PDA

View Full Version : "Black & Decker"

BroncoWave
01-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Awesome article by Rick Reilly today...

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8828270/thomas-decker-manning-make-broncos-go

They're the same size, same age and both went from Tim Tebow (F-150) to Peyton Manning (F18).

They're both country, both unmarried heartthrobs and both as quiet as a Las Vegas Sunday morning.

They became the youngest teammates in NFL history to go for more than 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns in the same season.

They have the same agent, same marketing guy and once lived together as rookies.

"They're the exact same guy," says Denver Broncos teammate Greg Orton, "just different colors."

Dapper Dan
01-10-2013, 01:04 AM
That's an awesome story.

I think it's cool that they like the nickname Black and Decker.

Tned
01-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Yea, hell of a read.

Dzone
01-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Excellent article. Good insight into the dynamic and psyche. Very touching about Bey Bey

Dapper Dan
01-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Excellent article. Good insight into the dynamic and psyche. Very touching about Bey Bey

Yeah. I like his goal to just keep playing. Stuff like that will take him far. Keeping that up will bring Pro Bowls and Super Bowls.

It also makes me feel good that these two could help with Osweiler's career when Manning is gone.

smith49
01-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the read BTB! Awesome article.

Dzone
01-10-2013, 02:03 AM
Will the media start calling them Black and Decker?

Dapper Dan
01-10-2013, 02:31 AM

I doubt it.

Freyaka
01-10-2013, 08:17 AM

I doubt it because even if Thomas doesn't take offense to it someone out there will...

SR
01-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Great read. I'm glad Thomas and Decker were both able to overcome their injury problems (at least for this year) and finally emerge. Hopefully they can both stay healthy and stay with the Broncos for a long, long time.

Dzone
01-10-2013, 12:21 PM

GEM
01-10-2013, 12:33 PM
There is an innocence to Thomas that has always endeared him to me. I think we went the right route in taking him vs. Dez.

Northman
01-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Pffft! They suck! Get us some new receivers!

Dapper Dan
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/451705-Black-amp-Decker

Chef Zambini
01-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Will the media start calling them Black and Decker?rick rielly is the media. he is also the darling of media, all his piers read his columns !
so yes, they will start to use the moniker! heck THEY are the ones who coined the nickname !
I think von and dumerville should go as
'DANCING ELVIS"
and moreno and holiday as
'NO-MO-FUMBLES"

Ravage!!!
01-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I don't know. I guess I'm in the minority, but I think 'Black and Decker" is pretty lame. I also think calling Thomas "bey bey" (baby) is lame. Oh well, if its something that actuallly catches on, and is something people continue to us, I'm sure I'll use it in reference. Some nick-names I think are good, and others I don't. These just seem.... eh.

SR
01-11-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't know. I guess I'm in the minority, but I think 'Black and Decker" is pretty lame. I also think calling Thomas "bey bey" (baby) is lame. Oh well, if its something that actuallly catches on, and is something people continue to us, I'm sure I'll use it in reference. Some nick-names I think are good, and others I don't. These just seem.... eh.

Bey Bey is a family nickname so for it to e lame is kind of out of place. But Black and Decker I like...metaphor for tools used for carving up a defense.

elsid13
01-11-2013, 11:47 AM
I will admit that wasn't enamored with the Decker pick but I very glad that he has proven me wrong. I still wish that we had picked Gronk up that draft instead of the move up for Tebow, but McDaniels did make the right selection for both Thomas and Decker.

Ravage!!!
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Bey Bey is a family nickname so for it to e lame is kind of out of place. But Black and Decker I like...metaphor for tools used for carving up a defense.

I see what you are saying...but family calling a guy "baby" is different than everyone else. I'm just saying, for me, I'd call him DT long bfore calling him bey bey. Its just not my thing. Like I said, there are many nicknames that I find to be good, and others not to be. I guess its just a personal preference, but 'bey bey'.. just doesnt sound like something I would call a MAN that has the size and abilities that DT has...whether it has to do with that or not.

SR
01-11-2013, 12:15 PM
I see what you are saying...but family calling a guy "baby" is different than everyone else. I'm just saying, for me, I'd call him DT long bfore calling him bey bey. Its just not my thing. Like I said, there are many nicknames that I find to be good, and others not to be. I guess its just a personal preference, but 'bey bey'.. just doesnt sound like something I would call a MAN that has the size and abilities that DT has...whether it has to do with that or not.

I personally don't 'like' Bey Bey but I won't knock it and I also wouldn't ever refer to him as that. Like you, DT is usually what I call him.