY so I understand what you talking about. If it's just cold and no wind my hunch is that is less likely to be a problem for Manning.

yeah I know, I wasn't even talking about the whole Manning issue, just answering your weather question :]

Chef Zambini
01-11-2013, 12:25 PM
I think its great that out team is so competent in all phases that we can pre-occupy our concerns with the weather !
wear some thermal undergarments and kick some ass !

Skinny
01-11-2013, 12:28 PM
A good snow game would be classic.

I just had a flash back to 1984. Awsome.

BroncoJoe
01-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Just started snowing - coming down pretty good in the DTC.

Ravens weren't scheduled to fly in until tonight. LOL at their stupidity.

SR
01-11-2013, 01:04 PM

Hopefully it's not coming down sideways there like it is here

BroncoJoe
01-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Not much wind if any.

SR
01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Not much wind if any.

Sweet

BroncoWave
01-11-2013, 03:03 PM

Ravens weren't scheduled to fly in until tonight. LOL at their stupidity.

Awesome, we'll take any advantage we can get. Definitely stupid to wait until the night before an noon game to fly in. Especially in Denver and especially when there is bad weather.

BroncoJoe
01-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Typical Colorado. Snow has stopped, sun is out.

GEM
01-11-2013, 04:32 PM
It's effing cold downtown. The wind is killing me. We just walked 5 blocks to lunch and were frozen when we got back.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2013, 04:36 PM
It's warm here in Kentucky today. I turned on the AC in the car. :(

Skinny
01-11-2013, 04:39 PM
It's effing cold downtown. The wind is killing me. We just walked 5 blocks to lunch and were frozen when we got back.Were yer headlights on?

Buff wants to know...

1uP
01-11-2013, 04:40 PM
FYI guys, I don't know if anyone's noticed but Manning has played the last 2 games (in fair weather) with his glove on to prep for this game, he seems to play better with it on

Nomad
01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Snowing here FINALLY, then turning to rain after tomorrow morning SUCKAGE especially for driving.......I want to be in Denver:lol:

I better go get my beer today:D

Nomad
01-11-2013, 04:46 PM
I just had a flash back to 1984. Awsome.

What I remember from 1984 was Van Halen.

SR
01-11-2013, 04:47 PM
What I remember from 1984 was Van Halen.

I was born that year

Dzone
01-11-2013, 05:03 PM
The Ravens are flying in tonight? For real? The night before the game? LOL

SR
01-11-2013, 06:03 PM
The Ravens are flying in tonight? For real? The night before the game? LOL

Uhhh. Are they idiots? They should've been in Denver YESTERDAY

T.K.O.
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM
It's gonna be raining...........RAINING MF'N BRONCOS TD"S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

BroncoWave
01-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Uhhh. Are they idiots? They should've been in Denver YESTERDAY

I'm sure that's a gift Denver will happily take!

Skinny
01-11-2013, 06:36 PM
What I remember from 1984 was Van Halen.Great album.

It was also the year of one Broncos/Packers monday night snow game.

Skinny
01-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I was born that year
I've never felt old till this post. Thanks.

SR
01-11-2013, 07:12 PM
I've never felt old till this post. Thanks.

Sorry man.

BroncoJoe
01-11-2013, 07:12 PM
It's snowing again.

BroncoTech
01-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Whether the weather will wither the broncos domination of the ravens has been determined. No earthly force can stop the might broncos! Touchdown BRONCOS!

SR
01-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Touchdown BRONCOS!

The ******* game is on and I'm missing it?!

Dzone
01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Forecast for tomorrow is sunny, no snow and COLD...dont think there is any forecast of wind, but ya never know. I just know it is cold as hell here

Wish someone would start a game thread..Listening to Qadry Ismail saying "The Ravens are going to beat the Denver Broncos tomorrow" on 1043

SR
01-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Forecast for tomorrow is sunny, no snow and COLD...dont think there is any forecast of wind, but ya never know. I just know it is cold as hell here

Wish someone would start a game thread..Listening to Qadry Ismail saying "The Ravens are going to beat the Denver Broncos tomorrow" on 1043

Ismail is a tool. And it's gonna be colder than a welldigger's ass hole tomorrow

Dzone
01-11-2013, 08:39 PM
cold as a witches tit in a brass bra...

