PDA

View Full Version : ESPN calls Broncos offensive line the "best line in the league"

Tned
08-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Finally the Broncos O-line is getting some of the accolades they deserved following last year's performance.

Denver (run rank: 3/pass rank: 1): Somewhat surprising to many, this just might be the best line in the league. It doesn't get a lot of fanfare, but its bookend tackles are excellent, especially Ryan Clady. Coach Josh McDaniels would be very wise not to change things up from a scheme perspective up front. Only the Giants average more yards per rush than Denver, even though the Broncos go through running backs at a remarkable pace. No line in the league allowed its quarterback to be sacked as infrequently per pass attempt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2k9olineranks

Overtime
08-17-2009, 07:12 PM
well "if" we have a back that puts up 1500 yards this year, I might believe it, but let's not get too cocky over the media giving us accolades for what we did "last" year.

this is 2009...2008 is a memory.

Dean
08-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I thought that their pass blocking and zone blocking Friday night was very good especially for this early in the season. We still need work with blocking man up. I was a little disapppointed with that. Maybe it will come or maybe we will just have to call more zone blocking schemes when we want to run the ball.

Tned
08-17-2009, 07:19 PM
well "if" we have a back that puts up 1500 yards this year, I might believe it, but let's not get too cocky over the media giving us accolades for what we did "last" year.

this is 2009...2008 is a memory.

So, since only 2009 matters, does that mean if Orton has a good year, leads the Broncos to a winning record and maybe an AFCW title, you will stop calling him a polished turd? Or, will it then be "2009 is a memory, only 2010 matters..." ;)

Lonestar
08-17-2009, 07:22 PM
now I did not study the game in detail but the OLINE seemed to be fine against SFO..

we all know that the YPC was a little skewed with the couple of big runs by tater late in the year.. but to have that many RB's and still rank in the top 5, is not all that bad..

presoinalll I'd like NO ONE to mention us untill playoff time I'd rather sneak up on some of those teams on this schedule.. let them think we are a lousy team..

broncofaninfla
08-18-2009, 09:48 AM
now I did not study the game in detail but the OLINE seemed to be fine against SFO..

we all know that the YPC was a little skewed with the couple of big runs by tater late in the year.. but to have that many RB's and still rank in the top 5, is not all that bad..

presoinalll I'd like NO ONE to mention us untill playoff time I'd rather sneak up on some of those teams on this schedule.. let them think we are a lousy team..

The Oline did a great job which makes the Orton int's stand out even more. He had time and still threw picks. But now is the time to make mistakes and I have faith they can be fixed by game 1.

NightTrainLayne
08-18-2009, 09:53 AM
It was certainly a change to see some pulling guards. I thought they did look pretty good for the 1st pre-season game, and McD said only 2 negative runs. Good work.

Hobe
08-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Finally the Broncos O-line is getting some of the accolades they deserved following last year's performance.

One wonders why it to the "football experts" so long to notice...:confused:

TXBRONC
08-18-2009, 12:49 PM
I just hope we can keep this line intact for next decade or so except for Wiegmann. Obviously because of his age he not going to make it another ten seasons.

gobroncsnv
08-18-2009, 10:40 PM
I just hope we can keep this line intact for next decade or so except for Wiegmann. Obviously because of his age he not going to make it another ten seasons.

Absolutely! If you can't take care of business up front, you just aren't gonna get much done. Don't care WHO your QB or backs are.