PDA

View Full Version : Why the Broncos will WIN....

WARHORSE
01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Of course, nothing is a sure thing. But barring a cataclysmic number of turnovers favoring the Ravens, Id say that Denver on pace to see another week of play.

Passing game: Peyton or Flacco? Pretty easy pick there. Flacco has this almost nonchalant waY of standing in the pocket alot of the time. No hurry. Almost like hes getting ready to throw a long ball to a young kid who will probably not catch it. His big arm allows for big plays, and when given the time, this demeanor produces enough scoring to win games now and again. Clue: That wont be the case sunday. Flacco is not going to stand in the pocket like that because hes going to be under pressure, no if ands or butts. In the last game, Denvers secondary let up somewhat in the second half leading to the scores for Baltimore. Not happening this game. Peyton? He will be Peyton. He has been unstoppable this year, and I dont see it changing with this defense that is banged up.

Advantage: Denver 80%

Offensive Line: We have the edge here over the Ravens again. Its not even necessarily that player for player we match up better even though I think we do. Its because of who each of the lines have to face. We are all but healthy on the defensive line, and our front seven is deep and stout against the run and pass. Our pass rush is a head above Baltimores, and that means uneasiness along the Oline. Unless someone misses an assignment, Peyton stands tall all day. Pass protection is in favor of our Oline too largely because of who is under center for both teams. Manning will not hold the ball. Flacco will. Bad decision. Run blocking. Once again, advantage Denver. The Olines are pretty even in this respect, but the Ravens have to face the better run defense.

Advantage: Denver 70%

WRs: Um..........what do I say?

Advantage: Denver 70%

Runningback: Ray Rice or Moreno? Ray Rice without a doubt and twice on sundays. Bernard Pierce and Vonta Leach. These guys are quite a handful, but without success against the front seven of Denver, these guys will be relegated to the passing game. Ray Rice is still the best threat, but in this area Knowshon can come very close to matching Rice in play. I believe we will actually see the ball going to Knowshon in the flats a few more plays than normal in this game. Ray Lewis is no longer fast enough to track him down in space. Denvers run game is effective because Knowshon is running hard and Peyton is a threat.

Advantage: Ravens 60%

TEs: Denver has an advantage here. Over the past couple of games the TEs have done less receiving. I expect the ball to get spread around alot more this time due to the presence of Pollard. Pitta is a good WR, but no big threat. I believe he scored on us last time but it was because of a missed tackle he muscles through. That wont be happening again. We have two guys that can block and catch and bring a good gain at any time during the game.

Advantage: Denver 65%

Defensive Line: The defensive line of the Ravens is not what it used to be. Was watching Ngata during our last game and he was pretty much neutralized for most of the game. They cant stop the run. Late in the second half with a comfortable lead, Denver ran 16 straight running plays that ended with 10 minutes chewed up on the clock and a field goal. As for pass rush, they are going to have to get creative to pressure Peyton, and when you do that, Peyton gets creative too and it usually doesnt end well for the opposition. Denver on the other hand is dominant. You cant run. You cant pass. We will kill your quarterback. Unrein, Vickerson, Ayers, Wolfe, Bannan and Doom are bringing the heat with Von roaming around making everyone on the Ravens offensive line pee their shorts. Run straight at Ngata or Cody and theyre awesome. Run one foot to the left or right and youre gone.

Advantage: Denver 80%

Secondary: This all feeds hand in hand. Ed Reed and Pollard are the threats here. With no pass rush, they are targets. Ed Reed needs pressure to make his plays, otherwise hes a big play waiting to happen. Denver on the other hand has shown that the turnover can come from anywhere at any time. Corners? Denver. Safeties? Ravens but Raheem is making us smile. No one is mentioning it much but hes playing SOUNDLY. Pass rush makes the secondary twice as effective or ineffective.

Advantage: Denver 75%

Linebackers: Heres where it gets dicey because Von is a LBer yet rushes most of the time. Ravens older and slower. The way Del Rio uses his LBers though gives us an advantage. He has everyone contributing.

Advantage: Denver 55%

Special Teams: In the mile high air, the kickers will likely get touchbacks, however Justin Tucker doesnt have a big leg if my memory serves me right. But even if Trindon does bring it out, youre just as likely to get a fumble, advantage Baltimore.