WARHORSE
01-11-2013, 08:58 PM
81 degrees here with nothin but sunshine.

Hammock is idling.

I hope its not too cold tomorrow come game time. The cold will effect Peytons passing more than Flaccos because Flacco has a bigger arm......the ball is heavier when cold.

Dzone
01-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Ok, now they are forecasting snow flurries tomorrow..wtf?...

1uP
01-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Ok, now they are forecasting snow flurries tomorrow..wtf?...

Where are you guys getting info from? There's been snow in the forecast for a week for fri/sat in Denver. Mostly fri but good chance on sat

cmc0605
01-11-2013, 10:05 PM
I've been having some fun looking at the weather maps. I'm a PhD student in atmospheric science (though my expertise is in long term climate change, not weather forecasting) but I've been motivated by tomorrow's game all week long to do little but focus on all aspects of the matchup.

No doubt it will be cold, I see no convincing evidence of snow in the forecast, though officially they're saying something like 20% chance. If it's not as cloudy as they think the temps could go up a bit, but right now expect below freezing.

Dzone
01-11-2013, 10:06 PM
snow flurries-that could be a foot of snow, it cold be an inch...how the hell do they predict sunny skies and snow flurries all at the same time????

1uP
01-11-2013, 10:08 PM
maybe they're just trying to throw the ravens off

SR
01-11-2013, 10:11 PM
81 degrees here with nothin but sunshine.

Hammock is idling.

I hope its not too cold tomorrow come game time. The cold will effect Peytons passing more than Flaccos because Flacco has a bigger arm......the ball is heavier when cold.

Peyton is one of the most accurate passers ever. Flacco...not so much.

SR
01-11-2013, 10:12 PM
I've been having some fun looking at the weather maps. I'm a PhD student in atmospheric science (though my expertise is in long term climate change, not weather forecasting) but I've been motivated by tomorrow's game all week long to do little but focus on all aspects of the matchup.

No doubt it will be cold, I see no convincing evidence of snow in the forecast, though officially they're saying something like 20% chance. If it's not as cloudy as they think the temps could go up a bit, but right now expect below freezing.

You're a student? I thought you are an old timer

SR
01-11-2013, 10:12 PM
maybe they're just trying to throw the ravens off

You're a raven.

1uP
01-11-2013, 10:14 PM
You're a raven.

then you're a raven lover!

Dapper Dan
01-11-2013, 10:23 PM
C'mon, guys. Same team. Save it for the enemy.

SR
01-11-2013, 10:23 PM
then you're a raven lover!

CaCAWWWW!

cmc0605
01-11-2013, 10:28 PM
You're a student? I thought you are an old timer

yup

Dzone
01-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Maybe they use heavy frozen balls during practice...If Holliday fumbles one of those froze balls , oh the horror

cmc0605
01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Objectively speaking, I do think the weather evens out the playing field a bit. Not because it favors the Ravens, but because you have two good defenses and the cold (or any snow) naturally slows things down. I'm personally not a fan of stats like "Peyton has x many losses in the cold", etc, so this is not a concern for me. I only hope the WRs don't display the case of dropsies that we seen early in the season, but they have improved a lot and have practiced in it. The entire team has been in Denver since week 16 so they need to use the environment to their favor.

SR
01-11-2013, 10:50 PM
yup

What is your age? I'm scared to ask how "old" you are.

MasterShake
01-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Peyton will be fine. His game has always been dink and dunk. I hope they use Hester more tomorrow for short tough yards though.

cmc0605
01-11-2013, 11:00 PM
What is your age? I'm scared to ask how "old" you are.

SR
01-11-2013, 11:15 PM

You're still a kid!

