PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Tracy Porter??????

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Alfred and DMac are talking about him now, and some of what Porter has on his twitter account:

Tracy Porter ‏@T_Porter22

Another day of getting __________.

cmc0605
01-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I think it's obvious he's unhappy not playing, not a big story really. I don't really blame him. But with the depth and talent that we have, it is what it is. If he remains a Bronco then he can learn from Knowshon and stay patient...he will get his shot, and personally I think he's a good corner.

EMB6903
01-08-2013, 07:13 PM
he's the 4th best cb on this team, other than that I don't know?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2013, 07:50 PM
I would assume he is unhappy because he is not playing; however, very unprofessional to display his feelings on his twitter account.

SR
01-08-2013, 08:09 PM
he's the 4th best cb on this team, other than that I don't know?

I wouldn't go that far. He's the 2nd best, MAYBE 3rd best. However, if Harris and carter are playing well and we're winning, there's no sense in changing that. He's on a one year deal. Let him walk and go sign somewhere else when the season is over.

cmc0605
01-08-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm actually a little bit more comfortable with Porter than I am Tony Carter, who has been inconsistent outside of a few "big" plays (e.g., in the San Diego game). He is good but has struggled a few times going up to get the football, especially against bigger targets, and has missed a few tackles. I think this is why he was benched two games ago. That said, I think the defense has developed sufficient chemistry at this point, and I don't know if a switch would be useful right now. If I were playing coach, I'd dress them all but determine play time based on practice performance (assuming that Porter is healthy), but I hope he gets some snaps if we get a decent lead on Baltimore.

Champ and Chris Harris are both playing at a pro bowl level IMO and I don't expect to see a change between them.

Dzone
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Huh? Someone hand this cat the clue phone

SR
01-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Huh? Someone hand this cat the clue phone

Pretty insightful post

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2013, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't go that far. He's the 2nd best, MAYBE 3rd best.

yet he's the only one I see in highlights getting burnt. We got better when he went out. I like the kid, but facts are facts.

honz
01-08-2013, 10:15 PM
He got burned like twice...he also made some big plays for us. But whatevs, sports fans are great at revisionist history.

Dzone
01-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Highly overrated and never earned his salary of $4 million. Was he sulking when he cashed those checks? Complete waste of money on a player with no self control and displays selfish childish behavior in public.

BroncoWave
01-08-2013, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't go that far. He's the 2nd best, MAYBE 3rd best. However, if Harris and carter are playing well and we're winning, there's no sense in changing that. He's on a one year deal. Let him walk and go sign somewhere else when the season is over.

In what universe? Harris and Carter have clearly surpassed him at this point. Porter is one of those guys who will make a lot of big plays but he will get burnt alot too. Harris and Carter are both much more consistent. No way I would take Porter over either at this point.

jhildebrand
01-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Can't make the club in the tub.

iLands
01-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Porter just seems to me like a guy who was really frustrated to not be able to play. He's on a one year deal and wants to prove himself to the Broncos and the league. I'm sure he feels awful at coming in only to immediately get a concussion and be done again. He seems to really want to contribute and can't.

I don't mind really. It was a one year deal. We'll either get him at a steep discount or he'll walk. There is nothing wrong with depth in the secondary.

cmc0605
01-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Regardless of who plays, I'm very content knowing it isn't Champ Bailey and...next guy up, Roc Alexander

Dzone
01-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Note to Porter: "Better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

tomjonesrocks
01-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Is he cut?

They were talking shit on Alfred and Dmac...

Dzone
01-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Is he cut?

Yes, they were actually saying that if Porter keeps acting this way that he should be cut. The same way they cut Kyle Orton. How much better it is for the team to be rid of unhappy distractions.

Jsteve01
01-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Is he cut?

Yes, they were actually saying that if Porter keeps acting this way that he should be cut. The same way they cut Kyle Orton. How much better it is for the team to be rid of unhappy distractions. right because id love to face the pats and falcons with only three corners. He played poorly in one gamr with a dinged up knee but if you guys want to roast the kid be my guest

cmc0605
01-09-2013, 12:13 AM
right because id love to face the pats and falcons with only three corners. He played poorly in one gamr with a dinged up knee but if you guys want to roast the kid be my guest

I agree. Personally I think he's a solid corner. He got burnt once or twice early this season, one by Andre Johnson, and at least once when the corners and safeties weren't communicating right. He also made a lot of good plays, good tackler, and locked up the Pittsburgh game for us. If he's angry on the Tweetersphere, maybe have a coaches talk with him, but this isn't the sort of thing that I feel disrupts a locker room.