Advantage: Even

Coaches: Id have to say our coaches will have more flexibility, giving them a wider range of choices. Denver has the edge, but this is one area that mistakes can cost us the game.

12th Man: We were in Baltimore last time. I think Mile High is going to be rocking like it hasnt rocked in a looooong time. Its going to be ORANGE as well. If its not, Im blaming ALL OF YOU. ")

Prediction: I dont want to assign team names, but I think the score will be something like this: 38-13

LETS GET IT ON!!!!

nyuk nyuk
01-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Good enough. They can only win this if we don't show up. It's pretty basic. We've also come a long way in dealing with the first half slow starts.

Hawgdriver
01-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Why the Broncos will win:

Because they won't throw interceptions or fumble the ball. Not even on special teams.

Neither will they let Ray Rice carve them up.

And they will clog the middle.

Finally, they will not let Torrey Smith and Flacco connect on the deep ball.

If the Broncos do this, they will win. If not, it's a toss up.

MasterShake
01-10-2013, 07:39 PM
We will win because Baltimore sucks and we are good.

TXBRONC
01-11-2013, 10:05 AM
They are veteran team that has been in the playoffs five consecutive years so they've been down this road before.

Funny thing, 'I've peaked in on Ravens message all week and one of the drums some of them have beaten to death is that they were missing five starters that's one of the reasons we did so well. Having all those starters back didn't stop them from being gouged and having be out on the field for 87 plays.

I will say this if Ngata is on his game he's a handful and can cause a lot trouble for us.

War I hope you're about being a route but right now I see it being a much closer game than 38-13.

MasterShake
01-11-2013, 10:07 AM
They are veteran team that has been in the playoffs five consecutive years so they've been down this road before.

Funny thing, 'I've peaked in on Ravens message all week and one of the drums some of them have beaten to death is that they were missing five starters that's one of the reasons we did so well. Having all those starters back didn't stop them from being gouged and having be out on the field for 87 plays.

I will say this if Ngata is on his game he's a handful and can cause a lot trouble for us.

War I hope you're about being a route but right now I see it being a much closer game than 38-13.

I was thinking about experience the other day and suddenly those 2 playoff games our young team played last year ARE HUGE. I will admit I am a little nervous about this game (mostly because I have so much emotionally invested in this team) but I would be even more so if we had so many starters without big game experience.

TXBRONC
01-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Just for laughs.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/

Specifically this thread:

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/50544-divisonal-playoffs-denver/

TXBRONC
01-11-2013, 10:20 AM
I was thinking about experience the other day and suddenly those 2 playoff games our young team played last year ARE HUGE. I will admit I am a little nervous about this game (mostly because I have so much emotionally invested in this team) but I would be even more so if we had so many starters without big game experience. I

I hear ya.

You're right the fact that most of Denver's players have experienced the playoff is big. They know what it's like to win and lose a playoff game.

Btw while some of the fans who are beating their chest about all that playoff experience last year we faced a veteran playoff team that has won twice in last seven or eight years and has been there three times in that same period of time.

Chef Zambini
01-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Our D will be EAGER to prove who has the best D in the NFL!
ray lewis?
time to check out that new gold watch you get for retirement!
you schtick is old, your dance contrived , passe, BS !
dont break your hip attempting it at altitude!
NGATA?
notga na be around in the fourth quarter !
suggs?
he will be suggin for air in the second half too because he is NOT in game shape!
GAMESHAPE?
no smoke and mirrors required for our 11 game win streak and counting !
we win because we practice, plan and perform like winners!
we have the right attitude at ALTITUDE!
No longer is this teamconditioned by a pill pushing lead-head!
WE have a legitimate strength and CONDITIONING staff now, thanks to JFE
and our broncos will OWN the 4th quarter , just like the old days, the MILE HIGH days!
If we avoid the costly turnovers, this game is ours!
GO BRONCOS!
We win because we are the best team, the superior team, in all phases of the game!

Bugs Baloney
01-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Good enough. They can only win this if we don't show up. It's pretty basic. We've also come a long way in dealing with the first half slow starts.

And have arguably made the best second half adjustments than any other team in the league. The best I've ever seen IMO

TXBRONC
01-12-2013, 09:16 AM

It's take a little more than just showing up Nyuk. Like I said, I expect this be a close game.