Army Bronco
01-11-2013, 11:27 PM

You're still a kid! I remember when i qas 25 , 10 years ago. It was a simpler time. I had to fill sand bags to provide armor for my vehicle when we convoyed from Kuwait to Baghdad. You young folk need armor and what not..lol Nah.. but we really had to.

cmc0605
01-11-2013, 11:31 PM
I remember when i qas 25 , 10 years ago. It was a simpler time. I had to fill sand bags to provide armor for my vehicle when we convoyed from Kuwait to Baghdad. You young folk need armor and what not..lol Nah.. but we really had to.

Yea no armor needed for me!

SR
01-11-2013, 11:37 PM
I remember when i qas 25 , 10 years ago. It was a simpler time. I had to fill sand bags to provide armor for my vehicle when we convoyed from Kuwait to Baghdad. You young folk need armor and what not..lol Nah.. but we really had to.

10 years ago I was a senior in high school old man

Tned
01-11-2013, 11:42 PM
I just want to be on record saying it's ******* cold, and weather underground clearly doesn't know crap about forecasting.

My new gear kept me pretty warm at the rally, but my hands were numb. The pair of gloves I thought would be better, apparently suck. I have another paid with thinsulate i'll try tomorrow.

SR
01-11-2013, 11:45 PM
I just want to be on record saying it's ******* cold, and weather underground clearly doesn't know crap about forecasting.

My new gear kept me pretty warm at the rally, but my hands were numb. The pair of gloves I thought would be better, apparently suck. I have another paid with thinsulate i'll try tomorrow.

I don't wanna hear your shit

1uP
01-11-2013, 11:47 PM
haha you big baby ^^

Tned
01-11-2013, 11:55 PM

I don't wanna hear your shit

You're on a three day leave, nice and toasty. Plus, it's not like you have to be there, you went up there and exposed yourself to the elements for "fun." Oh, wait, I think I'm the one doing that.... ;)

SR
01-11-2013, 11:57 PM
haha you big baby ^^

I spent a whole winter here working nights in shit like this. The night before Thanksgiving eve in 2010 we had -37 to -40 windchill and I was out in that shit working. Don't come at me! I reserve the right to bitch ;)

SR
01-11-2013, 11:58 PM
You're on a three day leave, nice and toasty. Plus, it's not like you have to be there, you went up there and exposed yourself to the elements for "fun." Oh, wait, I think I'm the one doing that.... ;)

BS. The Air Force and my wife put me here

1uP
01-12-2013, 12:00 AM
I spent a whole winter here working nights in shit like this. The night before Thanksgiving eve in 2010 we had -37 to -40 windchill and I was out in that shit working. Don't come at me! I reserve the right to bitch ;)

Then if you've been exposed to -40 how can -6 be bothering you!

dogfish
01-12-2013, 04:12 AM
You're a raven.

nevermore!

the internets tell me it's currently 9 degrees in d-town. . . high of 30 tomorrow, low of 1-- 20% chance of snow during the day. . .

T, stop at any sporting goods or camping store and buy a bunch of those disposable handwarmers-- they're good in your gloves, and your shoes if your feet get cold. . .

sneakers
01-12-2013, 05:51 AM
funk dat! it's 50 degrees outside in Madison, WI right now!

sneakers
01-12-2013, 05:52 AM
You're a raven.

(sitting outside your window at 5 am while you are trying to sleep)
CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW

edit: CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW

TXBRONC
01-12-2013, 07:23 AM
You're still a kid!

Yeah but so are you.

BroncoNut
01-12-2013, 08:13 AM
weather is one of those factors that we just can't control in an open stadium. The best that we can do to minimize it's effects on our performance is to dress and eat appropriately for it. That would be kinda funny if both teams came out in carhardt coveralls

Bugs Baloney
01-12-2013, 08:24 AM
- "OK Campers Rise and Shine and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cold out there"
- "It's cold out there every day, What is this Miami Beach"
- "Not Hardly"
- "The National Forecast is calling for a big blizzard today"
- "Yes they are, But you know there is another reason why today is especially exciting"
- "Especially Cold"
- "Especially Cold Yes, But it's GROUND HOGS DAY!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7NHCy13ZLk

Tned
01-12-2013, 08:34 AM
nevermore!

the internets tell me it's currently 9 degrees in d-town. . . high of 30 tomorrow, low of 1-- 20% chance of snow during the day. . .