DenBronx
01-09-2013, 12:17 AM
I actually like Porter but he got outplayed by Chris Harris, who is a freak! Harris won the job....Porter can challenge Carter and play the nickle but he sure is hell isnt going to take Champ or Harris spot unless there is an injury.

Suck it up Porter and enjoy the ride to the SB.

MOtorboat
01-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Um, Porter has only played a few snaps since October when he was held out for medical reasons. He suffered a concussion on Dec. 23, early in that game after finally being cleared to play. I believe he's frustrated with not being cleared to play...

cmc0605
01-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Um, Porter has only played a few snaps since October when he was held out for medical reasons. He suffered a concussion on Dec. 23, early in that game after finally being cleared to play. I believe he's frustrated with not being cleared to play...

I thought that too, but I guess one of his tweets was "Another day of getting ______"
Unless he's referring to his unfortunate medical condition, I think he's upset.

MOtorboat
01-09-2013, 12:29 AM
I thought that too, but I guess one of his tweets was "Another day of getting ______"
Unless he's referring to his unfortunate medical condition, I think he's upset.

Yeah, I get that. He's been sending out frustrated tweets since before the Dec. 16 game. I think he's frustrated with not getting cleared to play.

dogfish
01-09-2013, 12:29 AM
you know things are going good when this is the worst thing people can find to bitch about. . .

:D

DenBronx
01-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Whether he was cleared to play or not he still was outplayed by Harris.

cmc0605
01-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Whether he was cleared to play or not he still was outplayed by Harris.

Completely agree, but I think his competition would be Carter.

I also think Harris is the best slot corner on the team (even including Bailey) so when possible should be over there.

DenBronx
01-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Completely agree, but I think his competition would be Carter.

I also think Harris is the best slot corner on the team (even including Bailey) so when possible should be over there.

He did great in the slot but he does even better covering #1s and #2s on the edges. Harris can play any DB spot on the field inlcuding safety. It's time he got his respect....this kid went undrafted!

SR
01-09-2013, 08:51 AM
yet he's the only one I see in highlights getting burnt. We got better when he went out. I like the kid, but facts are facts.

Which highlights? He hasn't played in eleventy weeks. And getting "burnt" was a result of more than just "Man...that dude ******' sucks".

SR
01-09-2013, 08:52 AM
In what universe? Harris and Carter have clearly surpassed him at this point. Porter is one of those guys who will make a lot of big plays but he will get burnt alot too. Harris and Carter are both much more consistent. No way I would take Porter over either at this point.

I wouldn't either AT THIS POINT because, mostly, Harris is playing so well. I don't necessarily believe Harris is a "better" CB than Porter, but he is certainly on his way. Carter is not better than Porter. Period.

MasterShake
01-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Porter just seems to me like a guy who was really frustrated to not be able to play. He's on a one year deal and wants to prove himself to the Broncos and the league. I'm sure he feels awful at coming in only to immediately get a concussion and be done again. He seems to really want to contribute and can't.

I don't mind really. It was a one year deal. We'll either get him at a steep discount or he'll walk. There is nothing wrong with depth in the secondary.

And a lot of the time he missed from what I remember was from that weird seizure condition he was dealing with. Has to be frustrating for him, but I'm just happy Harris is playing so well.

Chef Zambini
01-09-2013, 10:18 AM
porter, we have been undefeated without him!
some of you may think he is better than either harris or carter, but thats not the way JDR and the coaches see it, otherwise he would be out there.
I like the comment one poster made comparing his behavior to MORENOS !
get a clue ports!
social media is not the place to display your anti-social attitude.
and that old saying needs a face lift too!
better to be thought an idiot than to TWEET and remove all doubt!

"tweet, b-deet,beet-beet, b-deet"
translation, "I am a petulant moron"

( his agent is probably fanning these flames telling the kid he has to be on the field so agent orange can get him a new contract.)

weazel
01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
sometimes you lose your job when you get injured, it really sucks but it happens all the time. Porter is still a good CB in this league and I was excited when we signed him but he is not the go to option right now. He needs to hang on the sideline and be ready to go in when they need him. I think he takes more chances than the guys that are ahead of him right now and maybe that isn't what Fox wants on this team right now.

nyuk nyuk
01-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Tracy Porter @T_Porter22

Why does everyone think my tweets are football related? Do they not know that I'm a human being and I have a life outside of football?

SR
01-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Tracy Porter @T_Porter22

Why does everyone think my tweets are football related? Do they not know that I'm a human being and I have a life outside of football?

In everyone's face.

Dzone
01-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Carter and Bolden are both better than Porter

Dzone
01-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Tracy Porter @T_Porter22

Porter must have been listening to big al and dmac saying that Fox should cut porter...Porter had to go in to damage control to cover his ass

BroncoWave
01-09-2013, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't either AT THIS POINT because, mostly, Harris is playing so well. I don't necessarily believe Harris is a "better" CB than Porter, but he is certainly on his way. Carter is not better than Porter. Period.

I respectfully disagree. I don't know where the stat stands now, but there was one point in the season in which Carter had allowed the lowest completion % of passes thrown his way of any CB in the NFL. Plus, I was never as high on Porter as many were on here even early in the season when he was making big plays. While he makes plenty of plays he gets toasted a bunch as well. I, personally, prefer the consistency that Carter brings. That, and his younger age and cheaper price tag.

DenBronx
01-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Here's how I would rank our CBs.

Champ
Harris
Porter
Carter

That's probably the best CB tandem in the league. Bailey covers 1/3 of the field all by himself and Harris will make you pay for throwing at him, both of these guys are tackling machines and tackling stats are so underated for CBs. Porter is very solid but his health problems really got in the wa y this year and while he was out Harris took full advantage of his opportunity. I would like to see Porter get some playing time this next game but only as a rotational guy. I guess it's always a good problem when your bench is really deep. Not sure if the bench is deep for our WRs.

SR
01-09-2013, 03:10 PM

What?

SR
01-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I respectfully disagree. I don't know where the stat stands now, but there was one point in the season in which Carter had allowed the lowest completion % of passes thrown his way of any CB in the NFL. Plus, I was never as high on Porter as many were on here even early in the season when he was making big plays. While he makes plenty of plays he gets toasted a bunch as well. I, personally, prefer the consistency that Carter brings. That, and his younger age and cheaper price tag.

Valid points for sure. Agree to disagree.

CoachChaz
01-09-2013, 03:13 PM
I'll give Harris the nod of being as good as Porter simply because he shows it consistently...but Carter is either really good or really bad. Needs to be more consistent

CoachChaz
01-09-2013, 03:18 PM

After about 8 games there was the stat that he was the hardest CB to complete a pass against. Then he got toasted by Denario Alexander, Mike Williams, etc. He's been solid the last few...but not what he was earlier in the season.

nyuk nyuk
01-10-2013, 02:14 PM

Whoa, whut?

BroncoJoe
01-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Not sure, but I thought I heard on the radio this morning that Porter has a concussion....

ShaneFalco
01-10-2013, 02:27 PM
wait hold on, its saying he didnt pass the concussion test on NFL.com..

Chef Zambini
01-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Not sure, but I thought I heard on the radio this morning that Porter has a concussion....

well that explains the stoopid shit he's been tweeting, dude be wrong in the head !
so we forgive his indiscretions.

Chef Zambini
01-10-2013, 02:54 PM
wait hold on, its saying he didnt pass the concussion test on NFL.com..NFL.com administers a concussion test?
maybe I should take it !

SR
01-10-2013, 03:36 PM
well that explains the stoopid shit he's been tweeting, dude be wrong in the head !
so we forgive his indiscretions.

As opposed to all of the "stoopid" shit you post here...

jhildebrand
01-10-2013, 03:41 PM
I know Porter has been unhappy. Free him up and use his roster spot on the just now released Chris Rainey.

Dapper Dan
01-10-2013, 04:12 PM
I know Porter has been unhappy. Free him up and use his roster spot on the just now released Chris Rainey.

No.

Dapper Dan
01-10-2013, 04:13 PM
If I played a pro sport I would not have Twitter. There's no way I could stand the stupid comments those guys get. I guess it's a good thing they are football players and not real people.

rationalfan
01-10-2013, 05:10 PM
If I played a pro sport I would not have Twitter. There's no way I could stand the stupid comments those guys get. I guess it's a good thing they are football players and not real people.

so what are they? cyborgs? mutants? zombies? synthetic humans?

turftoad
01-10-2013, 05:52 PM

He was released because he was beating up his girlfriend. This is the second incident that he has been involved with beating up his women. The other one was when he was in college.

No thanks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/steelers-cut-chris-rainey-hours-after-arrest/

Dzone
01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
I will take Porters childish petulance over Raineys criminal and evil mind...

Chef Zambini
01-10-2013, 06:30 PM
As opposed to all of the "stoopid" shit you post here...my puppet on a string.