T, stop at any sporting goods or camping store and buy a bunch of those disposable handwarmers-- they're good in your gloves, and your shoes if your feet get cold. . .

I've got a box. Experimented last night and found that one would fit over the top of my toes and fit in my shoes.

Bugs Baloney
01-12-2013, 08:56 AM
According to the Weather Channel:

@ 4:00PM - (Temp 15 degrees) (Feels Like 4 degrees) (Humidity 58%) (Precip. 10%) (Winds ENE @ 8mph)

1uP
01-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Well it is a whopping 1 degree in Denver at the moment

broken12
01-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Well the weather should affect r Lewis and t suggs injuries also

BroncoJoe
01-12-2013, 10:08 AM
The sun is popping through the clouds. Going to be a great day!

Nomad
01-12-2013, 10:15 AM
The sun is popping through the clouds. Going to be a great day!

One thing I liked about living in Utah (never lived in Denver so this is the closest comparison weather wise), it could be damn cold but when the sun came out, it would surprisely warm things up. I guess altitude does have it's advantages.

BroncoJoe
01-12-2013, 10:18 AM
20 in Denver just doesn't seem all that cold, really. Especially, as you say, when the sun is out.

Our guys will be just fine out there today.

Chef Zambini
01-12-2013, 11:14 AM
attitude and altitude will favor our broncos, the sun will shine on our broncos. the sun will set on ray lewis.
'nevermore' the chants will ring out , late in the game, signaling the end of a career for a murderer of crows.

SR
01-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Then if you've been exposed to -40 how can -6 be bothering you!

Because its ******* cold! I'm an Arizona boy. Not cut out for this.

SR
01-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Yeah but so are you.

He's younger than me. I'm almost 30.

SR
01-12-2013, 11:27 AM
20 in Denver just doesn't seem all that cold, really. Especially, as you say, when the sun is out.

Our guys will be just fine out there today.

Wind is the killer. Single digits without wind is bearable. 20s and no win with sun can feel warm

Nomad
01-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Wind is the killer. Single digits without wind is bearable. 20s and no win with sun can feel warm

Yep! I don't miss Minot for that reason.....the wind.

Tned
01-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Well it is a whopping 1 degree in Denver at the moment

Whopping one --- nice alliteration...

I think I'm going to wear my scary mask to the game, like I wore to the rally yesterday...

Nomad
01-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Whopping one --- nice alliteration...

I think I'm going to wear my scary mask to the game, like I wore to the rally yesterday...

Still walking to the game?

Tned
01-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Still walking to the game?

No, staying on 16th street, taking a shuttle three and back.

Nomad
01-12-2013, 11:46 AM
No, staying on 16th street, taking a shuttle three and back.

That's cool......at least we know you won't be falling asleep next to some dumpster after the game on your walk back after :drinking:.:D

BroncoWave
01-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Because its ******* cold! I'm an Arizona boy. Not cut out for this.

I understand. I lived in either Mississippi or Louisiana my whole life and am now in Reno where I woke up to 0 degree weather this morning.

Nomad
01-12-2013, 11:53 AM
I understand. I lived in either Mississippi or Louisiana my whole life and am now in Reno where I woke up to 0 degree weather this morning.

After you leave those places and the heat/humidity, you never miss it again.

SR
01-12-2013, 11:58 AM

It's awful. Imagine it from November until May.

SR
01-12-2013, 11:59 AM

I would trade where I'm at for Houston any day of the week

BroncoWave
01-12-2013, 12:10 PM

You are right that I don't miss the humidity. Although I'm about over the cold weather as well.

Dzone
01-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Im 90 minutes south east of Denver and its cold here, 14 degrees, but I have played football in this weather and its actually fun. Its not too cold to play good football. Weather wont matter.

gregbroncs
01-12-2013, 12:42 PM
It was three different teams the Jets, Patriots, and I'm sorry but I don't remember the third team.It was the Pats twice and the Jets once.